The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 09-26-2013, 05:37 AM   #151
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Default Re: Bruce's Love Interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I don't know guys; I mean didn't we go through this once before? I mean, didn't we get news like this when MOS was announced about how they were looking for a female lead that WASN'T Lois...now unless that casting call back then was actually in reference to Faora, then they were off back then and it's possible then that they could be off again.
The femme lead was not Lois (later revealed to be Faora) according to Variety. Or at least, not the first female lead role disclosed to them.

The next day or so Latino Review said the part was for Ursa (which was Faora's role) and that Lois was in the movie.

It's annoying how LR deletes their old articles.

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 09-26-2013 at 05:45 AM.
MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:53 AM   #152
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
The femme lead was not Lois (later revealed to be Faora) according to Variety. Or at least, not the first female lead role disclosed to them.

The next day or so Latino Review said the part was for Ursa (which was Faora's role) and that Lois was in the movie.

It's annoying how LR deletes their old articles.
Interesting; well, even IF Wonder Woman was in this film, you would think then that they would have revealed her role in the film back when this film was first announced at comic con.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #153
smashmode
House Stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/09/...tman-superman/

The main takeaway here is that nobody knows anything for sure, but casting agents think it's for Wonder Woman. And it's been said to be an important role regardless.
how reputable is bleeding cool? Is it like LR?

smashmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #154
smashmode
House Stark

Quote:
Interesting; well, even IF Wonder Woman was in this film, you would think then that they would have revealed her role in the film back when this film was first announced at comic con.

Why not have it be a surprise at the next Comic Con?

smashmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #155
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why ruin the surprise?

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #156
Loki882
Side-Kick

Personally, I think that this mystery role is more likely to be Kara than Wonder Woman.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #157
Rodrigo90
Creepy Bat

Batman banging Supes' cousin?

Old 09-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #158
Loki882
Side-Kick

I was talking about the mystery lead female role that was reported a couple of days ago, they didn't mention her being Bruce's love interest. Some people were guessing Mercy Graves, some were guessing WW, I was guessing Kara.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #159
Rodrigo90
Creepy Bat

I'm guessing now, Bruce probably won't have a love interest.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #160
Rorschach2012
$

Posted this in the general discussion thread. I support Mercy being in the film but let's look at the rumor realistically.
Come on guys the mystery role is being pitched as a lead. How could that be Mercy? When has Mercy ever been a lead character? And why would you want her to be a lead character.

If this rumor is to be believed it's Kara or Diana. Mercy makes no logical sense, stop and think about the rumor. Mercy is not a lead role, and never has been.

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #161
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Posted this in the general discussion thread. I support Mercy being in the film but let's look at the rumor realistically.
Come on guys the mystery role is being pitched as a lead. How could that be Mercy? When has Mercy ever been a lead character? And why would you want her to be a lead character.

If this rumor is to be believed it's Kara or Diana. Mercy makes no logical sense, stop and think about the rumor. Mercy is not a lead role, and never has been.
Well, to be fair, Goyer isn't totally bound by the comics and other versions of the character. He changed alot of Bane's background and motivation but kept the essence of the character imo .In other words she may not be a bodyguard and limo driver but a character who's center stage.

That said though, I agree that its looking more likely, assuming that the female role rumor is even true, that the role may be Diana or Kara. From a story pov, Kara actually makes more sense in relation to the events of MOS, and I could see that her safety/survival could be a point of contention between Batman/ The US Goverment and Superman which they would clash over .

Diana makes more sense if they're going to Iron Man 2/Black Widow introduction, world building route heading into JLA. If JLA is indeed the next film then I wouldn't be surprised if it was Diana.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #162
Loki882
Side-Kick

Kara could also be a good way to introduce Lex. Maybe he finds her, convinces her that he's a good guy, and tries to turn her against Superman. Kara was the focus of a famous story line feature Superman and Batman, so its not unprecedented.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #163
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Kara could also be a good way to introduce Lex. Maybe he finds her, convinces her that he's a good guy, and tries to turn her against Superman. Kara was the focus of a famous story line feature Superman and Batman, so its not unprecedented.
You're talking about Superman/Batman Apocalypse? They should take inspiration from Superman/Batman public enemies too. They should take inspiration from every comic they can.

CharlieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #164
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Kara could've lost her memory in her hibernation in the pod, she could've lost her power in her hibernation. She could be kept secretly in a military base.

CharlieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #165
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well, whoever this mystery female character is, how would you guys rate on how MOS was able to balance having both Lois and Faora in it? If they did a good job balancing those two women in the film while presenting Lois as the leading lady in Superman's story, then it's possible that they could do that again in this film regarding our mystery female guest.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #166
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

I'd honestly be surprised if they introduce a superpowered female lead and it isn't diana. but then again, this is wb. they've gone full oprah with tv shows for some of their characters, when we've been expecting films.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #167
Rorschach2012
$

I'd prefer Diana suits up in this movie if she makes an appearance, maybe she could show up in full armor for the final battle

Old 09-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #168
Tec15
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post

Well Faora isn't a lead role either, but wasn't she pitched as one during casting? It could be a similar situation here.

Tec15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #169
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tec15 View Post
Well Faora isn't a lead role either, but wasn't she pitched as one during casting? It could be a similar situation here.
Yeah. At this stage we really don't know and basically just have speculation and rumor that's its either Wonder Woman, Supergirl, or even Mercy. For all we know, she could be a new character Goyer has created ala Rachel Dawes , or an amalgamation .

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #170
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

A love triangle between Bruce, Clark, and Lois would suffice. No need to throw in Catwoman, Wonder Woman, or anyone else this early in the game.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #171
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
A love triangle between Bruce, Clark, and Lois would suffice. No need to throw in Catwoman, Wonder Woman, or anyone else this early in the game.
No it wouldn't.lol

Honestly, at the end of the day, I think one thing that most people would find themselves agreeing towards would be having Bruce just romance free in this film.

And having Bruce come into this film with a love interest would be the lesser evil of having him stuck in a love triangle with Lois and Clark.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #172
Dagenspear
Banned User

Quote:
No it wouldn't.lol

Honestly, at the end of the day, I think one thing that most people would find themselves agreeing towards would be having Bruce just romance free in this film.

And having Bruce come into this film with a love interest would be the lesser evil of having him stuck in a love triangle with Lois and Clark.
What's the big deal? We all know it's inconsequential anyway. Let's have fun with it and stop being so darn high-strung.

Dagenspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #173
king666
(‿)

I hope it's Kara.

king666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #174
InnerWarrior
Side-Kick

I'd be surprised if they had all that Kara stuff in the Man of Steel prequel comic and the open pod in Man of Steel, but not have this be Kara. Especially since Batman/Superman: Supergirl would be great for inspiration for this film (or Batman/Superman: Apocalypse as they changed the title for the animated film)

InnerWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #175
Rorschach2012
$

Guys! My DC entertainment source let me in on some HUGE news.

Bruce's love interest is going to be Rachel Dawes!!! And Katie Holmes is returning!