The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #251
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

So Latino Review confirms the casting of Kick Ass himself as Pietro.

That's one of those "well duh" type moments. Don't get me wrong, he'll be a nice addition to the film, but he's been rumored for a very long time. LR was just announcing what we all knew was going to happen.

I'd expect him to not only be in Age of Ultron, but I could also see him pop up in a future Inhumans movie (if they want to go route of QS falling in love with Crystal) as well as Avengers 3.

I also expect that we'll see Ultron backed by an army of his very own clones. I don't think we'll see Vision or Jocasta

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 10-04-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #252
Silvermoth
Avenger

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

I reckon we'll see vision turn up sooner rather than later. It would be crazy to have wanda make her first appearance in an Ultron film and miss that opportunity.

As for johnsons hair, I think it's pretty important because it gives him a eurotrashy look as well as an anti authoritive look which is perfect for the character

Old 10-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #253
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyin View Post
Why is everyone making a big deal out of those quotes now when we've had them for months?
Completely agree. This interview is really old news and it is no confirmation at all. Eh Maybe is in troll mode again and somehow people still believe every word he writes

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 10-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #254
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
I reckon we'll see vision turn up sooner rather than later. It would be crazy to have wanda make her first appearance in an Ultron film and miss that opportunity.

As for johnsons hair, I think it's pretty important because it gives him a eurotrashy look as well as an anti authoritive look which is perfect for the character
I don't think we'll see Vision until Avengers 3, but if he shows up before then, maybe it's JARVIS that becomes Vision.

But for now, I say that it'll be Ultron and his army of clones vs. The Avengers.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 10-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #255
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
The hair is a rare identifiable trait of the character. Shame to lose it.
this is what they settled on in X-Men Days of the Future Past.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...l0xEGCGLX6p4SB

Old 10-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #256
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I have no idea. I thought Magneto's hair was silver because of his age. Seems weird that they would explain QS's hair as being white because of his power and then turn around and retcon it to be hereditary. Doesn't make sense.
Magneto's hair is white because of trauma he experienced in the death camps. physically, Magneto's about 35-40 years old. Eric the Red restored him to the prime of his life (after he was reverted to infancy).

http://**************.com/images/use...aby_041511.jpg

Last edited by Ant-manic; 10-04-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #257
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

i thought it was gonna be draco malfoy. tough break kid. villain in potter movies, killed by apes, now he's not quicksilver.

i bet he'll be bleach blonde,and they'll be in their ultimates costumes.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #258
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post

this looks terrible!

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 10-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #259
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
i thought it was gonna be draco malfoy. tough break kid. villain in potter movies, killed by apes, now he's not quicksilver.

i bet he'll be bleach blonde,and they'll be in their ultimates costumes.
Haha best I´ve heard in a long time!

Old 10-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #260
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:

Is that for real? Are they not even trying?

Old 10-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #261
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Bryan Singer: Wait, there are X-Men comic books?

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 10-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #262
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:

I don't even know what I'm looking at here.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 10-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #263
Bren
Forevernoob

Is that supposed to be a Foxilised Quicksilver?
Flipping hell, please never allow me to be Foxilised.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #264
Loki882
Side-Kick

I REALLY don't care about the hair. This debate is just like the "Lois Lane can't have red hair debate." As long as the performance is good, it doesn't matter.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #265
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I REALLY don't care about the hair. This debate is just like the "Lois Lane can't have red hair debate." As long as the performance is good, it doesn't matter.
So you'd also be ok if Nick Fury didn't have his eyepatch, Iron Man wore black leather, Thor had a club or Cap was skinny as long as the performance was good.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #266
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine-N-Cheese View Post
Angel was like S3 of Buffy, in that it was more consistent in quality than the other Buffy seasons, with better chemistry among the cast. But it also never never managed to reach the emotional depth of S2, S5 and S6 of Buffy.
Bringing up season 6 and its terrible mess of an arc doesn't exactly help your case. The only emotional depths there was how badly the characters could be written and still have people claim they are the heroes of the story.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #267
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Apparently Johnson might not want the peroxide hair as he thinks he might not look right with it. That would be terrible if he eschews that signature look.

He says in that Latino Review article, if it's to be believed:
[/INDENT]

Quote:
Quote:
In terms of how Johnson is going to approach the character, he added:
“That’s what we’re in talks about really, right now – how I could become that character and not feel forced. I might not look right with white hair, and the accent may be wrong… it just doesn’t work like that.”

That's why I didn't understand why they chose him,he just doesn't look the part.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #268
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

I think Johnson looks the part more so than Peters

Old 10-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #269
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
That's why I didn't understand why they chose him,he just doesn't look the part.
Because he doesn't have white hair?!

Old 10-05-2013, 12:15 AM   #270
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Ty Kevin Smith for the info

http://moviepilot.com/stories/112863...-5-year-old--2

Quote:
RDJ gives away a solid gold Iron Man helmet.....to a 5-year-old

Old 10-05-2013, 03:50 AM   #271
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
So you'd also be ok if Nick Fury didn't have his eyepatch, Iron Man wore black leather, Thor had a club or Cap was skinny as long as the performance was good.
So you're equating Pietro's hair color to Iron Man's armor being leather instead of iron? Really?

Old 10-05-2013, 04:50 AM   #272
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Johnson is going to be a great Quicksilver. Guy looks dashing and he's a chameleon.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #273
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Discounting next year's "Guardian of the Galaxy" film, one of the things that I've begun to notice about the rest of the solo-Big Three Phase 2 films as of late is that they're really focusing on bringing a sense of "realism", if not gritty atmosphere (less Shiny Asgard, Political thrillers set within a modern world, and terrorism shown through media, etc) in terms of how they portray the worlds presented within Iron Man 3, Thor 2, and The Winter Soldier.

Another thing that I've noticed is how much more personal and somewhat darker the stories have become for the main characters.

So I'm wondering if we should expect for the same type of things from Whedon's Age of Ultron film.

And honestly, I do hope that Whedon is keeping a good eye on how these directors have been creating their action sequences, because from what I saw in "Iron Man 3" and the clips that we've gotten of Thor 2, along with what we've heard about The Winter Soldier, it seems like the Phase 2 films are really setting the bar high for things.

In some ways, I'm kind of worried that Whedon's weakness when it comes to his skills as a filmmaker may prove to be a small liability since as good as the Avengers was, if I were to look at how he did his action sequences when compared to the stuff shown from Phase 2, the Phase 2 stuff outclasses a lot of his scenes imho.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #274
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

I think people are reading WAY too much into that quote about the hair and accent. For one, it's months old back when he was first in talks about it. And two, you need to look at the context of it. He was in discussions about the movie, and he was saying those things because they wanted to make sure he DID look right with the hair color, and WAS able to do the accent that they wanted. Obviously, they found something they liked with him in both of those areas if he agreed to do it.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #275
darthcoolness3
Side-Kick

I am thinking Tony Stark/Iron Man betrays the team, gets fired by Nick Fury, gets mad and turns himself into Ultron, with the power of the Extremis virus.

Closed Thread