The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2015, 09:38 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers)

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:38 PM   #2
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!
 
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 15,383
Default Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers)

This thread is to review Avengers: Age of Ultron for all they Hypesters.

If you want to give the movie a rating go here:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=497707

(There is no discussion in that thread)

__________________
Check out my mixes @ www.soundcloud.com/DJ-Kidd-Vicious

ps4 psn: djKiddVicious
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:38 PM   #3
Human Torch
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Far away from germs!!!!!
Posts: 10,854
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers)

So,I have just returned from watching it. I enjoyed it,but it seems to me a film that needs another watch or 2 to really appreciate it. It felt fairly disjointed. Something about it just felt off and I can't really put my finger on it.

I really enjoyed Ultron, but it didn't really feel like we spent enough time with him. He should've been a personal villain for the Avengers,but he never got a chance to deliver that gut punch (a la Loki killing Coulson.) to the team.

The threat (early in the film) didn't really feel great enough to justify them going into hiding. The Hawkeye being married subplot honestly did nothing for me. Good for Renner getting some decent screen time here,but I still would've preferred him with Widow.

I didn't really care for the Banner/Widow romance. They kicked Betty Ross to the curb with nary a word about her. And it just felt to me like they thought "Widow needs a fella after all these films. We ain't doing anything with Hulk now. How about Banner?"

I was somewhat disappointed in the Hulk this film. (Well,with the exception of the Hulkbuster fight) We got no Hulk-out scenes (well,we got a Hulk in scene for once) which are half the fun of the Hulk-the 'Unleash the Beast' moment. And Hulk is still portrayed as a mute byproduct of Banner and given no character of his own. At this point it's getting a little ridiculous.

Cap spent the whole last act sans helmet.:cmad:

Much of Thor's subplot was lost on me,not being a dyed in the wool Thor reader.But I'm guessing it'll payoff in his next solo film.

The twins were pretty good. I probably liked Quicksilver better than the Witch. His death was handled well,but it's kind of a cop out.It's tough to write such a powerful character,so it's easier to just write him out.

Vision was pretty cool.It felt a little wonky having him join the team in that manner,but no complaints.

I probably sound like I hated the film.LOL But I enjoyed the action,the humor and Ultron's morbid philosophy. I kinda feel there was more there that could've been pulled out and brought to the forefront. But I liked what we got. 4.5 out of 5


Last edited by Human Torch; 05-05-2015 at 10:08 PM.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:29 AM   #4
MIKE10
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 52
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

I'm glad that Whedon finally showed us (when Tony has no Jarvis) that it is Tony who directly controlls his suit by using his brainwaves that can be read or scanned by suit...It's great that it is him who controls the suit...It also shows us that JARVIS (or Friday) is just a sidekick to him who does less important things in the suit or simply make company for Tony and suit is not controlled through some A.I. but directly from tony....

MIKE10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:07 AM   #5
CGHulk
Green Guy
 
CGHulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,551
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

Joss crammed all these characters old and new and somehow made it a all complete coherent well told story.

To Joss Whedon: Props to you good sir!!!

__________________
"Great spirits have always experienced violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
CGHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:00 AM   #6
Arcam
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 124
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

Seen the movie twice now, on first viewing I gave it a 9/10, now I give it a 10/10.

The action for me is the best I've seen i the MCU to date, loved the new characters especially Scarlett Witch and Vision (or is it The Vision?). Liked Dr Cho, she did a great job. Not a huge fan of War Machine in the past, but he was pretty good in this one and hope his character improves in Civil War.

The scope and scale of the thing made it. Everyone had a good length of time on screen but I'd liked to have seen Falcon in the War Machine/Ironman Vs the Ultronbots battle around the helicarrier, but it was good to see him being brought back.

I'll see it again in the next couple of weeks for it is indeed a thing of beauty.

Top 5 MCU Movies - 1) Winter Soldier 10/10. 2) Age of Ultron 10/10. 3) Guardians of the Galaxy 10/10. 4) Thor 10/10. 5) Captain America The First Avenger 9.5/10.


Last edited by Arcam; 05-06-2015 at 08:05 AM.
Arcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:05 AM   #7
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick
 
lukebrodyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 926
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

Since I can't quote from a closed thread, and Mods didn't seemed to fuzzed up about the MOS criticisms in this thread, I want to just add:

- Superman saved guy on boat.
- Superman saved ALL the guys on the boat.
- Superman saved kids on the bus.
- Superman saved Lois x 3.
- Superman saved Martha.
- Superman saved the falling military guy.
- Superman saved the Colonel.
- Superman saved the entire world by stopping the World Machine.
- Superman saved the family at the end.

Clearly, in MOS, Superman saved people. And I love that people flat out ignore that most of metropolis was leveled already when he and Zod battled (you know, since he was on the other side of the planet trying to stop all the leveling)...

But I digress to my AOU review:

Overall, it was a good movie. I didn't get the same feels as I did watching A1 but that's to be expected given they'll never be able to capture the "first time" a second time.

Things I loved:

Beginning fight
Team banter
Tony's "dream" sequence
Tony & Banner relationship
"Veronica" VS Hulk fight
The showdown over Vision's creation in the lab

Things I liked:

Ultron intro (mainly due to Spader)
The "chase" sequence to get Vision's body
The final battle (in general)
The final scene with Vision and Ultron

Things I didn't like:
Banner & Widow arc (seemed forced)
Thor's "side mission" lol
Jarvis and Ultron "talking"
No civilian casualties (that's cute Marvel)
Quicksilver in general (glad he's done)
No lasting tension between Cap & Stark in the end
The passive mention of infinity stones
Widow didn't do enough (maybe because she was pregnant?)
Ultron wasnt used enough and seemed somewhat weak
After credits scene was too short (but I liked the idea)
No one seems to have trouble breathing high up in the air

Things I hated:

Unecessary scriptural references
The "circle" fight execution (couldn't see enough)
Poor exploration of why they got back together
How Ultorn was taken down so easily

I've only seen it once so I'm sure I'm forgetting many things I loved, liked, didn't like and even hated but that's what I got.

7/10

lukebrodyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:15 AM   #8
blksuperman2
Deadly Akuma
 
blksuperman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Black Krypton
Posts: 6,010
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I didn't really care for the Banner/Widow romance. They kicked Betty Ross to the curb with nary a word about her. And it just felt to me like they thought "Widow needs a fella after all these films. We ain't doing anything with Hulk now. How about Banner?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukebrodyg View Post
Things I didn't like:
Banner & Widow arc (seemed forced)

Exactly what I thought.

__________________
Our story begins with the death of Huo Yuan jia


My NEW Fan Art thread
blksuperman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:22 AM   #9
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 47,748
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukebrodyg View Post
Since I can't quote from a closed thread,
You can quote from a closed thread.

1) click on the "multi quote this post" button in lower right hand corner of post you want to quote in a closed thread.
2) In the new thread, quote a post (if you do not want to actually respond to this post, and are only using it to make the multi post quote from a closed thread, then simply delete the quote when the response box appears).
3) Below the response box you will see a line saying - You have selected 1 post that is not part of this thread. Quote this post as well, - click on this and the post from the closed thread will now appear in the response box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukebrodyg View Post
Mods didn't seemed to fuzzed up about the MOS criticisms in this thread,
We don't get too "fuzzed up" about the occasional mention of anything....it's when people run it into the ground that our fuzz gets in a heightened state.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:26 AM   #10
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick
 
lukebrodyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 926
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
You can quote from a closed thread.

1) click on the "multi quote this post" button in lower right hand corner of post you want to quote in a closed thread.
2) In the new thread, quote a post (if you do not want to actually respond to this post, and are only using it to make the multi post quote from a closed thread, then simply delete the quote when the response box appears).
3) Below the response box you will see a line saying - You have selected 1 post that is not part of this thread. Quote this post as well, - click on this and the post from the closed thread will now appear in the response box.


We don't get too "fuzzed up" about the occasional mention of anything....it's when people run it into the ground that our fuzz gets in a heightened state.
Aah, understood. Thank you.

lukebrodyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:11 PM   #11
AVEITWITHJAMON
False God?
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 26,526
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

Finally saw it, and I really enjoyed it, BUT, if it wasnt for TWS, I would think Marvel is incapable of making a sequel superior to its predecessor. Unfortunately TWS seems the exception rather than the rule and I hope this changes.

Yeah, I did like it, but everything I liked comes with a but, which is what is disappointing me, and my biggest disappointment, was Hulk's role. As a Hulk fan, I couldnt wait to see him again after 3 years, but instead, he mostly took a back seat to characters I now feel I have seen a little too much of recently in Stark/Iron Man, Cap and Thor. And dont even get me started on the end of the Hulkbuster fight and the Hulkbuster being able to knock Hulk out. That was Iron Man pandering at its worst. And yeah, final battle, Hulk may as well not been there as he did nothing significant. Thats my main beef as a Hulk fan, I would have forgiven all of that if he got a one vs one with Ultron but there wasnt even that.

The action was great from a team aspect, but we all love a hero vs villain fight and in this movie they were all lacking. But IM vs Ultron, Cap vs Ultron, Thor vs UItron and Vision vs Ultron all inexplicably got cut away from just as they were getting good and then when we came back to them they were pretty much over. And please, tell me if I am missing something, what was the point of Thor stalling in his fight with Ultron, just so Vision could hit him with the hammer, couldnt Thor have just kept Ultron busy himself?

As Ultron, I loved what we got from him, he was really compelling when he was on screen and I didnt want many of his scenes to end, but then they would and it would feel we were shortchanged. I loved what they did with him, but like the rest of the movie it could have been more. Spader was great though.

I did like the Twins and Vision, they were good additions to the team, but I feel forcing them in hampered the movie and development of other characters that was needed. Clint was really good this time, and Black Widow was ok but I wasnt a fan of her romance with Banner and it brought nothing for me.

All of the actors did a good job, and the CGI and action was all really good, but again it just feels more could have been done, with everything. The movie should have been longer, and I dont for one minute believe thats because of Joss. He said he wanted the movie shorter, but this is a guy used to developing plots and villains over entire seasons of TV shows, I personally think it was Marvel who wanted it shorter as we all know their obsession with keeping things quick and snappy. And again the movie fell into the usual Marvel tropes, by 2013 these movies starting feeling formulaic, now they feel even more so, they need to change it up more for me and add a bit of edge. Once again I never felt the heroes were in danger in the movie, I never once thought they would lose.

I am going to sound like I hated the movie, lol, I didnt, its an 8/10, and hopefully that improves with a repeat viewing. But I walked out of The Avengers, TWS and GOTG feeling on a high when I saw them, I sadly didnt have that feeling here. I thought after 2014 Marvel were back on track, I feel this movie set them back a tiny step again.

__________________
2015 movie ratings out of 10:

1)Mad Max: Fury Road-9(2)Kingsman: The Secret Service-9(3)Ex Machina-8.5(4)Jurassic World-8.5(5)Ant Man-8.5(6)Avengers: Age Of Ultron-8(7)John Wick-8(8)It Follows-8(9)Terminator: Genisys-7(10)Chappie-6
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:41 PM   #12
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 31,381
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

I REALLY hope they make an Extended version. We need to make a petition for one

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:01 PM   #13
drod1985
Ragnarock n' Roll
 
drod1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 10880 Malibu Point
Posts: 798
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
its an 8/10, and hopefully that improves with a repeat viewing.
It does. My second viewing was more enjoyable than the first, mostly because I knew what to expect and knew what details to be looking for. It's a very dense film that definitely could've benefited from an additional 10-15 minutes.

drod1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:03 PM   #14
djsunyc
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 279
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

i've seen this twice in the theater and once again "magically"...i think this movie is FANTASTIC.

when we saw avengers 1...we were all entering new territory. our anticipation was through the roof and there really was nothing we had to compare it to. we were all virgins and the movie was great...which ultimately makes it so much tougher for a sequel. we actually now have something to compare it to. the pressure on everyone involved was probably alot more intense for this one. and i think they delivered. we got good moments from everyone. we had a self contained story. and we had progression in the overall MCU storyline. really was a pretty impressive job by everyone. and the action sequences/choreography was just...wow.

djsunyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:20 PM   #15
SuperSanchez
I'm Not Mexican
 
SuperSanchez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 858
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsunyc View Post
i've seen this twice in the theater and once again "magically"...i think this movie is FANTASTIC.

when we saw avengers 1...we were all entering new territory. our anticipation was through the roof and there really was nothing we had to compare it to. we were all virgins and the movie was great...which ultimately makes it so much tougher for a sequel. we actually now have something to compare it to. the pressure on everyone involved was probably alot more intense for this one. and i think they delivered. we got good moments from everyone. we had a self contained story. and we had progression in the overall MCU storyline. really was a pretty impressive job by everyone. and the action sequences/choreography was just...wow.
Yeh I remember walking into Avengers not knowing what to expect, because as you said it was something we had never seen before! I hate how people are saying Age Of Ultron is the same as the first one, and it is the same as the first one but why is that a bad thing? It's the same as the first one but has better development in characters and the villain has a strong connection to the Avengers unlike Loki. And the visuals are much more spectacular and the story is much more interesting so, yes, its the same concept but then again aren't all superheroes the same concept? Hero v Villain? Either way Avengers Age Of Ultron is now my favorite movie and I can't wait to watch it in IMAX again on the worlds 3rd largest screen in 2 weeks!

__________________
My YouTube Channel
Top 5 Movies:
5. Guardians Of The Galaxy
4. The Avengers
3. Iron Man 3
2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
1. Avengers: Age Of Ultron
SuperSanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #16
MIKE10
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 52
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

Can't help myself, but Vision is weird in this film, for me, he somehow doesn't fit between these characters...however some of his scenes are unbelieveably funny...(hammer lift, telling tony ultrons hates him most..etc.)..but he is somehow..I don'T know...they don't explain his powers...they don't even mention his phasing skills..maybe he is too powerful..plus infinity stone in forehead...simply weird character...your opinions?

MIKE10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:51 PM   #17
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 31,381
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

Yeah, but, at least he went right into action so the powers didn't NEED to be explained really.
I loved Vision actually, and not because he was worthy of Mjolnir. lol

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:52 PM   #18
SuperSanchez
I'm Not Mexican
 
SuperSanchez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 858
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Yeah, but, at least he went right into action so the powers didn't NEED to be explained really.
I loved Vision actually, and not because he was worthy of Mjolnir. lol
Yeh thats what I loved, it went straight into the action so characters already developed could be explored deeper.

__________________
My YouTube Channel
Top 5 Movies:
5. Guardians Of The Galaxy
4. The Avengers
3. Iron Man 3
2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
1. Avengers: Age Of Ultron
SuperSanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:56 PM   #19
MIKE10
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 52
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSanchez View Post
Yeh thats what I loved, it went straight into the action so characters already developed could be explored deeper.
I also liked that he went right to the action, but still it all seems really weird...simply doesn't fit for me.. he suddenly appears..superpowerful..weird...

MIKE10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:42 PM   #20
SuperSanchez
I'm Not Mexican
 
SuperSanchez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 858
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE10 View Post
I also liked that he went right to the action, but still it all seems really weird...simply doesn't fit for me.. he suddenly appears..superpowerful..weird...
who's he?

__________________
My YouTube Channel
Top 5 Movies:
5. Guardians Of The Galaxy
4. The Avengers
3. Iron Man 3
2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
1. Avengers: Age Of Ultron
SuperSanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:10 PM   #21
StarkTheProdigy
Side-Kick
 
StarkTheProdigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,207
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

Seeing the film for a second time really made me enjoy it even more

__________________
I Believe in the MCU

"You experience things, and then they're over."
StarkTheProdigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:30 PM   #22
Talion
Superhero Detective
 
Talion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 3,036
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

Eleven days ago, I thought I could never give a fair judgement to this film. You see, my fiance and I managed to watch the film for the first time back in April, 22nd. The problem was, because we got there late, all we got was the front roll chairs that just sucks in general, but is 100 times worse to those that use prescription glasses like myself.

It was absurd fun, but I didn't get a good grasp of the film because mainly I literally barely managed to keep up with the film because of the place we were watching. That was okay, because we had tickets to not just one, but two sessions for Age of Ultron in April 25th. That Saturday though, fate said that we wouldn't watch the film at that time. My fiance got herself involved in a rollover accident that could have killed her, but thank GOD and all that its sacred that the single thing that happened was that she broke her left collarbone, she is going to go through a surgical procedure but it's a quite simple one and other than that, it's a literally miracle that she got away mostly unharmed.

Obviously, the last days I had different priorities other than getting to watch The Avengers: Age of Ultron again. Regardless how much lucky we are that she is going to get a full recovery, these were very tough times on us, so I was focusing on getting her back to shape. After the things calmed down, she said I should go watch Age of Ultron last night. She knows how much of a big deal these movies are to me, how much everything about me was built around countless hours of my life dedicated to following these heroes and their adventures. I felt guilty for going to watch this without her while she was bed ridden, but since she wasn't feeling any kind of pain anymore for at least one week and the fact that she kept saying I should go, I did.

Never thought that I could give this movie a fair shake because of the mindset I went going in. There's indeed too much stuff going on in my personal life right now and I thought it wouldn't be the same without her by my side. And I was right, after watching it, I felt like I need to watch this film with her as soon as she gets good enough to go out, but I did enjoyed The Avengers: Age of Ultron. In fact, I have not only enjoyed, I ****ing loved The Avengers: Age of Ultron. I've come to the realization that these superhero movies are at a league of their own now, and that among superhero films, Age of Ultron is among the very best superhero films out there, right next to the first one and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It's a superhero saga turned into a superhero summer blockbuster, and I don't think anyone else could deliver an Avengers film as good as Joss Whedon, and regardless how much I love the Russo Brothers for The Winter Soldier, they have big shoes to fill here and I wish Joss Whedon would stay at the MCU, maybe hands deep at devoloping Spider-Man to the MCU perhaps? Whedon proves that you can make a superhero blockbuster with substance and wit, even going against all odds - and yes, I'm aware of Joss Whedon and Marvel fights over the film behind the scenes, it's just that the film is so ****ing WORTHY that this simply doesn't matter at the end of the day - and I feel like this movie is truly ahead of its time. Some critics don't get it, and probably they never will, because this movie very much like The Empire Strikes Back, it's all about set up, but at the same time, it's right there with The Empire Strikes Back as one of the best sequels to a film I've ever witnessed, and I'd dare to say that it's the best "superhero 2nd film" of all time, but that's just my opinion.

For now, I have had enough of Age of Ultron until my fiance gets back on her feet. I'll be binge watching Daredevil and Agents of SHIELD now with her since she didn't get to see it while she recovers. When she's ready and the blu-ray is avaliable or if the movie is still in the theaters, we are going back. But for now, all I have to say is that against all odds, this is one of the best films Marvel has ever produced. And I'll be watching again and again as soon as WE can. Together.

__________________
TOM HOLLAND IS SPIDER-MAN!! EVERYONE RETWEET: Tell the world you're coming home, Peter.
Talion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:43 PM   #23
A Necessary Evil
Devil of Hell's Kitchen
 
A Necessary Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8,352
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

Saw it a second time, and despite the flaws, I definitely enjoy it more than the first.

__________________
This is my design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:38 AM   #24
SuperSanchez
I'm Not Mexican
 
SuperSanchez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 858
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talion View Post
Eleven days ago, I thought I could never give a fair judgement to this film. You see, my fiance and I managed to watch the film for the first time back in April, 22nd. The problem was, because we got there late, all we got was the front roll chairs that just sucks in general, but is 100 times worse to those that use prescription glasses like myself.

It was absurd fun, but I didn't get a good grasp of the film because mainly I literally barely managed to keep up with the film because of the place we were watching. That was okay, because we had tickets to not just one, but two sessions for Age of Ultron in April 25th. That Saturday though, fate said that we wouldn't watch the film at that time. My fiance got herself involved in a rollover accident that could have killed her, but thank GOD and all that its sacred that the single thing that happened was that she broke her left collarbone, she is going to go through a surgical procedure but it's a quite simple one and other than that, it's a literally miracle that she got away mostly unharmed.

Obviously, the last days I had different priorities other than getting to watch The Avengers: Age of Ultron again. Regardless how much lucky we are that she is going to get a full recovery, these were very tough times on us, so I was focusing on getting her back to shape. After the things calmed down, she said I should go watch Age of Ultron last night. She knows how much of a big deal these movies are to me, how much everything about me was built around countless hours of my life dedicated to following these heroes and their adventures. I felt guilty for going to watch this without her while she was bed ridden, but since she wasn't feeling any kind of pain anymore for at least one week and the fact that she kept saying I should go, I did.

Never thought that I could give this movie a fair shake because of the mindset I went going in. There's indeed too much stuff going on in my personal life right now and I thought it wouldn't be the same without her by my side. And I was right, after watching it, I felt like I need to watch this film with her as soon as she gets good enough to go out, but I did enjoyed The Avengers: Age of Ultron. In fact, I have not only enjoyed, I ****ing loved The Avengers: Age of Ultron. I've come to the realization that these superhero movies are at a league of their own now, and that among superhero films, Age of Ultron is among the very best superhero films out there, right next to the first one and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It's a superhero saga turned into a superhero summer blockbuster, and I don't think anyone else could deliver an Avengers film as good as Joss Whedon, and regardless how much I love the Russo Brothers for The Winter Soldier, they have big shoes to fill here and I wish Joss Whedon would stay at the MCU, maybe hands deep at devoloping Spider-Man to the MCU perhaps? Whedon proves that you can make a superhero blockbuster with substance and wit, even going against all odds - and yes, I'm aware of Joss Whedon and Marvel fights over the film behind the scenes, it's just that the film is so ****ing WORTHY that this simply doesn't matter at the end of the day - and I feel like this movie is truly ahead of its time. Some critics don't get it, and probably they never will, because this movie very much like The Empire Strikes Back, it's all about set up, but at the same time, it's right there with The Empire Strikes Back as one of the best sequels to a film I've ever witnessed, and I'd dare to say that it's the best "superhero 2nd film" of all time, but that's just my opinion.

For now, I have had enough of Age of Ultron until my fiance gets back on her feet. I'll be binge watching Daredevil and Agents of SHIELD now with her since she didn't get to see it while she recovers. When she's ready and the blu-ray is avaliable or if the movie is still in the theaters, we are going back. But for now, all I have to say is that against all odds, this is one of the best films Marvel has ever produced. And I'll be watching again and again as soon as WE can. Together.
that my friend, is true romance. I wish her well in recovery

__________________
My YouTube Channel
Top 5 Movies:
5. Guardians Of The Galaxy
4. The Avengers
3. Iron Man 3
2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
1. Avengers: Age Of Ultron
SuperSanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:26 AM   #25
Rincewind
grezdei
 
Rincewind's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 872
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan Review Thread (Spoilers) - Part 1

I saw it yesterday. I think it's one of the better MCU films, though some things irked me slightly.

Things I liked:
- mostly, the team dynamics were done very well. I like how they have learned to fight so well together and that they're (mostly) friends but there is some tension still and they are quick to come to blows against each other. The Avengers seem more dysfunctional than the other superhero team of the MCU - the Guardians - though not as much as in the first film (where it was basically teeth-clenched teamwork until the end) and, besides, I like that. They have a common purpose, and value and respect each other, but they also have big egos.
- Ultron was cool. Not exactly how I imagined him (his kinda wacky mannerisms surprised me) but he was a pretty cool villain. I haven't decided yet if I like his absurd and contradicting plans - on one hand, he is an insane robot, on the other hand the whole thing with turning a city into a meteor in order to trigger an extinction event was soooo stupid
- the twins. Seriously, those two were really cool and I found myself really liking them. I actually wanted even more screentime for them. I liked the story about the tragedy of their childhood, if you try to imagine it it's very horrifying and it's no wonder they volunteered to join the HYDRA supervillain experiments; actually I'm surprised they didn't (try to) murder Tony outright. At the same time, their relationship was done very well and it was clear that, misguided as they were for most of the film, Pietro and Wanda were good people and they loved each other very much.
- the Hulkbuster fight.

Things I disliked:
- the Hulk/Black Widow ship. I mean, what? It totally came out of the blue. I guess they needed to do something with them, considering that they spent a considerable effort to set up Civil War with Cap and Tony, as well as the whole thing with the Infinity Stones with Thor, they had a lot of stuff with Vision and the twins, even Hawkeye got fleshed out with the family and the farm... and well, Hulk and Widow did feel a bit... unimportant? Still, there is only so much story you can tell in 2 hours when you have 6 main characters, 1 insane supervillain (with his convoluted origin and even more convoluted plan to destroy the world!), 2 kinda-tragic supervillains who have to turn good over the course of the movie and whatnot, so I would have understood if some of the characters received less attention. Actually, I think it would have been better than the forced romance.
- the typical... predictability of Whedon's tools of storytelling. A doomed romance that didn't get a happy ending? Checked! A pair of characters that love each other, and everything seems fine and dandy, and then one of them dies ridiculously? Checked (though in Whedon's defense, he usually combines this with the doomed romance, so it was a bit different here... then again, those are the Maximoff twins we're talking about here )! In all honesty, it's not like he's the only guy in the world who uses those tropes and cliches, but I've seen them in everything he's done, from Buffy to Firefly, and the only exception was sort of the first Avengers (even though we still lost a likable character in Coulson, his death wasn't as personally devastating for a single character as it is customary for Whedon) and it just becomes predictable - by the final battle I totally was sure that one of the twins was going to die, simply because I knew that the rest of the Avengers are going to appear in upcoming movies (well, maybe not all of them, but the important ones i.e. not Hawkeye will) and because they were kicking ass, cracking jokes, joined the good guys... it all seemed way too good for a pair of close characters when Joss is at the helm

So, overall, I enjoyed the movie. Pretty decent, though in all honesty it felt more like a set-up for Phase 3 than the epic end of Phase 2. Still, entertaining and fun. 7 out of 10.

Rincewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.