Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #51
kasjan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
He totally stole that TV from Xavier's room after he died.
You made my day.

Back to topic, DOFP is sequel to The Last Stand, sequel to First Class and prequel to X1. First Class isn't new serie movie, it's X-Men: First Class, movie like X-Men: United, X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men: Days of Future Past. It's just another part to X-Men (called X1), so we can call First Class as X-Men 0.

IMO Bishop will come from further future. Why Xavier and Magneto would need Logan? Magneto says human forces building weapon, but it's still nothing special happening outside. They have to know about apocalyptic future. Don't have technology to send Bishop to past, and decide to use Logan mind. If they don't know about future after 2020, Xavier would still believe in peace.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #52
The Original Bamfer
Sassneto

I'm sticking with it until I get a better look. What solidifies this is that we see the destroyed Cerebro doors and the tinted glass in the same shots. Plus the scene where Wolverine's running through what looks like an already decimated mansion lobby while being attacked by a rather large Sentinel. But I won't hesitate to take it back if I'm proven wrong.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #53
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
I'm sticking with it until I get a better look. What solidifies this is that we see the destroyed Cerebro doors and the tinted glass in the same shots. Plus the scene where Wolverine's running through what looks like an already decimated mansion lobby while being attacked by a rather large Sentinel. But I won't hesitate to take it back if I'm proven wrong.
What?! Did you see that in the Comic Con footage? I had a rough time making out a whole lot of it .

Old 09-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #54
The Original Bamfer
Sassneto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
What?! Did you see that in the Comic Con footage? I had a rough time making out a whole lot of it .
I did too until I watched it about a billion times and was enlightened by my X-bestie JP on some scenes, like a split second shot where future Magneto and an Iceman-assisted Rogue are running through a crowd of people in a hall. 'Not sure what that's about (and Magneto seems to be wearing his suit from the OT, sans helmet,) but we're hoping it's a prison break!

Old 09-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #55
InnerWarrior
Side-Kick

I'm just wishing we'd get some Cyclops love. And does anyone know if Wolverine still has his bone claws in DOFP?

Old 09-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #56
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
I did too until I watched it about a billion times and was enlightened by my X-bestie JP on some scenes, like a split second shot where future Magneto and an Iceman-assisted Rogue are running through a crowd of people in a hall. 'Not sure what that's about (and Magneto seems to be wearing his suit from the OT, sans helmet,) but we're hoping it's a prison break!
That's almost certainly a prison break going by Rogue's jumpsuit. I am convinced it's the mutant internment camp that Singer mentioned is in the movie. It makes sense to the clues. Of course it may not be but it fits.

As for the other scenes. I agree with some other posters that it's a temple or some kind of new building and not the mansion. Singer said the movie takes place in various areas around the world which again fits with the look of the place. It doesn't look like the mansion or that it's in the US. I have no clue what it has to do with the time travel but those are pillars from what I saw and not generators. The have carvings on them. I have the clips on my laptop and just took another look. Also when Storm is using her powers it looks like moutains or something in the distance.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #57
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Can anyone make out what kind of settings the future cast are in?

-Weird deserted area with totem poles
-An archaic temple
-Strange setting with red aura and colorful lights?

Old 09-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #58
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland-Jr View Post
Can anyone make out what kind of settings the future cast are in?

-Weird deserted area with totem poles
-An archaic temple
-Strange setting with red aura and colorful lights?
I don't think they're totem poles. They look like ornately carved pillars. Where you see Bishop and Sunspot looks like asian or middle eastern style lattice work on the entrance. I have no clue what the lights/windows are but they seem to be part of the temple/building as you see the same in the background as Rogue is watching Bobby/Kitty from an arched balcony.

I think it's looks like it's all set somewhere in Asia. I could be wrong but it feels that way from the style of it all. Then there's the prison? and that probably isn't anywhere near the other place.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #59
BMM
Side-Kick

Somewhere in this mountain range, wherever that's supposed to be.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #60
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Okay I have a better view of it now; they're definitely pillars. I think the same area is shown again when Colossus is winding up a punch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post

Somewhere in this mountain range, wherever that's supposed to be.
Oh good find, forgot about that. Himalayas?

Old 09-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #61
Nell2ThaIzzay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
It wouldn't make the film pointless if the future isn't changed - especially if an alternate timeline is created.

It would really make the First Class characters look at the impact of their actions and how even the smallest things could completely change the entire course of their lives. It would also be very powerful in the future timeline for Professor X and Magneto and how even though their future wasn't changed they've now given a renewed hope to their past selves to make different, for better or worse, life choices.

It could be quite a powerful, renewed ending.
An alternate timeline also gives people the best hope of that "reboot" that they've been wanting, as First Class can continue on as an alternate chain of events to the main trilogy.

I don't know how I feel about that, but I wouldn't be surprised to see that be the direction they are taking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
Then alternate timeline wouldn't be in canon. The new timeline is the one they'd use for sequels. They won't be using a Sentinel inhabited world for any sequels. It wouldn't make sense to as it would seem like a rehash.

The whole movie seems somewhat pointless if they don't alter the future and bring about changes. Singer has said he's changing some things which indicates they succeed and the end for the OT characters is a new beginning.
You're assuming they are going to make main cast sequels. In my opinion, the focus is clearly on the First Class cast and timeline, not the main trilogy cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Was it obvious though (I realize you are being facetious but still)? I thought Arnie jumped into the lava and took all his parts with him, or was his arm laying around? The arm wouldn't tell them the whole story, as the processor was definitely still in Arnie's skull. Hell, that would have just been too convenient and ironic and Cameron would be blasted for such a plot device to this day had that been the case.

That's what I believe is VERY likely. Unintended changes, like Xavier becoming the man he becomes in the OT. Letting a chain of events in line with the OT play out. Then dealing with the Sentinels in the future. So what does change really? Well, besides the inconsistencies of the orignal and new timeline post 1973 (notably Wolverine not interacting with Xavier/Magneto in the original timeline until X-1), probably not much. But you can implicitly show that Xavier/Magneto better prepare themselves mentally in dealing with the future.

Does this go as far as Magneto not being the terrorist he is in the OT? Or does Xavier train the X-Men differently? These changes in mentality of the two could completely alter the events of the OT. For example, why would Magneto go through what he attempted to do in X2 if it galvanized the anti-mutant responses from the government (indirectly leading to advanced Sentinels)? That changes everything. I think Singer could implicitly make these changes and let the audiences speculate, or Singer can spell it out for us and feature Scott/Jean in cameos at the end where everyone is happy.

What I expect is an ambiguous ending where we are left wondering if a timeline virtually identical to the OT timeline (and apocalyptic future) really does happen, or if everything changes. I believe Lensher will have an opportunity to kill Trask, but he won't take it. The Sentinels may or may not happen, based on what Trask thinks is best. And the OT will remain in cannon, despite the inconsistencies.
The arm and chip came from the first Terminator in the first movie. Then after they were destroyed, the good Terminator from T2 was the only remaining piece of Terminator technology, so he destroyed himself in the molten metal. But then T3 came along and crapped out a POS sequel, and said that judgment day couldn't be prevented, and that it was only postponed.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #62
Nell2ThaIzzay

People are talking about the footage again.

I thought it went bye bye. What's this about Logan running through a hallway chased by a Sentinel? That wasn't in the footage I've seen.

Who's got something that I don't!!!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #63
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

I think it's Colossus.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #64
Nell2ThaIzzay

I still didn't see Colossus in the leaked trailer either.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #65
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

It's the shot right after the one that shows the glowing hands on Wolverine.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #66
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

They should include the SDCC footage on The Wolverine Bluray

Blade X-Men Spider-Man Blade 2 X-Men 2 HULK Spider-Man 2 Iron Man X-Men First Class Thor Captain America: The First Avenger The Amazing Spider-Man The Wolverine
Old 09-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #67
Nell2ThaIzzay

Quote:
It's the shot right after the one that shows the glowing hands on Wolverine.
I never noticed it, and it's gone from the interwebs now.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #68
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

You can "probably" find it on Daily Motion.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #69
The Original Bamfer
Sassneto

I guess I just don't see the purpose of a temple, if not a place to hide. But I'm sure it'll be explained, nonetheless. Blink's teleportation abilities are much vaster than that of Nightcrawler's... she could probably transport the whole team at once. Anyway, the pillars look like they could be futuristic generators to me, but who knows?

As for the bit with Wolverine or Colossus and the Sentinel, it could be Colossus as they're suits are basically similar, at least regarding their cut. But you see a blast and then something very large bending down to look through the "doorway".

Old 09-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #70
The Original Bamfer
Sassneto

Quote:
You can "probably" find it on Daily Motion.
Hard-to-shake mod senses are telling me it may not be a wise idea to guide someone in that direction. 'Just trying to help you out. Though I'm sure danoyse has it under control - she's phenomenal!!!

Old 09-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #71
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Lawd...

I want a cameo, Singer.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #72
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
An alternate timeline also gives people the best hope of that "reboot" that they've been wanting, as First Class can continue on as an alternate chain of events to the main trilogy.

I don't know how I feel about that, but I wouldn't be surprised to see that be the direction they are taking.

You're assuming they are going to make main cast sequels. In my opinion, the focus is clearly on the First Class cast and timeline, not the main trilogy cast.
I'd have to disagree with your assumptions. Even if they were ending the OT cast (which has basically been denied) then they still couldn't leave the Sentinel future in place as the FC timeline would have to deal with it again. This is not a reboot attempt anymore than the comics were. Singer has said '"some changes" not a complete change in direction.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #73
The Original Bamfer
Sassneto

Regardless if it changes any or all the events of any of the original trilogy, it can't make you not watch them. It takes place after all that's already happened. You can watch all the movies together, with this being the last one in the series (so far.) I accept that it may undo X1 and 2, but it doesn't mean they or any of the other films didn't happen. They have and that's what leads us into DoFP. It's a sequel, not a reboot. It's still not a reboot if they do undo all the previous films. It's the same continuity, it may just allow them to continue with a fresher start. I don't know if this makes sense to anyone... it does to me. I think.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #74
Nell2ThaIzzay

It makes sense to me, I just don't know if that's the direction I want to see.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #75
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

the OT will still always be cannon in the timeline, just means there's a new alternate timeline created. Past still happen, even if it get's erased, in terms of time and space

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Closed Thread