The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 05:46 AM   #551
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Or a Loki spinoff lol.
Once Thor trilogy is over why not. Thous relationships have a potential to be fun and in character in contrast to some fans wanting to bring Sigun (to self-insert-fantasy-fulfillment I assume) in MCU or even drag Sif in relationships with him because of some mythology basis. They can put Amora in Thor 3 and than use in spin off.

By the way, in resent Spanish magazine article on a question about solo movie Hiddleston answered that he do not see how can it work without Thor in it and so will agree to do one only if Hemsworth will sing up too.

Last edited by Moonwing; 09-28-2013 at 05:54 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #552
seahammer
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
There's a new interview with Tom Hiddleston where he states he'd love to see Enchantress and Loki hook up in a Thor film.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/tom-hi...-love-interest

Yay we might get Enchantress in Thor 3!
I would love this. Skurge better tag along, too!

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch
Old 09-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #553
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
By the way, in resent Spanish magazine article on a question about solo movie Hiddleston answered that he do not see how can it work without Thor in it and so will agree to do one only if Hemsworth will sing up too.
I don't know about this....

As much as I love Tom's portrayal of Loki, I can't imagine Thor taking 2nd billing, or even co-star status, in any movie within his own franchise. Personally I think that's Tom's own very polite way of avoiding the word 'no'.

With all this talk of wanting more Loki at ever turn, even a Loki solo movie, I think there's a real danger of him becoming the 'photo bomb' of the Thor universe. He's too good of a character for that.

And maybe I'm wrong! I admit that if someone comes out with a premise and a plot that actually works, I'll be first in line for a ticket. But I don't think I'm wrong.

(Off to search for Loki photo bomb gifs )

Old 09-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #554
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post
I don't know about this....

As much as I love Tom's portrayal of Loki, I can't imagine Thor taking 2nd billing, or even co-star status, in any movie within his own franchise. Personally I think that's Tom's own very polite way of avoiding the word 'no'.

With all this talk of wanting more Loki at ever turn, even a Loki solo movie, I think there's a real danger of him becoming the 'photo bomb' of the Thor universe. He's too good of a character for that.

And maybe I'm wrong! I admit that if someone comes out with a premise and a plot that actually works, I'll be first in line for a ticket. But I don't think I'm wrong.

(Off to search for Loki photo bomb gifs )
It`s like a Hulk thing really. Everyone loved Hulk in Avengers and were betting on an announce of another solo for our green friend, but marvel do not hurry, as Hulk worked good as a part of an assembled cast doing action while Benner had a chance to socialize. It`s the same thing with Loki - he is a supporting character, and it`s not rare that thous become uber popular - but he does not have anything unique to him in a sense not shared with Thor.

And as for Hemsworth second billing I think that you are right - he will make 6 movies (1 more Thor 2 more Avengers) but after that I do not think he will stay. And TH probably knows that, so yep, it`s definitely soft "no".

Old 09-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #555
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

I wouldnt blame either of them for leaving at that point.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #556
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
It`s like a Hulk thing really. Everyone loved Hulk in Avengers and were betting on an announce of another solo for our green friend, but marvel do not hurry, as Hulk worked good as a part of an assembled cast doing action while Benner had a chance to socialize. It`s the same thing with Loki - he is a supporting character, and it`s not rare that thous become uber popular - but he does not have anything unique to him in a sense not shared with Thor.
Actually, I see Hulk/Banner as less of a supporting character and more as a starring character whose franchise is not currently active. And since his backstory is so interwoven within the histories of his fellow Avengers he can show up, quite naturally, in any of their movies. In fact, this is something that I hope to see happen quite often in the MCU. (as we wait for a Mark Ruffalo Hulk franchise to come to fruition.)

I agree with you about Loki though. He exists within the context of the Thor universe.

Quote:
And as for Hemsworth second billing I think that you are right - he will make 6 movies (1 more Thor 2 more Avengers) but after that I do not think he will stay. And TH probably knows that, so yep, it`s definitely soft "no".
Absolutely. Poor guy just can't say no.

Last edited by Aging Fangirl; 09-28-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #557
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahammer View Post
I would love this. Skurge better tag along, too!
Most definately, you can't bring Enchantress to the big screen without The Executioner.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 09-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #558
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Cap, IM, Thor and Nick are the charachters I wouldnīt want to loose until after TA 3. Cap needs to be in Cap 3 TA 2 and 3. Thor in Thor 3 and TA 2 and 3. Nick in TA 2 and 3. IM needs to be in TA 2 and TA 3.

Hulk, BW, HE, Hill, Coulson Loki and some other guys could be less present or even completely removed IMO. I wouldnīt mind HE dying or Hulk being absent in AoU and returning for TA 3. Hill and Coulson are in AoS so thatīs enough for me. BW should be in AoU but I donīt necessarily "need" her for TA 3. So for me these guys could go brb or die as long as itīs done properly.

Then we have the likes of Pepper Pots and Jane Foster that doesnīt even need a reason for not being in TA 2 or 3.

I think there will be many new charachters that are of equal MCU importance as the likes of Thor, Cap, IM that will continue the MCU. I mean we canīt expect any of the ppl present in TA 1 to visit the MCU after TA 3.
Black Panter, Ms Marvel, Ant-man, GotG, Dr Strange and charachters like that could easily keep the MCU running after TA 3. It would be nice to involve some of the older charachters in say Ant-man 3 but I donīt really expect anyone from TA 1 to be there for Ant-man 3 cause of the time between the movies.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #559
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post
Actually, I see Hulk/Banner as less of a supporting character and more as a starring character whose franchise is not currently active. And since his backstory is so interwoven within the histories of his fellow Avengers he can show up, quite naturally, in any of their movies. In fact, this is something that I hope to see happen quite often in the MCU. (as we wait for a Mark Ruffalo Hulk franchise to come to fruition.)
Exactly.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #560
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Cap, IM, Thor and Nick are the charachters I wouldnīt want to loose until after TA 3. Cap needs to be in Cap 3 TA 2 and 3. Thor in Thor 3 and TA 2 and 3. Nick in TA 2 and 3. IM needs to be in TA 2 and TA 3.

Hulk, BW, HE, Hill, Coulson Loki and some other guys could be less present or even completely removed IMO. I wouldnīt mind HE dying or Hulk being absent in AoU and returning for TA 3. Hill and Coulson are in AoS so thatīs enough for me. BW should be in AoU but I donīt necessarily "need" her for TA 3. So for me these guys could go brb or die as long as itīs done properly.

Then we have the likes of Pepper Pots and Jane Foster that doesnīt even need a reason for not being in TA 2 or 3.

I think there will be many new charachters that are of equal MCU importance as the likes of Thor, Cap, IM that will continue the MCU. I mean we canīt expect any of the ppl present in TA 1 to visit the MCU after TA 3.
Black Panter, Ms Marvel, Ant-man, GotG, Dr Strange and charachters like that could easily keep the MCU running after TA 3. It would be nice to involve some of the older charachters in say Ant-man 3 but I donīt really expect anyone from TA 1 to be there for Ant-man 3 cause of the time between the movies.
There are a few in TA that we don't always need but you can't bring all these people together without supporting characters being there, especially without an explanation or something. They had Pepper in TA, they gave an explanation for why Jane was absent, they even flashbacked with Cap. These characters bring their own stories into the collective with them, we can't pretend they don't exist.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #561
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

So will Marvel announce the next One Shot the week of the film's release?

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 09-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #562
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
There are a few in TA that we don't always need but you can't bring all these people together without supporting characters being there, especially without an explanation or something. They had Pepper in TA, they gave an explanation for why Jane was absent, they even flashbacked with Cap. These characters bring their own stories into the collective with them, we can't pretend they don't exist.
Indeed thatīs why I mentioned those 2. They were somehow in TA as supporting charachters, nothing more. Jane and Pepper have already got/will get screen time in the movies where they are needed. Avengers isnīt that, Avengers isnīt about them. They were important enough to briefly involve in TA to connect Thor 1 with TA and IM 2 with TA so that the pieces fall in the right place. As you said, the big charachters need to bring some of their old stories into the collective so that we get more of em.

That doesnīt mean however that we need Jane and Pepper for AoU or TA 3 or even a proper explanation in every movie why they arenīt around anymore like we would if suddenly Hulk or Hawkeye was absent in AoU. The likes of Pepper and Jane arenīt that important in an Avengers movie anymore since they served their purpose. Sure supporting charachters are important but they can change and be replaced because they arenīt directly important elements to the the actual movie. This is my opinion tho, not saying Iīm right.

Last edited by Mightyally; 09-28-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #563
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

maybe the oneshot is a link to guardians - background on thanos/collector/star lord

Old 09-28-2013, 08:57 PM   #564
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
torrilla on tumblr has images of SciFiNow issue/article
http://torrilla.tumblr.com/post/6225...rn-of-the-king
I wonder in the MCU,will Gaea be his mother?

Old 09-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #565
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Indeed thatīs why I mentioned those 2. They were somehow in TA as supporting charachters, nothing more. Jane and Pepper have already got/will get screen time in the movies where they are needed. Avengers isnīt that, Avengers isnīt about them. They were important enough to briefly involve in TA to connect Thor 1 with TA and IM 2 with TA so that the pieces fall in the right place. As you said, the big charachters need to bring some of their old stories into the collective so that we get more of em.

That doesnīt mean however that we need Jane and Pepper for AoU or TA 3 or even a proper explanation in every movie why they arenīt around anymore like we would if suddenly Hulk or Hawkeye was absent in AoU. The likes of Pepper and Jane arenīt that important in an Avengers movie anymore since they served their purpose. Sure supporting charachters are important but they can change and be replaced because they arenīt directly important elements to the the actual movie. This is my opinion tho, not saying Iīm right.
They do need an explanation for why these people aren't around. Those two are specifically the leading ladies, the second most important characters. I know we don't need them plot wise in TA 2, but a simple one-line dialogue to explain them away is needed. If Hulk didn't show up, he could also be explained away with a short bit of dialogue (mainly Hulk is liable to cause more damage than to do any sort of good, using him for just anything would be like using a bazooka to try and take out a fly). TA, as far as the general public is concerned, is just Thor, IM, and Cap. Those three had stand alone movies that connected them to TA, those three are the most important. I know Hulk had one but honestly, I didn't even know about it until IM3 was due to come out. Those three are the only ones who would need a good, solid, reason not to come back that would require any in-depth talking about in TA movies.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #566
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

one lines should be fine.. unless the actresses agree to made cameo appearances .. i am sure joss can handle the time for each character and maintain a good story

Old 09-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #567
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
I wonder in the MCU,will Gaea be his mother?
I sure hope so Ironstar, that would be sweet.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 09-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #568
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh33 View Post
one lines should be fine.. unless the actresses agree to made cameo appearances .. i am sure joss can handle the time for each character and maintain a good story
I have no doubts that the great Joss will not let us down, the guy is unstoppable right now.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #569
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

I wanna see Heimdall blowing his Gjallerhorn before the battle starts.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #570
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

hey this is a pg 13 movie buddy

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 09-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #571
Sombra112
Side-Kick

^

Old 09-28-2013, 11:26 PM   #572
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
hey this is a pg 13 movie buddy
Tell that to the folks over at Tumblr.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:17 AM   #573
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Tell that to the folks over at Tumblr.
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 09-29-2013, 01:40 AM   #574
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

I am curious, why do people complain about how other people celebrate their fandom?

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 09-29-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:00 AM   #575
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

do you think that heimdall's attack causes the ship's cloaking system to be damaged? that would be awesome, especially we havent seen the extent of his powers

Closed Thread