The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 09-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #126
Zarex
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Any chance "merger of brands" means Inhumans and Avengers?
This makes the most sense to me. Out of the new IPs rumored to be at the one deck circle, Mr. Diesel seems to be the best fit for the role of Blackagar Boltagon - though Feige and company may want to work on the name a bit.

If Wanda and Pietro are Inhumans in the MCU, then a future Avengers film could feature an all out multi-team brawl, with both teams blaming the other for the twins mysterious disappearance. You could get some great onscreen fights - Thor vs Black Bolt! Crystal vs Iron Man! Lockjaw vs the Hulk! Karnak vs Cap! - followed by a joint attack against the "real" enemy.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #127
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
This makes the most sense to me. Out of the new IPs rumored to be at the one deck circle, Mr. Diesel seems to be the best fit for the role of Blackagar Boltagon - though Feige and company may want to work on the name a bit.

If Wanda and Pietro are Inhumans in the MCU, then a future Avengers film could feature an all out multi-team brawl, with both teams blaming the other for the twins mysterious disappearance. You could get some great onscreen fights - Thor vs Black Bolt! Crystal vs Iron Man! Lockjaw vs the Hulk! Karnak vs Cap! - followed by a joint attack against the "real" enemy.
Except for the fact that general audiences wouldn't give two ****s about an Avengers vs. Inhumans fight. "Cap vs. who....? " Marvel is going to have a hard enough sell trying to introduce the Inhumans as a new team of superheroes, let alone turning them into antagonists for the Avengers right off the bat. So....are they heroes, or are they villains...? Just too confusing for regular folks who don't know Crystal from crapola.

As for Diesel's "best fit":

Kingpin.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #128
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Except for the fact that general audiences wouldn't give two ****s about an Avengers vs. Inhumans fight. "Cap vs. who....? " Marvel is going to have a hard enough sell trying to introduce the Inhumans as a new team of superheroes, let alone turning them into antagonists for the Avengers right off the bat. So....are they heroes, or are they villains...? Just too confusing for regular folks who don't know Crystal from crapola.
They'd obviously have to have an Inhumans movie prior to having them square off with Earth's Mightiest. And to heck with the regular folk - I demand an onscreen superteam battle royale!

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #129
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
It would have to be before she gets her bionic arm.
of course. but that just sets up her "Coulson" moment; when something devastating causes her to lose it.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #130
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

"May expand to elements outside Spider-Man"

This is a pretty big hint right there

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #131
fixxxer
Side-Kick

*Cue fixxxer with a perfectly groomed white beard, an impeccably tailored suit and three lovely women hanging on his every word.*

"I don't often agree with cherokeesam's theories, but when I do, I prefer the one about Vin Diesel as Kingpin."

But seriously, Diesel as Kingpin in a Daredevil movie with an eye toward including Spidey in the MCU would be a dream come true. Not sure it will actually happen, but it is both plausible and infinitely more logical than the thousand "Spider-Man will be an Avenger in Avengers 2" crackpot theories floating out there.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #132
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
*Cue fixxxer with a perfectly groomed white beard, an impeccably tailored suit and three lovely women hanging on his every word.*

"I don't often agree with cherokeesam's theories, but when I do, I prefer the one about Vin Diesel as Kingpin."

But seriously, Diesel as Kingpin in a Daredevil movie with an eye toward including Spidey in the MCU would be a dream come true. Not sure it will actually happen, but it is both plausible and infinitely more logical than the thousand "Spider-Man will be an Avenger in Avengers 2" crackpot theories floating out there.
Didnt Vin Diesel say the character he was up for "had a different kind of love story"? Someone correct me if im wrong but I dont recall Kingpin ever having a love intress in the comics.

Reality Stone=Aether
Power Stone=Orb
Time Stone=?????
Soul Stone=?????
lozzy.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #133
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozzy.94 View Post
Didnt Vin Diesel say the character he was up for "had a different kind of love story"? Someone correct me if im wrong but I dont recall Kingpin ever having a love intress in the comics.
then you must not have read much Daredevil. he's married. his wife is actually a pretty important character. he also had Typhoid Mary on the side.

http://thebraveandtheblog.files.word...pg?w=430&h=210

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron...47_Vanessa.jpg

http://media.**************.com/imag...29969/Fisk.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jhF2lLJsj3...g+You+-+06.jpg

that said, he's clearly talking about Thanos loving Death.

Last edited by Ant-manic; 09-17-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:23 PM   #134
Loki882
Side-Kick

Or Black Bolt loving Medusa.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #135
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
This would be a strong lineup of heroes for ASM 4 or Heroes for Hire if Spidey was a part of MCU.

Spider-Man
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Daredevil
Punisher
Misty Knight
Colleen Wing
Black Cat
Morbius

And the only connection that these heroes should have with the Avengers is maybe have it where Misty's bionic arm is made of Vibranium and that's the only connection (albeit loose)

I'd honestly prefer a Marve Knights film with

Spider-Man
Daredevil
Ronin (Echo)
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Ghost Rider
Punisher

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #136
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

I think a Korvac Saga could be coming one day, that would bring together Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy, plus possibly other heroes.

Tymminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #137
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Or Black Bolt loving Medusa.
but there's nothing different about that love story. they are husband and wife. Thanos is infatuated with something unlovable; except by maybe the suicidal. even him being Vision would be more appropriate than Black Bolt; going only by the different kind of love statement.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #138
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
but there's nothing different about that love story. they are husband and wife. Thanos is infatuated with something unlovable; except by maybe the suicidal. even him being Vision would be more appropriate than Black Bolt; going only by the different kind of love statement.
That's true and all, but where the puzzle pieces *don't* fit is in the fact that Diesel talks about his prospective film being a "new IP for 2016." That obviously doesn't gibe when Thanos will definitely be introduced next year in GOTG. Plus, it would be awkward for an actor to play multiple roles --- even if one is just a voice-over --- in the same film. Usually that only happens in comedic or semi-comedic films that try to showcase the range of the star (e.g., anything with Peter Sellers in it).

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #139
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Although in Lord of the Rings, Tree-beard and Gimli are the same guy.

Tymminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:40 AM   #140
JJmelo
Side-Kick

When Diesel speaks of "merging brands" the first thing that came to mind was simply having whichever his character is interacting with an already established Avenger. Marvel is handling each of its characters as a separate brand essentially so it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

The first character people thought he was going to portray was Vision and with the way things are going Vision seems likely to make an appearance. So my thought is that there will be a Vision standalone with Stark or someone playing a major role, hence "merging brands".

JJmelo is offline   Reply With Quote