The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 2

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 12-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 1

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 12-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I can understand how one would not want pants for an Amazon,

but cleavage that showcases that she indeed has a huge rack is totally irrelevant (and not preferred, imo).
It's more about her looking womanly I think. Fuller figure girls have far more appeal because frankly they look healthier, yes breasts included ( and I'm not talking size Double D's).

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #4
roach
I am the night

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 3

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #5
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
It's more about her looking womanly I think. Fuller figure girls have far more appeal because frankly they look healthier, yes breasts included ( and I'm not talking size Double D's).

I'm always talkin' bout' Size DD.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #6
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Right. That's why I'm fine with complaints about her figure in general.

But to just complain about the breasts...?

Old 12-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #7
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #8
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Her physique is fine (especially after Gym Jones is through with her). The size of her breasts while not "accurate" to the typical Wonder Woman representation is a small visual cue in comparison to her actual racial background and the way she'll be able to perform as WW. Those are far more important in my book.

If it's such a big deal during filming there are many ways the costume designer will use any given clothing to emphasis their "appearance". It has been done a thousand times in a number of films.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 12-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #9
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Some people just want bewbs like this...

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 12-10-2013, 12:00 AM   #10
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post

I don't know if you're joking or not. Wonder Woman won't be blonde that much I'll tell you right now.

Her hair is going to be black. Money on it. Snyder is a slave to the visuals from comic books when it comes to the "hero" characters. His visual fidelity is unmatched.
But Snyder decided that Lois Lane's hair should not be black.

*\S/T*
Old 12-10-2013, 12:00 AM   #11
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Some people just want bewbs like this...

That entire look is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 12-10-2013, 12:01 AM   #12
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Perry's also Black, there are no Superman trunks, and Krypton looked completely different.

Some things Snyder changes, others he keeps the same.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #13
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
But Snyder decided that Lois Lane's hair should not be black.
Some things are far more quintessential. There have been instances where Lois hair isn't black.

Wonder Woman however has a very definitive look. When it comes to the main character he's pretty good at being faithful when it comes to hair color and other important physical visual cues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Perry's also Black, there are no Superman trunks, and Krypton looked completely different.

Some things Snyder changes, others he keeps the same.
Krypton has looked different in various stories. There's never one singular look. Perry isn't anywhere near as iconic as Wonder Woman and trunks have been coming to a point of extinction for a while now.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 12-10-2013, 12:20 AM   #14
Aj Zaza

Today, I made a tribute video of Gal.

I think she will be perfect for the role of Wonder Woman if only she can gain some weight (I hope she started eating already!). She was thin a few years ago, but I think has increased her weight over this year (she was already slightly less thin in Fast and Furious 6).

Her personality really seems great.

For my video I used Israeli television clips from when she was younger.

Watch my video below and tell me what you think: she can really change her look at different times.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Aj Zaza; 12-10-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #15
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj Zaza View Post
Today, I made a tribute/fanboy video of Gal

(using plenty of clips less known, from Israel).

The video include three interviews with her, and also clips for F & F.

Watch it below and tell me what you think:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Fixed.

Thanks Aj!
And welcome to SHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 12-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #16
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Some things are far more quintessential. There have been instances where Lois hair isn't black.

Wonder Woman however has a very definitive look. When it comes to the main character he's pretty good at being faithful when it comes to hair color and other important physical visual cues.

Krypton has looked different in various stories. There's never one singular look. Perry isn't anywhere near as iconic as Wonder Woman and trunks have been coming to a point of extinction for a while now.
BUT SUPERMAN DIDN'T HAVE TEH SPITCURL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #17
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
BUT SUPERMAN DIDN'T HAVE TEH SPITCURL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Clark did.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2013, 12:45 AM   #18
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
That entire look is awesome.
Here's the description if you haven't read it before...

Quote:
ULTIMATE WONDER WOMAN

THE ORIGIN: Born on the cloaked Mediterranean island of Themyscira, Princess Diana was trained since birth as an Amazon, using evolved Greek technology in its art of warfare. Blessed with her native Amazon abilities of superhuman strength and durability, the athletic princess earns the right through trial by combat to be the one to enter Man’s World. But her office as emissary of peace is a ruse. Wonder Woman hasn’t come to Man’s World to foster relations, she’s come as an advance spy for an Amazonian race bent on conquering it!

THE CHARACTER: Meet the ultimate warrior. Diana was trained not only as an Amazon soldier but also in the ways of the people she plans to deceive. In fact, her own battle gear has been purposely modeled after the U.S. flag’s colors, to further endear her to the world’s superpower nation.

SUPPORTING CAST: Steve Trevor, U.S. delegate to the United Nations, hires Diana as an advisor on international relations. The job perfectly suits Diana’s mission as it’s a means to not only survey the world’s defenses but as a way to meet and access its top leaders.

THE FIRST ARC: Leaving Themyscira for the first time in her life, Diana comes to New York and is an immediate cultural icon to its people. But as Diana grows closer and more in touch with the outside world, she’s not sure if she can carry out her Amazon duties. Nicknamed Wonder Woman by Trevor when she’s seen in action, Diana slowly finds herself stepping in as guardian to a race she has vowed to conquer.

THE BIG PICTURE: After deciding that Man’s World isn’t as big a blight as her fellow Amazon’s believe, Diana’s forced to choose a side: fight alongside her new allies in the JLA or with the legions of her Amazon sisters? And how will her Justice League teammates—and the world—react when the truth behind the disappearance of men from Themyscira is revealed?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 12-10-2013, 01:50 AM   #19
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
That's not what people are going to interpret when they see fuller breasts emphasized in WW's costume though. All the audience is going to be thinking either: 1) nice eye-candy *drool*, 2) this goes against feminism and WW's character, ****ing Snyder man, 3) meh.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:54 AM   #20
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

gina torres as hyppolita.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:12 AM   #21
D.P.
Banned User

Her breasts aren't really a concern of mine. I would like to see some muscle mass and definition added though. Just so her feats of strength don't look ridiculous on screen.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:15 AM   #22
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Her physique is fine (especially after Gym Jones is through with her). The size of her breasts while not "accurate" to the typical Wonder Woman representation is a small visual cue in comparison to her actual racial background and the way she'll be able to perform as WW. Those are far more important in my book.

If it's such a big deal during filming there are many ways the costume designer will use any given clothing to emphasis their "appearance". It has been done a thousand times in a number of films.
Angelina Jolie notoriously wore a wonderbra for Lara Croft that made her boobs pop out of the screen and nearly upstaged her performance.

But I wouldn't mind Gal getting a "little bit of help".

Old 12-10-2013, 05:37 AM   #23
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I really don't like the idea of WW with pants. They look far too modern. Sometimes they come across like leggings or sweat pants, or in other pics they look like tight jeans. I prefer she has bare legs to hint at her Amazonian and Greek origin. I don't care whether it's a battle skirt or swimsuit, as long as her legs aren't covered. Long pants just don't fit with the idea of an ancient culture.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:00 AM   #24
regwec
Shakespearo

Not an ancient Mediterranean culture, anyway.

I agree with you. The skirt can be knee-length if modesty is an issue; the point is that pants/leggings are culturally inappropriate.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:06 AM   #25
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

I say the battle/gladiator skirt is the way to go. It's kind of win-win. The pervs will win because there's a pause button on DVD, and the prudes(as well as people who just like that aesthetic) will win because it's less revealing than her normal outfit.

Closed Thread