The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #451
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
Hyde you're a wise man
This guy gets it

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 10-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #452
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Who have I left out?
Gamora

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 10-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #453
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
This right here just made my day
I guess it's easier to get w/certain images than getting anything out of using explicit words

Old 10-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #454
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Present and accounted for!

After this gif with the girl with these beautiful....eyes... was quoted at the last three pages again and again, finally something for the girls here. Thank you, xeno!

Back to topic, lol.

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Old 10-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #455
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Don't forget his glistening boobs.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #456
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
After this gif with the girl with these beautiful....eyes... was quoted at the last three pages again and again, finally something for the girls here. Thank you, xeno!

Back to topic, lol.
You're welcome! So much for all the guys who said Chris's body doesn't measure up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Don't forget his glistening boobs.

Chris's manly pecs didn't get that shiny on his own. Some ladies on the CA:TFA set had the best jobs in the world.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #457
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

He looks so uncomfortable.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #458
Loki882
Side-Kick

Hayley Atwell is probably thinking "I love my job."

Old 10-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #459
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

I remember she improvised that, touching him. And they left it.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #460
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
He looks so uncomfortable.
Maybe the spray was a bit cold

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Old 10-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #461
Chewy
REDACTED

He really needs to eat a burger or something

Old 10-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #462
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
I remember she improvised that, touching him. And they left it.
If Evans did some improvisation and touched Haley's boob, would they have left that too? And would she have slapped him?

Old 10-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #463
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
If Evans did some improvisation and touched Haley's boob, would they have left that too? And would she have slapped him?
She would have punched him IMO

Old 10-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #464
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
He really needs to eat a burger or something
It's the camera that makes him look remotely big, guy's malnurished. Seriously concerned for his health.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #465
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

It was unprofessional of Atwell to "improvise": it added nothing to the narrative and was a cheap cop -a-feel. If the situation was reversed, I would feel the same way.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #466
DyeLorean

I think it showed a different side beneath her 'badass' attitude. It was a small detail but I think it worked.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #467
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

If it were Peggy Carter who came out of the chamber and had just grown muscles and bigger boobs, would she have noticed if Steve were pinching her boob to test the extent of the growth? Wouldn't she be slightly oblivious to it because she's disorientated and just getting accustomed to her new size?

Or maybe she wouldn't, and would still feel a grope.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #468
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
It was unprofessional of Atwell to "improvise": it added nothing to the narrative and was a cheap cop -a-feel. If the situation was reversed, I would feel the same way.
Your objection is duly noted, Sister Mary. Now your presence is requested back at the convent, post haste.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #469
DyeLorean

Now the question appears: is a woman's boob the same as a man's boob? Are they socially accepted as being the same human organ?

Old 10-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #470
roach
I am the night

this may off topic but was brought up a few pages back...the guy playing Quicksilver in DOFP has confirmed he'll have silver hair.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #471
DyeLorean

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
this may off topic but was brought up a few pages back...the guy playing Quicksilver in DOFP has confirmed he'll have silver hair.
Nah, don't worry, we were already offtopic with the boob-touching thing.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #472
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
We've already seen it months ago. It's barely silver and is like a long mane.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #473
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

'Loki Ongoing Series Announced at New York Comic Con'

Quote:
Grown from his current, teenaged status in Young Avengers and enlisted to protect Asgard and the royal family, Loki is hardly a traditional hero, but for now there’s a motivation keeping him on the straight and narrow.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #474
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Your objection is duly noted, Sister Mary. Now your presence is requested back at the convent, post haste.
A bit harsh, don’t you think?

I was merely commenting on the subject through the lens of politics. If the situation had been reversed, Chris Evans would be crucified on Tumblr, instead of being reduced to a series of sexualized surfaces committed to .GIF and .JPEG form. The act that is the subject of discussion - the touching of a man’s breast (esp. without permission)-operates on the same impulses as the copping of feels: through tactile contact, one creates a meta image of a highly sexualized surface. Namely, seeing the God of Sex in human form is not enough; feeling him, having a confirmation of his material presence on the visual plane, adds a flesh memory to said image.

The human breast is a highly sexualized surface. Ignoring the obvious fertility associations, it has a strange history onscreen. On the male perspective, one can find a popular one in the comic book cinema vintage: Batman & Robin. Audiences were comfortable with the closeups of the buttocks and codpieces in the preceding film, but one artistic flourish - atop of many, I have to recognize-caused a considerable number of people to foam at the mouth: the inclusion of nipples on the suits. Schumacher argues he was trying to reflect Greco-Roman statues through the costume; however, the presence of the nipples unnerved a lot of people.

This discomfort - which is based on the recognition of the breast as a sexualized section of flesh-is also present with the treatment of women in cinema. Often enough, nipples are obscured through the use of pasties or tape (see Jennifer’s Body.) What is important about the treatment of nipples is to realize that they are part of a surface that is sexualized across gender lines: it does not matter if the breast belongs to a woman, male, or gender in between or outside of the binary. They are inevitably going to be sexualized, thus the action of touching them fulfills the feedback loop I have described.

This feedback loop is the vanishing point for several lines of social discussion , which lead to the formation of a spectrum in assessing behaviors with sexualizing people. Hence, the touching of a male breast operates on the same circuits as touching a female, except the social and legal responses are different, and understandably so: there is not going to be an outcry against Atwell’s behavior and nor should there be. Atwell is a wonderful actress whose career holds unimaginable promise (I enjoy her work dearly.) It should be noted that women are operating in a male held visual economy and have to deal with a ton of s*** that none of us can imagine.

My point in establishing the tactile-erotic actions is not to villainize Atwell or women who performed similar acts, but to objectively assess the impulses that inform the decisions, whether they be deliberated or spur of the moment. Also, I am not calling for the repression of sexual imagery onscreen, as the comic book genre and film cousin are built upon it. Watching a bunch of athletic people jumping around in skin-clinging outfits is one of the most erotic spectacles imaginable. Hence, scenes such as Cap’s emergence from the serum-tube (which recalls birth itself, with the closeups of the needles penetrating his arm and his emergence from a confined, dark surface,) expels some of the sexual pressure. Being in the presence of the gleaming sex would intoxicate anyone and cause the Dionysian impulses to blast the Apollonian away...for a while.

Again, I do not appreciate being linked to a force that is associated with the prevention of a healthy sexual dialogue; I was just trying to point out the implications of the action. One of the many reasons why I liked the Dark Knight Rises was its acknowledgment of the superhero libido; if anything, the whole genre has pretty much shied away from sex, due to the franchise perspective (it’s kind of hard to slap Spider-Man on underpants when he’s explicitly getting it on with Black Cat.) Now, I realize my advocacy of an acknowledgment of sex opens up a can of worms involving aesthetic, questions of audience, and the purpose of the film medium, or more specifically its involvement in translating comic properties to the screen.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 10-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #475
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

So....what's up guys?

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Closed Thread