The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Lulz.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #56
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

The first PS4 digital preorders are going up on PSN this week, Knack and Warframe.
Source

Seems like you might get some in-game bonuses if you preorder Warframe, and incentive to do so even if it's f2p.

Edit: Just pre-ordered Warframe, you get an Ultimate Fan Pack along with the preorder, comes with 20,000 credits, 50 Platinum, and a rifle skin.

Last edited by StrainedEyes; 10-15-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #57
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

How do you pre-order a free game? You just pay for the special stuff?

Old 10-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #58
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
you click the preorder button and its added to your purchase history

Old 10-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #59
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
You put it in your cart and check out. Doing so will add it to your purchase history/download list, and doing so now will give you that Ultimate Fan Pack for free as a bonus for pre-ordering.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #60
Havok83
Side-Kick

It was just announced that Flower, flOw, Sound Shapes, Escape Plan are coming to PS4. Best part is that they are crossbuy so if you've owned them on PS3 or Vita, you get the PS4 version free of charge..nice! I dont think theres ever been a crossbuy version of a previously released version. Usually its only if they launch side by side among the two platforms

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...coming-to-ps4/

Old 10-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #61
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrainedEyes View Post
You put it in your cart and check out. Doing so will add it to your purchase history/download list, and doing so now will give you that Ultimate Fan Pack for free as a bonus for pre-ordering.
That's pretty damn awesome.

Revelation 22:20
Old 10-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #62
Benstamania
Shot first.

Just pre-purchased Warframe.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #63
Superhero 101
DESI

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...elayed-to-2014

Old 10-17-2013, 12:11 AM   #64
Benstamania
Shot first.

I had zero interest in this anyway.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #65
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

I was interested in the fact that there's a free version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #66
Havok83
Side-Kick

The PS4 launch lineup looks rather unimpressive now. I have to say that the X1's looks better. It has Dead Rising 3 which would fill my third person action game craving. It'll be a long wait till Infamous early next year, assuming that doesnt get delayed

Old 10-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #67
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Yeah, I think I'd have to give the better launch title to the Bone. Neither feel super impressive to me, but DR3, KI and Crimson Dragon were all games I see a degree of interest in. Outside cross gen titles, I can't think of any PS4 games at launch I particularly care about.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #68
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Eh Dead Rising never interested me, but none of these launch titles are really "grabbing" me anyways. They never really do. Knack still is something that interests me but sadly it's not getting a lot of attention because it's not a more mature title. No matter what for both consoles we will be waiting until next year to start diving in. But Ryse, Dead Rising, KI really just don't appeal to me anyways.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #69
Havok83
Side-Kick

I think DR3 is good stupid fun. Something silly that doesnt take itself too seriously but enjoyable nonetheless. At least im hoping for that with 3 as I loved 2. The initial trailer was a dissapointment but subsequent info and screens we have seen have been a bit more promising.

If I stick with a PS4 next month, I'll get Killzone by default, but its been a long while since a FPS has been able to grab me. Maybe KZ2 was the last as I played the heck out of that one.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #70
Benstamania
Shot first.

I'm not really sure why people complain about this launch lineup.. It'one of the best launch lineupsiI've seen. AC4, KZ, 5-8 PSN games, Lego Marvel Super Heroes.. KNACK, DCU GOTYedition or wwhatever, it's pretty damn solid. This. Drive Club game (possibly) being pushed back does nothing to ruin the lineup, IMHO.

Bone has what? KI, Forza (yawn) and DR3? Did Rising, IMHO is a terrible franchise, none of those games have been good so I'm not interested in DR3 at all and I've heard from friends that played KI that it'svery meh.

I have no idea how AC4, KZ, Knack and LMSH will keep me entertained until Feb when FFXIV and inFAMOUS 2nd Son hit...

Old 10-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #71
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
I'm not really sure why people complain about this launch lineup.. It'one of the best launch lineupsiI've seen. AC4, KZ, 5-8 PSN games, Lego Marvel Super Heroes.. KNACK, DCU GOTYedition or wwhatever, it's pretty damn solid. This. Drive Club game (possibly) being pushed back does nothing to ruin the lineup, IMHO.

Bone has what? KI, Forza (yawn) and DR3? Did Rising, IMHO is a terrible franchise, none of those games have been good so I'm not interested in DR3 at all and I've heard from friends that played KI that it'svery meh.

I have no idea how AC4, KZ, Knack and LMSH will keep me entertained until Feb when FFXIV and inFAMOUS 2nd Son hit...
AC IV - Theres an AC released every year and I started getting burnt out on the series with Revelations. AC 3 was a major dissapointment and IV is built around my least favorite aspect of that game, the sailing. Have no interest in it.

DCU - its an almost 3 year old game. Great the PS4 is getting it, but its hard to get excited about something that's already been out for that long.

Lego Marvel - Ive never liked any of the Lego games. Having the Marvel license might make me more interested but it still is fundamentally a Lego game with those same mechanics which have never been able to grab me

Knack - doesn't look impressive to me. Not seeing what others are but it doesn't look as fun and engaging as the Ratchet and Clank series has been.

Killzone - the only launch title Im remotely interested in but Ive explained its yet another FPS and its been a while since I cared for those.

PSN titles may be fun but Im more into the retail experiences. From my time with the PS3, Ive found that Im more inclined to play games that I buy in store than digital ones and I can tell that from the large amount of PS+ games downloaded that Ive never touched. I prefer the typical PSN experience on a handheld than big screen so Id play them on a Vita rather than my PS4.

As for most of the rest of the lineup, most of this stuff as some of the games i just talked about are coming to the PS3, so the PS4 exclusive experience is lacking at the moment. I kind of viewed Watchdogs as the exception as that seemed to be the one cross-generation title built for next gen rather than current gen and ported up.

If i get a PS4 now, it'll likely just sit around collecting dust till Infamous comes out. Just looking at the PS3's recent releases and upcoming ones, it blows the PS4 out of the water and Im talking about the games exclusive to this gen like Last of Us (story DLC hitting in a couple of months), GTA V, Batman Arkham Origins, Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus, Beyond....theres alot of stuff out now that'll keep more than busy. The PS4 doesnt really have any comparable titles in its launch lineup to steal the thunder from these releases. I might be better off just waiting till next year when a retailer sells it as part of a promotion with a free controller, gift card or other item

The X1 doesnt have much but it has Dead Rising 3 and if thats as good as the 2nd game, which I loved, then it already has a leg up on the PS4's launch. All it takes is one game and with WD out of the running, the PS4 doesnt have that one game Im itching for next month.

Everyone here knows Ive been riding hard for the PS4 and it still will be THE console I get next gen but Im just calling it how I see it for me. Obviously everyone has different tastes and interest in terms of what they want but the PS4 at launch doesnt seem to do it for me as much as it did not too long ago. I think it will be a much better system on that front in the months post-release

Last edited by Havok83; 10-17-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #72
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
The PS4 launch lineup looks rather unimpressive now. I have to say that the X1's looks better. It has Dead Rising 3 which would fill my third person action game craving. It'll be a long wait till Infamous early next year, assuming that doesnt get delayed
Yep. The PS4 launch is looking a bit more bare bones. I'm glad I didn't preorder. I'm gonna hold off buying it until next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #73
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

To be honest, I haven't really looked at the PS4 launch lineup, but I agree with Havok. I know that if I get a PS4 at launch, chances are its going to sit collecting dust in my room for a few months. The only real PS4 exclusive that I'm looking forwar to is iinFamous, so I figure I might as well wait for that to come out before I seriously considering getting my PS4.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #74
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
Yep. The PS4 launch is looking a bit more bare bones. I'm glad I didn't preorder. I'm gonna hold off buying it until next year.
I pre-ordered just to have a spot in line to get one, with the knowledge that I could always cancel if need be. But for now, the plan is to have my brother take the system while I wait until later. I know I don't need the system now, but I'm still intrigued to see how it performs in person.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #75
Benstamania
Shot first.

I still feel that the dead rising series is awful.. So it's near impossible for me to get excited over that. Does Driveclub, a sim racer, possibly being delayed do THAT much damage? I highly doubt it. As for DCU.. I meant Injustice.

I wasn't shocked over Knack at first but it looks to be a fantastic platforms with difficulty to it.. Almost like Crash Bandicoot. I wish gamers were more open to its graphic design...

Closed Thread