The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #526
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision
 
DyeLorean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,730
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

I can see them making some kind of inside joke about how different he looks or something, given that we are going to have, including that movie, 3 different actors portraying Banner.
It could be a light way of acknowledging the casting changes.

DyeLorean is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #527
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 25,997
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
I'm not quite sure if its the same one you're talking about Vartha, what I posted seemed more like speculation.
Sort of the same from the Empire Mag, but I will scan and post it later because Kev does say Ruffalo Hulk will return in AoU. Seemed more favorible for Hulk than Namor in otherwords

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #528
The Ironstar
Side-Kick
 
The Ironstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somewhere out there
Posts: 814
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

(Victoria's) Secret Avengers


__________________
"Movies are just life, with the dull parts edited out."
-
Hitchcock


http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
The Ironstar is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #529
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar
 
Norrin Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,029
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

This should have been the cast of the movie!

__________________
"TO ME MY GALACTUS"
- Franklin Richards-
FAVORITE COMIC BOOK FILMS (no particular order)
Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Norrin Parker is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #530
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota
 
Tymminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 778
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
(Victoria's) Secret Avengers

Rawr.

Tymminator is online now  
Old 10-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #531
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 25,997
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

here's where they mention Ruffalo's Hulk and Namor in the bottom right

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #532
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain
 
DaddlerTheDalek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany, NRW
Posts: 633
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
(Victoria's) Secret Avengers

Hello Ladys!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails
You're watching a Poster!
DaddlerTheDalek is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #533
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction
 
Gamma Goliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,930
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
here's where they mention Ruffalo's Hulk and Namor in the bottom right
Thanks for posting that Vartha, I think that is really the first time we've heard Feige sound really confident in a hulk sequel. I'm super pumped now, and I wouldn't mind at all if they drew inspiration from indestructible Hulk.

__________________
Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Gamma Goliath is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #534
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 21,469
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
(Victoria's) Secret Avengers

Who is the one third from the right suppose to be?

__________________
Manchester United, 20 times Champions of England! We got our trophy back!
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #535
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder
 
KDM1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 403
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Who is the one third from the right suppose to be?
It's either fury or Coulson. She is holding cards so probably Coulson.

__________________
MIDNIGHT SONS
MAKE IT HAPPEN MARVEL!
HAIL HYDRA
KDM1986 is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #536
Just_Human
Side-Kick
 
Just_Human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,850
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
here's where they mention Ruffalo's Hulk and Namor in the bottom right

Just_Human is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #537
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,241
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

I know I sound like a broken record, but I still can't get over them introducing Hank so late into the game and stripping him of his connections to Ultron. Hank is arguably the most important Avenger after the Big Three (Cap, Thor, Iron Man). He's been with the team from the very beginning throughout its entire run (I'm including the West Coast Avengers years) and has so much for the team. Heck, he made most of their gadgets throughout the 1980's. To introduce him so late in the game just doesn't feel right IMO.

Shikamaru is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #538
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 25,997
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDM1986 View Post
It's either fury or Coulson. She is holding cards so probably Coulson.
Gotta be Coulson, she has the Trading cards.

Loving the Thor version

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #539
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 25,997
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I know I sound like a broken record, but I still can't get over them introducing Hank so late into the game and stripping him of his connections to Ultron. Hank is arguably the most important Avenger after the Big Three (Cap, Thor, Iron Man). He's been with the team from the very beginning throughout its entire run (I'm including the West Coast Avengers years) and has so much for the team. Heck, he made most of their gadgets throughout the 1980's. To introduce him so late in the game just doesn't feel right IMO.
Well technically if he was done when they required the rights to make Ant-Man there wouldn't be that issue really

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #540
jonathancrane
Side-Kick
 
jonathancrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arkham Island
Posts: 5,234
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

I am happy they shifted Ultron's creation from Pym.

It, along with his penchance for domestic violence are what casual comic book fans consider his defining moments. And it's bloody infuriating: audiences overlooked Peter slapping Mary Jane, but always raise the axe when Pym is discussed. As I recounted a while ago, I had a dinner go south when I listed Pym as one of my favorite superheroes.

Again, while I have mixed thoughts about him not being present in the first iteration of the team, I am more than happy that they removed these unfavorable moments in his history, as they contribute to the character's continuing malignment by comic audiences.

Hell, it was addressed in Secret Avengers by the relaunch (and contibuted to why I've always viewed comic Beast as a d***):

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:




__________________
*I will forgive the writers of Man of Steel, if Superman is the Enlightened Sun God he is supposed to be, in Superman vs. Batman. Quite simply, Superman does not kill. The writers of MOS failed to grasp this, to this film's detriment.
Favorite CBMs: 1) X2 2) The Avengers 3) CA:TWS 4) Watchmen 5) Batman: MOTP 6) The Dark Knight Rises 7) Thor: TDW 8) TASM 9) IM3 10) S/B: Apocalypse
jonathancrane is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #541
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 25,997
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Well the way it's sounding, we may not SEE Pym in AoU but Ultron may just start as a virus/Program that attacks Jarvis that Pym had made at some point before the movie and we won't SEE him until Antman.

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #542
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,913
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

^ this. Generally, I think it will be something like that.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #543
Broseph44
Side-Kick
 
Broseph44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 2,715
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I know I sound like a broken record, but I still can't get over them introducing Hank so late into the game and stripping him of his connections to Ultron. Hank is arguably the most important Avenger after the Big Three (Cap, Thor, Iron Man). He's been with the team from the very beginning throughout its entire run (I'm including the West Coast Avengers years) and has so much for the team. Heck, he made most of their gadgets throughout the 1980's. To introduce him so late in the game just doesn't feel right IMO.

__________________
Avvy by Kane

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?

Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Broseph44 is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #544
Ant-manic
Side-Kick
 
Ant-manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,473
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I know I sound like a broken record, but I still can't get over them introducing Hank so late into the game and stripping him of his connections to Ultron. Hank is arguably the most important Avenger after the Big Three (Cap, Thor, Iron Man). He's been with the team from the very beginning throughout its entire run (I'm including the West Coast Avengers years) and has so much for the team. Heck, he made most of their gadgets throughout the 1980's. To introduce him so late in the game just doesn't feel right IMO.
but didn't they give all of those great moments because he wasn't on the same level as the other founders (couldn't carry a book, no notable villains to speak of, etc)? Captain America pretty much took his founders spot. which is fair because the creation of Ultron is very much an Iron Man-esque story. it would have been risky to give it to Stark because he has so much else going on in his own title. but the Avengers is very much an extension of Stark. they operated out of his family home with his butler. the Maria Stark foundation was bankrolling them. and they also had a stark-built evil robot hiding out in the home's foundations. Pym got the story because he was available and a scientist; who for some strange reason decided to switch to a different discipline.

Ant-manic is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #545
DrDoom
Dictator
 
DrDoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Latveria
Posts: 5,097
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Gotta be Coulson, she has the Trading cards.

Loving the Thor version
FINALLY a Loki I won't have strange confusing feelings about

__________________
"The power of the Cube is MINE to control, you were a FOOL to come here. You have no one to blame but YOURSELF!"

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is online now  
Old 10-17-2013, 07:32 AM   #546
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 10,909
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
but didn't they give all of those great moments because he wasn't on the same level as the other founders (couldn't carry a book, no notable villains to speak of, etc)? Captain America pretty much took his founders spot. which is fair because the creation of Ultron is very much an Iron Man-esque story. it would have been risky to give it to Stark because he has so much else going on in his own title. but the Avengers is very much an extension of Stark. they operated out of his family home with his butler. the Maria Stark foundation was bankrolling them. and they also had a stark-built evil robot hiding out in the home's foundations. Pym got the story because he was available and a scientist; who for some strange reason decided to switch to a different discipline.
what the....?

There's so much wrong with this assessment of comic-book Pym I don't know where to start.

"Couldn't carry a book...?" That's because he's an *ensemble* character, not a solo one. You can lobby that same bomb at Wasp, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Wonder Man, Colossus, Storm, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Black Bolt, Human Torch, and a ton of other Marvel icons. And it won't stick to them, either.

"No notable villains to speak of...?" Except the one, you know, that's headlining Avengers 2. The one *Pym* famously created.

"the creation of Ultron is very much an Iron Man-esque story?" How so? Again, Pym created him. And we still have no real idea who creates the movie version.

"Stark-built evil robot hiding out in the foundation....?" ....um....who?

"Pym got the story because he was available and a scientist; who for some strange reason decided to switch to a different discipline" ...what discipline switch? WTF are you talking about?

You're in danger of losing your screenname cred, Ant-Manic. You sure you keep up with Hank Pym in the comics?

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #547
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,862
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Yeah, Pym has always been on a lower tier than the other founding members. This fact has been explored many times over the years - in the main continuity and in the Ultimate verse. One of the reasons dude has had an inferiority complex off and on for decades.

They probably won't fully explore this aspect of his personality (his fragile ego, his paranoia, his need for validation) until he joins up with other heroes in future movie team-ups (Avengers 3 I assume).

Personally, I'm looking forward to a new version of Ultron. Hopefully they make him as distinct from the comic version(s) as possible.

__________________
Originally Posted by KangConquers

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 10-17-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Joeyjojo72 is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #548
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 16,949
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Yeah, Pym has always been on a lower tier than the other founding members. This fact has been explored many times over the years - in the main continuity and in the Ultimate verse. One of the reasons dude has had an inferiority complex off and on for decades.

They probably won't fully explore this aspect of his personality (his fragile ego, his paranoia, his need for validation) until he joins up with other heroes in future movie team-ups (Avengers 3 I assume).

Personally, I'm looking forward to a new version of Ultron. Hopefully they make him as distinct from the comic version(s) as possible.
I'm guessing you'd like something like this POS


__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Dark Raven is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #549
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,862
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Nah, but better that than a straight up regurgitation of what's come before. Whedon & co will keep it just faithful enough to the comics iteration(s) to quiet - or at least mute - the whines of the purists while still pushing the design in a new direction.

There will definitely be components of the MCU Ultron that are completely new and dont rely on old designs whatsoever. Looking forward to seeing what the artists come up with.

__________________
Originally Posted by KangConquers

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #550
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar
 
Norrin Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,029
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

All I want is to be able to look at Ultron and say "yeah that's Ultron". I haven't been disappointed with Marvel's designs yet so I have faith he'll look great.

__________________
"TO ME MY GALACTUS"
- Franklin Richards-
FAVORITE COMIC BOOK FILMS (no particular order)
Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Norrin Parker is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.