The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: GLOBAL Box office take
$1.5B+ 12 26.67%
$1.3B - $1.5B 2 4.44%
$1.0B - $1.3B 18 40.00%
$800k - $1.0B 11 24.44%
<$800k 2 4.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #51
StraightSix
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Box Office Thread

Yea in terms of screenplay... Goyer doesn't give me much confidence at all. He's good for story though.

StraightSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:01 AM   #52
$0UL3$$
Side-Kick

The movie is going to be the movie of the century. Im waiting for what snyder has come up with. Ben affleck is great to play an older batman and kevin smith just said that the batsuit looks freaking awesome. Goyer also said that they are further along than most of us think so they might have been working on this movie for years for it to be great. Lex is confirmed by snyder and doomsday is mentioned on the kryptonian screen in man of steel if u use the translator from blu ray. Great heroes, great villains, great directors, great suits. Im estimating a 1.3 billion + or even 1.5 billion +.

$0UL3$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #53
Mr. Dent
Banned User

$1.5b+ if the movie is critically acclaimed

$1.3bish if the movie gets Man of Steel reviews.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #54
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

So as a little bit of an experiment, last night I watched my Man of Steel Blu Ray followed by The Dark Knight Returns (animated) to try to get a feel of how those two characters might interact together. I'm already optimistic about this movie and my expectations were just reinforced. I feel like the two bring very different characters which would create a more interesting dynamic than if they were both in year one or two. I stand behind my $1 billion guess.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #55
the last son
Side-Kick

I don't know. Avengers will still beat this movie. I say just under a billion.

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #56
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Who cares how much it makes as long as the movie is good.

It's not like we're going to see any of the money.

LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #57
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

It matters because if a movie makes money the studio will continue with the franchise.

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #58
Juha Bach
Side-Kick

Its batman on 3d. Should make the billion.

Juha Bach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #59
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Barely a billion if it sucks.
$1.2 Billion if it gets a MOS-esque reaction/slightly more positive
$1.5 Billion+ if it gets really positive reaction/critical acclaim.

Basically, it's more than likely gonna make bank.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #60
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Barely a billion if it sucks.
$1.2 Billion if it gets a MOS-esque reaction/slightly more positive
$1.5 Billion+ if it gets really positive reaction/critical acclaim.

Basically, it's more than likely gonna make bank.
Coming off of something that isn't returns(to the returns like detractors).
Snyder trailers
Zeitgeist

Probably going to land in the top 5 BO list.

In 3 years, I see the top ten list being very much overhauled.
more Cameron films, star trek, avengers and DC films...etc

Last edited by Marvin; 11-12-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #61
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Coming off of something that isn't returns(to the returns like detractors).
Snyder trailers
Zeitgeist

Probably going to land in the top 5 BO list.

In 3 years, I see the top ten list being very much overhauled.
more Cameron films, star trek, avengers and DC films...etc
1. Avatar
2. Avatar 2
3. Titanic
4. Avengers
5. Avengers 2
6. Star Wars 7
7. Harry Potter 8
8. Iron Man 3
9. Batman vs Superman
10. Transformers 3

I don't think there will be much overhauling. It will be fun to see how it plays out though.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #62
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
Yea in terms of screenplay... Goyer doesn't give me much confidence at all. He's good for story though.
I love him for both.

Masone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #63
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
1. Avatar
2. Avatar 2
3. Titanic
4. Avengers
5. Avengers 2
6. Star Wars 7
7. Harry Potter 8
8. Iron Man 3
9. Batman vs Superman
10. Transformers 3

I don't think there will be much overhauling. It will be fun to see how it plays out though.
yea I meant in the near future rather. I see that list being shuffled down. That being said, what I actually was thinking is just how open the billion dollar club has become..
I'd be surprised if Spidey didn't enter soon.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #64
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

$1.3 Trillion.

Domestic.

Write that down.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Hair (2016)
Hair League for Men (2017)
Wonder Woman's Styling Tips (2018)
Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

The Dark Knight Glazes (2019)
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #65
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
$1.3 Trillion.

Domestic.

Write that down.
You are really underestimating this movie aren't you?

Dats dat.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #66
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Hmmmm.

I find it hard to guess box office results, but my best guess is:

700-800 million if it's bad to mediocre
1 billion if the script is good

MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #67
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Now that ID2 has been pushed to 2016, the July 4th. The 2015 4th of July slot is now open.

I wonder if WB's will consider bumping up this BvsS/WF movie a week to July 10th weekend or even taking over that 4th of July week slot by tabbing the release to be on Wednesday July 1st or Friday July 3rd?

Would they consider that?

NoLaNitE007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #68
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well, at least this film won't have to worry about competing with Episode 7 during the summer given that the latter film is now scheduled for a Winter release instead.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #69
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLaNitE007 View Post
Now that ID2 has been pushed to 2016, the July 4th. The 2015 4th of July slot is now open.

I wonder if WB's will consider bumping up this BvsS/WF movie a week to July 10th weekend or even taking over that 4th of July week slot by tabbing the release to be on Wednesday July 1st or Friday July 3rd?

Would they consider that?
Maybe, but I think the July 17th date is just fine.

Dats dat.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #70
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

July 10th has the Minions movie.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #71
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

I Would just like to say how disappointed I am that they are making a sequel to Independence Day. There are just some movies that don't need sequels; soon Hollywood will release Titanic 2, Schindler's List 2,Life of Pi 2, To Kill A Mocking Bird 2, and in time for Christmas, It's a wonderful Life 2.

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:46 AM   #72
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I Would just like to say how disappointed I am that they are making a sequel to Independence Day. There are just some movies that don't need sequels; soon Hollywood will release Titanic 2, Schindler's List 2,Life of Pi 2, To Kill A Mocking Bird 2, and in time for Christmas, It's a wonderful Life 2.
You may not think they need a sequel but they always had one in mind.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #73
JOE

This has to be THE most optimistic Box Office thread I've seen on this site. I realize the hype is big and it's the first time Batman and Superman get to share the silver screen together, but wow... Not that there's anything wrong with it, I hope this movie does extremely well as a Justice League movie rides on it's shoulders. However, topping 1.5B? Unrealistic, IMO.

I respectfully understand the logic behind it, Batman did 1B twice on it's own and MOS was a pretty good hit bringing in around 660M. However, there's a huge flaw to said logic. First off, Batman hit 1B twice, but just barley by about 8M the first time and around 80M the second time. Not taking anything away from it, just stating fact. They didn't wave as they raced by the 1B marker like The Avengers did. TDK hitting 1B was also a result of having arguably THE BEST villain performance of all time, who tragically passed away during it's time of release. Nonetheless, it ended up going down as one of, if not THE best CBM of all time. TDKR could have pre sold millions of tickets without even revealing a trailer based on their previous instalment. MOS was questionable from the critic stand point, along with some of the fans. Visually stunning, yet lacked in character development. The box office speaks for itself. A good box office, 660M is nothing to joke about... However, in respect to where it should have been, average. Disappointing for fans, a miracle for some.

My point is that I don't see this new movie carrying that kind of momentum (Avengers or Nolan's Batman). It's carrying the Batman and Superman name and that's about it for me. I much would have rather had a MOS sequel on it's own and then bring Batman in later on. It feels like a cry for help, like they're bringing in the subs already due to it's underwhelming reviews and average BO (again, for what Superman fans wanted it to be.)

I'm not a hater by any means, not a Marvel fanboy nor do I want the movie to flop. This movie making 1B + would be considered a huge hit, not the norm that this poll alludes it to being. People just can't seem to swallow that fact, much like the billion dollar + predictions of MOS. It just doesn't add up to what people are predicting. 4 selections to predict anywhere from 800M-1.5B+ and then 1 slot for everything else. Seems unfair to be categorized like that. There's lots of room for this movie to fall below the 800M marker.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #74
JOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #75
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
This has to be THE most optimistic Box Office thread I've seen on this site. I realize the hype is big and it's the first time Batman and Superman get to share the silver screen together, but wow... Not that there's anything wrong with it, I hope this movie does extremely well as a Justice League movie rides on it's shoulders. However, topping 1.5B? Unrealistic, IMO.

I respectfully understand the logic behind it, Batman did 1B twice on it's own and MOS was a pretty good hit bringing in around 660M. However, there's a huge flaw to said logic. First off, Batman hit 1B twice, but just barley by about 8M the first time and around 80M the second time. Not taking anything away from it, just stating fact. They didn't wave as they raced by the 1B marker like The Avengers did. TDK hitting 1B was also a result of having arguably THE BEST villain performance of all time, who tragically passed away during it's time of release. Nonetheless, it ended up going down as one of, if not THE best CBM of all time. TDKR could have pre sold millions of tickets without even revealing a trailer based on their previous instalment. MOS was questionable from the critic stand point, along with some of the fans. Visually stunning, yet lacked in character development. The box office speaks for itself. A good box office, 660M is nothing to joke about... However, in respect to where it should have been, average. Disappointing for fans, a miracle for some.

My point is that I don't see this new movie carrying that kind of momentum (Avengers or Nolan's Batman). It's carrying the Batman and Superman name and that's about it for me. I much would have rather had a MOS sequel on it's own and then bring Batman in later on. It feels like a cry for help, like they're bringing in the subs already due to it's underwhelming reviews and average BO (again, for what Superman fans wanted it to be.)

I'm not a hater by any means, not a Marvel fanboy nor do I want the movie to flop. This movie making 1B + would be considered a huge hit, not the norm that this poll alludes it to being. People just can't seem to swallow that fact, much like the billion dollar + predictions of MOS. It just doesn't add up to what people are predicting. 4 selections to predict anywhere from 800M-1.5B+ and then 1 slot for everything else. Seems unfair to be categorized like that. There's lots of room for this movie to fall below the 800M marker.
I might feel similarly if the Batfleck debacle hadn't caused such a huge splash. People are buzzing about the film two years ahead of time, and I'd guess the snowball is just gonna keep growing with the first official pic, the first teaser, the full trailers... if it doesn't reach a billion, something will have gone terribly wrong, but right now I'd say it's pretty well positioned.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Nemeres is offline   Reply With Quote