The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Goyer writing the script for the first Superman Batman film
His work on MOS was VERY GOOD. He'll do GREAT. 27 20.45%
His work on MOS was OKAY. I am Skecptical. 30 22.73%
His work on MOS was POOR. I feel dread. 32 24.24%
He NEEDS Affleck's help and guidance to deliver a great script 43 32.58%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #876
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Default Re: David S. Goyer IS the Script Writer! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I really suspect that the poster above is a hoax. It is idiotic in the extreme. Obviously it would make it past Goyer, but the WB marketing department?
Its from the film's official twitter. They are releasing posters there. They released another one today.

https://twitter.com/ManofSteelMovie/...15030813741056

Old 10-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #877
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

We've had a child, Zod. A boy child.

Goyer, please. Don't do that again.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #878
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post

seemed out of character to other sets of dialogue - was too obvious an attempt to sound - non human - also felt like a scene out of Peter Pan - a wendy bird

Old 10-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #879
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:

I forgave it because they were on Krypton. It was a weak line, but it would have been worse to me if it was a line assigned to Jonathan Kent. I've heard much stranger things from our own politicians though.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #880
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 10-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #881
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

I do really wonder if the script had a different pacing than we saw in MoS. Some lines that seemed out of place were executed in a reactionary state, which makes me think that too much was cut out at times. A perfect example is the "Island" line from Martha. I think that there's more to that scene than we saw.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #882
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Directors cut or BUST!

Old 10-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #883
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Yayers. I thought that I had heard that there was a lot cut from Man of Steel. I'm excited to see what's on the DVD. I believe that Snyder said that we saw the director's cut. Maybe we can get a Donner cut?

Old 10-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #884
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Thirty minutes was cut from MoS and it will NOT be on the DVD.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #885
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
As Darth Vader once said, "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!"

Old 10-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #886
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
I do really wonder if the script had a different pacing than we saw in MoS. Some lines that seemed out of place were executed in a reactionary state, which makes me think that too much was cut out at times. A perfect example is the "Island" line from Martha. I think that there's more to that scene than we saw.
I hate an aspect of that scene. All those kids just stood there gawking. The teacher would've sent them away, and if not (for some reason) Martha definitely would've asked her for privacy when she got there.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #887
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
I hate an aspect of that scene. All those kids just stood there gawking. The teacher would've sent them away, and if not (for some reason) Martha definitely would've asked her for privacy when she got there.
I've seen someone else mention that, and,

In sixth grade, when I was 12, I fainted in front of the whole class. It was hot, and I apparently shouted "open the windows!!!" though I never remembered this. When I regained consciousness, I was sitting next to an open window, and I remember all the other kids were near me, looking at me.

So that scene rang true to me. The other kids will want to know what's going on, and the teacher will focus on the troubled kid, not the other kids wanting to know more about the troubled kids.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:44 AM   #888
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Quote:
I've seen someone else mention that, and,

In sixth grade, when I was 12, I fainted in front of the whole class. It was hot, and I apparently shouted "open the windows!!!" though I never remembered this. When I regained consciousness, I was sitting next to an open window, and I remember all the other kids were near me, looking at me.

So that scene rang true to me. The other kids will want to know what's going on, and the teacher will focus on the troubled kid, not the other kids wanting to know more about the troubled kids.
That was all within an instant what happened to you, and your welfare was probably the teachers priority. Here Clark is locked in and Martha has to come all he way to the school that's more than enough time for the teachers in the school to gain control and tell the other kids to move along. It's a bad scene in a bad movie but it's a minor thing so no biggie.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:04 AM   #889
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
That was all within an instant what happened to you, and your welfare was probably the teachers priority. Here Clark is locked in and Martha has to come all he way to the school that's more than enough time for the teachers in the school to gain control and tell the other kids to move along. It's a bad scene in a bad movie but it's a minor thing so no biggie.
It was possibly a few minutes (they did move me across the room), and we don't know how long it took Martha to get to school.

Anyway, the reason they made the scene in this manner is not because it's logical or not logical, but because they wanted us to see that Clark was an outcast without friends and that all the other kids hated him, and I suspect also that school admin was used to calling his mother.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #890
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
It was possibly a few minutes (they did move me across the room), and we don't know how long it took Martha to get to school.

Anyway, the reason they made the scene in this manner is not because it's logical or not logical, but because they wanted us to see that Clark was an outcast without friends and that all the other kids hated him, and I suspect also that school admin was used to calling his mother.
as I live and breathe.

Last edited by Marvin; 10-21-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #891
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Honestly that scene was the most well executed scene in the entire movie for me. Also I believe it was the scene Nolan pitched to Snyder when interviewing him for the job.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #892
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Quote:

Which is a shame because Clark Kent isn't an outcast without any friends, just goes to show how they butchered the character. Why even introduce Pete and Lana if they were not significant to the plot and development of Clark. They could have been used to show Clark that some humans were willing to accept him and that not all would view him as a freak or abomination. Pete and Lana witness Clark's super human feat and rather then shun him and distance themselves they accept him and all become friends, hell that would have been a lot better and avoided having a Superman who didn't have any friends besides his parents for 33yrs.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #893
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
One scene has been confirmed cut.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #894
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
Which is a shame because Clark Kent isn't an outcast without any friends, just goes to show how they butchered the character. Why even introduce Pete and Lana if they were not significant to the plot and development of Clark. They could have been used to show Clark that some humans were willing to accept him and that not all would view him as a freak or abomination. Pete and Lana witness Clark's super human feat and rather then shun him and distance themselves they accept him and all become friends, hell that would have been a lot better and avoided having a Superman who didn't have any friends besides his parents for 33yrs.

True. I think showing warm relationships with Lana and Ross would improve this film a bit. By making him friendless, it makes it harder to care about the world he's saving.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #895
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
One scene has been confirmed cut.
There is an interview online where it is stated that the first version of MoS was three hours long. I will buy the DVD when that is made available.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #896
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Honestly that scene was the most well executed scene in the entire movie for me. Also I believe it was the scene Nolan pitched to Snyder when interviewing him for the job.
Every scene with Diane Lane was the most well executed scene of the movie for me.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #897
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
There is an interview online where it is stated that the first version of MoS was three hours long. I will buy the DVD when that is made available.
That wasn't a finished cut of the film, it was a construction cut, so it would contain multiple takes of single shots, and alternate shots (think like how in The Dark Knight ads the "HIT ME!" scene is from directly below Joker, not slightly to the side).

Deborah Snyder said there was only about 5 minutes of non-redundant footage cut from the film, and that the theatrical cut is the directors cut.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #898
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Every scene with Diane Lane was the most well executed scene of the movie for me.
Honestly, I agree completely. That was the kind of emotion I wanted from the film. I don't know how Goyer is going to write her into a Batman vs Superman movie. Starts to feel like shlocky territory when Clark is talking to his Ma about a guy dressed as a bat.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:06 AM   #899
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Quote:
Honestly, I agree completely. That was the kind of emotion I wanted from the film.
Agreed.

Quote:
I don't know how Goyer is going to write her into a Batman vs Superman movie.Starts to feel like shlocky territory when Clark is talking to his Ma about a guy dressed as a bat.
I wonder if she'll refer to him as a "nut from Gotham city" like her STAS counterpart does.

Ponder this, CB fans: In a fictional world where the limits and laws of time and space are pushed every day; where mystical convergences and otherworldly phenomena are the norm; where we are to believe that "a man can fly" and emit beams of concussive force from his eyes, why is it then so difficult to fathom that, in such a place, there also exists a rare breed of man capable of extraordinary feats beyond that of his ken -- the peak human realized in the form of Bruce Wayne, The Batman?
-Arms
Old 10-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #900
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Honestly, I agree completely. That was the kind of emotion I wanted from the film. I don't know how Goyer is going to write her into a Batman vs Superman movie. Starts to feel like shlocky territory when Clark is talking to his Ma about a guy dressed as a bat.
It's hard to see it but who knows. There were some good Lois and Martha scenes in Lois and Clark.

In fairness, I don't know that anybody predicted prior to MoS that the Martha scenes would be the best scenes in the movie, and I don't know that anybody said they would want a Superman origin movie to be focused on his relationship with his adoptive parents, which is what I think a lot of people would say now. What I recall, is people said they wanted epic fight scenes, and that sort of thing. It turns out that it is not what people wanted.

Closed Thread