The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you think Affleck is a good choice?
Yes 172 74.14%
No 60 25.86%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #326
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing how big he'll be by the time filming starts.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #327
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Batman being angry and scaring the crap out of criminals is in the comics, so I'm not sure why its a problem when Bale did it.
Because his Batman voice wasn't all that great. He sounded scarier during that Terminator Salvation recording.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 09-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #328
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I brought up DD since Kevin Smith said Affleck did it since he assumed Batman on film was dead. So, I assumed that was his Batman voice.

I love Anthony Ruivivar's voice on the show and how much of a douche they make him as Batman. His lines are sometimes unintentionally (I think) hilarious.
Yeah, haha he's kind of a-hole Batman but since it's a young and angry Batman I can kind of forgive it. It annoyed me at first but then grew on me.

As for Affleck, they may have been his Batman voice in 2002, but considering he himself wasn't a fan of how that movie turned out and isn't looking to bring back memories for people, he should work on something new.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 09-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #329
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Batman being angry and scaring the crap out of criminals is in the comics, so I'm not sure why its a problem when Bale did it.
But also Batman being more calm and unsettling. And I personally think it happens a lot more

Old 09-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #330
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Yeah, haha he's kind of a-hole Batman but since it's a young and angry Batman I can kind of forgive it. It annoyed me at first but then grew on me.

As for Affleck, they may have been his Batman voice in 2002, but considering he himself wasn't a fan of how that movie turned out and isn't looking to bring back memories for people, he should work on something new.
In the latest episode, the first thing he said to Gordon after stopping some bad guys before the cops came was "You're welcome."

I hope he looks to the animated shows/films to get an idea of what to do and comes up with a voice that best fits his version. I'm positive he won't try to sound like Bale since that was his thing and many jokes were made about it anyway.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 09-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #331
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
But also Batman being more calm and unsettling. And I personally think it happens a lot more
Something like that would be cool. There's this scene in the comic "Justice" where he interrogates Captain Cold. We don't get to see what he said, but afterwards Cold is sweating a lot. Superman notes that people think Batman was just bluffing of what he'd do, but they forgot he had Wonder Woman's lasso around him to keep him normal.

"

Old 09-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #332
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Love this.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #333
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I liked it a lot in BB, but he also didn't scream at everyone like he did in the other movies. It was much more balanced. I wasn't a fan of it in TDK/TDKR, though.
Agreed

Old 09-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #334
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflamingcoco View Post
but also batman being more calm and unsettling. And i personally think it happens a lot more
awesome!!!

Old 09-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #335
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
I brought up DD since Kevin Smith said Affleck did it since he assumed Batman on film was dead. So, I assumed that was his Batman voice.

I love Anthony Ruivivar's voice on the show and how much of a douche they make him as Batman. His lines are sometimes unintentionally (I think) hilarious.
Hey, Beware the Batman is actually pretty good. I've found that watching it with an open mind allows me to actually enjoy it. Not every show has to be Batman TAS, after all. I especially like how they focus on Batman's brilliance (his genius-level intellect, phenomenal detective skills, etc). Also, Alfred.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #336
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Because Bale's bat-voice was terrible in many scenes. And, as some other posters mentioned, at some point any actor and/or character need to change the way to do things or it gets old really quickly.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #337
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah but that's no fact, as I for one LOVE Bale's voice and don't think he sounded terrible. But I do want to hear something different now.

What I loved about the growl was how you would never think it was Bruce Wayne if you were in Gotham experiencing the Bat. It was just such an opposite voice. I love that.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:16 AM   #338
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

To me, the voice was like a gag. Effective the first time, but got less so the more it was used.

I think if he used the soft voice in Begins when sneaking up on Gordon with a stapler, and THEN used the raspy growl in key places, it would be more effective.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #339
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

The thing that got me was in TDKR when Bane was beating the **** out of him and he was hurt pretty bad, yet he was still doing the voice even though Bane knew it was him.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #340
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

There was a series of posts some pages back about Star Trek and other things. Did those get deleted?

Old 09-20-2013, 12:58 AM   #341
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
By far my favorite Bat-voice.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #342
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Yeah but that's no fact, as I for one LOVE Bale's voice and don't think he sounded terrible. But I do want to hear something different now.

What I loved about the growl was how you would never think it was Bruce Wayne if you were in Gotham experiencing the Bat. It was just such an opposite voice. I love that.
Exactly. I loved the voice. And I find myself hoping Affleck does something similar, purely to piss people off.

Quote:
I think if he used the soft voice in Begins when sneaking up on Gordon with a stapler, and THEN used the raspy growl in key places, it would be more effective.
That could have been a good way to go. But I still love the way it was done anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
The thing that got me was in TDKR when Bane was beating the **** out of him and he was hurt pretty bad, yet he was still doing the voice even though Bane knew it was him.
And to Lucius whenever he was Batman. As well as many other characters when he was suited up even if they knew who he was. Hell, he even used it with Rachel when he knocked Dent out and told her to hide. Because in all those instances: He's in Batman mode. He's become that persona. As has happened in the comics often. Look at "Building a Better Batmobile", when Alfred says 'Master Wayne, that certain growl in your voice that you used to have to practice before you went out as Batman... You're doing it all the time, sir.' He told him that Bruce was being lost to The Batman.

Bale doing that was absolutely accurate to the character.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:58 AM   #343
Techn9ne77
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
And to Lucius whenever he was Batman. As well as many other characters when he was suited up even if they knew who he was. Hell, he even used it with Rachel when he knocked Dent out and told her to hide. Because in all those instances: He's in Batman mode. He's become that persona. As has happened in the comics often. Look at "Building a Better Batmobile", when Alfred says 'Master Wayne, that certain growl in your voice that you used to have to practice before you went out as Batman... You're doing it all the time, sir.' He told him that Bruce was being lost to The Batman.

For those comments:

Old 09-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #344
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Exactly. I loved the voice. And I find myself hoping Affleck does something similar, purely to p*** people off.

That could have been a good way to go. But I still love the way it was done anyway.

Yep. It's the reason why Bruce uses his Batman voice even with Alfred present (TAS). He's spent the better part of his life trying to find an identity. He isn't going to let it go that easily

Old 09-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #345
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Yup. I remember in the first season or two of BTAS, He had two distinct voices - Batman's rough sometimes growly voice, and Bruce Wayne's softer, almost feminine (compared to the Batman) voice. About the second or third season, Conroy used the rougher Bat-voice for both Bats and Bruce, to me indicating that maybe the Batman personality was taking over, and that the softer Bruce voice was the affectation that was fading away. At least, that was the impression I got at the time.

*splat*
Old 09-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #346
Loki882
Side-Kick

The big problem with using a similar voice for both persona's is that it makes Batman's identity even easier to figure out than it already is.

Old 09-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #347
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Im not sure if you understand the meaning behind the voice. It's a different personality. He becomes a creature, so when he's in Batman mode, he remains in character even if the person knows his identity. It's usually when he's on his way to do something, he keeps it going.

Old 09-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #348
shauner111
Side-Kick

You cant have the same voice for both personas. You might be able to get away with it in a cartoon where children are the main target audience or any kind of animation because it's already as far-fetched as you can get, so what does it matter. You don't have to ever take it seriously. But that's not the case with live-action.

Quote:

Exactly!

Old 09-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #349
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Point blank, I just was never crazy about the voice period. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 09-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #350
HUMANIMAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOg3ZE3hNQc

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Closed Thread