The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 10-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #101
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Should this have a Batman Villian and if so who should it be?

That sounds like a mix between Catwoman from Batman Returns and Talia from Rises. Personally, I'd go with Shiva being hired to kill Bruce. If he needs a love interest, my suggestion would be Sasha Bordeaux.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #102
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin

Rinko for Shiva.
Paula Patton for Sasha

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #103
Afrobean
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
No, she hasn't. However, this is a movie, so different rules apply. Lois never new that Clark was Superman BEFORE he actually became Superman before either.
Actually, there's precedent in the Smallville TV show.

You're right that they could make up something completely new for the movie, but do they need to? Changing Lois for Man of Steel made her character appear more competent as an investigative reporter and solidified a connection between her and Clark. What would we gain from changing Lady Shiva into a love interest? If we just want to hit the love interest plus enemy trope, Batman has a few that already fit that well. Pushing another female enemy into the lover category might just make it appear to casual fans that Batman just hooks up with ALL of the female villains. Yeah, if we just HAVE TO have a love interest for Batman here and that love interest just HAS TO also be a villain, the only way I can see that working is having Ra's al Ghul as a primary threat for Supes/Bats and involving Talia in some way. Talia is supposed to be half Chinese, I believe, so maybe an exotic east Asian actress could work for her as well?

I don't think it's necessary though. I would personally have Batman come to town investigating Intergang or something, and Superman finds him and confronts him. Perhaps Superman thinks Batman is involved with Intergang, while Batman picks a fight over Superman being willing to kill. They would butt heads through the end of the second act, and meanwhile Luthor would be working to "expose" Superman as an enemy using a political smear campaign. Climax in the third act would be Superman and Batman begrudgingly coming together to stop Luthor's scheme, which may or may not include a Superman clone (Bizarro? Superboy?), Metallo, etc. No Batman villain, no love interest for Bruce, and in fact, Bruce probably shouldn't even appear at all.

Afrobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #104
DavidTyler
Side-Kick

Actually, I kinda like the idea of Deathstroke and Lex. As much as I love the Joker, as someone said previously, he would draw more attention to Batman. This movie should really be a Superman film with Batman as a guest

DavidTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #105
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Actually, there's precedent in the Smallville TV show.

You're right that they could make up something completely new for the movie, but do they need to? Changing Lois for Man of Steel made her character appear more competent as an investigative reporter and solidified a connection between her and Clark. What would we gain from changing Lady Shiva into a love interest? If we just want to hit the love interest plus enemy trope, Batman has a few that already fit that well. Pushing another female enemy into the lover category might just make it appear to casual fans that Batman just hooks up with ALL of the female villains. Yeah, if we just HAVE TO have a love interest for Batman here and that love interest just HAS TO also be a villain, the only way I can see that working is having Ra's al Ghul as a primary threat for Supes/Bats and involving Talia in some way. Talia is supposed to be half Chinese, I believe, so maybe an exotic east Asian actress could work for her as well.
Shiva wouldn't need to be a love interest.
Just a badass martial artist, who is more than a match for Batman. Aggressive, beautiful and deadly.
Also, compensation for us losing Antje Traue

I believe in Batfleck

Old 10-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #106
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Still want Brolin for Deathstroke..

Old 10-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #107
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin

Deathstroke and Lady Shiva

If Slade is part of the US Government, it would fit in nicely with the context of the story.

I believe in Batfleck

Old 10-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #108
Dk1201
Side-Kick

what is wrong with Batman hooking up with all his female villians

He is the GOD $%^& BATMAN

Dk1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #109
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodie Foster View Post
You've got a point there. Superman Returns came out only 2 years before The Dark Knight. But, Superman Returns in general or Kevin Spacey's performance didn't have nearly the same cultural impact that The Dark Knight and Heath Ledger's performance did.

But yeah, Lex has been way more overused in live action than Joker has. Lex was in 3 Reeve era films, Lois & Clark, Smallville, then Superman Returns.

It'd make a lot of sense if they went with Joker and Luthor. Maybe add one more villain that we haven't seen before, and I think you've got a solid film there.
It only makes sense to me, if you are to have both a Superman AND a Batman villain, if the Superman villain is Lex, Supe's arch-enemy, then the Batman villain has to be the Joker, Batman's arch-enemy.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #110
Loki882
Side-Kick

Except that this is a SUPERMAN film that happens to have Batman in it. Having Batman's greatest enemy in it would be too much. Save Joker for a solo Batman film where he can get the proper attention. Having one of Batman's "assassin/mercenary" type foes like Deathstroke, or Shiva, or Deadshot, would fit in the context of this film better imo. Plus, I'm kind of operating under the "lets see villains that haven't been in a movie before first" type philosophy.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #111
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Joker also has a long, proud history of stealing the spotlight nearly every time he shows up in a movie, show, cartoon, or comic. I want Lex to be the villain here, since both Superman and Batman can oppose Lex in different ways, if another villain is in, I want him to be in through Lex's resources, a villain like Deathstroke would do that easily, as well as giving us one hell of a good fight scene with Batman.

KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #112
shauner111
Side-Kick

If Joker was here he would even steal the spotlight from Batman and Superman. They cant have that.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #113
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

Quote:
Except that this is a SUPERMAN film that happens to have Batman in it. Having Batman's greatest enemy in it would be too much. Save Joker for a solo Batman film where he can get the proper attention. Having one of Batman's "assassin/mercenary" type foes like Deathstroke, or Shiva, or Deadshot, would fit in the context of this film better imo. Plus, I'm kind of operating under the "lets see villains that haven't been in a movie before first" type philosophy.
it's batman vs superman. it isn't superman guest starring batman.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #114
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
it's batman vs superman. it isn't superman guest starring batman.
actually we have no idea how the importance of the two roles will be balanced out. people seem to forget how little we currently know about the movie.

KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #115
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wrong.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #116
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
actually we have no idea how the importance of the two roles will be balanced out. people seem to forget how little we currently know about the movie.
We know enough. The fact that they were tossing titles around like Batman vs Superman, Superman vs Batman and World's Finest, tells us this isn't just some Superman solo film featuring Batman in a handful of scenes.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #117
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
We know enough. The fact that they were tossing titles around like Batman vs Superman, Superman vs Batman and World's Finest, tells us this isn't just some Superman solo film featuring Batman in a handful of scenes.
Still. If it's more than 45% Batman I'll be somewhat disappointed.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #118
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Still. If it's more than 45% Batman I'll be somewhat disappointed.
45 percent? LOL why not 50? It's batman versus superman, it should be 50/50.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #119
the last son
Side-Kick

I'm pretty sure it'll be 55/45 in favor if superman just because he's already established and will need to be explored further. I doubt joker is in this. not enough room for four heavyweights. Someone is bound to get the short end. I vote deathstroke.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #120
Frodo
Side-Kick

I could see them using Joker for several reasons whether it be for providing a hugely popular Batman villain from a GA pov as a threat, to further jump start the new Batman continuity in the DCU, and from a marketing pov of having Batman's ultimate villain and Superman's ultimate villain in the BvS film etc.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if Goyer has chosen a lesser known villain(s) to GA ala Batman Begins and TDKR. Its hard to tell cause Goyer has surprised us before. There weren't many people who guessed that Zod would be the baddie in MOS , nor Bane in TDKR , or even Ra's Al Ghul in BB . So I wouldn't put it past Goyer to throw the new version of the Joker in BvS or by the same token having Metallo or Parasite as the villains .

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #121
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I'm pretty sure it'll be 55/45 in favor if superman just because he's already established and will need to be explored further. I doubt joker is in this. not enough room for four heavyweights. Someone is bound to get the short end. I vote deathstroke.
OK 55/45 I can deal with since it really is a sequel to a Superman movie. But I cant see it being any less than 45 percent on Batman's end. Otherwise just call it MOS 2. They'll most likely have Batman in the title or at least on every poster with Superman.

Deathstroke is a much better choice than Joker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I could see them using Joker for several reasons whether it be for providing a hugely popular Batman villain from a GA pov as a threat, to further jump start the new Batman continuity in the DCU, and from a marketing pov of having Batman's ultimate villain and Superman's ultimate villain in the BvS film etc.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if Goyer has chosen a lesser known villain(s) to GA ala Batman Begins and TDKR. Its hard to tell cause Goyer has surprised us before. There weren't many people who guessed that Zod would be the baddie in MOS , nor Bane in TDKR , or even Ra's Al Ghul in BB . So I wouldn't put it past Goyer to throw the new version of the Joker in BvS or by the same token having Metallo or Parasite as the villains .
If i may be so bold, id say there's ZERO chance of Joker being in this movie. Joker will overshadow everything and that's not the point of this movie. batman and superman have to be the only ones who market this film. Even Lex wont have as big of a role than we think. That's how I see it.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #122
Rorschach2012
$

I'm getting tired of speculating about the villains. I wish they'd at least cast Lex or something, we're going in circles

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #123
Rockbottom
Side-Kick

It would be such a mess if they used The Joker on top of all the other new stuff they have to introduce and balance. This would be the perfect opportunity to use a lesser known villain that couldn't hold up a solo Bat-movie and make them a big name in the general public so that they can sell a solo movie on their own.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #124
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
it's called superman vs batman. I'd imagine that it'd be 50/50.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #125
Rorschach2012
$

If it's really going to be 50/50, and Superman will be facing off against his arch nemesis, it makes the most logical sense for Joker to be involved.

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote