The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #451
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
Which is why its best not to do Thor/Sif. Its not good in the comics for similar reasons.
Personally love it in the comics. The biggest problem with the relationship in the comics is about 3 writers in Thor's long history have really been able to write Sif with any sort of skill. The recent JIM is Sif at her best.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #452
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Wow... "YOU NEVER CALLED ME BACK-GATE" is still going on?
Why am I not surprised that this is a thing? I just came in here to see if that righteous tv spot from last night was online yet.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 09-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #453
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Why am I not surprised that this is a thing? I just came in here to see if that righteous tv spot from last night was online yet.
I love my DVR.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #454
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Nice to see this board so lively.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #455
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Personally love it in the comics. The biggest problem with the relationship in the comics is about 3 writers in Thor's long history have really been able to write Sif with any sort of skill. The recent JIM is Sif at her best.
I would say two. Immonen and Simonson. I don't think its a coincidence she was away from Thor at the time.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #456
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
Agree, fully. And I enjoyed reading the different opinions and perspectives.

I find it amusing that sometimes posters complain that a thread is too quiet; other times, posters complain that a discussion they don't particularly like is "stupid". As long as people aren't hurling insults at each other, I see no reason why any discussion relating to the film should be belittled.

That being said, I'm in the "Jane sounds like a jerk" camp!!! (Sorry, Sombra!)
I hold nothing against you

Old 09-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #457
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
Some regrettably do -_-*shudders* While I am "team Sif" all the way I fear for what she will evolve in this movie. She have potential to become really unpleasant "unwanted love interest" type that is there to create an obstacle for the "right girl".
I'm team Jane and I share that same fear for Sif.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #458
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Finally, guys, this one comes in HD quality

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #459
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
I'm team Jane and I share that same fear for Sif.
I hold my fists tightly for her not to be thrown under the train.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #460
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
I hold my fists tightly for her not to be thrown under the train.
I want her to be a good guy that Jane can get along with reasonably well. They don't have to be BFFs, but I want them to get along while Sif is doing her whole butt-kicking warrior goddess thing that I enjoy. I have confidence that Joss Wheden of the 'strong female character writer' fame won't let me down

Old 09-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #461
Loki882
Side-Kick

Is it weird that I find Sif and Beta Ray Bill to be a more interesting couple than her and Thor?

Old 09-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #462
Shawn30
Side-Kick

As far as the Thor/Jane and Sif characters go, in the new ScifiNow article its said
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Sif has a scene with Thor where you literally see her heart breaking as she realizes he only sees her as a dear friend. And later on she does the right thing and helps Jane/Thor. Seems to be no worries as to her character or cat fights between her and Jane. It reads that she remains a capable warrior throughout. But Jane and Thor are the main relationship and its no real triangle at all. Thankfully neither woman acts immature or soap operish and both are involved in the main plot of the movie. Less so for Sif, but she still does.

Seems my Inner teamjane shall be pleased

Old 09-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #463
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
I would say two. Immonen and Simonson. I don't think its a coincidence she was away from Thor at the time.
I'd add Akira Yoshida for Son of Asgard. But yeah, the list isn't very long. JMS didn't really get to far with Sif before his run was cut short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Is it weird that I find Sif and Beta Ray Bill to be a more interesting couple than her and Thor?
Of course it is more interesting. He has a horsehead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn30 View Post
As far as the Thor/Jane and Sif characters go, in the new ScifiNow article its said
Sif has a scene with Thor where you literally see her heart breaking as she realizes he only sees her as a dear friend. And later on she does the right thing and helps Jane/Thor. Seems to be no worries as to her character or cat fights between her and Jane. It reads that she remains a capable warrior throughout. But Jane and Thor are the main relationship and its no real triangle at all. Thankfully neither woman acts immature or soap operish and both are involved in the main plot of the movie. Less so for Sif, but she still does.

It is important to note they are confirming Sif has deep feelings for Thor. So, hell yes.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #464
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn30 View Post

This pleases me greatly I shall rest easy now knowing that all four of the main females in this movie shall be given justice.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #465
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I like the Avengers conversation. Jane trying to scold him but fails .

- CM Punk
Old 09-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #466
MynAmeIsedDie90
Devourer of Worlds

The last shot of Thor slamming the guy's head in the air is what we should have seen in the Avengers. So much wasted potential...

Old 09-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #467
Loki882
Side-Kick

He went toe to toe with the Hulk, used the freaking Empire State Building as a giant conductor, beat the crap out of Loki, took down multiple Leviathans, and formed a mutual respect/admiration with Cap. I'd say he had a really good showing. Also, I'm glad that they're not doing the "jealous spurned Sif" thing. I'd like to see her and Jane develop a respect for each other by the end of the film.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #468
Angel
Side-Kick

Well Sif is gonna be wary of Jane cuz she has this energy infection and it could be dangerous but i want them both to get along despite Sif having feelings for Thor.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #469
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Hulk smashing the chitauri mid-air as he was leaping between buildings was a big hit with the audience, so it's no wonder they're going to try the same thing with Thor.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:17 PM   #470
MynAmeIsedDie90
Devourer of Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
He went toe to toe with the Hulk, used the freaking Empire State Building as a giant conductor, beat the crap out of Loki, took down multiple Leviathans, and formed a mutual respect/admiration with Cap. I'd say he had a really good showing. Also, I'm glad that they're not doing the "jealous spurned Sif" thing. I'd like to see her and Jane develop a respect for each other by the end of the film.
I mean I really wanted to see Thor flying and fighting in the air. Imagine seeing Thor smashing Chitauri ships in midair.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:40 AM   #471
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick

Anyone else hear the new effects they've added to Malekith's voice in the new spot? Sounds awesome to me.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:04 AM   #472
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynAmeIsedDie90 View Post
I mean I really wanted to see Thor flying and fighting in the air. Imagine seeing Thor smashing Chitauri ships in midair.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 09-26-2013 at 05:19 AM.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #473
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Finally, guys, this one comes in HD quality

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Yeah I wasn't sure why it took them so long to post it

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 09-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #474
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Just LOVE that mid-air hammer strike to the head lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post

....to every King.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #475
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDaveBanner View Post
Anyone else hear the new effects they've added to Malekith's voice in the new spot? Sounds awesome to me.
I wonder if there are two voices for Mal. I mean one for the Scarred face Mal and a normal for the regular Mal.

....to every King.

Closed Thread