The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 10-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #26
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Default Re: Virginia Governor Race heating up.

Ugh...

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/libe...c/-/index.html

Quote:
"We all know what happened here. As the goalposts kept changing over the past couple weeks, it became clear that the decision would be made on the basis of measures that have the patina of objectivity, but in fact are designed to exclude.

A decision made two weeks in advance of the debateóan eternity this close to Election Dayóbased on an average of polls released over a three-week window effectively anchors us to the lower numbers of older polls, even though our numbers continue to rise in every poll. I am disappointed, but not surprised.

Our political system has been distorted for the benefit of the two incumbent parties and no longer serves the voters of Virginia. That's why this campaign is such a breath of fresh air for so many people and why I remain undeterred.

To the voters of Virginia, I say this: I won't let anyone take away your right to hear from all the candidates. I will carry on the campaign and show you why I am - and my vision for a Virginia thatís both ďOpen-minded and Open for BusinessĒ is - the best choice for Governor of Virginia."

In better news, Sarvis 10/10 money bomb is still going on. Been going on for a few days I believe. Goal was to get $10,000 raised for more ads....he has gotten $11,000 so far. His first ad cost a little over 4K to air.

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #27
Anubis
Sup?

Gonna need more than that.

He should organize a rally right outside of the debate.

Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #28
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Gonna need more than that.

He should organize a rally right outside of the debate.

He's av in the polls is at 9%. Yet, this is taken into account weeks and weeks of polling I believe. Not just recent polling. So, Sarvis got screwed out of the final debate. Gee, two party system at work. Well, at least he had interviews on all 3 news stations in...I think Roanoke, recently?

At $12,400 raised with under a hour to go. Nice.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #29
Anubis
Sup?

Not really, but, relish the small victories and all that.

Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:56 AM   #30
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Not really, but, relish the small victories and all that.

One of the few things to look forward to as a 3rd party voter, so I...WAIT...for it......I will.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #31
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

In a huge blow to Sarvis, Ron Paul has endorsed Ken Cuccinelli for governor.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:35 AM   #32
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
In a huge blow to Sarvis, Ron Paul has endorsed Ken Cuccinelli for governor.

Oh, bloody hell, Paul. He only endorsed Ken cause Rand is so 2016 running.

In other news, Sarvis has extended his 10/10 money bomb to a 10/25 money bomb. He has now raised $15,905 dollars. Goal is 25K to run more ads on tv and get his poll numbers to 25% day after debate.

Well....he ain't giving up, that's good. And maybe he plans on running mulitple ads during the debate on tv? He ran one ad during the debate on the debate channel last time.

I have no clue anymore what Sarvis will poll. 5% should be a safe bet even if no appearance in the final debate and Ron endorsing Ken....cause, well....Gov't shutdown is hurting both parties and both guys aren't great. Sarvis polled 12% in a Politico poll earlier in teh week or so...others have him at 8 or 9%.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:56 AM   #33
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

not invited to final debate, still above 10% in polls.

Libertarian Sarvis at 11% in new poll, even with him not being invited to final debate. Democrat Mcauliffe at 46% and Republican Cuccinelli at 39%.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/blogs/f...228111771.html

Ouch. As a friend said on Facebook, there shouldn't be a final debate. Republican Cuccinelli won't win now. So, why debate? Why? Dude, you aren't gonna make up 7 points in 20 days now...C'mon. Hell, the GOP with their shutdown basically sank his battleship lol. The shutdown will benefit Terry, as well as for Sarvis.

In a NBC4/NBC News/Marist Poll conducted 10/13 to 10/15, he is at 9%. In the previous NBC4/NBC News/Marist Poll, he was at 8% on 9/17 to 9/19.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlin...228365681.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...111.html#polls

Last edited by enterthemadness; 10-19-2013 at 01:02 AM. Reason: More info.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #34
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Well, well...

Va Gov Debate Sponsor asks if Sarvis can be included after all.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...medium=twitter

Quote:
The sponsor of the final debate of the Virginia governorís race is reconsidering its decision to leave Libertarian candidate Robert Sarvis off the stage after hearing a public backlash. But Sarvis still appears unlikely to be included in the event because of ongoing opposition from Ken Cuccinelli IIís campaign.
Terry has said yes, ball in your court, Ken.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #35
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
The Cooch really is a cooch

SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #36
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Well, well...

Va Gov Debate Sponsor asks if Sarvis can be included after all.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...medium=twitter

You are aware as to why McAuliffe wants Sarvis in the debate. You don't even have to think all that hard.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #37
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
You are aware as to why McAuliffe wants Sarvis in the debate. You don't even have to think all that hard.
Personally I think it's wrong never to allow people who have over 1% support into a debate(and this goes beyond Virginia). I always remember Jesse Ventura saying his poll numbers dramatically increased after the first debate he was in

Old 10-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #38
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:

you mean he has motives behind his reason? Well, color me shocked, Mr. Hunter. Yes, I know, why. Here's another thing...the Republican won't win, so why even have a third debate?

Old 10-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #39
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

People will vote for McAuliffe for Governor, because while he's bland, completely lacking charisma or the ability to connect with people at least he seems sane and somewhat competent compared to his opponent Ken Crazynelli. All in all, he's pretty lucky to draw the guano insane-o tea-partier, because you're pretty much guaranteed a win no matter how unlikeable you are.

"Your" is possessive, used to describe something you own; i.e "I borrowed your book."

"You're" is a contraction of "you" and "are." "You're looking tired today," would be an example of the correct usage.
JJJ's Ulcer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:04 AM   #40
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
People will vote for McAuliffe for Governor, because while he's bland, completely lacking charisma or the ability to connect with people at least he seems sane and somewhat competent compared to his opponent Ken Crazynelli. All in all, he's pretty lucky to draw the guano insane-o tea-partier, because you're pretty much guaranteed a win no matter how unlikeable you are.
Personally I don't get how being for sodomy laws makes one a Tea Party favorite

Old 10-21-2013, 12:06 AM   #41
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Bat**** crazy has won the Tea Party a whole lot of seats in Congress and Virginia seems to go for hardcore, jam-a-probe-up-women's-vaginas governors, so why wouldn't Cooch have a chance?

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:07 AM   #42
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
you mean he has motives behind his reason? Well, color me shocked, Mr. Hunter. Yes, I know, why. Here's another thing...the Republican won't win, so why even have a third debate?
Of course Cuccinelli isn't going to win, it's more of a formality at this point. But McAullife knows as to why he's in the lead. It has nothing to do with him, he knows he's a terrible candidate, it all comes down to Cuccinelli being a Tea Party candidate in a moderate swing state and the government shut down affecting the GOP. McAullife knows that he has a fragile lead and it wants to do everything that it can to solidify that lead. Allowing Sarvis to get more exposure will help McAullife a lot because Sarvis is going to take votes away from Cuccinelli, not McAullife. It's better to just simply play it safe than taking the lead for granted.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #43
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Of course Cuccinelli isn't going to win, it's more of a formality at this point. But McAullife knows as to why he's in the lead. It has nothing to do with him, he knows he's a terrible candidate, it all comes down to Cuccinelli being a Tea Party candidate in a moderate swing state and the government shut down affecting the GOP. McAullife knows that he has a fragile lead and it wants to do everything that it can to solidify that lead. Allowing Sarvis to get more exposure will help McAullife a lot because Sarvis is going to take votes away from Cuccinelli, not McAullife. It's better to just simply play it safe than taking the lead for granted.
Sarvis will definitely help McAullife, but I don't think it will be by much. Chances are a few people who if only given 2 options would probably plug their nose and vote McAullife(say about 20-25%) combined with 40-50% who probably would just not vote at all or find some other person to vote for leaving the Cooch with a slight gain in voters if Sarvis wasn't in the race

Old 10-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #44
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
Sarvis will definitely help McAullife, but I don't think it will be by much. Chances are a few people who if only given 2 options would probably plug their nose and vote McAullife(say about 20-25%) combined with 40-50% who probably would just not vote at all or find some other person to vote for leaving the Cooch with a slight gain in voters if Sarvis wasn't in the race
McAullife would still be the slight favorite if Sarvis wasn't in the race due to the environment created in this race, but the lead would be rather slim and Cuccinelli could have the opportunity to catch up. Sarvis in the race and attracting almost 10% of the vote on the other hand.....it takes McAullife away from being a slight favorite to a guaranteed win. Sarvis is making it completely impossible for Cuccinelli to catch up at all. It's possible to catch up 5 or less points in 20 days. But 10 points in that time frame? No way.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:48 AM   #45
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
McAullife would still be the slight favorite if Sarvis wasn't in the race due to the environment created in this race, but the lead would be rather slim and Cuccinelli could have the opportunity to catch up. Sarvis in the race and attracting almost 10% of the vote on the other hand.....it takes McAullife away from being a slight favorite to a guaranteed win. Sarvis is making it completely impossible for Cuccinelli to catch up at all. It's possible to catch up 5 or less points in 20 days. But 10 points in that time frame? No way.
As I said about 20-25% of Sarvis voters would vote for McAullife(I saw that number a few weeks ago) if it was a 2 man race and I think it's wrong to assume the other 75-80% instantly would become the Cooch voters(as I said a good percentage of those still wouldn't vote the Cooch either by not showing up or pick some other third party guy). I am guessing at most Sarvis in the race costs the Cooch 2-3%

Last edited by SV Fan; 10-21-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:59 AM   #46
JJJ's Ulcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Bat**** crazy has won the Tea Party a whole lot of seats in Congress and Virginia seems to go for hardcore, jam-a-probe-up-women's-vaginas governors, so why wouldn't Cooch have a chance?
You obviously know very little about modern Virginia. The entire northern part is pretty progressive and mostly votes for Democrats (see the last two Presidential elections). Insane tea-partiers can usually only get elected to house-seats in Virginia and in the state legislature. Unfortunately that's enough to pass some pretty bad laws. State-wide elections are a lot harder, especially for someone as crazy as Coochie.

"Your" is possessive, used to describe something you own; i.e "I borrowed your book."

"You're" is a contraction of "you" and "are." "You're looking tired today," would be an example of the correct usage.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:36 AM   #47
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
As I said about 20-25% of Sarvis voters would vote for McAullife(I saw that number a few weeks ago) if it was a 2 man race and I think it's wrong to assume the other 75-80% instantly would become the Cooch voters(as I said a good percentage of those still wouldn't vote the Cooch either by not showing up or pick some other third party guy). I am guessing at most Sarvis in the race costs the Cooch 2-3%
It really makes no sense for people who would vote for Sarvis to chose McAullife over Cucinelli.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:10 AM   #48
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
You obviously know very little about modern Virginia. The entire northern part is pretty progressive and mostly votes for Democrats (see the last two Presidential elections). Insane tea-partiers can usually only get elected to house-seats in Virginia and in the state legislature. Unfortunately that's enough to pass some pretty bad laws. State-wide elections are a lot harder, especially for someone as crazy as Coochie.
Oh, I know about the political split between NOVA and the rest of the state. But the conservative element was able to vote McDonnell in and the majority seemed fairly happy with laws requiring probes be rammed into women's orifices and who knows what else insanity until nationwide ridicule forced a retreat. VA will probably have McAuliffe for one term, followed by another conservative, swing back to the left, ad nauseam.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:20 AM   #49
JJJ's Ulcer

Granted McDonnell was bad, but nowhere near as cray-cray as a Governor Ken Coochie would be. And let's remember even New Jersey, California and Maine elects GOP Governors from time to time, so I don't think it's too reflective of Virginia as a whole, but merely part of a cycle.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:11 AM   #50
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Richmond Times refuses to endorse anybody for Governor.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/opinion...edf4741f3.html

It does say nice things about Mr. Sarvis, but cannot endorse him due to well, ''no experience''.

Quote:
Libertarian Robert Sarvis has neither embarrassed himself nor insulted the commonwealth. He lacks the experience the job demands, however.

Moreover, while The Times-Dispatch finds considerable merit in the libertarian ethos, the libertarian ideology is a luxury afforded by a political, economic and social climate that, despite the nationís commitment to liberty, was not created by libertarian doctrine. We fear Sarvis would be in over his head.

Still, a vote for him would not be wasted but would serve notice to Republicans and Democrats that the electorate rejects their surly antics. Citizens whose votes reflect their ideals do not throw away their ballots.
This reminds me when Ron Paul said on FOX Business or FOX News that he thinks Gary Johnson is a good guy, but wouldn't endorse him. This was back in 2012 election.