The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 04-15-2014, 08:16 AM   #276
Wayne Bruce
Not Bruce Wayne

Default Re: Batman's fighting style - new Batman, what should his fighting style be like ?

We know Affleck is working out, but is there any word of fight training?

Wayne Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:27 AM   #277
Superman_200
Superman

Default Re: Batman's fighting style - new Batman, what should his fighting style be like ?

I wonder if since he is in a mask there is really any need for him to train in martial arts since they could have a martial artists film the fight scenes though.

Superman_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:58 AM   #278
Marvin
Side-Kick

I'm just as interested in Wonderwoman's fight style.
I can only assume it will involve traditional weapons.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:00 AM   #279
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I'm just as interested in Wonderwoman's fight style.
I can only assume it will involve traditional weapons.
she's said as much

"A very serious training regimenóKung Fu, kickboxing, swords, Jujutsu, Brazilian...1,000-and-1 things. I'll gain body mass,"

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:30 AM   #280
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman_200 View Post
I wonder if since he is in a mask there is really any need for him to train in martial arts since they could have a martial artists film the fight scenes though.
There might be Bruce Wayne scenes that require fight training.

HERESY!
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:35 AM   #281
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
There might be Bruce Wayne scenes that require fight training.

If he did, I just saw this the other day, and I think that it would look good. It is fast, aggressive, direct to the point and he is would be doing something that has never been done in a movie before. I think that looks good even to the people who don't know martial arts. Plus, it looks like something that a real fighter would use, it wouldn't look like movie fights with dramatic punches and kicks, it would look realistic.

I am going to repost this here for those who have not seen this.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

To me, that is how I would picture Batman fighting, quick with power and not letting the opponent land a punch, he should be the attacker. He shouldn't be standing there dodging punches, and ducking under punches, and dodging and blocking. That is not what a good fighter does. If someone moves, you move faster, if someone punches before you attacked fine, then you block the one punch and move quickly like that. You shouldn't stand and block and block and block. Your block can be a strike.

Last edited by Superman_200; 04-16-2014 at 06:39 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:28 AM   #282
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
she's said as much

"A very serious training regimenóKung Fu, kickboxing, swords, Jujutsu, Brazilian...1,000-and-1 things. I'll gain body mass,"

Damn that's a lot to learn is such short amount of time. Maybe she's just learning the basic moves of all those discipline's.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #283
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman_200 View Post
I am going to repost this here for those who have not seen this.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Since this is pretty much how my style goes it would be pretty cool to see Batman use the same kind of techniques that I do.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #284
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
Since this is pretty much how my style goes it would be pretty cool to see Batman use the same kind of techniques that I do.
So you know what I am talking about that it is explosive, direct and he isn't standing around like in movies where a guy punches, the other one blocks and there is like a small pause after a block like to let the audience see what happened. It isn't necessary to do it, show it full speed, if you need to slow it down use slow motion like they did in Sherlock Holmes and 300 to demonstrate what is going on but for the most part in movie fights the audience can't tell what is going on anyway because of the shaky cam. So either use slow motion, or regular speed without the shaky cam. Pretty simple really with an amazing direct style of kung fu.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:50 AM   #285
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Damn that's a lot to learn is such short amount of time. Maybe she's just learning the basic moves of all those discipline's.
[Sarcasm]no she will master all of them...because WW is a master of all of them...and she will learn to deflect bullets with her bracelets and fly.[Sarcasm]

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:20 PM   #286
SofNascimento
Just a simple droid here.

I was playing Arkham Origins and seriously, all the guys have from BvS have to do is get the guys who developed Batman's fighting style in those games and say: "See what you did there? Just to it again but now for a film".

Done.

"Physical barriers are no match for those we place on our own minds."
SofNascimento is offline   Reply With Quote