The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - Part 22

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 21

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #3
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - Part 22

Joss HAS to come back for A3. Wouldn't be right with someone else

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 07-21-2014, 02:39 PM   #4
doink
Moonlight Legend

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - Part 23

Quote:
I take that quote as Gunn being utterly offended that he was asked such a stupid question. Of course he writes it up like Gunn gave something away but as was said it's probably just for traffic.
Yeah, that's probably what really went on...especially since Devin was the only one asking that question!

Even if Gunn posted on his facebook going "geez guys I'm not directing A3 stop with these BS rumors already! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ • ", I bet Devin will find some way to spin it. He's probably already working on an article about how "Hulk/GoTG crossover is still totes gonna happen guys" even though Gunn said that rumor was BS and he doesn't want a Hulk/GoTG crossover.

doink's MCU ranking: 1. The Avengers, 2. CA:TWS, 3. GoTG, 4. Iron Man, 5. Thor, 6. IM3, 7. CA:TFA, 8. Thor:TDW, 9. IM2, 10. TIH
Old 07-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #5
Lorus
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - Part 23

I'll wait and see how this develops but it wouldn't seem that strange to me if Faraci was right. These films swallow up a large amount of time and it's unknown how much control Whedon really has on their content. Add that to all the stress that accompanies production and I could definitely see Whedon graciously bowing out.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #6
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Gunn explicitly says that one of the few inputs Joss had on GotG was in the casting of Thanos, because Thanos is "going to appear in the stuff [Gunn] does as well as the stuff Joss does".

Doesn't get more clear-cut than that.

If Joss had the intention of leaving Avengers 3 in someone else's hands (especially Gunn's), he wouldn't have bothered involving himself in the casting process for Thanos.

ゴジラ
Old 07-21-2014, 03:18 PM   #7
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

From Collider

You got Josh Brolin for Thanos. Was it tough to get him? Talk a little bit about landing him for the role and why you chose him.
FEIGE: We knew he was going to be in this movie. We wanted somebody to be more than just the voice. Josh did the performance as well. We were looking at a wish list of, “Wouldn’t it be great if names,” and his name was on it. And you look at his face and the performances he gives, he could be Thanos without any effects. He has that kind of face and that kind of gravitas to it.
We reached out to him and it was one of those things that does not happen all the time but when it does it’s very nice, where he was totally intrigued. He was a fan of what we did, he met with Jeremy Latcham in a hotel in London and learned about the characters a little bit. I spoke to him on the phone a few times. We ran it by James who loved it, ran it by Joss who loved it because Thanos is in this universe because of Avengers. Then we shot him and recorded for it.
When you signed Josh for Thanos, I’m assuming he had to sign a multi-picture deal.
FEIGE: Usually people do, yes.
Right now, we did not see the Easter egg that’s gonna be at the end of the credits of Guardians. Was it because the scene is not done yet or is it because you don’t want people to know until opening day?
FEIGE: It is done and it always varies. There’s no rhyme or reason, necessarily. Sometimes there are things that I think are just more fun to be discovered by the people. The normal people, not fancy pants like yourself who see it early and complain is not in IMAX—but to have a surprise on opening night. And it does vary, sometimes it’s because it’s not ready, sometimes we include it and sometimes we hold it back. We just decided it’d be fun to hold this one back.
You guys announced five untitled movies through 2019. Do you know what the movies are and it’s just a question of when you announce them?
FEIGE: Yes.
Will fans at Comic-Con in a few days, Saturday night at 6 o’clock, hear about some of the Phase 3 movies that have not yet been announced?
FEIGE: Maybe. That’s me being less sly than you think or less coy than you think.
Sure, so it’s a question of, if contracts get signed before Saturday. I understand, Sir. Jumping into status of Thor 3 and Captain America 3.
FEIGE: Both in development, both in the works. Cap has already been announced, so that’s up first. That’s in a further stage. Thor is being outlined right now, so both in the works.
Have you cast Doctor Strange?
FEIGE: No.
So, no announcement at Comic-Con in terms of who’s playing him? Or that’s one of those contracts?
FEIGE: [nods]
I understand. On Twitter, a lot of people said, now that we’ve gone to Asgard for Thor and outer space for Guardians, can we go to Africa for Black Panther or can we get a female-led superhero movie in the near future?
FEIGE: I think we could, it’s a matter of when. It’s a matter of what are those dates, it’s a matter of juggling multiple, successful franchises. Is there a downside to managing multiple, successful franchises? I believe we’re figuring out that there is, which is having the time to do them all. So, at what point do we hold back a franchise or have three or four years between parts of a franchise in order to introduce new ones? Or do you introduce new ones within the body of the films? We’re looking at all those things right now.

Read more at http://collider.com/kevin-feige-iron...LxOpS8FguqK.99

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 07-21-2014, 03:19 PM   #8
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Umm since Thanos is in GOTG why WOULDN'T he be involved in casting...especially if there is going to be a GOTG 2 potentially?

Old 07-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #9
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

But isn't Thanos in Avengers 2?

Old 07-21-2014, 03:35 PM   #10
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Most likely not in Avengers 2

Old 07-21-2014, 03:35 PM   #11
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Ultron is the big bad of A:AoU, Thanos will most likely feature in one of the stingers to head into A3

Old 07-21-2014, 04:11 PM   #12
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Nice interview

They've got more good things going on than they know what to do with!

Old 07-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #13
Minxie
Side-Kick

It sounds like they might have picked an actor for Strange but they haven't finalized contract negotiations yet? Lol I wish we knew what specific question Feige was "nodding" in response to.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #14
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Cant wait for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 07-21-2014, 05:02 PM   #15
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Really hope the Hulk in space rumors are fake. I kind of want a lot of the rumors that get spread around online to be exposed as fakes.

- CM Punk
Old 07-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #16
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Great read, tnx for sharing

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 07-21-2014, 06:39 PM   #17
TeeKay
Side-Kick

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 07-21-2014, 06:43 PM   #18
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Old 07-21-2014, 06:49 PM   #19
TeeKay
Side-Kick

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 07-21-2014, 06:58 PM   #20
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Why is that so absurdly badass?

Old 07-21-2014, 07:16 PM   #21
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

The weird thing is that I can kinda see James Spader in Ultron's expression there.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 07-21-2014, 07:33 PM   #22
TeeKay
Side-Kick

I want to see Ultron do this to Iron Man...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The last time someone did this much damage to Tony, was Killian in IM3.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:40 PM   #23
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Really hope the Hulk in space rumors are fake. I kind of want a lot of the rumors that get spread around online to be exposed as fakes.
Gunn already called those rumors false--at least the part saying Hulk was going to team up with the Guardians. I'm sure that whole report was bunk.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:47 PM   #24
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
The weird thing is that I can kinda see James Spader in Ultron's expression there.
Give me some of those brownies

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 07-21-2014, 07:49 PM   #25
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Give me some of those brownies
I see James Spader in your face too!!!!!!!!

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Closed Thread