The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you think Affleck is a good choice?
Yes 172 74.14%
No 60 25.86%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #126
smashmode
House Stark

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Affleck's a funny dude. He has a good sense of humor but in recent years he takes his work more seriously. I can see it in him that he'll prove a lot of people wrong. Just like Keaton did.

I cant say im as excited as I thought I would be, but im curious about Batman vs Superman. It's going to take me seeing a wicked Affleck photo under the cowl, in the new suit, to get me "excited". The trailers might do it as well.

Im more stoked to see the first solo film than BvS. Affleck in this crossover is just a taste test.

Well Fallon talked about Comic Con, you know Ben is going to just kill it at Comic con, this will be first wouldn't it?

Just imagine affleck repel down a rope in full arkham gear into Hall H. That would make us nerds go stupid crazy.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #127
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

It's a shame, watching that video again, it seems like Ben Affleck was up for talking more about it, but Jimmy Fallon kinda cut him off with the "Sorry we're outta time" spiel to cut to commercials.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 09-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #128
smashmode
House Stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Not even going to lie. Affleck doesn't seem like a funny dude, but he actually is lol.

Watch all of his clips with Jimmy Kimmel, affleck really is a funny dude.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #129
smashmode
House Stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
It's a shame, watching that video again, it seems like Ben Affleck was up for talking more about it, but Jimmy Fallon kinda cut him off with the "Sorry we're outta time" spiel to cut to commercials.
You know kimmel is going to have him on, maybe he will let affleck drop a tidbit or spoiler.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #130
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

And yeah, Jersey Girl gets a bad rep IMO. Maybe it's my Kevin Smith bias, but I really liked that movie. It was sincere and heartfelt and I liked Affleck in it.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #131
Dk1201
Side-Kick

As each day passes I am getting more and more excited about Affleck as batman

Old 09-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #132
smashmode
House Stark

And come on, yes JLO pretty much ruined Ben's affleck's career..but lets not try and act he didn't get anything out of that relationship. I mean. Dat backend on JLO

Old 09-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #133
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk1201 View Post
As each day passes I am getting more and more excited about Affleck as batman
Same!

Old 09-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #134
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

At this point if you say you don't like the casting, people act like you're crazy. The backlash backfired.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #135
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

That's because all the haterz lost steam right after the announcement. Also, SHH is one of the brighter spots on the net

Old 09-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #136
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
At this point if you say you don't like the casting, people act like you're crazy. The backlash backfired.
This is a point I'd been meaning to make, but couldn't think of an eloquent way to word it. It's like, the backlash against Ben Affleck was SO extreme and SO vitriolic, that it caused this backlash-against-the-backlash, with people who might otherwise have been on the fence saying, "Hey, wait a minute now, give the poor guy a chance," and editorials about how the hyperbolic hatric was unjustified.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 09-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #137
smashmode
House Stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I don't mind people not liking the casting, I'd just like to hear your reasons. If your not going to offer up more than just 'he sucks', then be prepared for the backlash.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #138
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
This is a point I'd been meaning to make, but couldn't think of an eloquent way to word it. It's like, the backlash against Ben Affleck was SO extreme and SO vitriolic, that it caused this backlash-against-the-backlash, with people who might otherwise have been on the fence saying, "Hey, wait a minute now, give the poor guy a chance," and editorials about how the hyperbolic hatric was unjustified.
Well, the likers turned to lovers, the "meh" people became likers, and the haters..lost their voice

Generally speaking :P

Old 09-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #139
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Most of the backlash has backfired. Just wait till the first photo drops. Then the trailer(s).

Old 09-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #140
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashmode View Post
Watch all of his clips with Jimmy Kimmel, affleck really is a funny dude.
Yeah, I've seen the F**king Ben Affleck thing. He was so funny in that.

~SHH SIX~
Old 09-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #141
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

First comes the fanboy rage from everything that feels off (THIS COSTUME SUX) then the trailer (ooh) then the advance reviews (almost always positive) then the early praise from the novelty of the film..followed by a more logical consensus..followed by another backlash

Then people think of all the little moments they didn't like and await the reboot, while the other fans want their loved franchise(s) to continue into eternity.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #142
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
First comes the fanboy rage from everything that feels off (THIS COSTUME SUX) then the trailer (ooh) then the advance reviews (almost always positive) then the early praise from the novelty of the film..followed by a more logical consensus..followed by another backlash

Then people think of all the little moments they didn't like and await the reboot, while the other fans want their loved franchise(s) to continue into eternity.
Yup... that about does it.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 09-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #143
the last son
Side-Kick

Why I don't like it. They went with an older Batman. They gave him the role without even auditioning like they could care less about talent, but more a name. I hated gone baby gone and the town was a fake departed, with cheese on top. In every movie he is the same guy. Same voice same mannerisms, everything. I actually liked him as daredevil, but this is Batman. I don't mind him playing a B level superhero. I wanted someone who was unknown and almost think they were really Bruce Wayne. Same with cavil, Hemsworth, hiddleston, to a lesser extent Evans. I'll gladly eat my words, but as of today, I'm not on board.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #144
the last son
Side-Kick

Btw, I like Affleck, just not for Batman.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #145
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Why I don't like it. They went with an older Batman. They gave him the role without even auditioning like they could care less about talent, but more a name. I hated gone baby gone and the town was a fake departed, with cheese on top. In every movie he is the same guy. Same voice same mannerisms, everything. I actually liked him as daredevil, but this is Batman. I don't mind him playing a B level superhero. I wanted someone who was unknown and almost think they were really Bruce Wayne. Same with cavil, Hemsworth, hiddleston, to a lesser extent Evans. I'll gladly eat my words, but as of today, I'm not on board.
1. 41 is not that old
2. Yeah he did audition so did Brolin and a few others He beat them out sorry.
3. Snyder was impressed with him
4. Opinions are fine I would recommend check out Company men and Changing lanes

Old 09-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #146
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post

Hmm...that sounds vaguely familiar.

Romans 8:38-39
Old 09-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #147
Techn9ne77
Side-Kick

Well my take on the whole backlash thing is you simply lack any form of common sense to defend or "hate" on something that hasn't even begun filming. No one has seen anything yet. No one can judge or be right or wrong yet. Therefore, if you're attacking people b/c you hate Ben Affleck as Batman:

If you attack people b/c someone STILL doesn't like the idea of Ben Affleck as Batman:

I was lucky in that I haven't seen very many negative things at all about the casting. I've avoided all the vitriol on YouTube & I don't even have a Twitter account. Literally everything about the casting I've read here or one of the 3 other sites I go to for pop culture/comic/geek stuff & most of that's been positive. Positive to the point where its the exact opposite almost, a person can't say they don't like it or still don't care for the casting w/o a group doing exactly what the other side just did. To me, that's still idiotic, no matter the position.

I did just read about the whole controversy in the new Entertainment Weekly. They have a really good article about the whole deal. I didn't know the numbers, but they wrote that 96,088 tweets came out after the announcement & 71% were negative. 75,000 petitions were signed in the first two days for the studio to reconsider. When I read about stuff like that, it sorta makes me pull for Affleck more. However, not to the point were I want to be anything like those people, meaning I'm in wait & see mode. I can careless about "attacking" or defending" Affleck against someone that doesn't like the idea/him. I'm seeing it regardless so what someone else thinks or comments on doesn't faze me. I just hope all this doesn't turn out like MOS. There was all this positivity on here about MOS when the trailers hit, then those same people seemed to do a 360 & consistently posted about hating the movie when it came out.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #148
the last son
Side-Kick

I heard he didn't audition and I believe it.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #149
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I heard he didn't audition and I believe it.
From who?

because in order to cast someone they have to go through Auditions and Brolin definitely did...

Old 09-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #150
the last son
Side-Kick

I don't remember who said it. Just read his.comments about the process. You never hear auditioned for the role. They offered he accepted.