The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

View Poll Results: Best Thor centric action scene so far?
Thor 1 opening, Asgard vs Jotunheim 0 0%
Thor, Loki, The Warriors 3 and Sif vs Frost Giants 4 44.44%
Thor (sans powers) vs SHIELD 0 0%
Sif + The Warriors 3 vs The Destroyer 0 0%
Thor vs The Destroyer 0 0%
Thor vs Loki (Thor) 0 0%
Thor vs Iron Man 1 11.11%
Thor vs Hulk 1 11.11%
Thor vs Loki (The Avengers) 0 0%
Thors scenes in the battle for New York 0 0%
TDW opening, Asgard vs The Dark Elves 0 0%
Thor, Sif and Asgard vs The Marauders 0 0%
The Dark Elves invade Asgard 0 0%
Thor, Loki and Jane escape Asgard 0 0%
Thor vs Kurse (with a little help from Loki) 2 22.22%
Loki vs Dark Elves 0 0%
Thor vs Malekith 1 11.11%
Other, just in case I missed any. 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Best Thor-world only action scene so far?

Right, we have had the best action scene from TDW thread, but a debate on the Thor vs TDW thread gave me the idea for this thread, so the Avengers is counted, but only Thor's involvement in them, as I want to see what people think is the best Thor action scene we have gotten so far.

I cant decide between Jotunheim and Thor vs Iron Man at the moment, so will vote when I have thought about it more, but other people, please vote away.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:03 AM   #2
one4smoke
Side-Kick

Default Re: Best Thor-world only action scene so far?

I think Thor, Loki, The Warriors 3 and Sif vs Frost Giants has been the best so far. Lots of hammer action.

Thor vs Iron Man second. Although, that battle shouldn't have been much of one, but I understand why it had to be. I like re-watching the entire "mountain top" scene, starting where Thor takes Loki from the plane.

Last edited by one4smoke; 11-29-2013 at 02:07 AM.
one4smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
Bert
Side-Kick

Thor VS Kurse, Thor getting challenged, beaten in fact... Much more interesting than anything that happened previously with Thor stomping everyone unopposed.

Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #4
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by one4smoke View Post
I think Thor, Loki, The Warriors 3 and Sif vs Frost Giants has been the best so far. Lots of hammer action.

Thor vs Iron Man second. Although, that battle shouldn't have been much of one, but I understand why it had to be. I like re-watching the entire "mountain top" scene, starting where Thor takes Loki from the plane.
I think I will have to vote the same as you, Thor vs Iron Man was amazing to see from a fan perspective, but really Thor should have been dominating, even with IM's 400% power increase, it was a bit too short as well, so yeah, the Jotunheim sequence is getting my vote.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 11-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I think I will have to vote the same as you, Thor vs Iron Man was amazing to see from a fan perspective, but really Thor should have been dominating, even with IM's 400% power increase, it was a bit too short as well, so yeah, the Jotunheim sequence is getting my vote.
Same for me. I'll have to say the frost giant fight was flawed (to dark and too close up) but but the actual action choreography was the best. The IM vs Thor fight was a close second second it had no flaws from a choreography stand point though. The IM vs Thor battle should have been the Destory vs Thor battle in Thor 1. lol

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #6
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^So many good moments on the FG battle, the action scenes in the sequel were really too short. I loved Thor vs Kurse just because it was shocking to see Thor get pummelled, but the fight should have been a bit longer, same with IM vs Thor, both fights seemed to end just when they were getting started.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #7
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Hmmm I'm gonna have to say Thor vs Iron Man & Thor vs Malekith.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote