The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agent Carter

Old 09-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #101
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Marvel Readying 'Agent Carter' Series!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Speaking of which, what is the status of AKA Jessica Jones?
It's dead. According to Loeb, irrevocably so, though if the Whedon team wanted to develop it they could have it to pilot in a couple of months. The woman Loeb hired to write the pilot script left the project and worked on the short-lived Red Widow instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Maybe they should introduce Agent Carter in an episode of AoS which would serve as the backdoor pilot. It could be a flashback episode, even though really, Peggy has had her pilot in CA:TFA and the one shot.
That is exactly what I think will happen. ABC is said to be readying Agent Carter for pilot early next year, which is exactly the schedule they had for Agents of SHIELD. The completed pilot could air later in AOS's season, perhaps to tie-in with CA:TWS and Peggy's appearance in it.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #102
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Just found out that Jenna Coleman had a cameo in CA:TFA:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Would anyone like to see her character, and maybe Natalie Dormer's return for the Agent Carter series? Perhaps they could expand upon it.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #103
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Just found out that Jenna Coleman had a cameo in CA:TFA:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Would anyone like to see her character, and maybe Natalie Dormer's return for the Agent Carter series? Perhaps they could expand upon it.

She was Bucky's date for the Expo? Dunno, they could expand on it, but it doesn't have a lot of backstory attached to it. But maybe Coleman and/or Dormer could get new roles during the Cold War.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #104
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
She was Bucky's date for the Expo? Dunno, they could expand on it, but it doesn't have a lot of backstory attached to it. But maybe Coleman and/or Dormer could get new roles during the Cold War.
Well that's exactly why they could expand on those two. They're like blank slates. They could become anything the writers wanted them to be, and it would be an excuse to bring back those two actresses. Maybe Jenna Coleman could encounter Karen Gillan's Nebula in some strange time travel story.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #105
Silvermoth
Avenger

To be honest with a fairly small cameo like that I reckon they would just cast them as another character if they wanted to and not even mention it similar to how Karen appeared in a doctor who episode long before she played Amy pond.

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:11 AM   #106
fixxxer
Side-Kick

I think Agent Carter would work perfectly as a mini-series. Think something like the recently concluded Mob City by Frank Darabont on TNT. Take it 6 episodes at a time, and bring it back on a yearly basis if they believe they have more stories to tell. Stretching it out to 23/24 episodes per year might stretch it too thin from a storytelling perspective.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:26 AM   #107
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Yeah, they can only do so many episodes about finding Nazis in South America and bringing them to justice.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:21 PM   #108
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I wonder who Peggy will end up having a romance with, since all is lost with Steve.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #109
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
I wonder who Peggy will end up having a romance with, since all is lost with Steve.
Howard Stark is an obvious choice, at least until Maria comes into the picture. I wouldn't mind seeing her hook up with Dum-Dum Dugan, to get him a lot more screentime.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #110
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Didn't Peggy fall in love with Gabe Jones in the comics? Obviously that would not happen on this show due to the time period (right after World War II, where such a relationship is blasphemy).

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 12-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #111
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
It's dead. According to Loeb, irrevocably so, though if the Whedon team wanted to develop it they could have it to pilot in a couple of months. The woman Loeb hired to write the pilot script left the project and worked on the short-lived Red Widow instead.

That is exactly what I think will happen. ABC is said to be readying Agent Carter for pilot early next year, which is exactly the schedule they had for Agents of SHIELD. The completed pilot could air later in AOS's season, perhaps to tie-in with CA:TWS and Peggy's appearance in it.
Well, Marvel has that deal with Netflix know and Jessica Jones is one of the five shows being produced, AND Melissa Rosenberg is apparently the showrunner. So it's likely that this new show is AKA JJ, just on a different network and probably more "adult."

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #112
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Didn't Peggy fall in love with Gabe Jones in the comics? Obviously that would not happen on this show due to the time period (right after World War II, where such a relationship is blasphemy).
Peggy's entire role in TFA would have been blasphemy if it were actually WWII times, as would the multi-ethnic/racial Howling Commandos that Steve lead. So I'm not seeing the problem with an interracial romance since Marvel has already shown it's willingness to bend history if it thinks that it will help their story.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #113
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Well, Neil McDonough said he would love to play Dum Dum again.

They also need to mix up the storylines. They cannot have every episode of Peggy and the Commandos chasing Russian Spies or ex-Nazis all of the time.

Old 12-30-2013, 03:41 AM   #114
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm on board with a Peggy-Gabe relationship down the road if this series comes about. I think the fact that an interracial relationship was frowned upon at the time might add to the sense of gravitas and stakes surrounding said relationship, and them having to keep it a secret from the not-so-progressive members of society.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #115
Loki882
Side-Kick

True, but I have a feeling like Peggy's inner-circle (Phillips, Howard Stark, and the other Howling Commandos) wouldn't have those same prejudices.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #116
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Honestly, I'm interested in seeing Hydra get co-opted by the Soviet Union after the war to allow for some good old-fashioned 50 spy vs. spy thing. The only part that concerns me is that Baron Von Strucker is already in Avengers 2 when he'd be the obvious villain. Then again, Heinrich Zemo could fill that void. That and show that he has a young infant son.

I also want to see Nick Fury Sr.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:54 AM   #117
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
True, but I have a feeling like Peggy's inner-circle (Phillips, Howard Stark, and the other Howling Commandos) wouldn't have those same prejudices.
Yeah, and I don't really see ABC trying to make it an issue. If they try to do a Peggy-Gabe relationship, it will probably not be regarded as big a deal in the fictional MCU as it would've been in the real-world apartheid America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Honestly, I'm interested in seeing Hydra get co-opted by the Soviet Union after the war to allow for some good old-fashioned 50 spy vs. spy thing. The only part that concerns me is that Baron Von Strucker is already in Avengers 2 when he'd be the obvious villain. Then again, Heinrich Zemo could fill that void. That and show that he has a young infant son.

I also want to see Nick Fury Sr.

Von Strucker could still easily head up HYDRA; it just won't be the same one that's rumored to show up in AOU. And there's a damn good excuse for it, too....the AOU Von Strucker will almost certainly be a grandson of the namesake, instead of a WWII contemporary of Cap.

Peggy (and Steve) could battle WWII/Cold War-era Von Strucker; the modern Avengers will battle his grandson. The HYDRA leadership could be a hereditary position.

Old 01-03-2014, 04:59 AM   #118
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

The british tabloid The Mirror is reporting that Hayley Atwell has started to work in a Agent Carter TV show. The Mirror's source says that: “This is a massive deal for both Hayley and Marvel comic fans."

The Mirror's source continued: “I think Marvel probably take that very seriously, and it’s certainly something I would be a part of doing. I’d be interested to show different sides of Peggy. Although she’s kick-ass, and she can be aggressive and just as competent as the men, it’d be nice to show that she’s a feminist in a way.It’s not just about her being aggressive and as aggressive as the men in those action sequences, but being able to be a little bit more rounded as a person.”

HunBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #119
Loki882
Side-Kick

It's the Mirror, so their credibility is "suspect" at best. Still, I hope that it is true.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:47 AM   #120
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
The british tabloid The Mirror is reporting that Hayley Atwell has started to work in a Agent Carter TV show. The Mirror's source says that: This is a massive deal for both Hayley and Marvel comic fans."

The Mirror's source continued: I think Marvel probably take that very seriously, and its certainly something I would be a part of doing. Id be interested to show different sides of Peggy. Although shes kick-ass, and she can be aggressive and just as competent as the men, itd be nice to show that shes a feminist in a way.Its not just about her being aggressive and as aggressive as the men in those action sequences, but being able to be a little bit more rounded as a person.

I don't think Ms. Atwell could be more "rounded" if she tried.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #121
CaptainCraig
Side-Kick

Will be following this closely.
I think a cable show, 13 episodes, tightly scripted would be a great idea of an Agent Carter show.

Old 01-04-2014, 09:52 PM   #122
Chance Jackson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post

Jeezuz Christ.... Do want!

Chance Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:21 PM   #123
Loki882
Side-Kick

Remember her red dress from TFA, WOW!!

Old 01-16-2014, 10:39 PM   #124
SHIELDtv
Level 8 S.H.I.E.L.D Agent

I was curious to know what people were saying about the Agent Carter and it's been really interesting to see the discussion going on pre- the Netflix announcement. Looks like most people in this thread will be getting what they wanted in one way or another! I guess that's a good thing. Personally the Agent Carter series appeals to me more than the netflix series but then I won't really know about them till I see something. Agent Carter is easier to get my head around because of the one-shot.

For those not up to date with the info see http://agentcarter.net (Disclaimer: I do have associations with this site)

SHIELDtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:54 PM   #125
Loki882
Side-Kick

The Netflix series appeal to me because it's lesser-known character getting their chance to shine when they'd probably not get movies, at least not anytime soon. Also, I'm hoping for a darker and grittier tone, given who the characters are and the fact that it's on Netflix (where they can get away with more stuff). Agent Carter appeals to me because of the Cold War aesthetic, the fact that it would have a female lead, and because Hayley Atwell is awesome.