The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Old 10-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Default Mysterio Thread

Who should play him?

Whats he going to look like?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
DerSpider-Boy
T.u.f.k.a. Goran

Default Re: Mysterio Thread

I've always imagined his suit to be a green mo-cap-suit, with dots and a familiar pattern all over it... similar to this suit Mark Ruffalo wore for his transformation into the Hulk: http://www.moviecitizens.com/wp-cont...45315705-4.jpe

Kaya Scodelario for Mary Jane Watson!!
DerSpider-Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
The Villain
Side-Kick

Well thanks to Spock's lava suit in Star Trek Into Darkness I put my idea in motion a few months back.

Mysterio if used by Webb I would imagine would be along the Ultimate style as he states in past interview "later stuff" as Mysterio storys go.

For me I would love the dome to stay but as a compromise to classic and ulitmate version I still think a version of the lava suit with added cape would be just the ticket. I'd like to know your thoughts about the picture posted below.

As for actor to play Beck If Massee is infact Mysterio in the making I'd stay with him however my choice for Mysterio has alway's been Spock star Zachary Quinto. Others include Damian Lewis & Gary Sinese.

Last edited by The Villain; 10-06-2013 at 12:23 PM.
The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
Super Jim
Side-Kick

My opinion is that the only way this character would work is if he's a real life illusionist that turned to a life of crime. As such he should just look human, meaning no fishbowl.

But, that doesn't mean he couldn't use smoke as a means to distract others. And this could be worked in to the suit.

At the same time, as a nod to the whole fish bowl thing, why not have him performing some underwater trick where he uses an air breathing helmet. Again, just as a nod.

Oh, the two eye thingees attaching the cape is a must!

Last edited by Super Jim; 10-10-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #5
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I think Bennedict Cummberbatch should play him...

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 10-10-2013, 04:30 AM   #6
Morbius
Living Vampire

Cillian Murphy! It's all about the Irish

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #7
The Villain
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
Cillian Murphy! It's all about the Irish
Nice pick. If say Scarecrow was ever a big villain in future Batman films would you not kind of hope Cillian would be up for playing him again?

Mysterio & Scarecrow quite similar despite the costumes?

Old 10-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
Oscorp
Side-Kick

I'd like the suit to be a mix of Ultimate (the robot, that is) and 616. I'd definitely keep the iconic dome. I'd prefer his face not to be visible in it, but smoke effects instead like in most of the comics. I'd also keep the cape and "eyes" on the suit.

As for the actor, that's a tough one. Cumberbatch's voice would be perfect, but I'm getting kinda sick of seeing him suggested for every role out there nowadays.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #9
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ Smoke effects, yes... Cape and eyes, most definitely... But the iconic dome would not work in this adaption. Don't you think that would come off a bit campy?

Maybe I could see him using the "bowl" to keep the smoke contained in order to hide his identity. He could use an oxygen tank in order to breath within the smoke. I guess if done that way it would come off less campy.

Of course we're having all of this discussion about a character that is not likely to be seen in the next two movies. I know that most feel that a Sinister Six movie needs to include Mysterio, but the evidence does not support that liklihood.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:46 AM   #10
Supa
Side-Kick

They should structure Mysterio's helmet like an astronaut's, maybe go the Spider-Man 2 route and have him claim to be an alien. We get the dome, and it's justified too!

Supa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:07 AM   #11
PSYLENTGuardian
El Pollos Hermano

Back when Jim Carrey was rumored to be in ASM2, I was hoping he'd be Quentin Beck, although pre-Mysterio. I can picture Carrey taking on that kind of theatrical role in the future.

PSYLENTGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #12
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I like this design

Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 10-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #13
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

A literal translation would be too ridiculous. Especially since it already looks lame in the comics. Just like Goblin in his original outfit.

If they ever use him for a Movie, I hope they look at Halo when it comes to the helmet design. I think that's the only way you can make the fishbowl work.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #14
The Villain
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
A literal translation would be too ridiculous. Especially since it already looks lame in the comics. Just like Goblin in his original outfit.

If they ever use him for a Movie, I hope they look at Halo when it comes to the helmet design. I think that's the only way you can make the fishbowl work.

Those designs look great Nathan. Very similar to what I posted with the Spock suit concept.

Lavasuit and this helmet design coloured green & maybe some metallic purple for cape part.

I'd also go with the top middle mint green dome as it looks close to old Mysterio.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #15
Super Jim
Side-Kick

IF they ever get around to using Mysterio then the costume will need to have a reason.

What is the reson for the fishbowl?

If it is to hide his face, well that can be done through many other means, including simple smoke effects.

Is it due to a physical condition? If so, that would need to be explored.

To me, the best way to portray Mysterio is by simply making him an illusionist who went to a life of crime, which means theatrics, yes, fish bowl, no.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #16
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

The fish bowl would be part of the theatrics. And you can make it more than a simple bowl/helmet. It would protect him from all the smoke and gas he's throwing around and allow him to breath. It could have build in infrared, night vision, etc, so he's the only one that can actually see through his illusions.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote