The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #351
Airwings
Waves of air
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 3,593
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

I don't understand how anyone can want Aaron Johnson for the part, rather than Liam Aiken or Logan Lerman.

Airwings is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #352
Lobo
Sith Fisto
 
Lobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Between the Lines
Posts: 33,396
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snark88 View Post
Taking the law into your own hands and having a child fight crime with you are two different things.
Who's to say Grayson didn't become an active crime fighter at 18 in this universe making him a legal adult?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels
Disney is embracing the concept of an expanded multi-platform universe in a way Lucas never would and EU fans are rejecting it because it's not the same universe where Chewie was killed by a moon.
<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Lobo is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #353
MoeIsBetter
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 28
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
Who's to say Grayson didn't become an active crime fighter at 18 in this universe making him a legal adult?
Exactly. Took him in around 15. Trained him a couple years. At 18, took him out as a partner. Makes perfect sense.

MoeIsBetter is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #354
SpideyFan866
Hero Support
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,119
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
I don't understand how anyone can want Aaron Johnson for the part, rather than Liam Aiken or Logan Lerman.
I don't want any of them.

People seem to be forgetting that they are casting for Nightwing, not Robin.

There for, Dick needs to be in his mid to late 20s.

SpideyFan866 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #355
Airwings
Waves of air
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 3,593
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I don't want any of them.

People seem to be forgetting that they are casting for Nightwing, not Robin.

There for, Dick needs to be in his mid to late 20s.
By 2015, Aiken will be 25. Isn't that "mid 20s"?

Airwings is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #356
SpideyFan866
Hero Support
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,119
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
By 2015, Aiken will be 25. Isn't that "mid 20s"?
Barely.

SpideyFan866 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #357
SpideyFan866
Hero Support
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,119
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
By 2015, Aiken will be 25. Isn't that "mid 20s"?
Barely.

SpideyFan866 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #358
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!
 
Keyser Soze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 20,003
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Setting aside my "I want the Robin origin" story bias, one thing that does make sense in introducing Dick Grayson as Nightwing is that it better aligns the films with the comic continuity, so anyone who likes Grayson in the movie will be able to go read up-to-date comics featuring him as Nightwing. And it leaves the door open for the next cinematic Robin to be the same as whoever next steps into the role in the comics.

__________________
Check out my comic, THE STANDARD!

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #359
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,907
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
I don't understand how anyone can want Aaron Johnson for the part, rather than Liam Aiken or Logan Lerman.
I don't understand how anyone would want Aaron Johnson for this movie. He's already starring in the opposing cbm that year.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Suicide Squad, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #360
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!
 
Keyser Soze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 20,003
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

As far as Adam Driver goes, my bigger problem with him, far more than his looks, is his age. He's about to turn 30. I don't want a Nightwing that's around the same age as Superman. If Robin is a teenager, Nightwing should be no older than early-to-mid 20s.

__________________
Check out my comic, THE STANDARD!

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #361
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,999
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Sometimes I wonder what the guys in the Movie industry are smoking.

__________________
Pomp and Circumstance【Mikasa & Annie】
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nathan is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #362
Lobo
Sith Fisto
 
Lobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Between the Lines
Posts: 33,396
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Until the other two names are released, I'm rooting for Ben Barnes hence the current sig.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels
Disney is embracing the concept of an expanded multi-platform universe in a way Lucas never would and EU fans are rejecting it because it's not the same universe where Chewie was killed by a moon.
<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Lobo is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #363
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,999
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

He looks at least visually like a good fit. Could even pass for someone in his mid 20s.

__________________
Pomp and Circumstance【Mikasa & Annie】
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nathan is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #364
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,652
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
As far as Adam Driver goes, my bigger problem with him, far more than his looks, is his age. He's about to turn 30. I don't want a Nightwing that's around the same age as Superman. If Robin is a teenager, Nightwing should be no older than early-to-mid 20s.
It kinda makes sense to me depending on how old this version of Batman was when he started crime fighting and how old Dick was when he became his adopted son/brother (depending on how you view the relationship).

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #365
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 20,487
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Driver isn't the best looking person in the world, probably one of the worst. ...However. ...

That's all I got

__________________
"Any bird can build a nest, but it isn't everyone that can lay an egg "
Stan Laurel
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 11-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #366
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 2,135
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
As far as Adam Driver goes, my bigger problem with him, far more than his looks, is his age. He's about to turn 30. I don't want a Nightwing that's around the same age as Superman. If Robin is a teenager, Nightwing should be no older than early-to-mid 20s.
Superman is 33 in 'Man Of Steel'.

DrMylesOBoogie is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #367
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick
 
NosfeRomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,460
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Driver isn't the best looking person in the world, probably one of the worst. ...However. ...

That's all I got
Thank you for your contribution ! please come again !

__________________
We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
NosfeRomas is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #368
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 20,487
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Anytime

For wherever there is piss to be taken, I'll be there

__________________
"Any bird can build a nest, but it isn't everyone that can lay an egg "
Stan Laurel
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 11-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #369
combocaz
Side-Kick
 
combocaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,558
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

I reely dont want any side kicks or cameos of other heroes in this movie. I would rather just watch super and batman duke it out without the assistance of other heroes.

__________________
Superman - Henry Cavill
Batman -Ben Affleck
Wonder Woman -Gal Gadot
Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
The Flash Ezra Miller
Green Lantern ?????
combocaz is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #370
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,634
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snark88 View Post
I can't believe so many people in this thread are even entertaining the idea of Nightwing being in Man of Steel 2. All my enthusiasm for this movie dropped when I heard this rumor being reported from a lot of credible sources. This movie should be about Batman and Superman. Why do we need to start bringing in all kinds of other characters into it? A brief mention or cameo from another league member sure, but Nightwing?

This movie is gonna suck. Glad to know the Batman in this new universe actually took a little kid in and had him fight against violent criminals. Which is child abuse, in case you didn't know. Yeah the idea of sidekicks works fine in comics, but in movies it's absolutely ridiculous. Don't even bring up Kick-Ass because that was a comedy satire on the superhero genre, not a film that takes itself seriously.

I can't believe Warner Bros was stupid enough to do this. They've already got enough on their plate for this movie having all these characters in it, but now they're gonna add Nightwing to it as well. Ridiculous.
Lolololololololololololol

Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #371
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!
 
LEVITIKUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,743
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snark88 View Post
I can't believe so many people in this thread are even entertaining the idea of Nightwing being in Man of Steel 2. All my enthusiasm for this movie dropped when I heard this rumor being reported from a lot of credible sources. This movie should be about Batman and Superman. Why do we need to start bringing in all kinds of other characters into it? A brief mention or cameo from another league member sure, but Nightwing?

This movie is gonna suck. Glad to know the Batman in this new universe actually took a little kid in and had him fight against violent criminals. Which is child abuse, in case you didn't know. Yeah the idea of sidekicks works fine in comics, but in movies it's absolutely ridiculous. Don't even bring up Kick-Ass because that was a comedy satire on the superhero genre, not a film that takes itself seriously.

I can't believe Warner Bros was stupid enough to do this. They've already got enough on their plate for this movie having all these characters in it, but now they're gonna add Nightwing to it as well. Ridiculous.
I'll bite.

First off, this movie should be about Superman and Batman? Agree. At the same time, Batman is an older Batman. Which makes sense why Nightwing would exist. Dick Grayson is as important to Bruce as Alfred and Gordon.

Second, child abuse. Dick was taken in by Bruce. Bruce didn't want this life for Dick. When Dick heard the truth, he created his own identity. It was Dick's choice. Batman trained him so he wouldn't die.

Third, you're an idiot.

LEVITIKUZ is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #372
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 20,487
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Taking in Dick Grayson and letting him make his own decision in order to cope in a heroic manner, against his trauma, is child abuse?

So what am I expecting in that Batman Ultimate Evil novel I ordered of Amazon? Child Sex Tourism as a swell time at Disneyland! ?

__________________
"Any bird can build a nest, but it isn't everyone that can lay an egg "
Stan Laurel
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 11-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #373
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 39,206
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
I'll bite.

First off, this movie should be about Superman and Batman? Agree. At the same time, Batman is an older Batman. Which makes sense why Nightwing would exist. Dick Grayson is as important to Bruce as Alfred and Gordon.

Second, child abuse. Dick was taken in by Bruce. Bruce didn't want this life for Dick. When Dick heard the truth, he created his own identity. It was Dick's choice. Batman trained him so he wouldn't die.

Third, you're an idiot.
1. Agreed
2. Agreed
3. Agreed

__________________
There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now  
Old 11-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #374
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider
 
Kryptonian Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Posts: 4,724
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
Until the other two names are released, I'm rooting for Ben Barnes hence the current sig.
Oooooh good call! I think Barnes would be an awesome choice for NW!

__________________
My Ever Growing Blu Ray Collection

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #375
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider
 
Kryptonian Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Posts: 4,724
Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
He's probably just pissy because he probably submitted his name for consideration to be Batman and was denied.

__________________
My Ever Growing Blu Ray Collection

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.