The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #726
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

And Vision's marriage to Wanda isn't?

Old 10-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #727
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Judging by the Cap 2 trailer...SHIELD is gonna be in bad shape by time A2 hits...at least I don't see them and the Avengers being friendly

Old 10-25-2013, 12:35 AM   #728
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Eh? I don't see how Jocasta is goofy but vision and Ultron aren't. Unless you're talking about the robosexual marriage of her and Pym. I suppose that's fair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
And Vision's marriage to Wanda isn't?
Um, yup. Both. Especially the former though. I just find the whole "I created me a robot wife modeled on my conceptual mother" thing to be quite goofy.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:44 AM   #729
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Judging by the Cap 2 trailer...SHIELD is gonna be in bad shape by time A2 hits...at least I don't see them and the Avengers being friendly
Yea, after constantly hinting at the Helicarrier going down, they finally went and did it!

Old 10-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #730
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
Yea, after constantly hinting at the Helicarrier going down, they finally went and did it!
what do you mean they hinted at it going down?

Old 10-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #731
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
yeah, I'm sure they'll still be friendly with Nick Fury, but I'm betting they won't be hangin out on any helicarriers next time
kinda cool too, cuz it lets Fury play the man behind the scenes role he has in the comics most of the time, the guy who shows up with the last minute save

Old 10-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #732
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
what do you mean they hinted at it going down?
i think he just means how it almost went down in Avengers

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 10-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #733
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

For all the insistence of Spidey in the Avengers ...... more specifically the Oscorp Tower appearing. These are Feige's own words:

Quote:
There were rumors that the Oscorp tower nearly made it in The Avengers last year. Is that true?
"It’s something we talked about very, very shortly. It became a point of interest in the press, which I understand. The deal was never close to happen."

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Old 10-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #734
Krystal
Side-Kick

Did they ever officially confirm the casting of QS/SW ?

What's are your opinions on whether Ultron, QS & SW are the only villains in Avengers 2.

Any chance we'll see any other underlings or supervillains in the movie?

Cap 2 has Batroc, Crossbones, Zola, and Winter Soldier----Can A: AoU only have 3?

Old 10-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #735
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
Did they ever officially confirm the casting of QS/SW ?

What's are your opinions on whether Ultron, QS & SW are the only villains in Avengers 2.

Any chance we'll see any other underlings or supervillains in the movie?

Cap 2 has Batroc, Crossbones, Zola, and Winter Soldier----Can A: AoU only have 3?
QS and SW will probably start off on the side of bad, but will eventually join the Avengers.

And I think the Avengers will be facing an army of Ultrons.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #736
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
QS and SW will probably start off on the side of bad, but will eventually join the Avengers.

I'm not sure I'd like an army of Ultrons. First of all, they would seem like potential cannon fodder. And secondly, it just seemed like overkill when there was an army of Iron Man armours in IM3. It just became very messy and too frenetic. I hated the idea of Stark jumping from one armour to another and how they all seemed to fall apart easily. And thirdly, having an army of Ultrons might make him less personal as a villain compared to a single one.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #737
Krystal
Side-Kick

Quote:

I know QS/SW will start out 'evil' that's why I said--- "will the movie only have 3 villains?"

As for an army of Ultrons---for the love of god I hope you are joking or wrong.

We don't need an army of aliens, extremis soldiers or Ultrons----we need actual super-villains as adversaries!!

Old 10-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #738
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

More Kevin Feige answers from his interview with French magazine Reviewer

Quote:
Is Ultron gonna be an Artificial intelligence that Tony Stark built?
"We are adapting his origins from the comics, and in the comics it was Hank Pym. Hank Pym is not in Age of Ultron, so we are tweaking it. We do think there’s another character we have that is quite good with AI, so smart people can make assumption which I can not confirm or deny (He smiles while saying this)."

Old 10-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #739
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I'm not sure I'd like an army of Ultrons. First of all, they would seem like potential cannon fodder. And secondly, it just seemed like overkill when there was an army of Iron Man armours in IM3. It just became very messy and too frenetic. I hated the idea of Stark jumping from one armour to another and how they all seemed to fall apart easily. And thirdly, having an army of Ultrons might make him less personal as a villain compared to a single one.
Well, unless Ultron is as powerful as Thanos, he's going to need a few henchmen. It could end up being Vision. I don't think Loki will return and I don't see Jocasta being made.

However if Vision is not in going to be in the movie and Loki doesn't return and the villains from Cap 2 are not going to be used, who's going to be Ultron's henchmen?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #740
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
not to mention an army of Hammer armors in IM2.

oh and that quote from Feige seems like confirmation that Tony will be directly involved. Still speculation so it aint a spoiler.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 10-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #741
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
More Kevin Feige answers from his interview with French magazine Reviewer
Justin Hammer and Zola come to mind

Old 10-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #742
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, unless Ultron is as powerful as Thanos, he's going to need a few henchmen. It could end up being Vision. I don't think Loki will return and I don't see Jocasta being made.

However if Vision is not in going to be in the movie and Loki doesn't return and the villains from Cap 2 are not going to be used, who's going to be Ultron's henchmen?
Ultron makes other robots and clone bodies

Old 10-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #743
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Hopefully one of them becomes Vision, to be played by Paul Bettany.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #744
Krystal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Stark fights a guy in an iron suit in 1 and 2 and an army of robots in 2 and and army of suits are in IM3 and the destroyer is a robot and the master plan for A:AoU is to have an android with an army of robots?

I hope not.

Fine if they use vision---that would be great, but if they go down the road of an army of robots.............

Heck the aliens in Avengers looked all robotic in their armor. I wonder if a group of non generic super villains is beyond their already huge budget?

Old 10-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #745
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

i think an army of ultrons might be a given, after all.... for a team superhero film, every villain is going to need some sort fo an army. It's really hard to shoot a movie where it seems incredibly hard for a team of heroes to simply take on one villain... only one to slightly get that right was Fantastic Four.. and even then, it was more like watching them follow a step by step how to guide.

Magneto - has his brotherhood
Shaw - had his Hellfire Club
Loki - had the Chitari

team films just need to have grunts for the heroes to look cool bashing

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 10-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #746
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsDC View Post
Justin Hammer and Zola come to mind
....or Tony Stark.

Old 10-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #747
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
....or Tony Stark.
I assumed he meant other than Stark, but yeah, definitely Stark.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #748
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
i wish that he'd take control over an army of S.H.I.E.L.D LMDs; just to mentally toy with the Avengers (forcing them to attack something that looks human).

Old 10-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #749
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

http://screenrant.com/avengers-3-tha...ase-two-three/

Quote:
Given that The Avengers 2 will be about the earth-bound threat of Ultron, I asked Feige straight up if clues like the Tesseract and Loki’s mind-control scepter in The Avengers – or the recent revelation that Thor 2 villain Malekith the Dark Elf is chasing “The Aether,” another god-like power - are leading us to an Avengers 3 scenario where Thanos takes hold of the dreaded Infinity Gauntlet (last seen in Odin’s vault in Thor) and essentially achieves that godhood. Feige’s response:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
Old 10-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #750
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
i wish that he'd take control over an army of S.H.I.E.L.D LMDs; just to mentally toy with the Avengers (forcing them to attack something that looks human).
I suppose. In the long run that's an army of robots, but at least they wouldn't be overtly robotic and maybe even simulate super powers.

This topic also calls into question what henchmen Thanos may employ. I'm sure he has several species enslaved to his will, so we don't need to have a repeat of the Chitauri. Maybe instead of grunts he actually has disciples, so that way there's no army to battle, but there are substantial minions (or mini-bosses) to make things difficult for the team.

Closed Thread