The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: Worst MCU movie so far?
Iron Man 0 0%
Iron Man 2 68 39.53%
Iron Man 3 39 22.67%
The Incredible Hulk 38 22.09%
Thor 11 6.40%
Captain America: The First Avenger 10 5.81%
The Avengers 6 3.49%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #151
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Worst Marvel Studio's movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
I am not. The suit is supposed to protect Tony, and it did, so that worked in terms of what the movie proposed. The party fight is different, since Rhodey was supposed to be concerned about those people and their safety and he endangered them as a consequence.
Rhodey didnt know the people were still outside when he engaged Tony, how could he? He only would have found out towards the end of fight which is when they just started trading punches instead of throwing each other through walls, Tony then scared the people away.

Also, what other way was he going to get Tony to stop other than engaging him? Tony was shooting repulser ray's in his house with god knows how many people in close proximity.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 09-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #152
Synaptic Flow
Side-Kick

My answer would honestly be "None of them." I really think they are all of high quality and I can't really acknowledge a "worst."

Old 09-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #153
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

I enjoyed all of them and have all the blu rays, I picked TIH as the weakest, but even then you are still talking the weakest out of a family of movies I love.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #154
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I own them all as well, I dont think any are bad, but IM2 is what I would call the 'worst' out of a bad bunch. TIH was slightly better than it, and I find myself liking Iron Man 3 less and less the more I watch it.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 09-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #155
SymbioteKal-El
Side-Kick

I like them all, with the exception of Captain America, while there are varying degrees of quality between all the movies, they mostly have moments in them that get your heart pumping or your emotions stirring.

CA didnt have any of that, its just a boring movie to me and never elevates beyond that, its just, there.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #156
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Rhodey didnt know the people were still outside when he engaged Tony, how could he? He only would have found out towards the end of fight which is when they just started trading punches instead of throwing each other through walls, Tony then scared the people away.
People were behind glass doors and walls, which are transparent.

Quote:
Also, what other way was he going to get Tony to stop other than engaging him? Tony was shooting repulser ray's in his house with god knows how many people in close proximity.
And again, he didn't scare them to save them but because he was drunk. And yet, there you have a better way to keep them out of harm than Rhodey's way, since you're asking for one.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #157
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
^I own them all as well, I dont think any are bad, but IM2 is what I would call the 'worst' out of a bad bunch. TIH was slightly better than it, and I find myself liking Iron Man 3 less and less the more I watch it.
Funny, i think that's the only MCU film i find myself enjoying more with each viewing. Iron Man 2 and Hulk get more boring to watch every time, while every time i rewatch Thor, Captain America and Avengers my opinion or mood never changes.

Besides the Mandarin i think Shane Black's pacing in the film was great, and the way the scenes fade into the other reminds me a lot of oldschool adventure films and Star Wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 09-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #158
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
People were behind glass doors and walls, which are transparent.
But Rhodey couldnt see that as he was fighting Stark through the back of the house, the only time Rhodey could see the people was when they crashed through the floor at the front at which time Rhodey resorted to punch's instead of throwing Stark through walls/floors.

Even watching the scene you NEVER see people from the moment Rhodey tells them to get out until when they crash through the floor at the front of the house towards the end of the fight.

Quote:
And again, he didn't scare them to save them but because he was drunk. And yet, there you have a better way to keep them out of harm than Rhodey's way, since you're asking for one.
I know he scared them because he was drunk, I never disputed that, but Rhodey told them to leave and they decided to stay and put themselves in harms way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Funny, i think that's the only MCU film i find myself enjoying more with each viewing. Iron Man 2 and Hulk get more boring to watch every time, while every time i rewatch Thor, Captain America and Avengers my opinion or mood never changes.

Besides the Mandarin i think Shane Black's pacing in the film was great, and the way the scenes fade into the other reminds me a lot of oldschool adventure films and Star Wars.
I really enjoyed it the 1st time I watched it, but that enjoyment just seems to wane each time I watch it, as opposed to Thor or Captain America which I seem to enjoy more every time I watch them, the latter I have enjoyed a hell of a lot more since The Avengers, before I that I would have put Cap at the bottom.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #159
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post

I wouldn't say I "enjoy" it more, but it has grown on me since watching it on Bluray. There are still a ton of little things that irritate me about it, but the grand scope is better in my eyes now.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #160
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Thor and Cap are the most rewatchable to me.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 10-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #161
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Out of Iron man 2 and 3,thor,and cap cap Is most watchable film.

Thor Is hit and miss.The asgard parts are good but i don't care for most of earth based scenes.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #162
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

IM3

Absolute rubbish.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #163
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

If Agents of Shield was a movie, it would be the worst for me.

Well right now, I feel like its the worst thing that came from Marvel Studios.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 10-03-2013, 01:11 AM   #164
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Its different with a series though, they can take things much slower and in some ways have to to keep people intrigued, I think AOS may turn into something very good come the end of the 1st season though.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #165
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
IM3

Absolute rubbish.
Agreed.

Iron Man 2 is more watchable than 3 for Scarlett JOhansson as Black widow alone but that's not only reason.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #166
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
IM3

Absolute rubbish.
Since I'm well down after the initial shock of the twist, I really couldn't call any of the MCU films rubbish. Not like I can call almost all of the pre-MCU Marvel films that. Even the best were just so-so to ok back then. I'd say on their worst day the MCU films are at least better than that.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #167
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
None of them are bad. If I had to pick one I'd say iron man 2 even though I really enjoyed it
This is my view too.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #168
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I re watched IM3, not as bad as I thought but that twist was still plain awful

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 10-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #169
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

I voted for Hulk. It's not bad at all but I like the other movies more.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #170
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

So, it seems Iron Man 2 is the clear least liked movie in the MCU, not surprising really, though Iron Man 3 and TIH got plenty of votes as well. Lets hope Thor 2 is at the top of the spectrum for MCU movies rather than the bottom.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #171
A Dollar Short
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
For me, its Captain America. Weak villain, predictable story and bland lead character.
Same for me. CA gets my vote.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #172
Drizzle
ALL HAIL MAURICE

I don't think any of them are bad, but The Incredible Hulk is still my least favorite. When I first saw Iron Man 3, I enjoyed it enough that I considered it better than Iron Man 2. But after watching it again a few times on Blu-ray, I realize that I might have been mistaken. I like both of them, but I feel like IM3 is more flawed.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #173
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Same here, I loved IM3 when I 1st watched it, but watched it again at the cinema and then seen it once on BD, disliked it more and more each time. It still has the slight edge over IM2 for me though, for now anyway.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #174
OrangeCloud
Side-Kick

I enjoyed all of them more than any one man should, probably, but Thor would have to be my least favorite.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:00 AM   #175
BlackFox
Name on the trophy?

IM3 is my least favourite by far but then it did follow Avengers and Thor was a bit forgettable, not bad just a bit bland.