The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Tech & Support

Old 07-14-2015, 04:49 PM   #1
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Default VHS to DVD (or Video Format)

We got a lot of home movies we recorded in the 90's, and we want to preserve them by putting them on (up to date) DVD's, or better yet making them video files stored on several flash drives and hard disks.

We got this thing that connects the VCR to the computer, but that's a headache I don't feel like explaining right now (shows video, but no sound, and idk why).

What adapters/programs are best for this, what would you recommend, and any tips and advice would be very great.

And yeah, I'm willing to buy anything off of Amazon or ebay.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:39 PM   #2
Mister J
Say 'Gorgonzola'!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: VHS to DVD (or Video Format)

Personally, I only had experience with commercial outlets performing this service, but that was kinda pricey even with a big promo that I had.

I'll mention this just because I saw it referenced so much on Twitter with Prime Day... of course, people were lamenting who would need such a thing, but hey, if it helps you out.

http://www.amazon.com/Honestech-VHS-...dp_ob_title_sw

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:00 AM   #3
ComicChick
Dancin in the Street Yall
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
We got a lot of home movies we recorded in the 90's, and we want to preserve them by putting them on (up to date) DVD's, or better yet making them video files stored on several flash drives and hard disks.

We got this thing that connects the VCR to the computer, but that's a headache I don't feel like explaining right now (shows video, but no sound, and idk why).

What adapters/programs are best for this, what would you recommend, and any tips and advice would be very great.

And yeah, I'm willing to buy anything off of Amazon or ebay.
i had one of those connect to computer things like you and it was more pain than it was worth. half the time it'd stop recording in the middle of the tape and say Copywritten, not allowed or something like that. and it was a frickin home movie birthday party lol

i have a Funai VHS to DVD converter, which i paid about $140 for earlier this year and it was worth every penny. i recently upgraded all my aunt's old small camcorder tapes to DVD for her and she was very happy. made custom cases to boot as well

i'd also recommend you contacting C.Lee about this as he has done this a lot, or at least has a lot of stuff he's recorded

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall

The Official July Fan Art Contest *Win Prizes*
The Theme: Intergalactic!
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:01 AM   #4
ComicChick
Dancin in the Street Yall
SHH! Global Moderator

btw, i think this is the one i have. i got it when it was on sale or something

http://www.amazon.com/Funai-ZV427FX4...o+dvd+recorder

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall

The Official July Fan Art Contest *Win Prizes*
The Theme: Intergalactic!
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote