The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #101
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
No, guy rumored as vulture who runs Ravenkroft. Im on my phone half asleep in bed lol. Or else id lookhis name up #lazy
Oh, you mean Colm Feore? I really don't think he would make a good Silvermane... just doesn't look the part.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 09-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #102
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
The issue with Sandman being Uncle Ben's real killer isn't so much that he is connected to Peter on a personal level, but the fact that Peter isn't really as directly responsible for his Uncle's death anymore. Now he let a bad guy get away who ended up running into his partner, making him accidentally pull the trigger. Kind of ruins the whole "with great power comes great responsibility" speech that Uncle Ben taught him.
Well yes. But for me the fact that yet another villain had to very deeply routed in peter parkers life greatly pissed me off. Not only is it unrealistic but its also poor story telling. Yes his best villains usually effect both sides of his life but the fact that they're not all personal is what sets them all apart Ock and Sandman should have been simply men who were given great power and acted irrisponsibly not had emotional parker ties. Ironically Connor is the in that should have been deeply emotional and was not...

It just kinda got ridiculous in the raimi films that nearly every person peter parker meets becomes a villain.... Or any villain he meets is tied into peters personal life... Its far too unrealistic. Its like they were trying to make every villain be on goblins level... And some simply arnt nor should be.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 09-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #103
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Oh, you mean Colm Feore? I really don't think he would make a good Silvermane... just doesn't look the part.

Feore doesn't look too far off imo... He's just younger they wouldnt cast a frail 80 year old in the role either lol. for that matter he looks nothing like vulture either. But..... Lets also not forget that harry in this film also looks nothing like classic harry either..... We art getting carbon copy translations...

Im even starting to think Rhino will just be a generic exoskeleton mech with no actual rhino features

[=]
Old 09-19-2013, 11:56 PM   #104
Picard Sisko

Its been confirmed that Rhino will have a horn, so there's that.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 09-20-2013, 12:57 AM   #105
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Feore doesn't look too far off imo... He's just younger they wouldnt cast a frail 80 year old in the role either lol. for that matter he looks nothing like vulture either. But..... Lets also not forget that harry in this film also looks nothing like classic harry either..... We art getting carbon copy translations...

Im even starting to think Rhino will just be a generic exoskeleton mech with no actual rhino features
He actually does look alot like Toomes, which is why most predicted that he would be playing him, prior to the reports coming out that he would.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 09-20-2013, 07:39 AM   #106
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Its been confirmed that Rhino will have a horn, so there's that.
That's good news then. !

[=]
Old 09-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #107
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
He actually does look alot like Toomes, which is why most predicted that he would be playing him, prior to the reports coming out that he would.
My point is that he looks no where near the same age as toomes does in the comics nor does is he completely bald either.

The only thing vulture Luke about him is he is bald (on top) and sorta has a vulture nose and body type.... And it doesn't mean he can only be toomes

[=]
Old 09-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #108
Picard Sisko

Quote:
That's good news then. !
I'm trying to find the link but I can't!

But I believe it was Marc Webb who confirmed it.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #109
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Or in SM 3 when he got smashed by Sandman like a dozen times during the final fight, but was fine a few minutes later. Or the beating he took at the hands of the GG in SM 1, but recovered rather quickly.
The Raimi trilogy was very unrealistic compared to TASM.

Quote:
I think it was handled better than the raimi 1 goblin part . But it was still the weakest part in the film for me
I agree but I didn't like the cheesy dialogue in that scene.

Quote:
Swinging on buildings would have been harder for him considering he was shot in the leg. There is nothing confusing about the scene at all.
How?

Quote:
The swinging is more realistic in TASM. Anyways I'm not going to try and convince you.
I agree but some of his movements during the final swing were very unrealistic imo.

Quote:
Well yes. But for me the fact that yet another villain had to very deeply routed in peter parkers life greatly pissed me off. Not only is it unrealistic but its also poor story telling. Yes his best villains usually effect both sides of his life but the fact that they're not all personal is what sets them all apart Ock and Sandman should have been simply men who were given great power and acted irrisponsibly not had emotional parker ties. Ironically Connor is the in that should have been deeply emotional and was not...

It just kinda got ridiculous in the raimi films that nearly every person peter parker meets becomes a villain.... Or any villain he meets is tied into peters personal life... Its far too unrealistic. Its like they were trying to make every villain be on goblins level... And some simply arnt nor should be.
SM3 was a mess without a doubt, still was an entertaining movie for me.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #110
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
How?
Did you not read my other posts? Here is what I said:

"Spider-Man does have to use his legs when swinging, he doesn't just let them hang while he uses his arms... and going in a straight line would simplify it for him. When swinging on buildings (which are pretty far apart from each other), he has to swerve back and forth/left and right, which is much more complicated and probably requires more strength than swinging straight through NYC from point A to point B.

The pain from being shot in the leg most likely weakened him overall as well."

Quote:
I agree but some of his movements during the final swing were very unrealistic imo.
Well swinging from webs is unrealistic altogether so you can't expect everything to be 100%

Old 09-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #111
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

do you think sony will take a risk with TS6 after SM3?

Old 09-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #112
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingly atiba View Post
do you think sony will take a risk with TS6 after SM3?
It seems that way.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #113
JOE

No guts no glory. Besides, SM3 made a pile of money.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 09-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #114
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan117 View Post
I do want to backtrack/get off topic a little bit though. When is Spider-man's healing ability first blatantly described in the comics? I know it's not within the first few issues. Shikamaru, you said it goes back to the sixties, but is there a particular issue?
It's not. It's sometimes implied that he heals faster than a normal human being (when it's convenient to the story of course). But never any mention of a proper "healing factor".

Quote:
I don't think he really has a "healing factor," but he can heal faster than normal human beings, that's for sure.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #115
Picard Sisko

If he had a healing factor similar to Wolverine, then that would make his character less interesting IMO. Part of what makes Spider-Man a great character is how vulnerable he is; seeing him push himself no matter how big the struggle is quite empowering.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #116
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Quote:
If he had a healing factor similar to Wolverine, then that would make his character less interesting IMO. Part of what makes Spider-Man a great character is how vulnerable he is; seeing him push himself no matter how big the struggle is quite empowering.
Yes. He's got amazing abilities and powers, but he's still pretty vulnerable. Makes for great drama. He's one of the ultimate "underdog" heroes.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #117
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
How?
ASM very clearly showed how Peter was using the buildings as a way to run along and jump off from to gain momentum. He then gets electrocuted, falls a distance that would most likely kill someone, then gets shot in the leg. He's wounded. And after the run in with Stacy, it's clearly shown that his injuries are affecting him. Peter has trouble swinging cause he can't push off from the walls, and he's even having trouble jumping and clinging to surfaces. The cranes gave him the ability to swing in a straight line all the way to Oscorp in a free uninhibited manner so that he didn't have to use his legs in the way he was before.

Peter needed an adrenaline rush and a mental edge to overcome the pain and he got both of those things. That's how he was able to perform against the Lizard for so long. But...as we saw, his injuries overcame and the Lizard proved to be too much for him. Luckily Capt Stacy showed up. And as I've said before, he's still very much wounded and in pain--cause we see him limping thru his front door to Aunt May and he can barely stand.

Hasn't anyone ever been in pain and worked thru it? We see athletes do this all the time. I've even done it several times at work. I know others can think of examples of their own to reference.

Edit: And sure, comic book Spider-Man and even Raimi Spider-Man could swing all day like it was nothing. In ASM Peter has only had his powers for a relatively short amount of time and they are growing. We saw a progression of his powers throughout the movie which is something I truly enjoyed and we'll continue to see this in the sequels. Besides, web swinging should be like anything else--there's a learning curve. He has to practice to get better at it. He'll be better at swinging in the sequel I'm sure. But I give credit to Webb and co for bringing about these types of realistic ideas.

Last edited by UltimateWebhead; 09-20-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #118
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Did you not read my other posts? Here is what I said:

"Spider-Man does have to use his legs when swinging, he doesn't just let them hang while he uses his arms... and going in a straight line would simplify it for him. When swinging on buildings (which are pretty far apart from each other), he has to swerve back and forth/left and right, which is much more complicated and probably requires more strength than swinging straight through NYC from point A to point B.

The pain from being shot in the leg most likely weakened him overall as well."

Well swinging from webs is unrealistic altogether so you can't expect everything to be 100%
But how come he was doing flying kicks and what not against the lizard? That's what baffles me.

Quote:
It seems that way.
Do you think Marc Webb will direct all 6 films?? I just have a feeling he will stop at the 3rd movie and let someone else continue from where he left off.

Quote:
Agreed.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #119
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

the avengers has shown us you can have alot of heroes together in a film if its written well, so the sininster 6 with several villains could work if done right, it doesn't have to be SM3 everytime there is more then 1 or 2 villains

i know many will say that the avengers had josh whedon so obviously he can make anything work but it doesn't mean with the right script webb couldn't make it work also

i mean whedon is now gonna do the avengers 2 with mostly the same characters (except loki) with a new villian and quicksilver and scarlet witch aswell as probably 1 or 2 more

Old 09-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #120
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
ASM very clearly showed how Peter was using the buildings as a way to run along and jump off from to gain momentum. He then gets electrocuted, falls a distance that would most likely kill someone, then gets shot in the leg. He's wounded. And after the run in with Stacy, it's clearly shown that his injuries are affecting him. Peter has trouble swinging cause he can't push off from the walls, and he's even having trouble jumping and clinging to surfaces. The cranes gave him the ability to swing in a straight line all the way to Oscorp in a free uninhibited manner so that he didn't have to use his legs in the way he was before.

Peter needed an adrenaline rush and a mental edge to overcome the pain and he got both of those things. That's how he was able to perform against the Lizard for so long. But...as we saw, his injuries overcame and the Lizard proved to be too much for him. Luckily Capt Stacy showed up. And as I've said before, he's still very much wounded and in pain--cause we see him limping thru his front door to Aunt May and he can barely stand.

Hasn't anyone ever been in pain and worked thru it? We see athletes do this all the time. I've even done it several times at work. I know others can think of examples of their own to reference.

Edit: And sure, comic book Spider-Man and even Raimi Spider-Man could swing all day like it was nothing. In ASM Peter has only had his powers for a relatively short amount of time and they are growing. We saw a progression of his powers throughout the movie which is something I truly enjoyed and we'll continue to see this in the sequels. Besides, web swinging should be like anything else--there's a learning curve. He has to practice to get better at it. He'll be better at swinging in the sequel I'm sure. But I give credit to Webb and co for bringing about these types of realistic ideas.
Because those were smaller buildings and he wasn't high enough to swing properly, that's why he was running along side them whilst holding onto a web.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #121
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:

Do you think Marc Webb will direct all 6 films?? I just have a feeling he will stop at the 3rd movie and let someone else continue from where he left off.
webb seems to be more onboard with this franchise and willing to extend it then what raimi did, and i think he is the one whose got this all planned out so i think he will direct TASM4 unless something unables him too in which case i think he will be producer and if the next 2 do well i think sony will want to get him back also

i don't think he will direct 6 films, i doubt they have any plans beyond TASM4 right now

Old 09-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #122
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
the avengers has shown us you can have alot of heroes together in a film if its written well, so the sininster 6 with several villains could work if done right, it doesn't have to be SM3 everytime there is more then 1 or 2 villains

i know many will say that the avengers had josh whedon so obviously he can make anything work but it doesn't mean with the right script webb couldn't make it work also

i mean whedon is now gonna do the avengers 2 with mostly the same characters (except loki) with a new villian and quicksilver and scarlet witch aswell as probably 1 or 2 more
Thing is, Whedon is known for handling ensemble casts, that's one of the reasons why he was picked as the director for the Avengers. Nonetheless, I hope Webb pulls it off if he's the one directing that film.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #123
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
webb seems to be more onboard with this franchise and willing to extend it then what raimi did, and i think he is the one whose got this all planned out so i think he will direct TASM4 unless something unables him too in which case i think he will be producer and if the next 2 do well i think sony will want to get him back also

i don't think he will direct 6 films, i doubt they have any plans beyond TASM4 right now
Well let's hope Sony stays hands off with this franchise or we'll end up with SM3 again.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #124
Picard Sisko

Quote:
But how come he was doing flying kicks and what not against the lizard? That's what baffles me.
We can assume he had some kind of an adrenaline rush when fighting the Lizard. He was in danger, so maybe he was able to push himself at that point. To me, THAT is the flaw, but its also just a movie so I think its best not to think too much into it.

Quote:
I doubt he will. We were lucky enough to get him back for TASM2 (he had a contract to direct a few movies with Fox), so I think we are taking it one movie at a time. But he is mapping out a Spider-Man film series for Sony, so its possible he could come back to produce. Same with JJ Abrams producing Star Trek 3 or Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol but not returning as director.

Quote:
Thing is, Whedon is known for handling ensemble casts, that's one of the reasons why he was picked as the director for the Avengers. Nonetheless, I hope Webb pulls it off if he's the one directing that film.
But once again, The Avengers didn't have much of a story or character development IMO. You started to see Captain America act as a leader, and we learned more about how Bruce Banner can control the Hulk (which was handled poorly if you ask me), so I don't think TA is as perfect as fans make it sound. However, since a movie dealing with the Sinister Six would have an ensemble of villains, you don't need as much character development as you would in The Avengers. I feel like by the time that film comes out, Marc Webb would have left already and someone else would have taken over.

I doubt we would ever see Joss Whedon take over since he is probably dedicated to the MCU films at this point, but it would be cool to see what he could do with the Sinister Six. Anyone have any directors in mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Yes. He's got amazing abilities and powers, but he's still pretty vulnerable. Makes for great drama. He's one of the ultimate "underdog" heroes.
Agreed. You know he is special when you would root over him/her over the "big shots" like Iron Man or Thor.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #125
Picard Sisko

I still want to see JJ Abrams make a Spider-Man film one day.

Closed Thread