The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 11-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #301
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: Future TV shows from Marvel?

SHIELD is a spin-off series that's trying to find its footing and niche with a cast of stock characters. These are four high-concept characters who'll have 13 episode arcs that will presumably be laser-focused on their origins and lives. I don't think there's much of a comparison

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #302
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
SHIELD is a spin-off series that's trying to find its footing and niche with a cast of stock characters. These are four high-concept characters who'll have 13 episode arcs that will presumably be laser-focused on their origins and lives. I don't think there's much of a comparison
of course not. My main concern is how much involvement that Jeph Loeb will have on the Defenders. Also showing how the Defenders will connect with the MCU.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #303
Chewy
REDACTED

He'll have so many eggs in his basket between all of the cartoons, SHIELD and this. I imagine he won't be terribly involved in the day-to-day

Old 11-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #304
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
He'll have so many eggs in his basket between all of the cartoons, SHIELD and this. I imagine he won't be terribly involved in the day-to-day
Good. I hope his role is nothing more than as a figurehead/observer. Only there to watch and not to interfere in the creative process.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #305
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I hope there aren't any references to the Avengers in these shows to be honest. Dealing with the fallout of the movies is what AOS is for. They can have some offhand mentions of Stark Industries or crazy power guys but I'd prefer they just focus on the characters and the street level side of the Marvel Universe in these shows.

Also, in one of Daredevil's seasons, they should totally have a season of him and Black Widow teaming up. I think ScarJo would be down for a Netflix show.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #306
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Man...my excitement about the prospects of this news is growing exponentially by the minute. At this rate, it might even exceed my (already astoundingly high) anticipation regarding the films!

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #307
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Jeph Loeb will probably have some partner named Leopold whom he'll assign to these four series, and between the two of them they'll kill the MCU on TV.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #308
SoNicRaDiATioN
Side-Kick

Great news. I still can't believe it. Thank god they are staying away from ABC. I dropped AoS a couple of weeks ago, but this news gives me hope that we'll get high quality shows that actually take themselves (and the fanbase) seriously. I'm expecting great writing and acting.

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 11-07-2013 at 04:16 PM.
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #309
ShaZam612
Side-Kick

You should pick AoS up again. The past few episodes have been amazing in tone and story

ShaZam612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #310
SoNicRaDiATioN
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaZam612 View Post
You should pick AoS up again. The past few episodes have been amazing in tone and story

I don't hate the show, it's just come to the point where I don't care about it's fate. Even when I thought the shows were entertaining it never became "must see TV".

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 11-07-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #311
JJmelo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
Great news. I still can't believe it. Thank god they are staying away from ABC. I dropped AoS a couple of weeks ago, but this news gives me hope that we'll get high quality shows that actually take themselves (and the fanbase) seriously. I'm expecting great some writing and acting.
I hate to rain on ur parade but ABC is still producing these shows, its just not gonna be aired on the ABC network.

JJmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #312
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

ABC isn't afraid to go dark and mature. Now they won't have network restrictions.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #313
SoNicRaDiATioN
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJmelo View Post
I hate to rain on ur parade but ABC is still producing these shows, its just not gonna be aired on the ABC network.
But it's not on ABC and shouldn't have the same network restrictions. Add different writers/ showrunners and everything is looking up. Or am I completely wrong and we'll just get more mediocrity?

Old 11-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #314
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
ABC isn't afraid to go dark and mature. Now they won't have network restrictions.
Yep. The fact that they chose Netflix as the platform tells us they want to go in a certain direction. they could just have easily put these shows on ABC or one of their affiliates. Marvel knows damn well you can't do Daredevil with an Agents of SHIELD type tone.

1. The Avengers 2. The Dark Knight 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier . 4.[X-Men:DOFP[/B] 5.Spiderman 2 6. X2: X Men United. 7. Iron Man 8. Batman Begins. 9. X-Men: First Class 10. Captain America: The First Avenger
T"Challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #315
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

By the time 2015 rolls around, AoS should be a much better and cooler show than it is now. I expect more agents like Mockingbird to be added and villains like Taskmaster to be introduced by then. And hopefully less cowboy boots(looking at you, Skye) and more SHIELD uniforms by then, as well.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #316
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Yeah it took a while for Arrow to get rolling and feel like it really takes place in the DC universe. now it feels completely entranced in it. By next season HYDRA and AIM should be full villains in the series, we'll have more SHIELD agents from the comics, and Skye will hopefully be revealed as a character from the comics.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #317
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I hope there aren't any references to the Avengers in these shows to be honest. Dealing with the fallout of the movies is what AOS is for. They can have some offhand mentions of Stark Industries or crazy power guys but I'd prefer they just focus on the characters and the street level side of the Marvel Universe in these shows.

Also, in one of Daredevil's seasons, they should totally have a season of him and Black Widow teaming up. I think ScarJo would be down for a Netflix show.
Absolutely. I'll beg the showrunners for Black Widow and Kingpin in the Daredevil show....it just won't feel right without them. Whatever strings they have to pull with whatever studios, they *gotta* get Natasha and Fisk into Matt's story arc.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #318
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
But it's not on ABC and shouldn't have the same network restrictions. Add different writers/ showrunners and everything is looking up. Or am I completely wrong and we'll just get more mediocrity?
Marc Graser ‏@marcgraser 11m
Iger on Marvel shows on Netflix: "When we looked forward we saw there were only so many Marvel shows we could fit on ABC and Disney XD."

So look for these to feel very different from SHIELD

Old 11-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #319
SoNicRaDiATioN
Side-Kick

Awesome.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #320
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
By the time 2015 rolls around, AoS should be a much better and cooler show than it is now. I expect more agents like Mockingbird to be added and villains like Taskmaster to be introduced by then. And hopefully less cowboy boots(looking at you, Skye) and more SHIELD uniforms by then, as well.
The ratings keep getting lower, in time the show may end up striving just to get a 2nd season, let alone reaching 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #321
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

It would be funny if Matt Murdock somehow ends up defending RuffaHulk. It could be a better version of The Trial of The Incredible Hulk where DD would have a proper costume this time round and Hulk won't be a bodybuilder in green paint whose beard disappears when he transforms even though Banner has one.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #322
haephestus
Side-Kick

Wowsers!

Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage AND Iron Fist? All culminating in The Defenders. That's pretty darn impressive. I wonder if after The Defenders, they're planning on merging Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist into a single ongoing series?

haephestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #323
dsfjr1190
Side-Kick

The serialized nature of these shows sounds awesome, but I thought the head of television guy Jeph Loeb was against everything serialized because people are too dumb to follow an arc week to week.

I just hope its serialized in the way cable shows are serialized and not the way AoS is.

dsfjr1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #324
Mr. Dent
Banned User

So will anyone be disappointed if these aren't connected to the MCU?

Old 11-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #325
Chewy
REDACTED

Why wouldn't they be? That's been Marvel's MO for a while now. There's no reason to think they won't be, and honestly it'd make no sense for them not to be. The whole "shared universe" concept has driven a lot of interest toward Marvel's output