The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #76
Benstamania
Shot first.

Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Wait.. The sailing was your least favorite part in AC3? IMHO that was the only worthwhile part of the game.

Revelation 22:20
Old 10-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #77
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Xbox One is looking in better shape with it's launch with Forza, Killer Instinct, LocoCycle, and Crimson Dragon. I know some of them are Xbox Live games, but they're all from quality developers (hopefully Rare gets back on the wagon).

Sony doesn't have as good launch, but as shown with this generation, it's a marathon, not a sprint

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #78
Benstamania
Shot first.

Bottom line is I just don't see this as a knock to Sony's lineup. Killzone and Knack.. Two solid exclusives and AC4 as a solid franchise game. Pretty good deal, IMHO.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #79
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
Xbox One is looking in better shape with it's launch witht Forza, Killer Instinct, LocoCycle, and Crimson Dragon. I know some of them are Xbox Live games, but they're all from quality developers (hopefully Rare gets back on the wagon).

Sony doesn't have as good launch, but as shown with this generation, it's a marathon, not a sprint
Agree with the marathon not a sprint part. Keep in mind , these are all reasons as to why I'm getting a 4 at launch. If anyone else wants to wait.. That's cool.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #80
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

I have GTA Online, one of my roommates have Bioshock Infinite and Far Cry 3, and another has Beyond: Two Souls (which gets tedious but it's okay), and I may get Splinter Cell Blacklist, Borderlands 2 GOTY, Arkham Origins, WWE 2k14, and (if I don't get a PS4 soon enough or the PS4 version isn't worth it) Injustice Ultimate Edition. Those games will tide me over well into next year.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #81
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Killzone is the one I'm really interested in. That needs to be good. I'd agree that losing Drive club is not a factor aside from part of it being obtainable for free. Not sure why that would significantly change people's opinions of the launch lineup.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #82
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
Xbox One is looking in better shape with it's launch with Forza, Killer Instinct, LocoCycle, and Crimson Dragon. I know some of them are Xbox Live games, but they're all from quality developers (hopefully Rare gets back on the wagon).

"Looking" is the key word there. Forza will probably be good, but KI, LC, CD...Ryse I think we have to see that first if they really are good. But none of them have killer apps written on it. And like you said it's a marathon, and look at all the exclusives Sony has had over the PS3 generation over the 360. That and Sony has many in house/owned developers hand over fist than that of MS.

None of these are killer apps though, and it's rare during a launch that there ever is one anymore.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #83
Tron Bonne
There's Evil Here. Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
I'm not really sure why people complain about this launch lineup.. It'one of the best launch lineupsiI've seen. AC4, KZ, 5-8 PSN games, Lego Marvel Super Heroes.. KNACK, DCU GOTYedition or wwhatever, it's pretty damn solid. This. Drive Club game (possibly) being pushed back does nothing to ruin the lineup, IMHO.
I don't know why, but I just can't get any real excitement for next gen cross gen games. I don't know, it just kind of feels like...whatever. A slightly prettier version of a game I can get on one of three consoles already just doesn't do anything for me. KZ is the only legit PS4 exclusive up there, and I dunno, fun games but nothing I'm hugely interested in.

I wouldn't say Xbone blows it away or anything, there's just some more interesting stuff that isn't just cross gen titles that will probably be nothing more than just a shiner paint job.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Knack. It seems okay.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #84
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Killzone is the one I'm really interested in. That needs to be good. I'd agree that losing Drive club is not a factor aside from part of it being obtainable for free. Not sure why that would significantly change people's opinions of the launch lineup.

Sony just drove over their foot. I don't know how much the rest of you know about Sony's death (I'm an expert), but releasing Drive Club on time is a huge part of it. It's not like at Microsoft where you can be successful by releasing an inferior product for an exuberant price, or skate by on over-rated shooters for 2 generations. If Sony screws someone over, they bring shame to their brand, and the only way to get rid of that shame is to release block-busters like Drive Club on time. What this means is, after this, nobody will want to purchase anything from Sony ever again. This is HUGE. Sony have alienated an entire market with this move. Sony, publicly apologize and release Drive Club on time, or you can kiss your business good-bye.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #85
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Sony just drove over their foot. I don't know how much the rest of you know about Sony's death (I'm an expert), but releasing Drive Club on time is a huge part of it. It's not like at Microsoft where you can be successful by releasing an inferior product for an exuberant price, or skate by on over-rated shooters for 2 generations. If Sony screws someone over, they bring shame to their brand, and the only way to get rid of that shame is to release block-busters like Drive Club on time. What this means is, after this, nobody will want to purchase anything from Sony ever again. This is HUGE. Sony have alienated an entire market with this move. Sony, publicly apologize and release Drive Club on time, or you can kiss your business good-bye.

do I detect.........a hint of sarcasm??

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #86
Benstamania
Shot first.

Ever so slightly.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #87
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Ever so slightly.
hah.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #88
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

The PS4 launch line up is weak. That's why I'm going to wait for at least Infamous to be out. That combined with Destiny and the F2P games will keep me busy when I get one.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #89
Havok83
Side-Kick

I just had my Watchdogs preorder cancelled and I got an Amazon rep to issue back my promo credit back to my account. Now I have $25 I can apply to any game. Think I'll just go with Killzone as that really wasn't a game I wanted to spend full price on

Old 10-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #90
zenith16
Side-Kick

Old 10-18-2013, 01:48 AM   #91
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

I'll definitely wait until at least spring before getting a ps4, but having both the xbox 360 and the ps3, It's clear I'll choose Sony.

I'm dancing the Batusi in front of Bane Hardy
Old 10-18-2013, 05:22 AM   #92
Benstamania
Shot first.

Gonna put a fiver down on Infamous today.. Not the beanie version or vest version...

Old 10-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #93
MoPlaYa
Crazy Guy

I`ll be getting the PS4 at launch with COD:Ghost and NBA 2K14...Those will hold me over for a bit

Old 10-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #94
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Driveclub has officially been delayed. They are replacing the PS+ version with the game "Contrast" at the launch of the PS4, there will still be a PS+ version later.
Source

So the Instant Game Collection for launch day is Resogun and Contrast.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #95
Havok83
Side-Kick

Actually that works out better for me as I don't really care for sim racers. Don't know much about Contrast but it at least looks to be a more original experience

Old 10-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #96
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
I just had my Watchdogs preorder cancelled and I got an Amazon rep to issue back my promo credit back to my account. Now I have $25 I can apply to any game. Think I'll just go with Killzone as that really wasn't a game I wanted to spend full price on
Thought you were excited for Killzone? Or am I reading that wrong?

Old 10-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #97
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Thought you were excited for Killzone? Or am I reading that wrong?
I haven't been excited for a FPS since KZ 2. They really haven't done much for me since especially since I'm not as invested in MP as I once was. I'm really looking for a strong single player experience with my first PS4 game and I have my doubts on KZ delivering considering how awful the story in 3 was

Old 10-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #98
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

I got to play both systems this week and even though I was leaning towards Sony post E3 I have to admit that Xbone had just a better feel all around. The controller still feels light on the PS4 even with the dual shock which drives me kinda crazy. I wasn't a fan of the new Killzone, but to be completely honest I've never played a Killzone before, so I guess I'm...wait, unbiased? I dunno. It just seemed like every other FPS shooter out there to me.

Strangely enough, I was most impressed by Killer Instinct, which is a LIVE title lol.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #99
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
I got to play both systems this week and even though I was leaning towards Sony post E3 I have to admit that Xbone had just a better feel all around. The controller still feels light on the PS4 even with the dual shock which drives me kinda crazy. I wasn't a fan of the new Killzone, but to be completely honest I've never played a Killzone before, so I guess I'm...wait, unbiased? I dunno. It just seemed like every other FPS shooter out there to me.

Strangely enough, I was most impressed by Killer Instinct, which is a LIVE title lol.
interesting......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #100
eternalinferno
Side-Kick

I'm really hoping that my job will get some ps4s in stock so I could just buy it from there and cancel my pre order on amazon, consoles and games are usually 5 bucks less than in most places and as an employee there I'd have first dibs.

Closed Thread