The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 05:45 AM   #776
regwec
Shakespearo

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 5

But at least, since BN reproduced it, it was vetted by someone sane.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #777
badgrammar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaneOlson View Post
I'm a big fan of Splinter Cell, but Batman is minimalist. Thats why everything fits in the utility belt. I would be let down to see him turned into a black ops agent.
I don't see why not. It's not like Sam carries a lot of stuff.
http://www.gamefreaks.co.nz/2013/04/...ers-abilities/

Old 10-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #778
ZaneOlson
Side-Kickin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgrammar View Post
I don't see why not. It's not like Sam carries a lot of stuff.
http://www.gamefreaks.co.nz/2013/04/...ers-abilities/
I think in real life he would get bogged down a bit. But I guess if it looks right it works even if it doesn't work in real life.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:51 PM   #779
lixdexia
Blood Angels

i hope batman wears a mouth guard in this one. it's critically important for someone who gets hit as often as he does and could explain the voice change.

dictated, not read.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #780
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

It would hide Affleck's mouth, and make his face blend in the shadows more. But I'm somewhat a purist.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:02 AM   #781
Rorschach2012
$

lol that's really a weird thing to want in this movie

Old 10-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #782
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Just give him the Az-Bat helmet.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #783
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixdexia View Post
i hope batman wears a mouth guard in this one. it's critically important for someone who gets hit as often as he does and could explain the voice change.
Some voice changers work without having to cover ones mouth, so giving him a Batman Beyond style mouth covering isn't necessary.

But even so, I'd hope they don't give him a voice changer.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #784
hafizbat
Side-Kick

They used a voice changer for Oliver Queen in the Arrow show (story purposes) and it actually sounded pretty deep and intimidating. Does anyone watch that show? Sorry off topic but I enjoy it. He's pretty similar to Bruce Wayne in many ways.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #785
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I never liked the voice changer in Arrow and hope they don't give it to Batman. The only way I can see a voice changer work is if it makes Batman's voice sound completely natural as if he wasn't using one. The only thing the voice changer should do is make it clear that it isn't Bruce Wayne under the mask, not that Batman is using a voice changer.

When I was younger, a friend of mine and I tried to come up with our own superhero. I came up with the idea of an asthma-like puffer that would change your voice. You take one puff, your voice changes. You take another one, the voice changes back to your original one. I think there was also a time limit where the character had to reuse the puffer or else his voice would go back to normal. The character's new voice would still sound natural and human-like; just different from the original voice. There would also be different asthma-like puffers that the character would use to impersonate people throughout the story.

Voice changer or not, Snyder should take the Kevin Conroy approach for the voice. The voice sounds different from Bruce Wayne's, but still sounds like a natural human voice (unlike Bale).

Old 10-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #786
The Watchman
Balls McGee

Use a voice modifier for the purposes of the story, but just dub over Kevin Conroy and we're set

I just blue myself
Old 10-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #787
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watchman View Post
Use a voice modifier for the purposes of the story, but just dub over Kevin Conroy and we're set
I wish Affleck could try to do something like Conroy's Batman voice. I want it to be Affleck's performance under the cowl

Old 10-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #788
Afrobean
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixdexia View Post
Ideally, he wouldn't take too many hits, especially to the face. Bullet-dodging might not be too realistic, but dodging punches is totally possible. I don't expect to see Batman taking a lot of serious hits to the mouth. Has he ever in these movies?

I'm open to covering his mouth though. Just because it'd make him look less human-like, especially in the shadows. I'd honestly be interested in seeing a solid "mask" that's really just a system of prosthetics glued to his painted-black face. This way we get some emoting out of an apparently completely covered face, something Iron Man had to cheat with by showing us "inside" of the helmet. I feel like maybe that wouldn't work with the grey undersuit though, so maybe if they go that route (unlikely), I think I'd rather them go full-black again. Even if they don't cover the mouth though, I would say using prosthetics could work well to get more performance out of Affleck through the mask, especially around the eyes and forehead. In the comics and cartoons, he can make any number of expressions, but in the movies, he's been very very limited.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #789
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Ideally, he wouldn't take too many hits, especially to the face. Bullet-dodging might not be too realistic, but dodging punches is totally possible. I don't expect to see Batman taking a lot of serious hits to the mouth. Has he ever in these movies?

Old 10-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #790
roach
I am the night

Sure let's cover up the mouth...in fact get rid of the ears and just give him a balaclava. Also get rid of the cape. Put him in a all black suit of armor from head to toe. Then a helmet to cover his balaclava. Take away the martial arts aspect and give him a gun.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #791
Rockbottom
Side-Kick

Covering up his mouth would be far too much. Maybe if he wore a gum shield or something, but even that would mess stuff up.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #792
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Covering his mouth is too much IMO.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #793
Spamtron
THE MAN

Wouldn't mind his normal suit in the Earth One style, then possibly armored up a bit towards Arkham Origins style when things get a bit tough...

Old 10-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #794
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

The only reason I can think of to cover his mouth is if he's wearing some special version of his suit or using some sort of breathing apparatus.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 10-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #795
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamtron View Post
Wouldn't mind his normal suit in the Earth One style, then possibly armored up a bit towards Arkham Origins style when things get a bit tough...
I never saw Batman as someone who would hide behind more armor when "things get a bit tough"...seems like he would be admitting he's not up to task, and I don't think Batman is like that. I've always seen him as a bit stubborn and overconfident (he usually backs it up though). The only exception was in TDKR, when he wore a specialized suit to take down Superman. But adding more armor to himself when things get a little rough..? I think his standard suit should be sufficient for ANY situation, or else he's just not prepared well enough. And his ego is too big for that.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #796
Spamtron
THE MAN

Every Batman choice for the movies has centered around how the actors' mouth-chin area will show in the mask... there is no way there will be a mouth covering cowl. If he has to throw in a breather for one underwater or fire/smoke situation that would be the extent and most we'll ever see of a covered Bat-mouth situation on screen.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #797
Spamtron
THE MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
I never saw Batman as someone who would hide behind more armor when "things get a bit tough"...seems like he would be admitting he's not up to task, and I don't think Batman is like that. I've always seen him as a bit stubborn and overconfident (he usually backs it up though). The only exception was in TDKR, when he wore a specialized suit to take down Superman. But adding more armor to himself when things get a little rough..? I think his standard suit should be sufficient for ANY situation, or else he's just not prepared well enough. And his ego is too big for that.
I've always seen Batman as a modify his suit or tools kind of guy to overcome the situation if he can't initially... he has always been innovative like that, and in many cases built specialized suits.
I'm not saying he throws on a Robocop suit for a couple extra guys, but if the adversary warrants something beyond normal manpower means, Batman will rise to the occasion with a means to overcome that foe. Especially this later in life Batman we will see... he should definitely have some powered up joints at least to help get it done.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #798
hafizbat
Side-Kick

I see what you're saying, but I see it a bit differently. Modify/invent/acquire tools to get the job done? Absolutely. Put on more armor for his own safety? Not really his style, IMO.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #799
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

What it comes down to is, does it slow him down? Arkham Batman doesn't even wear a bigger belt to carry more gear, because it would slow him down. He doesn't seem to be the kind that trades mobility for extra protection.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:56 PM   #800
Lando81
Formerly Hazmat81

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
I see what you're saying, but I see it a bit differently. Modify/invent/acquire tools to get the job done? Absolutely. Put on more armor for his own safety? Not really his style, IMO.
Because if there's one thing Batman doesn't want to do, it's survive massive amounts of trauma and damage to live and fight another day.