The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #101
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakepool View Post
Niiiiiiiiiice. Forget about that other girl.
Awesome poster; I love the way her body language shows strength and agility; doesn't look "posed" (or badly Photoshopped) to me like a couple of the other character posters. And yes, she is quite gorgeous!

(Although personally I hate battling enemies when I have a strand of hair in my mouth. But that's just me.)

Old 09-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #102
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
Cast her as Wonder Woman already! I don't care that she's already Sif. She's perfect!

Old 09-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #103
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Sif? She looks disproportional lol
Only because now her armor looks real and functional unlike the first movie

Old 09-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #104
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Gorgeous! Sword is a bit MMORPG like but beautifully crafted.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #105
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Woo! Jane! And shes not hanging on Thor this time. And the photoshop is nice too. Sif looks good too but we all know I'm a Jane fan

Old 09-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #106
ItsMadness
Side-Kick

At least she doesn't look like a mannequin, like in some of the other posters. They did a nice job with her hair.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #107
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMadness View Post
Also seems like they changed Gungnir's look- is that a bird carving at the top of the spear?
From what I can tell, I don't think they changed Gungnir's look too much, it always had carvings on it. I think the main difference is that here (like so many other things in Asgard in TDW) it's just not quite as shiny as it was in the first film, it's got a bit more of a matte finish to it

Some screen caps of the spear from the first film:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 09-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #108
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 09-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #109
ItsMadness
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
From what I can tell, I don't think they changed Gungnir's look too much, it always had carvings on it. I think the main difference is that here (like so many other things in Asgard in TDW) it's just not quite as shiny as it was in the first film, it's got a bit more of a matte finish to it

Some screen caps of the spear from the first film:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I was remembering the spear incorrectly. You're right, it does look much the same in the way of shape. Just less shiny.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #110
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
I think that was Heimdall attacking an invisible ship.
Yeah it could definately be Heimdall, but I'm not sure so I said Asgardian soldier (I guess Heimdall is one technically).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
^ Me too! Yeah saw that leaping dude. Might be Heimdall.
I don't know which one I'd rather it be, Hiemdall or a regular Asgardian soldier. If it's Heimdall then we'll get to see more ass kicking from him, if it's a soldier it mean they finally decided to protray regular Asgardians as superhuman.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 09-19-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #111
ctsketch
Side-Kick

I may be way out in left field but remember in the trailer there was a one winged dark elf plane spiraling out of control hitting things?

What if they come into aasgard cloaked but Heimdall with his all seeing eyes sees through the deception, leaps through the air and cuts the wing off an attacking ship with his magical sword?

that'd be badass

Old 09-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #112
ctsketch
Side-Kick

but yes technically all aagardians ARE superhumans...they are stronger than any human, even Loki who is weak barely flinches as Captain America's blows

Old 09-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #113
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Yup. Idris said that he will get some action scene in this movie. He also said it wasn´t much at all but more than in Thor.

I think it might be a regular solider as you said and I actually think that´s a really good thing.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #114
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
I may be way out in left field but remember in the trailer there was a one winged dark elf plane spiraling out of control hitting things?

What if they come into aasgard cloaked but Heimdall with his all seeing eyes sees through the deception, leaps through the air and cuts the wing off an attacking ship with his magical sword?

that'd be badass
Woah that sounds so awesome I might actually be dissappointed if it's NOT in the film.

Quote:
but yes technically all aagardians ARE superhumans...they are stronger than any human, even Loki who is weak barely flinches as Captain America's blows
I know they are, but they haven't really been shown as superhuman outside of the main Asgardian cast.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 09-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #115
Sombra112
Side-Kick

^we haven't actually seen anyone but the main Asgardian cast lol

Old 09-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #116
ItsMadness
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I know they are, but they haven't really been shown as superhuman outside of the main Asgardian cast.
None of the Asgardians outside the cast were really shown fighting though, were they? Aside from the guards defending the weapons vault from the jotnar at the beginning.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #117
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:

that'd be badass
It actually looked like he was attacking a cloaked ship.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #118
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
^we haven't actually seen anyone but the main Asgardian cast lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMadness View Post
None of the Asgardians outside the cast were really shown fighting though, were they? Aside from the guards defending the weapons vault from the jotnar at the beginning.
Well there was the Asgardian vs Frost Giant battle at the beginning of Thor, when Odin defeated Laufey. Not too mention that Asgardian soldier being knocked away by the Kronan at the end of the 2nd trailer.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 09-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #119
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Well there was the Asgardian vs Frost Giant battle at the beginning of Thor, when Odin defeated Laufey. Not too mention that Asgardian soldier being knocked away by the Kronan at the end of the 2nd trailer.
Cannon fodder doesn't count as actual characters of which trailer Asgardian guy falls into the category of.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #120
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Cannon fodder doesn't count as actual characters of which trailer Asgardian guy falls into the category of.
No one said anything about characters, I'm talking about the regular Asgardian soldiers not being impressive.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 09-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #121
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Only because now her armor looks real and functional unlike the first movie
Well I mean the art. Her head looks small, and her neck, abnormally long. I think it's just the art.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #122
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I don't see any photoshop weirdness with her. She looks fine to me.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #123
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

She is beautiful! But I get what Jaqua is talking about so

Old 09-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #124
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Well I mean the art. Her head looks small, and her neck, abnormally long. I think it's just the art.
Dang it, now that you've pointed it out I can't stop looking at it *grumble*

Old 09-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #125
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Loki's only weak for a frost giant, which puts him at about average for an Asgardian. He's also a pretty good warrior in his own right. He could just never measure up to Thor and his buddies, so he turned his attention to magic and cunning.

As for the Sif poster, I love it. Sif's costume may be the most improved from the first movie, I think. I love the character, but that weird bunch of little squares over her stomach in the first movie looked really dumb, like they were trying to give her metal abs for some reason. She rocks the more medieval look of TDW really well, though.

Closed Thread