Side-Kick

Default Re: So Bradley Cooper Robbed The Cradle

Aww they look cute together.

Tanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:47 AM   #3
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

That's what I'm afraid of happening at some point myself.

Should that age gap be problematic if she's legally an adult? I can understand why she would go for Cooper, because he's a big movie star. But I wonder how he feels about it. At the moment I'd say go for it, if they like each other.

Michael Douglas has that much of an age gap, if not more, with Catherine Zeta Jones. But she is older, of course, and I think when you're older, age becomes less of a problem than it is between someone who is, say, 18 and someone who is 25.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

Douglas and Jones are now seperated I believe... no doubt related to the comments Douglas made about his "oral sex cure to cancer."

I knew Cooper was older than his 20's but he's closer to his 40's than I realized.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #5
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

If that were true then they would have a very awkward looking relationship to everyone else.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #6
Raiden
The Captain

Maybe because Bradley Cooper is still youngful-looking, but these two actually don't look too bad together.

And given the age gap between Patrick Stewart, Alec Baldwin, etc. with their spouse/gf, I don't think this is quite cradle-robbing yet. Besides, didn't he co-star with Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Lining Playbook who is only a few years older than his current model gf?

Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

I don't see a problem.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #8
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

And I'm suppose to care...why?

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #9
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

I feel weird with anything more than a year or two TBH. Because I just feel like usually your at two totally different places in life when its 5 years and more especially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #10
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

She's an adult so I don't see it as a problem either. At least as far as that's concerned.

I could see a problem if it were psychologically based like some kind of reaction to a paternal figure (ie; "daddy issues") or distaste for "younger" men in her own age range ("they're all too immature").

But as far as I know though neither of them is psychologically damaged so why would it matter? Obviously she finds something attractive in him and he finds something in her but if/when they run into relationship issues it'll likely be more from strain being an actor trying to date a model. Both of them have demanding careers that will keep them away from home for months at a time.

Old 09-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #11
terry78
Smiling is for sellouts

Silver Linings come to life.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #12
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
I feel weird with anything more than a year or two TBH. Because I just feel like usually your at two totally different places in life when its 5 years and more especially.
Well 5 or more years is very different if you are 15 and 20 compared to 20 and 25, 25 and 30, or 35 and 40 etc. The older you get, the less an age gap becomes, unless of course someone is 40 and the other is 20.

But some people at 40 still might not have really begun their lives properly (or don't feel they've been as successful as they should), while some people even at 20 have already lived and gained great success. So are they really at different stages?

Someone at age 15 is still in school, whereas someone at 20 might be at university. When you're older and have both worked a bit, the age gap closes.

This model might have been modelling from a young age and might be already relatively experienced. She might not be at such a different stage in her career to Bradley Cooper.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 09-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #13
StarLord
Believe.

Meh, she's 21. She's an adult.

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #14
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

But that is almost never the case Dark Raven. Mostly I've see girl and guys wanting a protector or parental figure which is just strange. There are a few exceptions to the rule but it's not the norm. I think if you stay within your age range you are going to be pretty much able to live life the same ways.

The main issues I see are the older one wanting to become more settled while the youngin wants to still get more YOLO bucket list things out of the way before nesting. I'm not saying it never works but the issue of not being on the same life stage is an obstacle many May/December romances must face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*

Last edited by jaymes_e06; 09-15-2013 at 05:17 PM.
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #15
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

I really don't think that's a bad age gap. As soon as I hit my 20s, I thought anything under 40 to be fine tbh.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #16
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I really don't think that's a bad age gap. As soon as I hit my 20s, I thought anything under 40 to be fine tbh.
But how does that work exactly? If you are say, 21 and you will accept someone who is 38, then when you are 24, that person will be 41 and over 40, but you will still be in your 20s. And when you are 28, that person will be 45. Will that person not be acceptable to you anymore?

Old 09-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #17
warhorse78
Side-Kick

I really don't see what the problem is. People get so hung up on age. I have a cousin that had a great rapport with her next door neighbor. He was cute, had a great career and got along really well with her and her kids, but when he asked her out, she flat out said no, he was too young for her. He was only 5 years younger than her, but she has this stupid rule that a guy has to be no less that 5 years older than her.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #18
Boom
I got nothin'

Gotta give props.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #19
terry78
Smiling is for sellouts

She's not like the hottest chick, but she's probably giving him what he needs.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #20
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I really don't see what the problem is. People get so hung up on age. I have a cousin that had a great rapport with her next door neighbor. He was cute, had a great career and got along really well with her and her kids, but when he asked her out, she flat out said no, he was too young for her. He was only 5 years younger than her, but she has this stupid rule that a guy has to be no less that 5 years older than her.
In that case that really seems dumb. 5 years is nothing. And like I said, the older you get, the less that gap becomes. If someone is 60, are they going to refuse to go out with a 65 year old because there is a 5 year gap and they think it is too much? There is literally no gap by then.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #21
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I was going to come in and ask "Who cares?", but looking at her, she looks fairly underaged. 16 at most.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #22
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I was going to come in and ask "Who cares?", but looking at her, she looks fairly underaged. 16 at most.
Well in this case, the girl does admittedly look underage, but not all 21 year olds do. Heck, even some 16-year olds look like they're in their 20s.

I know that it is only a movie, but James Bond never seemed to have a problem with most of the Bond girls he encountered, many of whom were sometimes 20 years younger than him. The only time Bond ever did take issue was with the very young-looking Bibi Dahl in For Your Eyes Only, where he told her to put her clothes back on and he'd buy her an ice cream.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #23
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

A complete strangers love life is serious business, yo.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #24
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
A complete strangers love life is serious business, yo.
It is the MOST serious business!

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #25
Project862006
Banned User

in the pics i posted guess what book bradley is reading with her?

Lolita lol

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote