The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #351
roach
I am the night

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
Ninja's sneak around and try to avoid getting seen and avoid getting into any conflict. Batman while he does need to ninja it up from time to time is trying to get into a fight. He is trying to be a target. It's why he's dressed as a bat.
Um no it's not. He dresses the way he does to take advantage of criminals fears. The bat suit is to scare the crap out of criminals giving him the advantage. He doesn't need armor because when criminals see Batman it's already too late.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #352
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
So why are the police and military still using body armour? I see people in this thread bring up some science and tech showing they can stop bullets or knives with specially treated fabrics, but body armour still seems to be what people rely on in the real world.
Because they don't have a billion dollars

Old 10-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #353
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
Ninja's sneak around and try to avoid getting seen and avoid getting into any conflict. Batman while he does need to ninja it up from time to time is trying to get into a fight. He is trying to be a target. It's why he's dressed as a bat. So having a fabric based suit is dumb because bullets will tear through it. His enemies will strike at him with bricks and bats. Yeah they can play with the texture but after all these films, unless Bruce has discovered an indestructible fabric that absorbs all impact.............he needs armor. Now of course that armor need not look so assembled. It also doesn't need to be rubber.

Also: Batman is not a ninja from "time to time". He is dressed as a bat to blend in the shadows and give off the impression that he is a monster as opposed to a man. He very rarely just walks with his fists up to a bunch of criminals.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #354
Pablo2995

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Did you post this picture as a joke or do you want to see that on film? I'm confused.
It's just an idea of what a bat armor inspired in The Dark Knight Returns could look like. As I said in my previous comment, I would like the new costume to be dark blue and dark grey fabric, like in the comicbooks. It should be armored, but too much, so that he can move without looking stupid. I hope it looks similar to any of these:

Old 10-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #355
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Also, a robo suit would mean Supes could use his heat vision without killing Bats. I cheered whenever it was used in the "first" film

Old 10-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #356
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
So why are the police and military still using body armour? I see people in this thread bring up some science and tech showing they can stop bullets or knives with specially treated fabrics, but body armour still seems to be what people rely on in the real world.
The police and military don't use the thick body armor that Batman wears in the movies. But they don't exactly wear the best fabric protection there is due to it being too expensive (not an issue for Bruce Wayne).

Old 10-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #357
roach
I am the night

Why why why does Batman have to be the hero that's probable? Again Black Widow and Hawkeye fought and alien invasion with no body armor...Hawkeye had bare arms.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #358
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Because we just had a series that went in depth about the suit's limitations and gadgets

But yeah, I don't want it too look like Batman's just wearing another bodysuit, and I DID think it looked pretty cheesy for Widow to not have any protection at all.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #359
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

If Hawkeye and Black Widow didn't need heavy thick armor, neither does Batman. Especially since Batman is so far above both Hawkeye and BW in combat, intelligence, speed, and pretty much everything.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #360
HUMANIMAL

i think it depends for what they are rooting for.
with superman in it, it has clearly a more fantastical element than in the nolan series....
like in avengers where more supernatural things are possible within the world they settled the story. so why not having them fighting in leather suits without protection?
i guess this time more is possible in terms for batman doging bullets without wearing too much armor...maybe we will see him running and jumping around to do so.
its more supernatural this time, so almost everything is possible.
in the schumacher film they looked more like toys because they wanted to sell more toys...
in burtons movie he was that creature of the night and it was more fantastical then the nolan version where he was more of a billionaire on a rampage.
he yet tryed to keep explaining the myth behind a man dressing like bat...also burton played abit with it. the other two just played with the characters like children would play with dolls (sorry...i mean action figures) so yeah this time it could be that batman wont need an armored suit...and it dosent has to be explayned...like the avengers didnt explained it aswell...because of the world in which it is settled this time around

MY FANART AND MANIPS

Last edited by HUMANIMAL; 10-06-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #361
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Why why why does Batman have to be the hero that's probable? Again Black Widow and Hawkeye fought and alien invasion with no body armor...Hawkeye had bare arms.
But Hawkeye looked super lame. Not a good example to make your point.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #362
HUMANIMAL

burton animalistic version
schumacher super cheese version
nolan techie version
snyder supernatural version

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 10-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #363
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Because we just had a series that went in depth about the suit's limitations and gadgets

But yeah, I don't want it too look like Batman's just wearing another bodysuit, and I DID think it looked pretty cheesy for Widow to not have any protection at all.
The worst was when Cap hoisted her up so she could jump up and grab onto a speeding alien cruiser, which she did without a struggle. But hey, at least Marvel isn't afraid to be cheesy or completely un-realistic at times. That's their thing and it's in line with the general tone of their films.

I, however, do prefer the tone that was established in MOS. Fantasy with more of an edge towards realism.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #364
HUMANIMAL

edit

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 10-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #365
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
burton animalistic version
schumacher super cheese version
nolan techie version
snyder supernatural version
I think Burton is actually more "supernatural."

But Snyder can be horrorninjamasterdetective Batman

Old 10-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #366
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Do you honestly think that when Batman is depicted wearing trunks over his grey suit, he is in fact supposed to be wearing his underpants on the outside?
Yes.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #367
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post

Also: Batman is not a ninja from "time to time". He is dressed as a bat to blend in the shadows and give off the impression that he is a monster as opposed to a man. He very rarely just walks with his fists up to a bunch of criminals.
Honestly, there needs to be a mandatory post about nanofiber armours and every other great argument for a "fabric" suit that people have to read before being allowed to post in this thread. Reading and replying to the same uninformed and falacious arguments from one new poster after another is just getting exhausting.

Better yet, people who come on here should have to watch the FutureWeapons episode on body armour. It's on Netflix and will save the old guard a bunch of time and wasted breath.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #368
Rorschach2012
$

I know video games aren't live action, but the Arkham series is wildly popular, and people never complain about the trunks. I really believe trunks can be done tastefully, and if we're getting a grey batsuit, the black breaking up the grey is kind of necessary. It doesn't even have to be trunks necessarily, I like the way the Arkham Origins solved the trunks issue.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #369
Nathan

Isn't the belt enough to break up the grey?

Old 10-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #370
Travesty
TEOL

I actually prefer the trunks if it's going to be a grey suit.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #371
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Can't say I'm fond of the trunks myself, but it's not a big deal either way to be honest.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #372
Nathan

Man, I've been watching that youtube clip of the Dragon Skin vest. That thing stopped every bullet that would turn quarter inch steel into swiss cheese. Not even a grenade, which was put directly beneath the dummy wearing the vest, could penetrate it. The vest was shredded on the outside, but it didn't go through it.

Then I re-watch the clip of Lucius showing Bruce his survival bodysuit.

Bruce: "Bulletproof?"

Lucius: "Anything but a straight shot."

**** your bodysuit Lucius. I'll take the Dragon Skin west from 2007. I know everyone wants Batman to be relatable. And that means that he needs to be vulnerable like any other ordinary human. But realistically, a guy with his money and recourses, could have a suit that makes him appear like a metahuman to the ordinary person.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #373
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Isn't the belt enough to break up the grey?
It is, or it can be.

Defenders of the trunks seem to think the trunks are necessary to break up the grey of the suit, while others feel the trunks are unnecessary regardless. Two opposite opinions that we'll see discussed infinitely (with no budging from either side) until we finally get to see the new suit.

If the supporters of Batman's trunks are looking to give a reason for their existence in live action, "breaking up the grey" isn't much of a valid point... especially since the MOS suit proved that the red trunks were not "necessary" whatsoever to break up the blue suit. Instead, the MOS suit used some nifty design work (subtle Kryptonian accents at his side, down his legs, around his wrists) and texturing to prevent Superman's suit from looking too bland. I'm sure they will use a similar technique with Batman's new suit -- keeping it simpler than TDK's suit to replicate the classic Batman look from the comics combined with a few modern elements that we might not have seen before.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #374
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

I think it's dependant on the design of the torso and legs, if there are lines and implied armor (doesn't have to be much) on the torso and legs then I think the belt is enough to break up the grey, but if it's a less busy design with few to no lines and just a plain grey bodysuit with a bat symbol on it then I think the belt needs a little assistance with breaking up the grey. looking at the suit in the bottom right of the image pablo posted I think the addition of the trunks is excessive, they look tacked on and detract from the design in my opinion.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #375
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
If the supporters of Batman's trunks are looking to give a reason for their existence in live action, "breaking up the grey" isn't much of a valid point... especially since the MOS suit proved that the red trunks were not "necessary" whatsoever to break up the blue suit.
It works for the MOS suit, just like it does for the all black bat suits, cause its a dark suit. It does work for those, but if they're going to be using a lighter grey, I think it does need something to break it up, unless they go for a dark grey that's almost black.