The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 03-21-2014, 04:36 PM   #1
Ultron-5
Hail HYDRA.

Default Write your own Age of Ultron plot!

Hello, I am Ultron-5 and this is the first thread I have created. I am very proud. I have created this thread so that you write your own plot for Age of Ultron. Come speculate and share your ideas for the plot to the upcoming sequel to the Avengers.

Last edited by Ultron-5; 03-21-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Ultron-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:51 PM   #2
Silvermoth
Avenger

Default Re: Write your own Age of Ultron plot!

Hi Ultron 5,

I would make tony the father of Ultron (controversial as it is) and focus on Ultron as having a major Oedipus complex. When the avengers meet him he is so powerful that he kicks their ass and sends them all into hiding then starts engineering his age of Ultron.

The avengers are forced to live together off the grid, train and come back and outsmart him.

Bit of a basic plot I suppose but I'm no joss Whedon

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
cherokeesam
Run Forever, Warrior RIP

So, we get the hot naked Janet-bot version of Ultron from Mighty Avengers; we get an Avengers team comprised entirely of Wasp, She-Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Ms. Marvel, Tigra, Photon, Mockingbird, Crystal and Firestar to take her on (all the guys are in, I dunno, Male Bonding Training or something)....it's a hot summer day, so they all have to strip down to their skivvies, and....

...hey, where's that music coming from...?

*bow chicka wow wow*

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:40 PM   #4
Ultron-5
Hail HYDRA.

I think tony creating Ultron isn't a bad idea because it can work. Ultron can be created by tony because shield makes him do it. so here's my big idea... Ultron becomes renegade and evil, creates spawns, and gets a vibranium body for himself. He creates vision to pretty much destroy the avengers after quicksilver and scarlet witch help them take down his spawns. Stark does some meddling on vision, which turns him good and vision has a thing for scarlet witch, which gets quicksilver angry and leads to quicksilver vs vision. Scarlet witch has a breakdown after seeing them fight and quicksilver and vision work together to calm her down, but quicksilver still has a grudge against vision. Ultron gets back at tony by hacking his hulkbuster armor, which hulk stops. Ultron is beyond angry so he forms the masters of evil to hold back the avengers while he hacks shield to get the remaining phase 2 weapons to fire them at the avengers. The masters of evil consist of real mandarin, crossbones, strucker, leader, abomination, and an army of centipede soldiers. Ultron prepares the launch when nick fury nukes Ultron's base, killing him and saving the avengers, but Ultron survives and upgrades himself into his 4 armed form. Ultron goes to fight the avengers and he helps the masters of evil capture hulk, quicksilver, and iron man. Scarlet witch flips out after quicksilver gets captured, and the avengers fight her. Vision calms her down and they um- you know what. quicksilver is tortured by Ultron and his hair becomes white from being electrocuted. Hulk is launched into space, and stark is being lectured by Ultron when Thor comes to save them! quicksilver leaves because of what vision and scarlet witch do, and scarlet witch follows him, expecting vision to be sad, but he has no emotions. The twins leave and stark creates the bleeding edge armor to wear. Ultron decides to attack them personally, so he has his mark 2 pawns capture pepper, Jane foster,and old peggy carter, and he leaks all of shields secrets to the public. He then makes bad events and terrorist attacks look like the avengers fault. Shield and the Avengers are no universally hated, but the avengers still need to win. Ultron blows up the building where peggy, pepper, and jane are, causing the avengers to flip out. Ultron is fought by cap, war machine, black widow, vision, and hawkeye while stark creates a machine using remaining tesseract energy, which he uses reverse engineering to make a portal with. Ultron is pushed into space by thor, who is taken with him, a fight starts and thor ends up at the collecters place. Ultron ends up at the base of thanos, who talks him into being part of his master plan which involves the tesseract, and 5 other valuable stones... the collector gives the time stone to thor, who shows it to the avengers on earth. they vote on wether to turn back time because it will have grim effects in the future, according to collector. Cap and hawkeye vote no, the others vote yes. Cap says they could survive without lovers, but iron man argues that caps lover was 85 years old. This reaches an argument and cap and hawkeye leave and pick up the twins, becoming there own group of avengers. An agreement is reached saying cap will lead the west coast avengers, the others will be the east coast avengers. Stark reads through shields files about the nova corps and contacts them, asking them to help find banner. The time stone is given back to collector so nobody can fight over it. Thor tells Odin he will be on earth as a part of the east coast avengers, and sif comes with him. Thanos, ultron, and ronan come to the throne room and tell odin to give the tesseract to them. He does and he tells them where the aether is...

Last edited by Ultron-5; 03-21-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:27 PM   #5
Ultron-5
Hail HYDRA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
So, we get the hot naked Janet-bot version of Ultron from Mighty Avengers; we get an Avengers team comprised entirely of Wasp, She-Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Ms. Marvel, Tigra, Photon, Mockingbird, Crystal and Firestar to take her on (all the guys are in, I dunno, Male Bonding Training or something)....it's a hot summer day, so they all have to strip down to their skivvies, and....

...hey, where's that music coming from...?

*bow chicka wow wow*
Hahaha I like the way you think.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:24 AM   #6
Gizda
Newbie First Class

My version:

1. Ultron is that ''Phase 2'' weapon everybody was talking about in A1.

2. His body could be made from the Destroyer's ''corps'', with some Vibranium armor.

3. It could be just a software, and then upgrade to a full body. That software is same project as Jarvis; Shield just wanted one for themselves. This could be something like Skynet plot from Terminator 3.

4. Ultron cannot be destroyed. Maybe Bifrost teleport? Hm.

Gizda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:16 PM   #7
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Why?

Old 03-22-2014, 12:23 PM   #8
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Ultron is something hidden through out Shiled/HYDRA, the initial software created by Pym (in ant-man) But Howard Stark, and Zola first worked on Ultron after SHIELD/HYDRA gets it, and it's what Jarvis came from. With SHIELD crumbled and Hydra, Tony finds it. Trusts it, since his dad worked on it, uses Jarvis to tweak it, and builds bodies for him...only to find out Ultron has been watching the conflict between SHIELD and Hydra and learning to hate humans.

The problem, origin of Ultron could be Stark's responsibility. Origin is not the same thing as creation I will take to my grave though, that Stark will not create him

Old 03-22-2014, 02:21 PM   #9
Ultron-5
Hail HYDRA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Ultron is something hidden through out Shiled/HYDRA, the initial software created by Pym (in ant-man) But Howard Stark, and Zola first worked on Ultron after SHIELD/HYDRA gets it, and it's what Jarvis came from. With SHIELD crumbled and Hydra, Tony finds it. Trusts it, since his dad worked on it, uses Jarvis to tweak it, and builds bodies for him...only to find out Ultron has been watching the conflict between SHIELD and Hydra and learning to hate humans.

The problem, origin of Ultron could be Stark's responsibility. Origin is not the same thing as creation I will take to my grave though, that Stark will not create him
That's a very good idea.

Old 03-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #10
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

The Avengers are kidnapped and wake up in a reality tv show with the Wonder Twins (aka the Maximoffs) as their host and Ultron as their sentient household that constantly harasses them and prevents them from leaving.

The team has to learn how to tolerate each other, while also participating in wacky challenges, such as saving kittens from burning trees. The winner gets to spend an entire day with Joss Whedon and gets a t-shirt with Ultron on the front, riding a bicycle while giving the viewer a thumbs up.

~

Or Jaqua's idea, that's good too. Let the people divided on Tony's involvement with Ultron have their cake and eat it too, especially if they retroactively state a Mr. Hank Pym's involvement in the AI's creation.

CoherentChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:36 PM   #11
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Nope, nope, nope. I am against the idea of Vibranium having any sort of profound impact in the MCU other than Cap's shield.

And yes, I would be against Wakanda having loads of Vibranium beneath their city place.

Old 03-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #12
Silvermoth
Avenger

Why?

Old 03-22-2014, 05:39 PM   #13
Dr. Thanos
Your Family Doctor

First, in regards to Ultron's origin. Joss said AoU will be a personal story for the Avengers, correct? Well, having Stark create Ultron wouldn't work, as it is only personal for him. Similarly, S.H.I.E.L.D. creating him is not personal at all, and simply brings more of the same "S.H.I.E.L.D. is a shady organization" plot we already have in Agents and, from the looks of it, TWS. So, the way I see it, the best way to do it is to have all Avengers create mutually decide on creating Ultron.

The idea is that, realizing they can't always protect Earth by themselves, the team agrees on creating a robot to help. It's a joint effort, taking contributions from each member; Tony designs the body, Thor supplies it with Asgardian weaponry, etc. And so, Ultron is born. Initially, he does exactly what he was built to do, defeating any threat with ease.

This is where Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver come in. The two are first encountered when Wanda attempts to use her powers but loses control, causing a damaging (but relatively minor) event. The Avengers stop that, of course, and seeing the twins' benign nature, invite them to join the them. Ultron, however, takes it as a sign of humanity's self-destructive nature, especially among super powered beings. He realizes the only way to assure peace is to annihilate humans completely. With that, he launches a devastating attack against the Avengers, showing the same brutal effectiveness he did in the Busiek/Perez story Ultron Unlimited. He was built to stop any enemy, and shows it. One or two members might even die from this, but most survive and regroup to take on Ultron.

I think that's a decent beggining, though I'd still like to improve and expand upon it later. It's a personal threat to the team, and pits them against an enemy deadlier than anything faced before.

Dr. Thanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:41 PM   #14
Gizda
Newbie First Class

What's up with the ''Why'' ?

Gizda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #15
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thanos View Post
The idea is that, realizing they can't always protect Earth by themselves, the team agrees on creating a robot to help. It's a joint effort, taking contributions from each member; Tony designs the body, Thor supplies it with Asgardian weaponry, etc. And so, Ultron is born. Initially, he does exactly what he was built to do, defeating any threat with ease.
You're taking Whedon's comments too literally. The point is they are supposed to protect Earth. That's their sole job in this MCU and why they came together in the first place. They're all alphas so they naturally believe they're the best person for the job. The hardest part for them is deferring any of that responsibility.

Having them sit there creating a robot like it's some Avengers pot luck would be the epitome of cornball.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 03-22-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:02 PM   #16
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizda View Post
What's up with the ''Why'' ?
Well for me I don't see the point of bringing the fanfiction here. We're not the ones making the movie.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #17
Dr. Thanos
Your Family Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
You're taking Whedon's comments too literally. The point is they are supposed to protect Earth. That's their sole job in this MCU and why they came together in the first place. They're all alphas so they naturally believe they're the best person for the job. The hardest part for them is deferring any of that responsibility.

Having them sit there creating a robot like it's some Avengers pot luck would be the epitome of cornball.
You're probably right, but I still find that having some of the Avengers making something to keep doing their job after they no longer can to be an interesting concept. It doesn't have to be all of them, though I suppose that just brings us back to Tony again. Discussing story ideas is all we can do at this point, and Ultron coming from inside the team is more sensible than it coming from the government. Even if the way I described isn't the best way to do it.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:13 PM   #18
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
You're probably right, but I still find that having some of the Avengers making something to keep doing their job after they no longer can to be an interesting concept. It doesn't have to be all of them, though I suppose that just brings us back to Tony again. Throwing around story ideas is all we can do at this point, and Ultron coming from inside the team is more sensible than it coming from the government. Even if the way I described isn't the best way to do it.
Why would it be more sensible? We've already seen that the World Security Council and U.S. government has a certain distrust for them because of the shady enemies (sometimes powerful, other-worldly ones) that they attract and the collateral damage involved ..... Then there's the "penis envy" when you see the U.S. Government initially wanted Tony to stay out of the Mandarin affairs.

What makes it personal are all the things that have been set in motion in the MCU to this point ...... because they are inevitably the reason Ultron is created and/or the reason Ultron elects to set out on the world like he does.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:42 PM   #19
Dr. Thanos
Your Family Doctor

Quote:
Why would it be more sensible? We've already seen that the World Security Council and U.S. government has a certain distrust for them because of the shady enemies (sometimes powerful, other-worldly ones) that they attract and the collateral damage involved ..... Then there's the "penis envy" when you see the U.S. Government initially wanted Tony to stay out of the Mandarin affairs.

What makes it personal are all the things that have been set in motion in the MCU to this point ...... because they are inevitably the reason Ultron is created and/or the reason Ultron elects to set out on the world like he does.
Yet it's more generic. The "government creates villain and heroes must fix things" story is old and used a lot. Heroes creating their nemesis are comparatively seen less in fiction. It does make sense that the government would want to replace the Avengers, I'll give you that; as well as it still being "personal" that way. But it's less compelling storytelling, and I wouldn't like another tired government plot.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:01 PM   #20
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Yet it's more generic. The "government creates villain and heroes must fix things" story is old and used a lot. Heroes creating their nemesis are comparatively seen less in fiction. It does make sense that the government would want to replace the Avengers, I'll give you that; as well as it still being "personal" that way. But it's less compelling storytelling, and I wouldn't like another tired government plot.
It's less compelling story telling to you when you oversimplify it like that. Is CA:TWS boring to you because it's paying homage to a genre already done quite a bit throughout film history. I'm not even saying it stops with the government. We already know it's been infiltrated so the Ultron technology could likely fall into the wrong hands.

But that doesn't change the fact that these heroes are not going to sit together in a lab and create a Frankenstein robot to do THEIR JOB.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 03-22-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #21
Dr. Thanos
Your Family Doctor

Quote:
It's less compelling story telling to you when you oversimplify it like that. Is CA:TWS boring to you because that plot line has been done quite a bit throughout film history. I'm not even saying it stops with the government. We already know it's been infiltrated so the Ultron technology could likely fall into the wrong hands.
That's not what I'm saying and I don't see what point you're trying to make by refering to TWS, because that's a different story altogether (creating a villain, in the literal sense, is different from causing the actions of one indirectly). But then we're just arguing semantics; we have different opinions on what would (hypothetically) make this story better, but I respect your view. It's what forums like this one are about, anyway.

Quote:
But that doesn't change the fact that these heroes are not going to sit together in a lab and create a Frankenstein robot to do THEIR JOB.
Fair enough. They wouldn't want to replace themselves like that, especially so early in their existence.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #22
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
That's not what I'm saying and I don't see what point you're trying to make by refering to TWS, because that's a different story altogether (creating a villain, in the literal sense, is different from causing the actions of one indirectly). But then we're just arguing semantics; we have different opinions on what would (hypothetically) make this story better, but I respect your view. It's what forums like this one are about, anyway.
My point with CA:TWS is it pays homage to political thrillers, which is a genre done how many times now? It's all in how you sizzle it ...... how the characters bring the story to life. I'm a guy who wasn't even hot on Ultron in the first place to be honest. Most everyone here knows how badly I wanted Thanos.

Ironically, indirectly creating villains has been done quite a few times throughout the MCU already. The Winter Soldier is a by-product of Steve Rogers being unable to save Bucky on the train. Loki is a by-product of his father's attempt to cover up his heritage. The Abomination was the result of General Ross's obsession with capturing Banner.

Quote:
Fair enough. They wouldn't want to replace themselves like that, especially so early in their existence.
That's all I'm saying. Tony's not about to go create an Avengers Tower if these guys want to disappear into relative obscurity. It's in their DNA to want to be the savior ..... well most of them at any rate. Banner's been the one to be known for staying in seclusion, but his experience in the Avengers might've changed that.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 03-22-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #23
cherokeesam
Run Forever, Warrior RIP

Quote:
It's less compelling story telling to you when you oversimplify it like that. Is CA:TWS boring to you because it's paying homage to a genre already done quite a bit throughout film history. I'm not even saying it stops with the government. We already know it's been infiltrated so the Ultron technology could likely fall into the wrong hands.

Amen.

It's becoming increasingly likely that Ultron's creator(s) is/are HYDRA and/or SHIELD. And those origins may have been a long time coming --- between them, SHIELD and HYDRA had access to the robotics/programming genius of Howard Stark, Arnim Zola, and Anton Vanko. Maybe even Baron von Strucker. Those together could easily have formed a think tank that was responsible for Ultron's creation with the "best of intentions." Still creates a personal connection to Ultron for both Tony and Steve, and possibly the Maximoff Twins. Doesn't require the Avengers to sit around like dorks cooking up Ultron as a "sharing is caring" craft project.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:11 AM   #24
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

I like the idea of SHIELD creating Jarvis

In IM2 and Avengers , SHIELD easily hacks Jarvis

Maybe Ultron is pissed because SHIELD preferred a more recent version of the software (Jarvis) to him (the older version)

Which would explain why Jarvis, now Vision, would be able to defeat Ultron

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #25
Aptman
Side-Kick

I would make Ultron from the scraps of Dum-E that Tony dragged away at the end of Iron Man 3. He could either junk it, and let Sheild have it, or attempt to savage it using new tech, but either way, I would have him pawn the work off to "the boys in the lab".

This way, later in the Ant Man movie, Pym could be blamed for the actual creation of Ultron... Pym being a scientist who either works for Tony or Shield, depending on which group makes Ultron in Avengers 2. Hank is obviously not going to be in Avengers 2, but this way he still eventually gets credit for Ultron, and Ultron is still a personal villain for Tony in Avengers 2 (best of both worlds IMO).

Then throw in some alien tech from Avengers 1 and Asgard tech or Loki's staff if its still around...mix and pour; you're left with an Ultron who has connection to everyone.

Last edited by Aptman; 03-26-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Aptman is offline   Reply With Quote