The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #251
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Old 09-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #252
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Interview with the guy who plays Coulson. In it, he talks about what it's like working with the people like RDJ, and Hemsworth and ---->Hopkins<---- Maybe he's in TDW with Odin is what the snippet is saying.

http://blog.whedonesque.com/post/619...the-dark-world
I really doubt that Coulson is in TDW. At one point Clark Gregg did hear a rumor that Thor was going to hold some sort of funeral ceremony for Coulson, but since he's alive that can't be it.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #253
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Did this get posted? (apologies for posting again if it has)

TV Spot:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 09-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #254
Moonwing
Side-Kick

The same footage. Again. New will be in a named TV spots only as it seems.

Site-that-should-not-be-named already think this movie will bomb as R.I.P.D., and justifying it by the fact that both used the same footage again and again. And some really think that Joss thing with some scenes was as recent as this month, people really cant read sometimes.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #255
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I really doubt that Coulson is in TDW. At one point Clark Gregg did hear a rumor that Thor was going to hold some sort of funeral ceremony for Coulson, but since he's alive that can't be it.

I dunno, that's a pretty big slip. One does not simply talk about working with Sir Anthony Hopkins without actually working with Sir Anthony Hopkins. Doesn't necessarily mean Coulson encounters Odin in TDW, but they could've worked together voice acting in something like the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon and/or the LEGO Marvel Heroes video game. Or even some unannounced voice work for the online MMO, Marvel Heroes. Or, dare I say it, Odin guest stars on an episode of AOS.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-23-2013, 08:26 AM   #256
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post

Site-that-should-not-be-named already think this movie will bomb as R.I.P.D., and justifying it by the fact that both used the same footage again and again. And some really think that Joss thing with some scenes was as recent as this month, people really cant read sometimes.

uurrgghh I'm glad they're not spoiling much when marketing this movie. This is a good thing.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #257
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

uurrgghh I'm glad they're not spoiling much when marketing this movie. This is a good thing.
Yep, it`s good to have something to wander about. So I dread the moment when info from first showing will began to surface. It`s because of them all of this "mandarin-is horrible" b.s. begun to overflow before most of the people actually saw the movie.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:26 AM   #258
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I dunno, that's a pretty big slip. One does not simply talk about working with Sir Anthony Hopkins without actually working with Sir Anthony Hopkins. Doesn't necessarily mean Coulson encounters Odin in TDW, but they could've worked together voice acting in something like the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon and/or the LEGO Marvel Heroes video game. Or even some unannounced voice work for the online MMO, Marvel Heroes. Or, dare I say it, Odin guest stars on an episode of AOS.
Well, he mentions RDJ and Coulson wasn't in IM3 so it's possible that he's talking about phase 1 and that he met Hopkins without having scenes with him. It would be a sort of weird phrasing of that but stranger things happen when people talk. Coulson meeting Odin seems kind of unlikely.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #259
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
Well, he mentions RDJ and Coulson wasn't in IM3 so it's possible that he's talking about phase 1 and that he met Hopkins without having scenes with him. It would be a sort of weird phrasing of that but stranger things happen when people talk. Coulson meeting Odin seems kind of unlikely.
And yet, imagine the awesomeness...

Old 09-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #260
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post

TV Spot:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
0:10 - 0:11 is a new shot of Loki so technically new footage but nothing to get excited about.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #261
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:

The doom and gloomers are huge buzzkills. I can't wait for this movie to rock people's world! Also, you would think that if they thought the movie would be bad, they would be marketing it more to get as many people to come see it before others warn them off as possible. I like the mystery and the 'bet-you-wish-you-could-see-more attitude they have going on.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #262
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yep, it`s good to have something to wander about. So I dread the moment when info from first showing will began to surface. It`s because of them all of this "mandarin-is horrible" b.s. begun to overflow before most of the people actually saw the movie.
Most of those so-called Mandarin "fans" never read the comics. Anyways, they can ***** all they want. So when they show new stuff people complain ans say "man they are showing the whole movie" and now people are saying they are showing the same stuff this movie must suck. Just cant please anyone now a days.

Last edited by TeeKay; 09-23-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #263
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:

They also have an article on the same site where Tom discusses the footage in which he
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
cuts off Thor's hand
, and he goes on to say don't believe everything you see. Wondering if maybe Loki is dreaming of it (while perhaps in prison), just waiting for a day when he can exact his revenge on his brother. Or if he is just suggesting they are not using the footage perhaps.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 09-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #264
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Loving those new poster images!
Now if we can only get a Warriors Three poster.
By the way peeps, I've started guarding a Malco theater near me fridays and saturdays, and got the District area Manager's phone number of the chain. I MIGHT be able to score a Thor 2 poster

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Last edited by Vartha; 09-23-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #265
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Wondering if maybe Loki is dreaming of it (while perhaps in prison), just waiting for a day when he can exact his revenge on his brother. Or if he is just suggesting they are not using the footage perhaps.

Surfer
The situation is fishy and cant be taken on a face value thats for sure.They showed it on SDCC for the shock value. And it worked. I doubt it`s a dream sequence or that the scene is cut from the movie - it`s something that have to deal with Loki`s ability to cross and double cross every one around him.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #266
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Quote:
They also have an article on the same site where Tom discusses the footage in which he
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
cuts off Thor's hand
, and he goes on to say don't believe everything you see. Wondering if maybe Loki is dreaming of it (while perhaps in prison), just waiting for a day when he can exact his revenge on his brother. Or if he is just suggesting they are not using the footage perhaps.

Surfer

The footage has the dream-like feeling to it. It doesn't look like a "normal" event with the way the voices were, the lighting, etc. I'm almost certain it was a dream or flashback or something of the like, based on the footage.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #267
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

or MAYBE a look into a POSSIBLE future of events.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 09-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #268
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post

YES!!!! this is what i've been saying lol

Old 09-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #269
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Possible running time? If so it`s good one.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #270
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Most of those so-called Mandarin "fans" never read the comics. Anyways, they can ***** all they want. So when they show new stuff people complain ans say "man they are showing the whole movie" and now people are saying they are showing the same stuff this movie must suck. Just cant please anyone now a days.
I consider myself a fan of all characters comic book related especially the ones from the Marvel Universe, and while I have not read or even skimmed through every comic with the Mandarin's appearance I have enough comics with him in it that I feel I have a good understanding of the character. So, to say that "Most of those so-called Mandarin "fans" never read the comics", just because they didn't like the treatment the character was given is ridiculous. If anything the statement would make more sense the other way around. In stating that most of the people that enjoyed the Mandarin were non comic book fans, and this can actually be proved by the poll that was taken on the Iron Man 3 section of this forum, where more fans hated it then loved it. Yes Iron Man 3 was widely successful with the critics and the general audience (who knew nothing of the comic book version of the character), which is who their target audience was (as it makes up the vast majority of the movie going audience). However, within the comic book audience it was not so well received. In addition I think the hate side (and this is speculative I know) would have been higher if everyone that voted on this site was a comic book fan, because some people here are just comic book movie fans, which is different as they can go into the movie without any preconceived notions of what to expect. Also, this type of thing with movies is not new. People that are fans of books will often scrutinize movies due to leaving a parts out or changing something, and I realize some changes need to be made for movies, but I felt this change with the Mandarin did not better the movie, but instead relied on witty moments and a fleeting moment of amazement when you learn the twist to carry the movie. Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin in my opinion was a way more iconic and menacing villain, then Killian. Killian perhaps would have seemed more menacing if Iron Man hadn't already beaten down loads of other extremis soldiers with identical powers, so the movie fell short in my opinion of making him seem like the larger threat. But anyways, we need to get off this subject here, as this thread should be related to Thor the Dark World & not Iron Man 3 and his villians. So, I am stopping now and I feel any further discussions on this subject, should be diverted to the Iron Man 3 Mandarin section.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 09-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #271
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Could be. I didn't think of that as a possibility, but it equally makes sense to me. I just don't think that they will actually have Thor lose his hand in the movie, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Surfer

Old 09-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #272
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

https://twitter.com/totalfilm/status/382165871696687104

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 09-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #273
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

I must have that magazine! And Malekith looks just so badass. Can't wait to see what tweaks they've made to the character whom a lot of you comic fans have stated was pretty lame compared with other Thor villains.

- It's easy to know what to do when you know what's wrong.

http://www.cdc.gov/cfs/
Old 09-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #274
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
I consider myself a fan of all characters comic book related especially the ones from the Marvel Universe, and while I have not read or even skimmed through every comic with the Mandarin's appearance I have enough comics with him in it that I feel I have a good understanding of the character. So, to say that "Most of those so-called Mandarin "fans" never read the comics", just because they didn't like the treatment the character was given is ridiculous. If anything the statement would make more sense the other way around. In stating that most of the people that enjoyed the Mandarin were non comic book fans, and this can actually be proved by the poll that was taken on the Iron Man 3 section of this forum, where more fans hated it then loved it. Yes Iron Man 3 was widely successful with the critics and the general audience (who knew nothing of the comic book version of the character), which is who their target audience was (as it makes up the vast majority of the movie going audience). However, within the comic book audience it was not so well received. In addition I think the hate side (and this is speculative I know) would have been higher if everyone that voted on this site was a comic book fan, because some people here are just comic book movie fans, which is different as they can go into the movie without any preconceived notions of what to expect. Also, this type of thing with movies is not new. People that are fans of books will often scrutinize movies due to leaving a parts out or changing something, and I realize some changes need to be made for movies, but I felt this change with the Mandarin did not better the movie, but instead relied on witty moments and a fleeting moment of amazement when you learn the twist to carry the movie. Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin in my opinion was a way more iconic and menacing villain, then Killian. Killian perhaps would have seemed more menacing if Iron Man hadn't already beaten down loads of other extremis soldiers with identical powers, so the movie fell short in my opinion of making him seem like the larger threat. But anyways, we need to get off this subject here, as this thread should be related to Thor the Dark World & not Iron Man 3 and his villians. So, I am stopping now and I feel any further discussions on this subject, should be diverted to the Iron Man 3 Mandarin section.

Surfer
I totally see where you're coming from and to some degree I totally agree but some people just like to jump on bandwagons.There’s three mistakes that some outraged “fans” seem to make - (I’m picking three because it sounds more convincing than two)
1) They think that Kingsley’s portrayal of the Mandarin is the only depiction of the character within the comics
2) They think that the revelation that Kingsley’s character is nothing more than a drunken actor means that the Mandarin is RUINED FOREVAR
3) They outright ignore and dismiss the character that is Aldrich Killian

Oh but then there’s the twist right? So the “Mandarin” doesn’t really exist in the film then? Wrong. The truth is, Aldrich Killian IS the Mandarin, something that many fans tend to ignore or outright deny. Accounting for the dissatisfaction from some of the so-called fans, they tend to use the Joker as an example, such as "what if Joker turned out to be a mascot who’s controlled by a scheming businessman and you say that that guy is the Joker?" Now, that comparison doesn’t actually work because the Joker has had one general consistent and very iconic look to his character: a guy in some purple formal wear, with white skin and green hair that looks like a clown. I can't say the same for the Mandarin because cartoons and toy makers have always been baffled about how to present him and they usually create their own incarnations of him. He has been portrayed as everything from sorcerer, to an ancient ghost, to a green skinned alien, to a business man, to a teenage descendant of Ghengis Khan.

What most of these “fans” (not you anyway) don’t seem to realize is that Kingsley’s portrayal of the Mandarin is not the ONLY depiction/appearance of the Mandarin within the comics. Lately the Mandarin has actually been portrayed as more of a suave businessman and scientist who manipulates people in the shadows unlike classic iterations of the character (sound familiar to anyone?):

Comic Mandarin is a super-humanly skilled martial artist and a mad scientist who schemes to cause World War III so he can rule the ashes. He is extremely athletic and fights with karate chops through his chi powers. His design has Chinese dragon motifs and he has ties with the dragon-like character Fin Fang Foom.
Aldrich Killian is a superhuman martial artist and a mad scientist who schemes to control and expand the War On Terror so he can profit from the ashes. He is athletic and fights with karate chops through his Extremis abilities. He has dragon tattoos on his chest, in which they are described by director Shane Black as a reference to Fin Fang Foom.

Not so different anymore now, eh? If anything, Killian is actually far closer to the Mandarin than the origin of his own name.But anyways, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Sorry for that guys, Back to Thor now. :')

Last edited by TeeKay; 09-23-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #275
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post

TV Spot:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I had not seen it before; thanks. What happened to Loki's hippie look? I guess the first version of the "When do we start?" scene isn't in the film. I'd been wondering about that, as we've now seen several different clips of Loki in prison and only the teaser had the shot of hippie-hair Loki.

I guess they decided that Loki must always looked well-groomed!

Closed Thread