The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 11:43 PM   #1
XIceman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: East Stroudsburg PA
Posts: 116
Default The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

Something caught my attention is this latest episode... When Raina is saying she knows something about Skye.. And that she is "the same as her" or whatever the exact line was ...

I feel like there's a good possibility they can both be mutants ..

Now , neither one has shown any form of a power thus far .. However, with the introduction of QS and SW in AAoU .. And the recent renewal for a season 2 .. They could very well be opening the doors to include Mutants in the series ..

Aside from the serum that healed Skye .. What else could have interested Raina about her Blood ??

Just an idea ... Could be totally wrong .. But just because they haven't shown any "abilities" yet ... Doesn't mean they will not in the future ..

Think about it .. The writers most likely want to continue to incorporate elements of the films into the show .. With the intro of mutants coming next year ... This is a perfect way to bring something fresh into the show and continue to expand the MCU.

I browsed through the first page of threads and didn't see this mentioned but I do apologize if it is on here somewhere already ...

XIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:56 PM   #2
Mr. Youtube
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere in Canuckland
Posts: 254
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIceman View Post
Something caught my attention is this latest episode... When Raina is saying she knows something about Skye.. And that she is "the same as her" or whatever the exact line was ...

I feel like there's a good possibility they can both be mutants ..

Now , neither one has shown any form of a power thus far .. However, with the introduction of QS and SW in AAoU .. And the recent renewal for a season 2 .. They could very well be opening the doors to include Mutants in the series ..

Aside from the serum that healed Skye .. What else could have interested Raina about her Blood ??

Just an idea ... Could be totally wrong .. But just because they haven't shown any "abilities" yet ... Doesn't mean they will not in the future ..

Think about it .. The writers most likely want to continue to incorporate elements of the films into the show .. With the intro of mutants coming next year ... This is a perfect way to bring something fresh into the show and continue to expand the MCU.

I browsed through the first page of threads and didn't see this mentioned but I do apologize if it is on here somewhere already ...
They aren't mutants, if they were, they would also be known as lawsuits.

Mr. Youtube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:06 AM   #3
Octavias
Mad Insomniac
 
Octavias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Well, you know where the pinnicle of perfection is
Posts: 3,029
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

MCU isn't allowed Mutants, but is allowed aliens and inhumans and Olympians and asguardians and the Panthelon...

__________________
Isnt it past your bedtime?
Octavias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:25 AM   #4
ericadawn16
Side-Kick
 
ericadawn16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 574
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

Yeah, I thought we were all under the assumption that those two were Inhumans?
Skye didn't react adversely to Kree blood and she looks human while her parents were described as "monsters" which sounds like they had mutated due to the Terrigen Mists.

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:27 AM   #5
Anubis
Sup?
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nile Delta
Posts: 68,499
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

That makes sense.

__________________
Quote:
"Great, now I have to take over a whole planet because of your stupid boobs."
-Rick from Rick and Morty

H.E.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:29 AM   #6
Jasyn
Agent of F.U.B.A.R.
 
Jasyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Stafford, VA, USA
Posts: 341
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

Before everyone continues to throw down the "no mutants" card on XIceman, I am pretty sure that CA:TWS soldier established at the end that those born with special powers are going to be referred to as "Miracles" - ie Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver, and before you say no to that, Strucker's Hydra cell (or whatever) did not give them their powers.



You are also forgetting a once met AOS magician that took the name "SCORCH" who was BORN with special abilities (dude is probably not dead, a Season 2 return maybe?).




(EDIT): "SCORCH" who was BORN with special abilities (Possibly need to remove my foot from my mouth. My bad. It is apparently alleged in AOS that proximity to a nuke plant's fire is the likely cause of his powers, but not confirmed to date by AOS.)


Last edited by Jasyn; 05-09-2014 at 01:57 AM.
Jasyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:46 AM   #7
Anubis
Sup?
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nile Delta
Posts: 68,499
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

Didn't they say he didn't get his power until after a nuclear accident in his province?

Plus, you don't know whether Wanda or Pietro got their powers from Hydra or not. They didn't say.

__________________
Quote:
"Great, now I have to take over a whole planet because of your stupid boobs."
-Rick from Rick and Morty

H.E.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:29 AM   #8
Jasyn
Agent of F.U.B.A.R.
 
Jasyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Stafford, VA, USA
Posts: 341
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Didn't they say he didn't get his power until after a nuclear accident in his province?

Plus, you don't know whether Wanda or Pietro got their powers from Hydra or not. They didn't say.

1. For Scorch - OK thanks, I'll have to re-watch for that. I remember it differently.

2. For the Twins - I agree that MCU origin of powers has not and will not be shown until AOU releases next summer. But doesn't it seem highly unlikely that Hydra possessing Loki's staff and maybe some other hoodoo voodoo, can all of a sudden start handing out super-powers? I came away from watching that teaser in TWS with the understanding that Hydra experimented on special people, "Miracles", in a similar way that SHIELD/HYDRA enhanced (non-mutant) prisoner Blackout in AOS.


Last edited by Jasyn; 05-09-2014 at 01:49 AM.
Jasyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:09 AM   #9
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!
 
hoy-small-fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: On your left
Posts: 2,244
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

My understanding from TWS stinger was that Strucker was tinkering with Loki's sceptre and influenced the twin's mental abilities in the same way Loki influenced Hawkeye etc. So they're not mutants per se, but reactants of the sceptre/mind gem

__________________
"What exactly are you a Professor of Mr Logan?"
"Art"

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:42 AM   #10
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme
 
R_Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: vienna, austria (europe) 6.784 km east of new york
Posts: 8,043
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

Strucker saying they are entering an age of miracles does NOT mean that mutants will be called miracles in the MCU

__________________
It wasn't Marvel Studios that made me a Marvel Zombie, it was every other movie studio failing at making superhero movies as good as them!
------------------------------


ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic


R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:29 AM   #11
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,044
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

I think the gist of Strucker's words in the stinger scene is that HYDRA is building an army of supervillains, while the Avengers will build an army of superheroes.

After all, isn't this what the MCU is all about...bringing the actual Marvel comics universe to life?

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:31 AM   #12
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 10,680
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

Regarding Scorch, they said that he manifested powers some time after a nuclear accident near-ish by, but nobody else showed any changes, and they were clearly dubious over whether it was actually connected.

As for mutants, remember, its not "naturally occurring superhumans" or "genetic superhumans" that are off limits. The *only* thing they can't use is the word "mutant" itself, or any of the characters in the X-Men contract. As long as they use another name, they can throw as many natural superhumans on the show as they want.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #13
Eddie
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,394
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Regarding Scorch, they said that he manifested powers some time after a nuclear accident near-ish by, but nobody else showed any changes, and they were clearly dubious over whether it was actually connected.

As for mutants, remember, its not "naturally occurring superhumans" or "genetic superhumans" that are off limits. The *only* thing they can't use is the word "mutant" itself, or any of the characters in the X-Men contract. As long as they use another name, they can throw as many natural superhumans on the show as they want.
Also, Raina was interested in Scorch. We now know that Raina is interested in people that are born different. It's very likely that MCU Scorch (like 616 Scorch) is a mutant. As you said, Marvel Studios can use mutants as long as they don't call them that. I think that this will definitely set up MCU lawyer friendly "mutants", and more power to 'em. Marvel has a ton of mutant characters that aren't tied into the X-Men rights at all. It's kinda screwed up that Fox can block a word that predates the Marvel Universe in general.

Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #14
OriginalMiles
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 8,637
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

Maybe their gonna replace mutants with Latent Supers.

People born with powers but don't get them till adult hood.

Basically Mutants but instead of Adolescence, Adulthood.

OriginalMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:06 PM   #15
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 12,569
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

In the latest clip from AoS Raina finally asks Garrett, "What will I become? ". Can she be referring to the terragin mist or the mcu version of it?

__________________
BLACK PANTHER
****February 16, 2018****

Twitter- @mrpink13
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:35 PM   #16
Zarex
Side-Kick
 
Zarex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,722
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

The word that is tossed around most consistently on AOS is "gifted", which is the de facto replacement for mutants in the MCU. If Kree experimentation (Terrigen mist?) is bringing out these gifts we will likely hear about it in GOTG.

Zarex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:39 PM   #17
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,044
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

I think it's likely that Skye and Raina have connections to the Inhumans, or at the very least the Kree. (Or maybe even their enemies, the Skrulls, if Marvel Studios finally plays *that* card). But I don't think the suggestion here is that Terrigen Mists are the source of the "Age of Miracles." I think the Age of Miracles is a more generic birth of superheroes and supervillains en masse, a la "Heroes" or X-Men movies. Anything goes; superpowers, just like in Marvel Comics, won't come from a singular source.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:49 PM   #18
The Shrike
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 661
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

If humans are Eternal DNA spliced with that of Cro-Magnons, then instead of mutation, it would be an alteration.

The Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:55 AM   #19
Heretic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit needs heroes
Posts: 11,674
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

My guess is that whatever they are (probably the result of Kree screwing around with human genetics) then their powers are latent and must be triggered by something. More than likely there are going to be several ways of triggering it.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #20
Eddie
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,394
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
My guess is that whatever they are (probably the result of Kree screwing around with human genetics) then their powers are latent and must be triggered by something. More than likely there are going to be several ways of triggering it.
Iron Man 3 implied that everyone is a latent super. The Extremis formula was one way to fill the unused brain slot that everyone has. Just throwing that out there.

Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:07 PM   #21
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick
 
Mike Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The other Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 8,819
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
The word that is tossed around most consistently on AOS is "gifted", which is the de facto replacement for mutants in the MCU. If Kree experimentation (Terrigen mist?) is bringing out these gifts we will likely hear about it in GOTG.
We probably won't hear about it in GotG. I think there's enough going on as is. We will hear about the Kree, but I don't think much about the Kree's relationship with humans. However, it is the kind of thing you would expect to be saved for an Inhumans movie.

However, I am getting the impression that Skye is an Inhuman. Raina might be as well, although she seems closer to the traditional "mutant."

__________________
Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #22
The Shrike
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 661
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
Iron Man 3 implied that everyone is a latent super. The Extremis formula was one way to fill the unused brain slot that everyone has. Just throwing that out there.
What I find interesting about the Earth 616 extremis is how a cocoon formed around the host after exposure. That's remarkably similar to what happens after exposure to Terrigen Mists.

The Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:06 AM   #23
XIceman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: East Stroudsburg PA
Posts: 116
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

After watching the end of the season and hearing about the "darkness in Skye" and yada yada ... I'm thinking that this theory might be right on par ... It would be cool too see mutants (even though they won't be called mutants) in the series ...

XIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:20 AM   #24
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick
 
Mike Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The other Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 8,819
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

I'm thinking the Inhumans will begin to play a role. That being said, Inhumans aren't Mutants and I think treating them as interchangeable does a disservice to the Inhumans. They should play up the Kree connection, etc., not downplay it.

__________________
Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #25
seahammer
Asgardian
 
seahammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Navigating the Sea of Space
Posts: 2,076
Default Re: The Age of "Miracles" AKA Mutants

^ I agree with all parts of this post.

I think that you can't have the Inhumans without Terrigenesis, and hopefully they won't try to have them without their Kree heritage, either. I see how they could "stand in" for mutants, but they should not be treated as the exact same thing.

__________________
The World Still Needs Heroes

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch or how I would use Beta Ray Bill in the MCU

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch or my Son of Asgard flashback style Netflix pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.