The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

View Poll Results: What show did you like better? Superman:The Animated Series or Justice League?
Superman TAS 15 27.27%
Justice League 40 72.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2013, 06:00 AM   #51
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Default Re: What show did you like better? Superman:The Animated Series or Justice League?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
C'mon,you know I'm talking about a decent sized role.Not a guest spot once or twice.
True, true. Well I always did like Superman TAS better.

ganon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #52
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Default Re: What show did you like better? Superman:The Animated Series or Justice League?

Justice League. Superman: TAS was boring.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #53
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
superman the animated series. there's was always a whole lotta **** going on in jlu. too much for a half hour show.
I think the OP said that he wasn't including JLU, just JL.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #54
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I think the OP said that he wasn't including JLU, just JL.
Agreed, but STAS was NOT boring.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #55
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Goddamn it! Why the hell does Justice League have so much more votes than STAS?? That show wasn't THAT good.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:21 AM   #56
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon51 View Post
Goddamn it! Why the hell does Justice League have so much more votes than STAS?? That show wasn't THAT good.

I can tell you as a Superman fan since I was 2 years old that S:TAS, for me, was a boring and lifeless attempt at doing Superman for a modern audience, especially, I think, a modern young audience. The creative team simply did not do a good job of showcasing the character or his appeal.

JUSTICE LEAGUE had similar problems, but by the time the JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED episodes had arrived (and much of the same creators of B:TAS/S:TAS were far less hands on in Warner Animation at the time) the writing and presentation of Superman had become far better to many fan's eyes.

For myself there is no question that S:TAS has far fewer well animated or well written episodes than the totality of the JL/JLU run. I think writers like Dwayne Macduffie had a much better handle on Superman as a character than Timm, Dini and that crew, which is the main reason why Superman fans don't complain as much when it comes to JLU as opposed to TAS.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:54 AM   #57
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
The season long story arcs were the first time I saw it in an animated cartoon with such a level of depth and complexity. It drew on story elements that were years in the making. I thought the Cadmus storyline was simply incredible. Best animated show ever imho.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #58
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I can tell you as a Superman fan since I was 2 years old that S:TAS, for me, was a boring and lifeless attempt at doing Superman for a modern audience, especially, I think, a modern young audience. The creative team simply did not do a good job of showcasing the character or his appeal.

JUSTICE LEAGUE had similar problems, but by the time the JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED episodes had arrived (and much of the same creators of B:TAS/S:TAS were far less hands on in Warner Animation at the time) the writing and presentation of Superman had become far better to many fan's eyes.

For myself there is no question that S:TAS has far fewer well animated or well written episodes than the totality of the JL/JLU run. I think writers like Dwayne Macduffie had a much better handle on Superman as a character than Timm, Dini and that crew, which is the main reason why Superman fans don't complain as much when it comes to JLU as opposed to TAS.
Except we're comparing JUSTICE LEAGUE, NOT UNLIMITED. And I think they did a great job with the STAS episodes such as the Darkseid ones('Apokolips..Now' and 'Legacy' were hands down some of the best episodes in the entire DCAU) and his teamups with Batman. IMO in Justice League S2 and onward he didn't seem so much like the boy scout he's supposed to be, he became more harsh. Just watch the JLU episode "Clash".

Last edited by ganon51; 10-05-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #59
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

I'm not a Superman fan but JLU made me at least 'get' the character a little more.
The 'I live in a world made of cardboard' is superb. I didn't get that with the STAS, I'm sorry but I just didn't.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #60
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Superman TAS
Now if it was JLU I would vote for that.
And didn't the OP say this is JUSTICE LEAGUE, NOT UNLIMITED. Come on people read a little.

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #61
gkokujin
Side-Kick

ohhhh didn't read "not unlimited"

I want my vote back. Cause the first season of Justice League frequently pissed me off...but it made up for it in later seasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
gkokujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #62
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
I'm not a Superman fan but JLU made me at least 'get' the character a little more.
The 'I live in a world made of cardboard' is superb. I didn't get that with the STAS, I'm sorry but I just didn't.
Well we did see that he cares for people and he'd sacrifice his own life to save people.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #63
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Agreed, but STAS was NOT boring.
Oh yes the hell it was.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #64
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Oh yes the hell it was.
Nope. It had some of the best episodes of the entire DCAU; "World's Finest", "Apokolips..Now" and "Legacy" to name a few.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #65
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Nope. It had some of the best episodes of the entire DCAU; "World's Finest", "Apokolips..Now" and "Legacy" to name a few.
Just because it's had a few good ones doesn't mean that overall the show wasn't a bore. As a matter of fact, World's Finest is really the only episode that I can watch with complete interest all the way through. Us arguing this isn't going to change my opinion, and you won't be changing yours. So we might as well drop it.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #66
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
Superman TAS
Now if it was JLU I would vote for that.
And didn't the OP say this is JUSTICE LEAGUE, NOT UNLIMITED. Come on people read a little.
That could be why JL has way more votes so far than STAS

Old 10-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #67
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

sorry

Last edited by ganon51; 10-07-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #68
kguillou
Side-Kick

Wait, why is JLU being excluded anyway? That's still apart of Justice League, no?

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #69
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
Wait, why is JLU being excluded anyway? That's still apart of Justice League, no?
Its considered it it's own separate series.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #70
Rorschach2012
$

That's so stupid

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #71
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
That's so stupid
Why?

Old 10-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #72
Rorschach2012
$

BTAS' name was changed to the Adventures of Batman and Robin,then later the New Batman Adventures (with a completely new art style) yet its all considered "Batman: The Animated Series" as it should be. Justice League and Justice League Unlimited should be considered the same thing by the same logic

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #73
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator

Hard to answer the question. I liked Superman the Animated Series, but Justice League had more interesting stories and I was happy that Superman's power level was increased.

My favorite of the Justice League series is the Superman themed "For the Man Who Has Everything".

Old 10-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #74
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
BTAS' name was changed to the Adventures of Batman and Robin,then later the New Batman Adventures (with a completely new art style) yet its all considered "Batman: The Animated Series" as it should be. Justice League and Justice League Unlimited should be considered the same thing by the same logic
Go to Wikipedia and look up Justice League and then Unlimited, they're separate shows.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #75
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

I gotta go with Superman: TAS on this one. I liked JL/JLU as well and I found Batman TAS dull and dry as hell. But the Superman one was more focused than JL/JLU. It was the first time I ever saw Superman really delved into and his rogues gallery given a place to shine. IMO, it's DC's best show to date. I just loved it.