The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 09-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #126
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Default Re: Future TV shows from Marvel?

Daredevil could be a cool crime thriller to rival DC's Gotham

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Batman v Superman v Wonder Woman and a f*** load of characters
Dawn Of Setting Things Up for Justice Leauge
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #127
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Daredevil could be a cool crime thriller to rival DC's Gotham
Put it on A&E since Disney owns half of that.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #128
JJmelo
Side-Kick

Id be so down for a DD show in the future but Im ok with just AoS for now. The first episode was great imo and with Graviton being teased for ep3 im sure we will be getting real supers at some point in the show, plus it seems like it has a pretty good effects budget behind it.

JJmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #129
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Asked about plans for an Agent Carter TV spinoff, she added: "I read about that too. The one-shot was so successful, the fanbase were like, 'We want more of Peggy!'.

"I think Marvel probably take that very seriously, and it's certainly something I would be a part of doing. I'd be interested to show different sides of Peggy."

She continued: "Although she's kick-ass, and she can be aggressive and she can be just as competent as the men, it'd be nice to show that she's a feminist in a way.

"It's not just about her being aggressive and as aggressive as the men in those action sequences, but being able to be a little bit more rounded as a person."

Atwell added: "I think she could be a great role model and a great member of the Marvel Universe.

"I love the Marvel lot, they're really great people to work with, so it would be nice to go back and work with them again. I'd definitely do it."
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a5...r-tv-show.html

Translation from Hollywood speak: "We're definitely planning a show and I've definitely agreed to be in it."

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #130
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

It's great that she's enthusiastic about it, but doesn't she have any hesitations that it might hinder her film career being stuck in a TV series?

Of course, I don't see this being a long season but more like 13 episodes max, if that.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #131
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Well she mostly does TV stuff in England. I don't think she really cares or expects to be some kind of movie star.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #132
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
It's great that she's enthusiastic about it, but doesn't she have any hesitations that it might hinder her film career being stuck in a TV series?
I would suspect playing the lead role in a TV series spinoff from AOS would be an extremely attractive opportunity for all but a handfull of A-List actresses. It could be quite lucrative and lead to bigger and better opportunities on the big screen, if she chooses to go that route.

Quote:
Of course, I don't see this being a long season but more like 13 episodes max, if that.
I see "Marvel's Agent Carter of SHIELD" - wow, that's a mouthful - to be a full series, similar to AOS but in a different setting. The Marvel version of CSI:Miami, NCIS:LA, or Once Upon a Time in Neverland.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #133
Loki882
Side-Kick

She's mostly known for her TV work anyway, at least until TFA came along. Besides, TV can be a great gig, ask the people who starred on Breaking Bad, or currently star on Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, etc.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #134
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I don't think they should call it Agent Carter of SHIELD. A number of female driven shows are just the name of the character. So they could call it Carter or Peggy Carter.

Would also be similar to other successful male shows like Castle, Monk, Magnum, Columbo etc.

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #135
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I don't think they should call it Agent Carter of SHIELD. A number of female driven shows are just the name of the character. So they could call it Carter or Peggy Carter.

Would also be similar to other successful male shows like Castle, Monk, Magnum, Columbo etc.
they probably should try and find a title more original than Carter, and I do think the words Agent and SHIELD are a bit redundant as well. the 'Marvel's' before the title should bring the audience whatever the show is called

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #136
Lord
All Mighty

I really don't like the name Agent Carter of SHIELD, too similar to Agents of SHIELD, i think it should be titled just Agent Carter

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #137
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Marvel might not want to call it Agent Carter because the One-Shot is already called that, but who knows. That's the title I prefer anyway

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #138
Mr. Dent
Banned User

The oneshot being called Agent Carter doesn't make a bit of difference.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:46 AM   #139
Mr. Dent
Banned User

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/marv...able-networks/

Old 10-15-2013, 02:42 AM   #140
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

So they won't be on ABC? Good.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:55 AM   #141
Rorschach2012
$

I want Punisher, Daredevil, and Heroes for Hire.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:56 AM   #142
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
They'd probably go for someone older, but Jesse Plemons (that bastard Todd on Breaking Bad) would make a good Matt Murdock IMO
I actually really like this idea...

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:09 AM   #143
def28
Side-Kick

Punisher and Daredevil would be awesome. Also love to see Moon Knight.

If this isn't on ABC will everything still be tied together?

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:36 AM   #144
Mr. Dent
Banned User

No doubt the package would come with stipulations about allowing Marvel to tie the shows back into their other stuff.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:54 AM   #145
Silvermoth
Avenger

I'm hoping for the following...

1. She hulk
2. Daredevil
3. Luke cage and iron fist
4. Alias/Jessica jones

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:38 AM   #146
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

I would like to see.

1.Heroes for Hire
2.Punisher
3.Daredevil
4.Cloak n Dagger
5. Hulk(mini series)

I think that Agent Carter series will be probably be on ABC.

Reality Stone=Aether
Power Stone=Orb
Time Stone=?????
Soul Stone=?????
lozzy.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:51 AM   #147
Lord
All Mighty

Daredevil, Tomb of Drácula, Agent Carter and AKA Jessica Jones

If possible i would also like to see Guillermo Del Toro's The Incredible Hulk show see the light of day.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #148
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Maybe that mini-series is Loki related? An 8 episode miniseries, to me, sounds like it would the most cinematic-related, which makes me think they're prepping that one of the characters that can't have their own films but are so popular they deserve something of their own...like Loki, Hawkeye, or Black Widow. And of course that kind of thing would be more acceptable for big time movie actors like Renner and Johansson to do than traditional TV shows. I don't think it would be for the Hulk since he has a good chance at a movie somewhere down the line and even for an 8 episode mini it would be extremely intensive budget wise.

I'm leaning on a Loki miniseries.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #149
seahammer
Asgardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Maybe that mini-series is Loki related? An 8 episode miniseries, to me, sounds like it would the most cinematic-related, which makes me think they're prepping that one of the characters that can't have their own films but are so popular they deserve something of their own...like Loki, Hawkeye, or Black Widow. And of course that kind of thing would be more acceptable for big time movie actors like Renner and Johansson to do than traditional TV shows. I don't think it would be for the Hulk since he has a good chance at a movie somewhere down the line and even for an 8 episode mini it would be extremely intensive budget wise.

This is a good point and a cool idea. I'm always in favor of anything Asgard-related, plus TomH has done such a great job in the role, and his fans would eat something like this up.

As for a Hawkeye or BW mini, something like that would be a great release a month or so before A:AOU comes out. Good ideas here, Dent.

Oh, and for the other TV shows, I'll take Daredevil, please.

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #150
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post

Hawkeye & Black Widow mini-series would be excellent, as would a Loki mini-series just based on Hiddleston's performances so far.

Part of me wants Hawkeye/BW more, just because I feel like they've been a little underdeveloped in the movie franchise (in terms of backstory), but a Loki mini-series could be fun too. Having not read many Thor comics though, I think the challenge will be, how well you can separate Loki from Thor? I'm sure there are ways to do it, but I feel like the strength there is the on-again/off-again brotherly relationship. I'd be open to hearing ideas for a Loki mini-series, but I'm stumped for them myself at the moment.

H.U.S.T.L.E. is offline   Reply With Quote