The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #51
Erzengel
Hype Award Winner
 
Erzengel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 60,825
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
So is Sanchez the biggest QB bust to come from USC? Or does Flatlinert still take the cake there?

I bet Carson Palmer and Matt Barkley are forever grateful for those guys. No matter how many picks Palmer throws and regardless of whether Barkley even sees a minute of actual game time, at least they know they'll never be viewed as poorly as Sanchez or Leinart.
I'd put Leinart in front of him.

I'm not sure if the injury is good or bad for his legacy in NY. On one hand he will now officially be "Butt fumble" but on the other hand, he could have done something equally embarrassing.

__________________
Erzengel is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #52
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 13,094
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Equally embarrassing? If Sanchez forgot to wear a cup and the center snapped the ball low and nailed him square in the nuts, causing him to fumble the ball and fall to the ground grabbing his crotch in pain while a linebacker scoops up the ball and runs it into the end zone, it still wouldn't be as embarrassing as the Buttfumble.

However, it would give us a good sequel to the Buttfumble... the Nutfumble.

Oh, what could have been. But let's relive the Single Greatest Moment in Football history, shall we?










__________________

Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #53
Erzengel
Hype Award Winner
 
Erzengel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 60,825
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

I was also inferring he had an opportunity, a very slim opportunity to put that behind him. (No pun intended).

The next time he's playing in Met Life is as a backup with another team.

__________________
Erzengel is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #54
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 13,094
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
I was also inferring he had an opportunity, a very slim opportunity to put that behind him. (No pun intended).

The next time he's playing in Met Life is as a backup with another team.
Mark Sanchez is always playing behind someone.

__________________

Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #55
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!
 
The Incredible Hulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps!
Posts: 30,054
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
So is Sanchez the biggest QB bust to come from USC? Or does Flatlinert still take the cake there?

I bet Carson Palmer and Matt Barkley are forever grateful for those guys. No matter how many picks Palmer throws and regardless of whether Barkley even sees a minute of actual game time, at least they know they'll never be viewed as poorly as Sanchez or Leinart.
I think Todd Marinovich still holds that title. Guy was a first round pick who played all of like 8 games in the NFL and was out of the league completely in 2 years and doing copious amounts of drugs.

I think most people knew Sanchez wasnt a sure thing coming out of college, the Jets just WAY overdrafted him. Sanchez did make two AFC Championship games though, and has already had like 10 times the career Marinovich ever had.

Leinart is probably a close second to TM in terms of USC busts.

Palmer is in no way a bust. The guy was a really good QB who had his knee shredded by Kimo von Oelhoffen in a playoff game and was just never the same afterwards. Although given all that, he still threw for over 4,000 yards on a bad Raiders team last season, so that's got to count for something.

As for Barkley, who knows? He was only a 4th round pick, so it'll be hard to really label him that much of a "bust" even if he does flame out. Eagles havent exactly invested a ton in him at this point.

__________________
Superheroes: Serious Business!

Last edited by The Incredible Hulk; 09-12-2013 at 04:13 PM.
The Incredible Hulk is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #56
Nell2ThaIzzay
*****
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 15,967
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Equally embarrassing? If Sanchez forgot to wear a cup and the center snapped the ball low and nailed him square in the nuts, causing him to fumble the ball and fall to the ground grabbing his crotch in pain while a linebacker scoops up the ball and runs it into the end zone, it still wouldn't be as embarrassing as the Buttfumble.

However, it would give us a good sequel to the Buttfumble... the Nutfumble.

Oh, what could have been. But let's relive the Single Greatest Moment in Football history, shall we?











Just... everything in this post. Every last inch of it.

__________________
Trask Industries, watching out for humanity since 1973

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nell2ThaIzzay is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #57
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,719
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Alternate Madden 25 Cover


Donut is online now  
Old 09-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #58
Immortalfire
The Mod of Death
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Immortalfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: In the pale moonlight
Posts: 54,922
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Mark Sanchez is always playing behind someone.
I'm sure he's tired of being the butt of every joke.

__________________
D A W G S
Immortalfire is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #59
Boom
I got nothin'
 
Boom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sitting on the nitpicket fence
Posts: 29,788
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Is the game tonight only on the NFL Network?

__________________
"A bat signal, for listeners who might not know, refers to the children's character The Bat Man - a strong gentleman who fights crime nocturnally."
Boom is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #60
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man
 
Hush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Planet Of OA
Posts: 14,855
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Yes. For the rest of the year Thursday Night games are.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I like love stories. Preferably the love stories that involve a woman without enough money to pay the pizza man, so she has to pay for it....with her vagina.
Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is online now  
Old 09-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #61
Erzengel
Hype Award Winner
 
Erzengel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 60,825
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Unless you live near the cities where they are playing. Thank goodness, I think the NFL Network play by play is the worst.

__________________
Erzengel is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #62
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,719
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Jets already being the Jets

Donut is online now  
Old 09-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #63
Erzengel
Hype Award Winner
 
Erzengel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 60,825
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Which fans would be more insufferable if they won?

__________________
Erzengel is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #64
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man
 
Hush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Planet Of OA
Posts: 14,855
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Yeah, that wasnt a TD. Oh and the Jets ERZ.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I like love stories. Preferably the love stories that involve a woman without enough money to pay the pizza man, so she has to pay for it....with her vagina.
Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is online now  
Old 09-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #65
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 14,214
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Damn it, Dobson!

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f**k the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #66
Liam_H
Side-Kick
 
Liam_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 8,061
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Brady is ripping his hair out.

__________________

Spill


Liam_H is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #67
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 13,094
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Brady would kill to have Hernandez back right now.

__________________

Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #68
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 13,094
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk View Post
I think Todd Marinovich still holds that title. Guy was a first round pick who played all of like 8 games in the NFL and was out of the league completely in 2 years and doing copious amounts of drugs.

I think most people knew Sanchez wasnt a sure thing coming out of college, the Jets just WAY overdrafted him. Sanchez did make two AFC Championship games though, and has already had like 10 times the career Marinovich ever had.

Leinart is probably a close second to TM in terms of USC busts.

Palmer is in no way a bust. The guy was a really good QB who had his knee shredded by Kimo von Oelhoffen in a playoff game and was just never the same afterwards. Although given all that, he still threw for over 4,000 yards on a bad Raiders team last season, so that's got to count for something.

As for Barkley, who knows? He was only a 4th round pick, so it'll be hard to really label him that much of a "bust" even if he does flame out. Eagles havent exactly invested a ton in him at this point.
I wasn't calling Palmer or Barkley busts. I was just pointing out that even though Palmer will never be what he once was and if Barkley never emerges as anything, at least they weren't Sanchez or Leinart.


Side note... NFL Network is doing a Football Life episode on Darelle Revis? Seriously? I mean... the guy is good, but really?

__________________

Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #69
WalkingDeadMike
#KNICKSTAPE
 
WalkingDeadMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dirty Jersey
Posts: 1,912
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Brady would kill to have Hernandez back right now.
I see what you did there.

__________________
Oh, my sweet summer child, what do you know about fear?
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
WalkingDeadMike is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #70
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man
 
Hush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Planet Of OA
Posts: 14,855
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

I would do the killing for him.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I like love stories. Preferably the love stories that involve a woman without enough money to pay the pizza man, so she has to pay for it....with her vagina.
Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is online now  
Old 09-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #71
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 14,214
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

I'd avoid Brady in the locker room lol.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f**k the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #72
WalkingDeadMike
#KNICKSTAPE
 
WalkingDeadMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dirty Jersey
Posts: 1,912
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Brady looks awful, and it's not just the rookies' fault.

That hit that Geno took when he stepped up and throw to Santonio was brutal. I think it was weak for roughing (but I feel that way about most of them), but he was still crushed. If he can learn to not hold the ball so long, he might have potential. But I still think Manuel is going to be the cream of this draft class at QB.

__________________
Oh, my sweet summer child, what do you know about fear?
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
WalkingDeadMike is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #73
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 14,214
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Pats are having a great pass rush!

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f**k the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 09:41 PM   #74
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man
 
Hush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Planet Of OA
Posts: 14,855
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

This is mostly the Rookies fault, these Patriots recievers are just not performing.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I like love stories. Preferably the love stories that involve a woman without enough money to pay the pizza man, so she has to pay for it....with her vagina.
Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is online now  
Old 09-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #75
Immortalfire
The Mod of Death
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Immortalfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: In the pale moonlight
Posts: 54,922
Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Attack of the Matts - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Brady would kill to have Hernandez back right now.
That would be murder on opposing defenses.

__________________
D A W G S
Immortalfire is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.