The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #326
Rowsdower!
THIS GUY

Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
It's not even these boards. It was fellow actors, actors who aren't even as good as Affleck, which makes it all the more hilarious.
Yeah, seriously. After Padelecki's awful, AWFUL performance in Friday the 13th, he doesn't have any right to criticize Affleck. And while some might argue that anyone would have been bad in F13, the same argument could be made for Daredevil.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #327
roach
I am the night

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...ared-padalecki

wow that was excessively douchey

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #328
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Shia LeBeauf.
I don't think we'll be seeing him in big budget films in a long time, if ever.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 11-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #329
Rorschach2012
$

We should all feel like huge *******s for what we've been saying about Adam Driver. He's a really humble guy that is aware of the fact that he's not a conventional looking guy. He's not even ugly, he's just goofy and kind of interesting looking.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/10/fa...anted=all&_r=0

This article made me feel like such a douche :/

If he's the best actor for it, then screw it, he should get the job.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #330
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
We should all feel like huge *******s for what we've been saying about Adam Driver. He's a really humble guy that is aware of the fact that he's not a conventional looking guy. He's not even ugly, he's just goofy and kind of interesting looking.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/10/fa...anted=all&_r=0

This article made me feel like such a douche :/

If he's the best actor for it, then screw it, he should get the job.
I would rather have someone who can act over someone who looks the part.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #331
Rodrigo90
Jaredy Joker!

Old 11-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #332
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I don't think we'll be seeing him in big budget films in a long time, if ever.
Yeah, but he's Bumblebee's best friend and Indiana Jones' son. Why can't he be Batman's estranged partner.

Just kidding though. Yeah, I don't think he'll do them either. After openly bashing Indy 4 and the Transformers movies, I don't think Snyder won't want him to openly bash Man of Steel.

~SHH SIX~
Old 11-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #333
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Yeah, but he's Bumblebee's best friend and Indiana Jones' son. Why can't he be Batman's estranged partner.

Just kidding though. Yeah, I don't think he'll do them either. After openly bashing Indy 4 and the Transformers movies, I don't think Snyder won't want him to openly bash Man of Steel.
And if what I've read about him is true, I think he may be too douchey and weird for some people to want to work with.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 11-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #334
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
damn dirty apes

Old 11-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #335
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

Yeah, people hating on him because he's "ugly" is ridiculous. Didn't people say Heath Ledger was too pretty to play The Joker? The guy is pretty unconventional looking for sure, but I'm confident that a movie with a multi-million dollar budget can make him look the part. The acting really is important and I've only seen him in two things: Girls and Lincoln. I hate his character in Girls, and he was okay in Lincoln for the really small part he has. I really love that idea of Nightwing being in this.

And the Game of Thrones fan in me would like to see Richard Madden in the role.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #336
shauner111
Side-Kick

Madden can't play Nightwing, he looks like Cavill's little brother. Not much of a Game of Thrones fan anyway.

If the guy can act (Driver) then perfect. It shouldn't be some fashion show. Plus, Cavill already has the females in the palm of his hand. And we have no idea who will be cast as Lex. Affleck's not a bad looking dude either.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #337
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Meh. I'm sure a Oscar winner like Affleck isn't losing any sleep over a couple CW actors who only get roles because of their looks.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #338
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Meh. I'm sure a Oscar winner like Affleck isn't losing any sleep over a couple CW actors who only get roles because of their looks.
agreed

Affleck: Talk @#$! when people can pronounce your last name.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #339
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Doesn't seem anymore douchey than anything anyone else has said when it was announced he got the role to me.

"

Old 11-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #340
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I expect that kind of reaction from fanboys and the general audience but I'll admit I was taken aback with the reaction from fellow actors. I just thought they would be more civil toward one another since they know the process.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #341
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
I would rather have someone who can act over someone who looks the part.
But why choose?

Old 11-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #342
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Tom Sturridge (The Boat That Rocked & On The Road) was my old pick for Grayson before he turned into a hippy .

Sturridge was Tony nominated for his role in the play he did with Alec Baldwin and Ben Forster.

That's a really interesting choice. I hope he's one of the two other suggestions. He was great in 'the boat that rocked'

Old 11-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #343
Snark88
Side-Kick

I can't believe so many people in this thread are even entertaining the idea of Nightwing being in Man of Steel 2. All my enthusiasm for this movie dropped when I heard this rumor being reported from a lot of credible sources. This movie should be about Batman and Superman. Why do we need to start bringing in all kinds of other characters into it? A brief mention or cameo from another league member sure, but Nightwing?

This movie is gonna suck. Glad to know the Batman in this new universe actually took a little kid in and had him fight against violent criminals. Which is child abuse, in case you didn't know. Yeah the idea of sidekicks works fine in comics, but in movies it's absolutely ridiculous. Don't even bring up Kick-Ass because that was a comedy satire on the superhero genre, not a film that takes itself seriously.

I can't believe Warner Bros was stupid enough to do this. They've already got enough on their plate for this movie having all these characters in it, but now they're gonna add Nightwing to it as well. Ridiculous.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #344
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
I expect that kind of reaction from fanboys and the general audience but I'll admit I was taken aback with the reaction from fellow actors. I just thought they would be more civil toward one another since they know the process.
I think it's a sign of the times in terms of actors being more open with their thoughts on certain things. Plus, it lessens the blow given the fact that so many people were negative about it.

"

Old 11-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #345
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
What the hell has Padalecki accomplished that makes him think he can publicly talk **** about Affleck?

Old 11-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #346
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snark88 View Post
Glad to know the Batman in this new universe actually took a little kid in and had him fight against violent criminals. Which is child abuse, in case you didn't know.
As opposed to Batman's counts of: greivous bodily harm, arson, domestic terrorism, murder, embezzlement, resisting arrest, owning illegal weapons, vigilante activity etc etc etc

Batman is not known for staying within the parameters of the law.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #347
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

The love of Tumblr, RachelDawes.

~SHH SIX~
Old 11-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #348
Snark88
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
As opposed to Batman's counts of: greivous bodily harm, arson, domestic terrorism, murder, embezzlement, resisting arrest, owning illegal weapons, vigilante activity etc etc etc

Batman is not known for staying within the parameters of the law.
Taking the law into your own hands and having a child fight crime with you are two different things.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #349
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
The love of Tumblr, RachelDawes.
So basically he's got an army of adoring fangirls at his back? No wonder he feels brave.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #350
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snark88 View Post
Taking the law into your own hands and having a child fight crime with you are two different things.
He's still committing various crimes.

Closed Thread