The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Tech & Support

Old 08-21-2013, 06:04 AM   #1
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Anyone know any good extra large keyboard for andoid? I'm going crazy with the standard one. Pretty much every other word has a typo these days.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
Anyone know any good extra large keyboard for andoid? I'm going crazy with the standard one. Pretty much every other word has a typo these days.
Swiftkey X. I think it's on sale right now. It kinda goes on sale frequently if you don't want to pay the full price. That and Nova Launcher were the only two I bought full price. I use them every time I use my phone so the $8 spent was worth it to me.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
dodong27
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
Swiftkey X. I think it's on sale right now. It kinda goes on sale frequently if you don't want to pay the full price. That and Nova Launcher were the only two I bought full price. I use them every time I use my phone so the $8 spent was worth it to me.
Any free apps?

dodong27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

There's the Google Keyboard but that should already be on your phone. There's the GO Keyboard, but I've never tried it.. SwiftKey X does have a free trial, but after a week or so it doesn't give predictions and just becomes a keyboard layout. The predictions are the best feature.

Swifkey X is on sale right now (can't see the price since I own it). I HIGHLY recommend it, it's worth whatever they're asking.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...htype.swiftkey

Old 08-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Thanks! I'll check it out.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Does your phone come with Swype? If not, you can get the Swype Beta for free from the developers.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #7
Krumm
Beer Snob

Random question that I hope you phone nuts have an answer to.

When visiting the forums on my iPhone, the boards are completely red with the exception of posts the have been quoted. This is a recent development of the past week or so. Previously, the background was the only thing that was red.

Is there anything I can do about this? It makes the boards hard to read, especially the thread titles since they are also red!

Alternatively, are there any good forum apps that have acesss to the SHH! boards?

Krumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #8
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I often use my Android phone from metroPCS to view and post. These last few days I have had a pop up of IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY coming up and I cannot X out the ad or anything to remove it. I cannot click on the threads I want using my phone. I am a bit of a techno dunce so help would be appreciated.

KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #9
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I often use my Android phone from metroPCS to view and post. These last few days I have had a pop up of IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY coming up and I cannot X out the ad or anything to remove it. I cannot click on the threads I want using my phone. I am a bit of a techno dunce so help would be appreciated.
I started a thread about this the other day. No replies, yet.

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #10
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Anyone else have problems with their phone freezing up or running super slow? Especially, if the signal is low.

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #11
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

I've had a couple hiccups but nothing unusual or frequent. I am running CM10 on my phone. You can try a factory reset. Definitely back up your apps with Titanium Backup first (requires root).

Old 09-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #12
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

With Microsoft buying Nokia's Devices and Services Division, leaks of Google and LG's Nexus 5 and the announcement of Android Kitkat and the new iPhones, I say September has been a pretty busy month for mobile tech. Although the future is looking bright for the top three ecosystems, it also looks like the end of RIM/BB is near.

So what do you guys think of all these changes:

The Mircosoft/Nokia acquisition?

The announcement of Android KitKat?

The new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C?

The possible end of BlackBerry?

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #13
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I'm going to wait for the iPhone 6 next year although the fingerprint feature for the 5S looks cool. Can't wait for ios 7 to come out in 2 days!

Old 09-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #14
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
So what do you guys think of all these changes:

The Mircosoft/Nokia acquisition?

The announcement of Android KitKat?

The new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C?

The possible end of BlackBerry?
I thought Microsoft had already acquired Nokia.

Android KitKat is nothing surprising other than the name being KitKat instead of Key Lime Pie, smart marketing opportunity by KitKat though. Makes me want KitKats even though I've never been an immense fan.

New iPhones, meh. Usually new improvements. 5C seems like a budget level phone like some Android lines have. I'm more interested in iOS 7.

Not surprised that BlackBerry may die off.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #15
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Microsoft owned Nokia's body, now they own their heart, soul, their everything.

Chocolate covered waifer cookies does not please you to orgasmic heights of pleasure?

iOS 7 may actually rival Android if it's as good as I've been hearing from the techbloggers, but then again they seem to be consistent in circle jerking to everything Apple does. I'm much more interested in what the response is from longtime fans and see if the new interface and pastel rainbow-ness is as polarizing as MOS.

Yeah I think a lot called it, but I actually liked BB10. I guess gesture-based OSes (webOS, Meego, BB10) will always die.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:54 AM   #16
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Microsoft owned Nokia's body, now they own their heart, soul, their everything.
Still doesn't seem like much will change.

Quote:
Chocolate covered waifer cookies does not please you to orgasmic heights of pleasure?
I'm not a big chocolate fan. KitKats were always the candy that I had once or twice and was good for a year. Before the announcement, I can't remember the last time I had a KitKat or craved one.

Quote:
iOS 7 may actually rival Android if it's as good as I've been hearing from the techbloggers, but then again they seem to be consistent in circle jerking to everything Apple does. I'm much more interested in what the response is from longtime fans and see if the new interface and pastel rainbow-ness is as polarizing as MOS.
If I get a job where I'll get a work phone, I might go with the iPhone 5S because of iOS 7. I like how it's caught up to modern design standards. I wouldn't feel comfortable rooting a work phone and I HAVE to root it to use Nova Launcher and Titanium Backup.

Quote:
Yeah I think a lot called it, but I actually liked BB10. I guess gesture-based OSes (webOS, Meego, BB10) will always die.
Some things aren't meant to be

Old 09-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #17
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Ive been thinking of getting a Galaxy S IV or an HTC One. On the other hand, should I wait? Is there some new really good Android phone on the horizon that I haven't heard of?

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #18
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

From phone arena, Samsung Godiva and the Google Nexus 5, no release dates.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #19
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I might wait for the Nexus 5.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 09-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #20
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Ive been thinking of getting a Galaxy S IV or an HTC One. On the other hand, should I wait? Is there some new really good Android phone on the horizon that I haven't heard of?
HTC One is probably the best phone from a hardware perspective. However, HTC was awful in supporting their previous line of phones (see: Thunderbolt). I still wouldn't trust them, even with a flagship phone.

S4 is a great phone, but I feel like most of its new features are just gimmicks. People also complain that Samsung has a lot of bloatware now (which can be fixed with disabling apps or rooting and freezing).

I think Google announces their new phone in October. You can wait for that. There's also the Moto X which is almost exactly the same as the Nexus 4 but made by Motorola, has a less fragile body, and you can customize the colors.

I would say wait for the Nexus 5, then make your decision.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #21
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Ok cool.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #22
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

anyone know what time they are releasing IOS 7 today?

Old 09-18-2013, 12:14 AM   #23
Just_Human
Side-Kick

IOS still exists ?

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:32 AM   #24
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
HTC One is probably the best phone from a hardware perspective. However, HTC was awful in supporting their previous line of phones (see: Thunderbolt). I still wouldn't trust them, even with a flagship phone.

S4 is a great phone, but I feel like most of its new features are just gimmicks. People also complain that Samsung has a lot of bloatware now (which can be fixed with disabling apps or rooting and freezing).

I think Google announces their new phone in October. You can wait for that. There's also the Moto X which is almost exactly the same as the Nexus 4 but made by Motorola, has a less fragile body, and you can customize the colors.

I would say wait for the Nexus 5, then make your decision.
Yeah the HTC One is a beast, but I dont trust HTC anymore

My first and current Android phone is the HTC One S; still a great phone, but seriously **** HTC with their late or or non-existent OS updates (not to mention lying to their customers about it)

I also hate the fact that the power button is on top instead of the right side.

Also Samsung phones are much easier to root.

I'm about to flash a Sense 5, JB 4.2.2 on my One S (not official, because, well, it's HTC ...) ported from the XL

Hopefully, those new commercials with RDJ will help HTC, because they are gonna need tony Stark if they don't change their philosophy.

I think I'm gonna switch to a Galaxy S4.

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #25
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

I've been hesitant about getting a Nexus because I'm worried about cross compatibility.

For example, I have an iPod and if I can't find the song on iTunes I can't get the song for my iPod.

Are the these kind of problems with Nexus. Do alot of things only allow google approved products and services?

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote