The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you think Affleck is a good choice?
Yes 172 74.14%
No 60 25.86%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #301
Eddie Nashton
Just some nut

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 8

Oh, and Ben Affleck... I think he'll do fine.

Thread back on track.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #302
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Like Nashton just said, try keeping it on topic guys.

If there's nothing to discuss about then move on to a different topic within this massive section. If you guys would like you're more than welcome to talk about these off topic discussions in the Super-Batusi lounge.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 09-19-2013, 12:15 AM   #303
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

In terms of the continued internet hate, I feel like the casting of Affleck for me was perfect timing for when I heard it. Not long before the news I had finally seen him in Argo. The maturity of his acting was much better and it was one of the few times I didn't feel like I was just watching "Ben Affleck" That is what made me believe if the story is good, he could pull this off. I'm actually surprised at how much outrage there has been over... Ben.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #304
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

The interest in the movie is going to be huge.

Anticipation of the first picture of Ben in the Batsuit.
Anticipation of the first picture of the Batmobile.
Anticipation of the first picture of the first picture of Batman and Superman together.
First teaser.
First trailer.
I think this is going to be the hit of 2015.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:28 AM   #305
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post

Anticipation of the first picture of the first picture of Batman and Superman together.
First teaser.
First trailer.
The first pic and teaser will be crucial

Old 09-19-2013, 01:15 AM   #306
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post

First teaser.
First trailer.
Okay your ate at a 12 and you need to be at a 3. Take it down.

:o
Old 09-19-2013, 01:17 AM   #307
HUMANIMAL

http://www.popsugar.com/Ben-Affleck-Arms-LA-31756026

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 09-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #308
Mister J
Say 'Cheese'!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Like Nashton just said, try keeping it on topic guys.

If there's nothing to discuss about then move on to a different topic within this massive section. If you guys would like you're more than welcome to talk about these off topic discussions in the Super-Batusi lounge.
It's been the better part of 4 or 5 pages now. Batfleck, people.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #309
OutOfBoose
Bat-Brain

Ben's in great physical form. He will look great.

I just hope they make badass Batman this time. Arkham Batman, Burton Batman.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #310
TheNextNolan22
Bork Hungry! Bork Smash!

Ben's going to look huge come February.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #311
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I just hope he's more calm and cool this time. I want more of this.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

And less of this.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #312
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I just hope he's more calm and cool this time. I want more of this.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

And less of this.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #313
shauner111
Side-Kick

I love Bale's anger. Love the trigger scene. It works for THAT batman, but Affleck's version seriously needs to remain calm at all times. Just like Conroy. If he can't do a super deep voice, they can always enhance it in post production.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #314
The Shield
It's really Happening!

For every love of that "angry" Batman there is hate... I Absolutely Hated It. It was, imo, very forced and distracting and took me out the movie every time and reminded me I was watching an actor trying to be tuff.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 09-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #315
shauner111
Side-Kick

I never felt like he was trying to act tough. It had to do with disguising his voice and mainly about transforming into a creature..becoming a completely separate personality.

You cant exactly speak in a normal Conroy voice in live-action. I mean you could, and the fans would think of Conroy and if the voice is badass it'll sound cool but I honestly think it would take me out of the movie WAY more than Bale's growling if Batman sounded exactly like Bruce Wayne. Keaton did it well most of the time but even he had moments talking to Vikki Vale where I was like COME ON! IT'S BRUCE UNDER THE COWL! HOW CAN YOU NOT HEAR IT!?

It's no big deal but to me only Conroy can get away with normal speaking. He lowered his voice to make it deeper but it's literally the same voice. His voice is naturally deep anyway. I just don't buy that kind of thing when I see a movie.

That's why actors put on a whisper or a growl in the live-action batman movies. Keaton did it like I said, and Bale did as well. Affleck needs to lower his voice but remain calm. Make it a bit gravelly is just Batman's voice and how it's described. If Ben can never shout while having a lower register and even a slight whisper it would be awesome. Even face to face with a criminal and literally not saying a word while staring at him for like 10 seconds in the most evil way.....that would be beyond amazing.

Like I said, post-production would work. Kevin Smith said it. Explain an inner cowl function that distorts the voice maybe (really just working on it in POST). In a really creepy way. Id love that.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #316
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Yep, just some sort of voice modulator would be great. Have Affleck talk normal and calm, but change it up enough in post, so he sounds different. None of that unintelligible growling again please.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #317
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
For every love of that "angry" Batman there is hate... I Absolutely Hated It. It was, imo, very forced and distracting and took me out the movie every time and reminded me I was watching an actor trying to be tuff.
I liked it a lot in BB, but he also didn't scream at everyone like he did in the other movies. It was much more balanced. I wasn't a fan of it in TDK/TDKR, though.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #318
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

I just watched that clip from the Daily Show where Jake Gyllenhaal talks about Ben Affleck being cast as Batman. It's funny, I was never particularly married to any actor getting the part before Ben Affleck was cast: I guess I feel like I already got my dream choice for Batman with Christian Bale so whoever comes next is gravy. But literally the only actor I ever suggested in the numerous casting threads was Jake Gyllenhaal. I think he's a very talented young actor, and is one of the few in his generation with the presence to really bring gravitas to that part. Though once it became apparent they were skewing older with their casting I knew he'd be ruled out.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #319
StarLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
I didn't mind it in BB and TDK, but in TDKR it felt so forced and sounded horrible.

ORDINERY SITUZUN!

Old 09-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #320
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I liked it a lot in BB, but he also didn't scream at everyone like he did in the other movies. It was much more balanced. I wasn't a fan of it in TDK/TDKR, though.
He did plenty of yelling in Begins. But it was well set up, by showing Batman's assertiveness outside of interrogation sequences. Ironically, the only time I feel like they tried to show a Batman with a collected persona is in the Joker interrogation sequence. Though that does feel like a one person "good cop/bad cop routine" and Ledger kind of stole that scene.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #321
ABadJoke
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
He did plenty of yelling in Begins. But it was well set up, by showing Batman's assertiveness outside of interrogation sequences. Ironically, the only time I feel like they tried to show a Batman with a collected persona is in the Joker interrogation sequence. Though that does feel like a one person "good cop/bad cop routine" and Ledger kind of stole that scene.
While Ledger does rock that scene, I still loved how Bale handled it. You could feel how scared he was to lose another person he loved. It was genuine anger. Genuine fear.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #322
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

The only time that angry growl worked for me was when he was dealing with Flass in BB. Using it on Joker or Bane didn't work simply because he wasn't in a position to freak them out. Plus, the voice just sucked at those times anyway.

I'd imagine Affleck sounding like what he did in DD. If we want to compare him Batman voice actors, I think William Baldwin's would be the closest just based on their natural voices. Maybe Rino Romano too.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 09-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #323
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
I didn't mind it in BB and TDK, but in TDKR it felt so forced and sounded horrible.

ORDINERY SITUZUN!
Cause that was so much worse than "FULLLLL OF PEEPUL....READY TO BELIEVEEEEE IN GOOOODD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I'd imagine Affleck sounding like what he did in DD. .
I really, really hope that's not the case. That'd be pretty bad.

Speaking of Bat-voices, the guy who voices him on Beware The Batman is growing on me a lot. He's got a constant chip on his shoulder and it really comes through in the voice.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 09-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #324
Loki882
Side-Kick

Batman being angry and scaring the crap out of criminals is in the comics, so I'm not sure why its a problem when Bale did it.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #325
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I really, really hope that's not the case. That'd be pretty bad.

Speaking of Bat-voices, the guy who voices him on Beware The Batman is growing on me a lot. He's got a constant chip on his shoulder and it really comes through in the voice.
I brought up DD since Kevin Smith said Affleck did it since he assumed Batman on film was dead. So, I assumed that was his Batman voice.

I love Anthony Ruivivar's voice on the show and how much of a douche they make him as Batman. His lines are sometimes unintentionally (I think) hilarious.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Closed Thread