The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you think Affleck is a good choice?
Yes 172 74.14%
No 60 25.86%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #151
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 8

i don't remember brolin saying he auditioned. i remember reading that he talked to zack about it, but that's about it. regardless, I'm sure his casting wasn't just about batman. in fact, I'd guess that the whole dc universe expanding has to do with captaining that enterprise. ben's gonna make life easier for the dccu.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #152
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk1201 View Post
I'm in a wait and see mode as to what Snyder and Goyer have in mind for Batman, let alone the story for this film.

I remember on how a lot of the cast were saying the same thing about MOS and look how that turned out in the end.
Man.. the script was great they were right... disapointed were only the purists that wanted smth the same as 70 years ago... the movie turned out and ended up being awesome and one of the best of the genre.. some guys have to DEAL WITH IT

Old 09-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #153
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I can tell Affleck is excited to play the role by the way he acted when he talked about the movie. Man, this is going to be huge. I'm talking nuclear.

Where are you from?

Old 09-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #154
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

That gif must be super amazing then, if you're asking about location.

~SHH SIX~
Old 09-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #155
Nathan

Obviously, he's from Planet Vegeta.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #156
Neonzel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I heard he didn't audition and I believe it.
So you heard somewhere that he didn't audition and you believe it, but someone tells you he did audition and you don't believe it? So you'll just believe any negative news without question. Don't you think your hatred is clouding you judgement?

Last edited by Neonzel; 09-17-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #157
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
That gif must be super amazing then, if you're asking about location.
it's from the final of last championship on Mexico.. Miguel Herrera America's couch

Old 09-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #158
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
Look, I know damn well he could be utter crap as Batman, or he could be the bets Batman ever, I won't know until I actually see him in the role. If I were a fanboy I would say he WILL BE the best evar, and I am not saying that. At least I am admitting the possibility he could suck bad at it.
Oh, and using the term fanboy to try to lessen the validity of someone else's opinion is the last resort of someone who has nothing to add to a debate.
Which is why the poll in this thread really needs a middle-ground option - something akin to 'don't know'/'wait and see approach'. Especially at this stage, when there's so little we know about the movie.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Old 09-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #159
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Agreed. I personally see no reason why he couldn't do a stellar job,, but I can't really say for sure until It happens. I suppose it's too late to change the poll, isn't it? Perhaps start a new one?

*splat*
Old 09-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #160
Andreth
Side-Kick

Oh Ben

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 09-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #161
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

ha

Old 09-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #162
Dagenspear
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Man.. the script was great they were right... disapointed were only the purists that wanted smth the same as 70 years ago... the movie turned out and ended up being awesome and one of the best of the genre.. some guys have to DEAL WITH IT
Um, no. That's not how it works at all.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #163
Techn9ne77
Side-Kick

I would argue the whole Adkins things, but why bother? It was about 2 pages ago, but glorified stuntman???

Hmmm.... I don't remember him ever being that. He's nothing like someone like Ray Park. Maybe people need to go look at his filmography before making ridiculous "points" like that. Still trying to figure out the whole "B-movie thing" like he wasn't in The Bourne Ultimatum & Zero Dark Thirty. Like that should even matter anyway. Gee, I wonder how many people were against Hemsworth before Thor (hell, he did the Red Dawn remake & The Perfect Getaway before that & one wasn't even released until after Thor). Its not like he had a superb filmography at that point. People only knew Cavill from Immortals before Superman. That's it. I don't think there is a person that knew of another movie he was in before that. So therefore, that argument can be flushed. The good actor/bad actor thing is all opinion anyway. It's people that think Ben Affleck can't act so who's right? No one. Flush that point as well...

I said it before & I'll say it again: you don't need a major name to sell an iconic character like most comic book characters. In fact, it has been shown that unknowns have worked since... oh.... some guy that CAN'T act, that we hadn't heard of named Hugh Jackman. Reeve, Cavill, Routh, Jackman, Hemsworth, Hiddleston, etc. None of those names were in "big" films or major stars before their comic book roles. Hell, Bale wasn't huge either. Most people knew him from American Psycho & Equilibrium before Batman & that's it. You ask me who should play Black Panther & I'll say Michael Jai White. For the same reasons: upcoming actor, great look, already in peak physical shape so no need for years of training or a stunt double/fight choreographer, etc. The fact that he & Adkins can fight like the characters and/or are martial artists would have just been the cherry on top of it all. Why wouldn't I want either one of them to play a badass comic book character??? That's what fan boys should be asking. Of course I mentioned Jai White playing BP in an article on this site & a poster commented that he couldn't act the part & said Morris Chestnut or Idris Elba should do it.

I call it the 'only established actors can play the characters I like' rule when its convenient to their argument . Of course this is all opinion anyway when all is said & done. I know that I damn sure thought some of the weird indie guys other people picked for Bruce Wayne/Batman were terrible choices. I didn't find the time to mock or challenge them about their fantasy choices however.

Oh well, guess I completely contradicted that first sentence of my post

Last edited by Techn9ne77; 09-17-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:14 PM   #164
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
And yeah, Jersey Girl gets a bad rep IMO. Maybe it's my Kevin Smith bias, but I really liked that movie. It was sincere and heartfelt and I liked Affleck in it.
I put off watching "Jersey Girl" because of it's bad rep. but it does show a lot of emotion from Affleck and the movie is simple but heartfelt. It's a good movie.

Quote:
Don't Ever. Watch Gigli. EVER. Especially since it's on Netflix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashmode View Post
Don't watch Gigli and the christmas movie, I think Jersey girl gets a bad wrap.
I watched more of his movies after the Batman announcement but I will not watch "Gigli" ever. I watched "The Company Men" which was pretty good, and I watched "Hollywoodland" again which is of course more fun to see because of the Superman connection, as well as seeing life for an actor in Hollywood. Plus it was cool to see his scenes with Diane Lane.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #165
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

But was Adkins the star of Zero Dark Thirty? I honestly forgot he was even in it. To be honest, I don't even remember seeing him.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:33 PM   #166
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
And yeah, Jersey Girl gets a bad rep IMO. Maybe it's my Kevin Smith bias, but I really liked that movie. It was sincere and heartfelt and I liked Affleck in it.
I agree. It was cute and heartfelt flick. Kind of sad that even Kevin himself has somewhat disowned it.

On the latest Fatman on Batman, Kevin was saying that a couple years back, Time Magazine was doing a piece of Ben and interviewing various directors he'd worked with. Ben shot Kevin an e-mail asking him to kindly not bring up Jersey Girl in his interview. Kevin wrote back saying, "I won't...but..." and proceeded to write what he called one of the most beautiful e-mails he'd ever written, basically just worshiping Affleck and telling him he's not nothing to be ashamed of. Ben wrote back, "Thanks man...but please, don't bring it up."

Lol, idk, kinda made Ben seem kind of like a jerk and overly concerned with his image. It's like get over it man...you've made FAR worse movies than Jersey Girl. Maybe it's the whole Bennifer thing that makes it a touchy topic for him.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 09-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #167
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I agree. It was cute and heartfelt flick. Kind of sad that even Kevin himself has somewhat disowned it.

On the latest Fatman on Batman, Kevin was saying that a couple years back, Time Magazine was doing a piece of Ben and interviewing various directors he'd worked with. Ben shot Kevin an e-mail asking him to kindly not bring up Jersey Girl in his interview. Kevin wrote back saying, "I won't...but..." and proceeded to write what he called one of the most beautiful e-mails he'd ever written, basically just worshiping Affleck and telling him he's not nothing to be ashamed of. Ben wrote back, "Thanks man...but please, don't bring it up."

Lol, idk, kinda made Ben seem kind of like a jerk and overly concerned with his image. It's like get over it man...you've made FAR worse movies than Jersey Girl. Maybe it's the whole Bennifer thing that makes it a touchy topic for him.
I heard that Smith podcast and Ben shouldn't be ashamed of "Jersey Girl". But it did suffer from the "Gigli" fallout and Smith probably doesn't like that people didn't even go and see it because of the Bennifer thing.

I have noticed that Affleck is sensitive about the bad part of his career, and "Jersey Girl" is a part of it, when it really shouldn't be. I've seen him sensitive about that whole time in his life even during an Ellen DeGeneres interview. And even she said, as an outsider, that she didn't realise it was that bad back then.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #168
RadioSha
Side-Kick

Hahaahaahaha

Old 09-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #169
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Old 09-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #170
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Bwahahahaha

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 09-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #171
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

ah. that made my night.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #172
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Kinda crazy to think he's older than both of the last two Batman actors we've gotten.

H.E.(R?)
Old 09-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #173
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Where are you from?
America.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:43 PM   #174
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
America.
north, central or south?

Old 09-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #175
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

she's going to play ben's character's mistress in his next film.

it is good to be ben affleck.

remember kids always be yourself. unless you can be ben affeck. always be ben affleck.