The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 10-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #126
starwolf_oakley
Side-Kick

Default Re: Female Superheores On Screen

My casting for Monica Rambeau, aka Captain Marvel, aka Photon, is Paula Patton. I actually want Monica to be bi-racial so they can do a casting gag for her parents: Pam Grier (who Roger Stern wanted Monica to look like) and Sylvester Stallone (a pun on the Rambeau last name). I don't think Monica, either with her powers or not, can't really carry her own movie. Her as a supporting character for a Carol Danvers movie could work.

starwolf_oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #127
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwolf_oakley View Post
My casting for Monica Rambeau, aka Captain Marvel, aka Photon, is Paula Patton. I actually want Monica to be bi-racial so they can do a casting gag for her parents: Pam Grier (who Roger Stern wanted Monica to look like) and Sylvester Stallone (a pun on the Rambeau last name). I don't think Monica, either with her powers or not, can't really carry her own movie. Her as a supporting character for a Carol Danvers movie could work.
What has Monica to do with Carol though apart from sharing the Captain Marvel name?

Old 10-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #128
Loki882
Side-Kick

Not much, at least that I know of. They are friends though.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:02 AM   #129
Silvermoth
Avenger

You know, this might be out there casting but what do you think of Sophia vergara as captain marvel? She's got the attitude and the star power. She can handle action and humour like a marvel film would.

I reckon she would be really cool

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:03 AM   #130
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
You know, this might be out there casting but what do you think of Sophia vergara as captain marvel? She's got the attitude and the star power. She can handle action and humour like a marvel film would.

I reckon she would be really cool
I applaud you for thinking waaaay outside the box, but no... GOD NO!

Give me Chastain or give me dea... um, scratch that... or another talented dramatic actress.

Last edited by fixxxer; 10-23-2013 at 06:08 AM.
fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #131
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Monica does seem to work as a natural part of Carol's supporting cast, I'd like to see something like that on some level.

DrCosmic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #132
Dr. Evil
Gamora

I would like to see Monica Rambeau debut on Agents of Shield.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #133
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Monica does seem to work as a natural part of Carol's supporting cast, I'd like to see something like that on some level.
Monica should have a lead role in her own film.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Red Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #134
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
Monica should have a lead role in her own film.
She's not really a strong enough character to carry her own movie. It's not like she's ever carried her own book either. What would they even call the film? Photon? Pulsar? Spectrum? Rambeau? Certainly not Captain Marvel.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #135
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
She's not really a strong enough character to carry her own movie. It's not like she's ever carried her own book either. What would they even call the film? Photon? Pulsar? Spectrum? Rambeau? Certainly not Captain Marvel.
Monica Marvel? She's a patrol officer gets energy powers. You can have a lot of fun with that.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #136
Dasher10
Side-Kick

So I've been thinking of female heroes who aren't Carol Danvers nor Black Widow or tied up with Fox's Fantastic Four and X-Men rights. Here are a few that should appear on screen.

Diamondback in Cap 3, then put her on the SHIELD show
She Hulk in Hulk 2 (then she gets her own spin-off since she's not just a sidekick and has potential for her own film.)
Misty Knight and Coleen Wing if an Iron Fist movie ever gets made.
Maybe a one-shot of Sif.
Jewel as Luke Cage's wife in a Luke Cage film.
Ronin in a Daredevil flick.

But Marvel should still do solo films for Ms. Marvel and Black Widow. Those DO need to be made long before She-Hulk. And Monica needs to be in a Ms. Marvel film.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #137
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

If we are counting teamups, I will be disappointed if we don't get Runaways at some point. That can kind of count here anyways as it is majority female team with a female leader.

Kahran Ramsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #138
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Technically, Runaways don't have a female leader for their first story arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I respectfully disagree. There are a few characters who are strong enough to carry their own book who don't, Monica is certainly amongst them. So was Natasha until her recent movie related popularity. Naturally they'd call Moncia's film by her current codename Spectrum, and use the current costume because it's awesome and unique and has an iconic feel. It's not like they shouldn't make a Carol movie because some people think she should be called Ms. Marvel.

Rambeau has a cool heroic background, as a sort of harbor cop, and action heroes have been made with less interesting and less original purviews. As far as I know, there are no other law enforcement superheroes on screen at the moment, making her angle unique amongst superheroes as well. Her powers are as original and interesting and cool as they come, honestly.

The only thing she doesn't have in spades is a supporting cast, and she does have a bit of one, this is mostly a result of her not having a solo book more than anything. The fact that she still kind of has one anyway makes her very interesting. She'd kind of the dominant/most popular figure in a few of the books she's been in recently. That's because she's a very strong character.

The supporting cast is a bit of a stretch. She already has some basic stock characters to build on, Harbor Patrol partner John Audain, childhood friend in need Professor Andre LeClare, shipping contact Ron Morgan, and mundane villainous ne'er-do-wells like dictator Ernesto Ramirez and scientist Felipe Picaro. All are important parts of her comics origin and should be included in some fashion. I would round it out with at least Marcus Daniels aka Blackout as the Yin (energy absorption) to her yang (energy creation) I might include Karla Sofen as well, but that wouldn't work as well without all the moonstone jazz that doesn't fit as well with Rambeau's origin. I would include Project Pegasus though. I would also, personally include a non-powered Patsy Walker as her good friend and maybe even a mysterious Jericho Drumm as a love interest. But that'd just be me.

Though... calling the move "Rambeau" would be hilarious on a few different levels.

DrCosmic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #139
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
If we are counting teamups, I will be disappointed if we don't get Runaways at some point. That can kind of count here anyways as it is majority female team with a female leader.
Agreed

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #140
NicoleZoltack
Side-Kick

Personally, I would love a Sif movie.

NicoleZoltack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #141
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Daughters of the Dragon...Colleen Wing and Misty Knight...I think they could work on the small screen. But they are just two of my favorite Marvel Ladies.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #142
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleZoltack View Post
Personally, I would love a Sif movie.
That would be cool. Hopefully they'll avoid the same mistakes we had with Elektra, or end up making another Red Sonja.

even with bare hands.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #143
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Daughters of the Dragon...Colleen Wing and Misty Knight...I think they could work on the small screen. But they are just two of my favorite Marvel Ladies.
I don't understand why Marvel can't produce such films already. They haven't gotten anywhere with their Marvel Knights films, but this title could re-establish that as a separate, exciting side of Marvel's stories. They can even include it as part of further anime adaptions.

even with bare hands.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #144
metaphysician
Side-Kick

They *can* produce them. They just aren't yet, because other things take higher priority. Marvel Studios doesn't exactly have infinite production capacity, after all.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #145
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I'd love to see Gemma as Spider-Woman

Old 10-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #146
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post

I'd love to see Gemma as Spider-Woman
I wouldn't mind seeing Rodrigo's mother in that costume either.