The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: Worst MCU movie so far?
Iron Man 0 0%
Iron Man 2 68 39.53%
Iron Man 3 39 22.67%
The Incredible Hulk 38 22.09%
Thor 11 6.40%
Captain America: The First Avenger 10 5.81%
The Avengers 6 3.49%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #251
giveyourself12%
Team Walt

Default Re: Worst Marvel Studio's movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Because, of course, if the plot involves a character who is not who they seem, you should totally talk about their underlying nature in interviews. *rollseyes*
We all know there's a difference between not talking about an important plot point or even a twist and outright lying about a character.

If they want to mislead people in the trailers or even in the first half of the movie and then hit them with a big reveal, that's one thing...but to actively lie and say, "You're gonna see this, this, and this in our movie so get ready for it and this guy's backstory is this so that's where his motivations lie...." and then go, "HAAAAAAHAHAHA WE GOT YOU!!!! NONE OF THAT WAS TRUE AT ALL!!!! OH MAN...THAT WAS SO GOOD...ah.....whew......"

That coupled with Black's "I'm sick of hearing nerds complain about no space rings" leads me to believe he has at least some level of contempt for his audience which I think served the film badly.

Reasonable director: "That's just not the direction we wanted to take this character".

Shane Black: "Shut up about it already and just watch the movie I gave you!!"

Old 12-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #252
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Marvel Studios start out with lightning in a bottle with IM and gradually get worse with every movie they make. When I say worse I am talking relatively compared to Iron Man, which for me is in the top 4 best superhero movies ever made.

On some level I have enjoyed every Marvel movie I have watched but they are now too concerned with expanding their universe and less about simply telling a good story. Iron Man (for me) feels like a proper movie that is telling a good story about a characters who completely transforms over the course of the movie and then there is a after credits cut scene that has next to nothing to do with the movie and can be taken or left. Now every Marvel movie is preoccupied with the next Marvel movie, directors are given briefs with what to include from Whedon so it ties in with the Avengers movies instead of making the directors and writers do what made Iron Man so great, tell a good story.

I've been entertained, I wont lie but when I watch a superhero movie I want MORE, I want characters that effect me rather than simple popcorn, leave your brain at the door FLUFF.

Anyway my humble opinion of the best to worst Marvel movies (with what I look for in a movie);

Iron Man (by miles)
Thor
Avengers
Captain America
TIH
Thor: TDW
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3

As I said it's all relative, I'd take any Marvel Studios movie over Green Lantern or Daredevil for example.
I agree. Captain America was the last Marvel movie that had a proper story, the third act ruined the film for me but still it made an honest effort. What i hate is not only they are not interested to tell good stories but they waste so much talent with minor roles and from superhero films they turn them to light family comedies with superheroes. It sucks but i will too take any marvel studios film over gl and dd.

Some of them fell into Hell
Old 12-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #253
King Marvel
Newbie First Class

I don't think any of them are bad, but i voted for the one I'd rate the lowest, Iron Man 2. That said, I'd still give IM2 about an 8/10, so its only the least good of a set of movies that I enjoy.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #254
zeptron
Side-Kick

Iron Man 2. Don't hate it, but it's the one I liked the least. It felt more of an advertisement for Avengers than an Iron Man movie.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #255
BoredGuy
Killing Time

I went IM2, mainly because Thor TDW isn't on the list yet

Old 12-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #256
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Well I did the poll a few months before TDW came thinking it couldnt possibly be one of the worst.

I didnt see the point in doing another poll so soon after, will wait until next year.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 01-02-2014, 05:07 PM   #257
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

I could close this thread and make a new thread for you, if you want. Honestly, once Cap 2 comes out GotG will be close. So I'd say it is either worth doing now or waiting until after GotG.

That being said, I think IM2 is still clearly the weak link, and I do feel poll results still would reflect that.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:24 PM   #258
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Yeah you could do, I thought this thread was dead to be honest but when TDW came out some people wanted to vote for it, so you could make a new thread for them, although likr you I still see IM2 getting the most votes.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 01-02-2014, 11:49 PM   #259
SoNicRaDiATioN
Hooked On A Feeling

That's cause it's clearly the worst.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:00 AM   #260
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
That's cause it's clearly the worst.
The Incredible Hulk says "hi".

Old 01-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #261
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

It is done amigos

Closed Thread