The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #326
The Guard
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 5

I don't know that I'd want to see Luthor in a powered suit this early on.

That was written into the old BATMAN VS SUPERMAN/ASYLUM script, and it worked because they had a history, but I'd really like to see Luthor played as a slowburn character, not completely evil right away, working behind the scenes a bit, etc.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 10-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #327
thorstone
Side-Kick

I'm expecting them to go in the route of a realistic exoskeleton suit for Batman-- the antithesis of Marvel's Iron Man. But Batman's exoskeleton (or exomuscle) wouldn't win him a fist fight with Superman. It's going to come down to Batman being the only one in the world who can figure out how to weaken Superman-- only Batman could do this because only he would then exercise the restraint to not kill him.

If Luthor was as competent as Bruce Wayne; Superman would be dead.

Last edited by thorstone; 10-06-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #328
roach
I am the night

please god no

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #329
Wams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I hate this new look...
Way to bulky and Iron-Man-ish.

Batman should just have a wetsuit
type outfit like a Navy Seal.

Keep it simple.

Not saying it can't have some
anatomical sculpting...
Just don't go overboard
like every bat-suit we ever saw.

Isn't he supposed to be like a ninja?
They don't wear big bulky boost and gear or creeking leather.
Stealth is his modus operandi if I'm not mistaken.

Remember the Val Kilmer suit from The Saint? http://www.yourprops.com/movieprops/...-Costume-1.jpg
That's cool

Old 10-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #330
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I don't know that I'd want to see Luthor in a powered suit this early on.

That was written into the old BATMAN VS SUPERMAN/ASYLUM script, and it worked because they had a history, but I'd really like to see Luthor played as a slowburn character, not completely evil right away, working behind the scenes a bit, etc.
I want Luthor to be built up to as well. But I'd have him begin as an outright good guy. But bad things happen to him turning him into the man who would rather focus on killing Superman, putting the Earth at risk, rather than beating Superman at his own game and saving the world himself.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #331
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Or better yet, a cloth-based suit that allows him to run awesomely

Old 10-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #332
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorstone View Post
I'm expecting them to go in the route of a realistic exoskeleton suit for Batman-- the antithesis of Marvel's Iron Man. But Batman's exoskeleton (or exomuscle) wouldn't win him a fist fight with Superman. It's going to come down to Batman being the only one in the world who can figure out how to weaken Superman-- only Batman could do this because only he would then exercise the restraint to kill him.

If Luthor was as competent as Bruce Wayne; Superman would be dead.

That bottom pic isn't even a Bat-suit, it's a "Bat-bot". Always looked to me like a Batmobile Transformer. And trust me, there will be no exo-skeleton type suit. I have my doubts there will be any physical confrontation at all.

*splat*

Last edited by Bathead; 10-05-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #333
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

For all the people against the fabric suit and saying they should do similar to the Arkham Origins suit, ever wondered why a young inexperienced Batman wore bulky thick armor but then switched to a more fabric suit as he got older and got more experience? Most likely he learned how to make better suits out of better materials as his career progressed.

The creators of the game themselves have answered that question as well.

Quote:
Batman himself has gotten a bit of a make-over, to express the less experienced version of the character. Price says the look of his suit is "assembled versus manufactured," as it appears to be pieced together from individual parts. "He's not as refined, he's not as polished, and we wanted the suit to reflect that."
http://www.shacknews.com/article/790...like-film-noir

Old 10-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #334
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ I like that explanation. As he's learned to hide, he realizes he prefers speed to shielding, and "lightens" his armor load, so-to-speak.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:58 AM   #335
Pablo2995

I just hope they don't make yet another all black, rubber suit. A dark grey bodysuit with light armor (or a texture that suggests it's armored) would be fine.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:15 AM   #336
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
For all the people against the fabric suit and saying they should do similar to the Arkham Origins suit, ever wondered why a young inexperienced Batman wore bulky thick armor but then switched to a more fabric suit as he got older and got more experience? Most likely he learned how to make better suits out of better materials as his career progressed.

The creators of the game themselves have answered that question as well.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/790...like-film-noir
I think that's a little retconning said by them to match things up. Despite supposedly being an "older" model it seems pretty accepted that the Origins suit is at least visually an upgrade from the previous arkham suits we've seen.

I wish they would have brought up how batman in their game universe came to the conclusion that he had to start wearing his underwear on the outside at some point?

Old 10-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #337
regwec
Shakespearo

Do you honestly think that when Batman is depicted wearing trunks over his grey suit, he is in fact supposed to be wearing his underpants on the outside?

That is the only way that anybody can justify calling the trunks "underwear".

Do Olympic swimmers wear their "underwear" to compete?

Old 10-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #338
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

I don't see why people think Batman needs to wear some sort of armor to fight Superman, when all he needs is a kryptonite ring, or some form of kryptonite to weaken Supes enough to make it an even fight.

And Kryptonite's presence could be explained as Lexcorp and/or Wayne Enterprises discovering it on earth, and later, discovering its effects on Superman.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #339
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Actually, armor of any kind would be useless against Superman, unless Kryptonite were involved in some fashion. Unless weakened, Superman would simply peel any armor off of Batman like a grape.

*splat*
Old 10-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #340
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Which would be satisfying to see. That's why I want to see a Robo-suit over his Batsuit

Old 10-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #341
Pablo2995

The fight could be like this:

http://m.tu.tv/videos/the-dark-knight-returns-batman-vs-supe

Old 10-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #342
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo2995 View Post
Did you post this picture as a joke or do you want to see that on film? I'm confused.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #343
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Do you honestly think that when Batman is depicted wearing trunks over his grey suit, he is in fact supposed to be wearing his underpants on the outside?

That is the only way that anybody can justify calling the trunks "underwear".

Do Olympic swimmers wear their "underwear" to compete?
You didn't give a counterargument. One could just as easily ask why DOES Batman wear trunks/underwear? He's not an Olympic swimmer...

Old 10-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #344
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

The trunks work in the context of comics and animation because they provide a color break in the suit. As other people have said, the suit sometimes looks "naked" without the trunks there. They're not really needed in live-action though (i.e. MOS suit).

Old 10-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #345
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

yeah, it really all depends on whether the design they come up with looks better with or without the trunks.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #346
storyteller
Side-Kick

Ninja's sneak around and try to avoid getting seen and avoid getting into any conflict. Batman while he does need to ninja it up from time to time is trying to get into a fight. He is trying to be a target. It's why he's dressed as a bat. So having a fabric based suit is dumb because bullets will tear through it. His enemies will strike at him with bricks and bats. Yeah they can play with the texture but after all these films, unless Bruce has discovered an indestructible fabric that absorbs all impact.............he needs armor. Now of course that armor need not look so assembled. It also doesn't need to be rubber.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #347
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
Ninja's sneak around and try to avoid getting seen and avoid getting into any conflict. Batman while he does need to ninja it up from time to time is trying to get into a fight. He is trying to be a target. It's why he's dressed as a bat. So having a fabric based suit is dumb because bullets will tear through it. His enemies will strike at him with bricks and bats. Yeah they can play with the texture but after all these films, unless Bruce has discovered an indestructible fabric that absorbs all impact.............he needs armor. Now of course that armor need not look so assembled. It also doesn't need to be rubber.
fabrics very close to what you described... actually exist. the only thing left would be impact, and some light armor in a few locations under the suit would solve that.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #348
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

But while I think that's wrong (there's a class III-A POLO bulletproof and stab proof POLO shirt out there) I DO want to see SOME evidence of armor around the chest, arms, and needs. I guess a little padding here and there

Old 10-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #349
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

So why are the police and military still using body armour? I see people in this thread bring up some science and tech showing they can stop bullets or knives with specially treated fabrics, but body armour still seems to be what people rely on in the real world.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #350
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

If the producers of MOS had no qualms about getting rid of Superman's trunks, it strikes me as highly unlikely that they would add trunks to this version of Batman when no previous modern cinematic incarnation of the character (Adam West aside) has worn them.

That said, it would be cool if they had the balls to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo2995 View Post
I just hope they don't make yet another all black, rubber suit. A dark grey bodysuit with light armor (or a texture that suggests it's armored) would be fine.
Case in point: My preference from the pictures above would be the two costumes in the centre of the first row, by far.

The one on the left would be better, but it takes a more traditional approach to the trunks, while the one on the right uses a different, probably more cinematic approach to merely suggest trunks. But I think the latter also makes more sense in the context of Batman vs. Superman.

If we're going to see a battle scene between the two at some point, I imagine Batman will don some kind of armoured suit. Not only would it echo The Dark Knight Returns, which Snyder has already indicated will be an influence, but from the perspective of Warner Bros., having a mechanical/armoured Batsuit à la Iron Man would mean more toy possibilities.

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Closed Thread