The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #226
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 5

Ahem... *Nite-Owl.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #227
Alex_Spider
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
A middle ground is the best approach, I think. Some padding (to sell the armor aspect), but mostly a fabric-based structure WITH the comic book colorings (grey and black/blue).

Something that looks like it could stop a bullet, but also something he can believably run in. I like the idea of a mesh/interwoven fabric.
I am posting again a manip I did a little way back for those who missed it. Right click>open in new window for full size

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 10-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #228
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Someone should morph THIS design with the one you posted above.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #229
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!

I'm probably the only one who thinks, but I think it'd be neat if they gave this new suit a face plate. In known that it would limit Affleck's "face time". But it would serve a purpose as protection.

Something like this would be pretty interesting.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...on/newDT-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...lon/841593.jpg

Now I don't mean the suit itself, though I do like it. I just mean the face part.

Last edited by BrollySupersj; 10-01-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #230
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I wouldn't object to him having it when he's out and about scaring criminals, but when he's actually talking to people (or, more specifically, his allies), it shouldn't be there.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #231
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Wow, that looks like his diving suit

That would be neat, but weird. Though I think it would help suspension of disbelief to the audience. Anything that helps Affleck seem less like Affleck is good for him. The poor guy will have to give a performance of a lifetime to even be thought of as GOOD in MOS2

Old 10-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #232
roach
I am the night

It's an ok look but I would prefer a Batman that actually looks like Batman. The Nolan era of a realistic Batman is done with. He doesn't have to be encased in armor anymore....nor am I asking for spandex.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #233
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Spider View Post
I am posting again a manip I did a little way back for those who missed it. Right click>open in new window for full size

I think this pic serves as a great reminder why underwear just wouldn't look right in live action. Not that that there's really a chance they'd use it.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:31 AM   #234
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
I think this pic serves as a great reminder why underwear just wouldn't look right in live action. Not that that there's really a chance they'd use it.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #235
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Disagree.

*splat*
Old 10-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #236
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post

*splat*
Old 10-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #237
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

There is something that I would like to see with regards to the cowl and cape design.
Unfortunately I am not an artist so I can’t draw what I am thinking of. But hopefully I can convey it with words.

I would like to see a cowl and cape that are, or at least look like, they are attached/one piece. The cape should be able to drape across the shoulders essentially having each side join to form a “V” at the bottom front position of the cowl.

Kind of like this…

I want the cowl to be able to twist on some form of bearing/o ring arrangement so that
1) Bats can turn his head (handy when reversing out of the driveway!)
2) The cowl and neck section look as if they are actually one piece or at least an assembly that fits/blends together.

That way we could get something that looks awesome and yet is functional at the same time. Well, it would be awesome to me anyway!

Hopefully I managed to explain it okay...

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
Old 10-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #238
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Yes. Because a Cosplay is definitely the right gauge for that.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 10-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #239
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Yes. Because a Cosplay is definitely the right gauge for that.
exactly

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #240
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
Disagree.
We know you do.

A cosplay suit isn't a great example, but still, I don't see the necessity for the trunks. Of all the core elements of Batman's look -- boots, gloves, gauntlets, cape, cowl, belt, symbol -- the trunks are by far the least essential. Just because the trunks are a part of YOUR vision of Batman doesn't mean they should necessarily be a part of this new interpretation of a modern age Batman.

I, too, love Batman's classic look. However, the trunk-less New 52 looks very much like the Batman we all know and love, so I certainly think we can have a classic-looking Batman without the trunks on film.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #241
roach
I am the night

while I agree that trunks are pretty useless...basing that on a cosplay suit is not really a good idea
That would be like using my inability to build a car as proof that Ford can't make a fast Mustang.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #242
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

the Batsuit for Arkham Origins

Old 10-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #243
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

To theShape:
This is true, and I actually wouldn't have a problem with something like the new 52 suit, I kinda like it, actually. All I'm saying that this idea that the trunks wouldn't work at all in a movie is nonsense. (IMO, of course).
And really, why do the trunks have to be "necessary"? Why do the gauntlets have to have fins? Why are the fins necessary and the trunks are not?
Look, I understand that it's likely the movie suit likely won't have trunks and I'm OK with that. I guess being an old (very old, LOL) Batman fan, I really don't understand the hate for the trunks. It makes no sense to me.

*splat*
Old 10-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #244
theShape
Creature of Darkness

It's not even that they're useless. I'm not suggesting they should be nixed because there's no realistic "reason" Batman would wear them. I just don't thin they're needed in this instance, especially based on the success of the MOS suit. The trunk-less Superman suit in MOS looked very much like "Superman". I don't think the trunks were truly missed by anyone, and that's funny because Superman is a character that has been linked to the trunks on-screen much longer than Batman.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #245
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
To theShape:
This is true, and I actually wouldn't have a problem with something like the new 52 suit, I kinda like it, actually. All I'm saying that this idea that the trunks wouldn't work at all in a movie is nonsense. (IMO, of course).
And really, why do the trunks have to be "necessary"? Why do the gauntlets have to have fins? Why are the fins necessary and the trunks are not?
Look, I understand that it's likely the movie suit likely won't have trunks and I'm OK with that. I guess being an old (very old, LOL) Batman fan, I really don't understand the hate for the trunks. It makes no sense to me.
i feel you on that, Bathead... i feel the same way for the approach on the trunks for Superman

Old 10-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #246
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
To theShape:
I don't think it's fair to say there's so much "hate" for the trunks. Rather, I just don't think there's much support for them by fans. It's something many fans are willing to live without, aesthetically. No, there's no "necessity" for Batman's arm fins, per say. But, admittedly, they look badass and go well with the scalloped cape. Despite your personal feelings on the trunks, they do essentially signify Batman wearing what looks like underwear over his pants, which is inherently not as badass-looking as the rest of Batman's core costume elements...at least in the eyes if many fans.

When you look at the trunks in terms of "what looks cool to fans and what doesn't", I think it makes sense that the trunks wouldn't be in high favor when it comes to live action ideas. There's no complicated psychology behind the fans distaste for the trunks in live action other than feeling that particular aesthetic element from the comics wouldn't translate too well to live action.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #247
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
So perfect. The boots and gauntlets look slimmer here

Old 10-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #248
Harrier
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
So perfect. The boots and gauntlets look slimmer here
I kinda like the AO suit more than the one from Asylum/City.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #249
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I would be very pleased with this in live action.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #250
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
I don't see what looks bad about it? Looks fine to me.