The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Old 10-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #126
Frodo
Side-Kick

Default Re: Should this have a Batman Villian and if so who should it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post

If i may be so bold, id say there's ZERO chance of Joker being in this movie. Joker will overshadow everything and that's not the point of this movie. batman and superman have to be the only ones who market this film. Even Lex wont have as big of a role than we think. That's how I see it.
Well at this point I wouldn't put my money down to any villain given that Goyer has been be something of a wild card as far as fan speculation goes. It may end up being a pure versus film, a Superman villain other than Lex, or we may even get an original villain who could compliment both heroes. I could see WB mandating Joker inclusion given that they mandated this film anyway, but Goyer may go with a left field choice that fans wouldn't think he would use.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #127
Man.of.Tomorrow
Side-Kick

For the record, I think it'll be closer to 60/40 in favour of Supes rather than 50/50.

I also think Lex Luther will be the villain, espec considering the foreshadowing they did in MoS.

I'm aware it's all guesswork at this stage. I'm sure we'll get a bit more of an idea once they start shooting.

But just because the (working) title is BvS doesn't mean it's going to be split 50-50. Having Batman in a Superman movie is going to draw in an audience, so why not capitalise on that and play it up?

Ehhh, we'll see I guess.

Man.of.Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #128
ЯɘvlveR
Morocco Bob-omb

that's not what 50/50 should mean. just because lex is supes arch nemesis doesn't mean batman's arch nemesis needs to be in this. at that point, it'll just be a cluster****. superman should be the reason bruce comes to metropolis, under the facade of doing business with luthor, while luthor has the issues with superman that he does. it works as a triangle theory.

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #129
ЯɘvlveR
Morocco Bob-omb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
that's not what 50/50 should mean. just because lex is supes arch nemesis doesn't mean batman's arch nemesis needs to be in this. at that point, it'll just be a cluster****. superman should be the reason bruce comes to metropolis, under the facade of doing business with luthor, while luthor has the issues with superman that he does. it works as a triangle theory.
to add to that, there should be some muscle to handle both the batman and superman. any combo of deathstroke plus metallo, parasite, or a bizarro'd zod, could work well.

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #130
Jumpin' Jack
Zero Gravity

you keep going on about 50/50 and how it's Superman vs Batman, does not that clearly show that Batman is going to be the main opposition

Old 10-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #131
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man.of.Tomorrow View Post
For the record, I think it'll be closer to 60/40 in favour of Supes rather than 50/50.

I also think Lex Luther will be the villain, espec considering the foreshadowing they did in MoS.

I'm aware it's all guesswork at this stage. I'm sure we'll get a bit more of an idea once they start shooting.

But just because the (working) title is BvS doesn't mean it's going to be split 50-50. Having Batman in a Superman movie is going to draw in an audience, so why not capitalise on that and play it up?

Ehhh, we'll see I guess.
In my version, it would be more like 70/30 with the lead on Supes.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #132
Rorschach2012
$

My ideal film would probably feature Joker and Luthor. I want to see some villains that we haven't seen before, but I really want to see new versions of Luthor and Joker. Luthor can provide the muscle with his powersuit

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #133
Dk1201
Side-Kick

I want Joker and Clayface as the villians....

and superman can be there too I guess

Dk1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #134
Lord
All Mighty

Keep Joker for another film, i hope the next one mainly focuses on Lex Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #135
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Personally I wouldn't mind if Joker was Saved for Justice league... Joker and the Royal Flush Gang versus the Justice League

Old 10-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #136
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk1201 View Post
I want Joker and Clayface as the villians....

and superman can be there too I guess
Well then it's the Arkham City team up with Superman thrown in.

Joker and Lex Luthor really make the most sense, think about how much money that would make them... my god...

But I do get the criticisms of having joker involved. That's completely valid. "It may be too soon, may take the spotlight off of Bats and Supes, he should be saved for the solo Batfilms" all valid.

But really, that's the villain team up that makes the most sense to face off against Bats and Supes. The 2 greatest heroes against the 2 greatest villains... it writes itself. It also helps that the well received Bruce Timm version of World's Finest used those two as villains...

Old 10-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #137
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk1201 View Post
Personally I wouldn't mind if Joker was Saved for Justice league... Joker and the Royal Flush Gang versus the Justice League
Like the JLU episode? That'd work i guess... I don't see Joker as the main villain facing off against all of the JL though

But if we're looking at JLU for inspiration, their interpretations of Vandal Savage and Doctor Destiny were both particularly awesome

Old 10-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #138
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Like the JLU episode? That'd work i guess... I don't see Joker as the main villain facing off against all of the JL though

But if we're looking at JLU for inspiration, their interpretations of Vandal Savage and Doctor Destiny were both particularly awesome

Doctor Destiny was why I wanted to see a Batman Vs Freddy and Jason film made a fan trailer for it too.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #139
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbottom View Post
It would be such a mess if they used The Joker on top of all the other new stuff they have to introduce and balance. This would be the perfect opportunity to use a lesser known villain that couldn't hold up a solo Bat-movie and make them a big name in the general public so that they can sell a solo movie on their own.
Then don't use Luthor either.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #140
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Well then it's the Arkham City team up with Superman thrown in.

Joker and Lex Luthor really make the most sense, think about how much money that would make them... my god...

But I do get the criticisms of having joker involved. That's completely valid. "It may be too soon, may take the spotlight off of Bats and Supes, he should be saved for the solo Batfilms" all valid.

But really, that's the villain team up that makes the most sense to face off against Bats and Supes. The 2 greatest heroes against the 2 greatest villains... it writes itself. It also helps that the well received Bruce Timm version of World's Finest used those two as villains...
I understand the criticisms from a fan perspective , but as far as a marketing perspective to the GA and to establish Affleck's Batman world , having the Joker really doesn't hurt. Fair or not , he is Batman's ultimate foe and he's a cultural icon . Having those four iconic characters Batman, Superman, Lex Luthor, and the Joker all together for the first time would be pretty epic and you'd be hard pressed not to have members of GA who wouldn't wanna check it out.

However, if the film is just a MOS sequel with Batman in it, than Batman would be enough in terms of a threat and having the Joker in there would seem a bit top heavy.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #141
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
Then don't use Luthor either.
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #142
Man.of.Tomorrow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
In my version, it would be more like 70/30 with the lead on Supes.
That's what I'd prefer too tbh!

Man.of.Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #143
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I understand the criticisms from a fan perspective , but as far as a marketing perspective to the GA and to establish Affleck's Batman world , having the Joker really doesn't hurt. Fair or not , he is Batman's ultimate foe and he's a cultural icon . Having those four iconic characters Batman, Superman, Lex Luthor, and the Joker all together for the first time would be pretty epic and you'd be hard pressed not to have members of GA who wouldn't wanna check it out.

However, if the film is just a MOS sequel with Batman in it, than Batman would be enough in terms of a threat and having the Joker in there would seem a bit top heavy.
I'm sure WB has thought about the potential $$$ that could be made from having their 4 arguably biggest characters in the same film. it's too good of an opportunity to pass up...

If this is what happens, Lex in a powersuit vs Superman has to happen in the final battle.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #144
Loki882
Side-Kick

This is a SUPERMAN movie, of course Luthor should be in it, especially after all the foreshadowing in MOS. Batman is a guest star, nothing more.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #145
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Wrong.
Goyer and Snyder have both said this, so no, not wrong.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #146
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

It's not a 50/50 share.

The story will focus on Superman and Clark more than Batman and Bruce Wayne.

I'm guessing the movie will just throw Batman into it and we're supposed to act as if we've known him for years.

Like somebody said, his role will probably be the equivalent of Harvey Dent in TDK. A significant and substantial part, but not the main focus.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #147
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Goyer and Snyder have both said this, so no, not wrong.
Can you provide some quotes?

Old 10-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #148
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
I think the same

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #149
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man.of.Tomorrow View Post
That's what I'd prefer too tbh!
We're three

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote