The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #26
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Is that what's supposed to rival the Oculus Rift?

Old 10-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #27
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

It looks a lot better than it could have.

And it doesn't seem like an efficient area for Sony to divert resources when they could just make a deal for Oculus Rift one day. Unless of course their product is far superior but that wouldn't seem likely.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #28
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Also if the PS4 controller is going to be compatible with pc (as reported) but without the need for 3rd party compatibility programmes there is a good chance I'll get one and switch it up between XB1 & PS4 controllers.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #29
X Knight
Straight Edge

after recently watching the anime series, Sword Art Online, I am now officially wary of putting any kind of virtual reality headset on my head.........lol

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #30
Havok83
Side-Kick

I cant see practical use in that as it only seems like a way to start going blind

Old 10-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #31
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Well, I fired up my Xbox 360 after months of dormant activity, and it appears that it is on the verge of dying, with the screen saturated in green and a dull noise on the background. I'm ready to dump it since I don't like Xbox anymore, but I can either try to buy a PS3 (for cheap hopefully), or wait and spend more on the upcoming PS4. Which one should I go for?

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 10-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #32
Soapy
It's happening again...

Sony's thing is very expensive compared to the Rift.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #33
X Knight
Straight Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Well, I fired up my Xbox 360 after months of dormant activity, and it appears that it is on the verge of dying, with the screen saturated in green and a dull noise on the background. I'm ready to dump it since I don't like Xbox anymore, but I can either try to buy a PS3 (for cheap hopefully), or wait and spend more on the upcoming PS4. Which one should I go for?
well, you'll certainly have a lot more games to choose from if you go with PS3.

that should keep you busy for at least a few years, and then you could buy a PS4 then.

unless you find yourself more interested in the PS4 games, then I'd just wait, save the money, and buy a PS4.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #34
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
There's no definite answer to that; it's all about what you want. Would you rather have a cheap system with a massive library including tonnes of current gen classics at extremely low prices or are you ready to jump straight into next gen and pay full price for a smaller choice of the most technically advanced games, with the promise of much bigger things around the corner?

Old 10-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #35
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Id just invest in a PS4. Gaikai will allow streaming of PS3 games early next year. It wont be the entire library but they'll slowly build on it.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #36
zenith16
Side-Kick

Sony abandoned plans to bundle Eye camera with PS4 to keep price down

(4 hours ago)

Sony attempted to include the PlayStation 4 Eye camera peripheral with the console at launch but dropped its plans after costs proved prohibitive, Sony Computer Entertainment president and Group CEO Andrew House revealed this week.

SCE Japan senior vice president Masayasu Ito notes that the company was determined to reach a $399 price point for the PlayStation 4 at launch, putting it $100 under the Kinect-bundled Xbox One. At the same time, Sony executives wanted to minimize loss on each console sold, driving the company's decision to release the PS4 Eye separately at $59.99.

House downplayed the Eye's importance to PlayStation 4 buyers at launch. "Certainly for the earlier part of the lifecycle, the vast majority of the audience that we speak to tells us that their primary wish is for the full controller interface and there's not necessarily a huge emphasis being placed on camera interaction," he said.

House hinted at plans to "adjust messaging" regarding the peripheral over the PlayStation 4's lifespan, suggesting that the PlayStation Eye could be included with future PS4 bundles.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #37
Havok83
Side-Kick

this is nothing new. We already knew this like 4 months ago

Old 10-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #38
zenith16
Side-Kick

Existing Headsets Won't Work With PS4 at Launch

2 hours 37 minutes ago - Your PlayStation Pulse headset won't work with PS4 at launch, but an update will repair that eventually. Read More Ľ

source:IGN

Oh this is funny I have this headset and have been using it for every thing even none ps systems. Well at least it'll be fixed with a update patch.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #39
Raiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
There's no definite answer to that; it's all about what you want. Would you rather have a cheap system with a massive library including tonnes of current gen classics at extremely low prices or are you ready to jump straight into next gen and pay full price for a smaller choice of the most technically advanced games, with the promise of much bigger things around the corner?
Thanks all. I think due to budgetary reasons, a PS3 would be a better choice for me right now. I can spend less money and get more with PS3 than with PS4.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 10-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #40
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post

Existing Headsets Won't Work With PS4 at Launch

2 hours 37 minutes ago - Your PlayStation Pulse headset won't work with PS4 at launch, but an update will repair that eventually. Read More Ľ

Oh this is funny I have this headset and have been using it for every thing even none ps systems. Well at least it'll be fixed with a update patch.
I was contemplating upgrading my Sony Wireless headset, I have the first ones that came out not too long ago and I really like them. I read some reviews that the Pulse ones are great, but aren't as comfortable as the originals so I'll probably stick with mine.

And yeah, I use mine on my PC a lot when I'm listening to music or watching movies late at night. They're so simple to use and I love 'em ha

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 10-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #41
zenith16
Side-Kick

This news has been showing up every where since what's now yesterday.

Foxconn using overtime 'interns' to manufacture PlayStation 4
UPDATE
The Taiwanese electronics manufacturer, often criticized for its labor practices, is reportedly using students to build Sony's new system in China.
Also

Source: Gamasutra

Last edited by zenith16; 10-11-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #42
the last son
Side-Kick

Yea, man I hate stuff like this. Really hurts me inside. It's hard to buy a product practicing in this tragedy. Sad, sad, world.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #43
Benstamania
Shot first.

I have a hired headset... USB .... Win.

Revelation 22:20
Old 10-11-2013, 11:59 PM   #44
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Yea, man I hate stuff like this. Really hurts me inside. It's hard to buy a product practicing in this tragedy. Sad, sad, world.
Sadly most electronics including Microsoft's or Nintendo's have factories in similar fashion most just forget about it. Because all those electronics are made in terrible factories in the Asia continent most of the time. There is almost no tech stuff made in the western world anymore. It is terrible I agree, but sadly every computer/cell phone is made in the same kind of circumstances. Poor work environments, and it is sad.

Last edited by Solidus; 10-12-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #45
Benstamania
Shot first.

Yup.. If you have tech, some 10 year old in China built it.

Revelation 22:20
Old 10-13-2013, 02:19 AM   #46
Raiden

I hope the price for PS3 will drop drastically next month, so I can buy a brand new console for cheap.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #47
Havok83
Side-Kick

It's not dropping again so soon. It'll be discounted for BF but that's something that would have happened independent of the PS4

Old 10-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #48
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Prices don't drop generally until about a year into the consoles life cycle.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #49
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Right, it's going to be hard buying a PS4 knowing this. How about you just send me the money instead, and I'll bear this burden for you?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #50
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL

anyone catch the commercial that aired on monday night football?

If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
Closed Thread