The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #51
georgec
Not a hero

Default Re: Breaking Bad - All Bad Things Must Come To An End - The Finale Thread - Part 13

"You're welcome, Vince and AMC."

- Netflix streaming

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #52
FCEEVIPER
Hunter Of Sentients

Default Re: Breaking Bad - All Bad Things Must Come To An End - The Finale Thread - Part 13

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
Old 09-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #53
Soapy
It's happening again...

10+ million is absolutely insane, and it's totally deserved, but who are these people that decide to watch the last episode of a series presumably without having seen the rest of it??

Old 09-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #54
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Well there was a marathon.

Spill

Old 09-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #55
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

I know a few people that decided to watch the finale without having seen it before. IMO it's ridiculous but to each their own

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 09-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #56
kguillou
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
The finale really wasn't that amazing...it's everything that preceded it that was truly amazing. This one just took it home. To me it's like Ozymandias bowled a 9, and Granite State/Felina completed the spare.
Very well said, my friend. I think you hit the nail on the head. It wasn't an amazing episode but it was a very satisfying conclusion and tied up all loose ends. Ozymandias...THAT was an amazing episode and even Gilligan seems to agree with that.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #57
StarLord
Legendary Outlaw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEEVIPER View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 09-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #58
dark_b
Side-Kick

the fact that Walt was calm makes this perfect. remember Hank? and what he said? be a f... man.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #59
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Was anyone else surprised that Skyler, Jr., and Jesse didn't die? I really thought this last episode was going to be balls-to-the-wall action, ending with the deaths of just about every major character. Instead, it was a fairly subdued episode and only the bad guys bought the farm.

Two really great moments in the finale stand out to me: when the lasers appeared on Gretchen and Elliott (I nearly jumped out of my seat); and when the nazis put the gun to Walt's head. For a moment I thought there would be a twist that Walt would be unceremoniously shot and it would be up to Jesse to somehow save himself and kill the nazis.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #60
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
I know a few people that decided to watch the finale without having seen it before.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #61
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

Imagine someone who has never seen the show before trying to watch it in reverse, starting with the finale and ending with the premiere. I wonder what that would be like.

I should try that with a show sometime, just to see what it's like. Everyone keeps telling me I need to watch The Wire, so maybe I'll do it with that show.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Hair (2016)
Hair League for Men (2017)
Wonder Woman's Styling Tips (2018)
Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

The Dark Knight Glazes (2019)
Old 09-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #62
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
The finale really wasn't that amazing...it's everything that preceded it that was truly amazing. This one just took it home. To me it's like Ozymandias bowled a 9, and Granite State/Felina completed the spare.
Yeah, I sort of have similar feelings about it. The finale was good, but it had a very safe feel to it, but not in a bad way, more in a 'this is how everything fit into place' kind of way. Nothing wrong with that at all.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #63
Blitzkrieg Bop
Crazy Casbah Jive

I thought it was obvious Skyler and Jr. would live. They didn't deserve to die. Jesse deserved to live.

I watched the finale with a friend who's only seen seasons 1 and 2.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #64
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

I was reading up on Ricin (i'm probably on a watchlist now). Apparently it's a bit more survivable when it's ingested and death can take up to five days. So Lydia has a chance of surviving, but she would also be facing the possibility of severe organ damage. Which, all in all, sounds like a pretty horrible fate either way.

Henchman for Shadaloo
Old 09-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #65
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

Still sticking with the season 4 finale as my favorite episode. This was so satisfying though.

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
Old 09-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #66
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
10+ million is absolutely insane, and it's totally deserved, but who are these people that decide to watch the last episode of a series presumably without having seen the rest of it??
A friend I know posted on facebook who just saw the finale and nothing else, I almost wanted to flip my table.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #67
georgec
Not a hero

I like that the finale did what we expected and wanted. No silly twists or shockers that would stand out. Just straight up satisfying resolution.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #68
Zeus
Side-Kick

Ranking my seasons

Old 09-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #69
Zeus
Side-Kick

Breaking Bad season finales viewers (in millions)
Year 1- 1.5
Year 2- 1.5
Year 3- 1.6
Year 4- 1.8
Year 5- 2.8
Year 6- 10.3

Old 09-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #70
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Breaking Bad season finales viewers (in millions)
Year 1- 1.5
Year 2- 1.5
Year 3- 1.6
Year 4- 1.8
Year 5- 2.8
Year 6- 10.3
Got damn. They barely even moved in the first four years. Then.... TRANSFORMATION!

Old 09-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #71
hobo123
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

I like to think that maybe Badger and Skinny Pete somehow got the rest of the money.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #72
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
Very well said, my friend. I think you hit the nail on the head. It wasn't an amazing episode but it was a very satisfying conclusion and tied up all loose ends. Ozymandias...THAT was an amazing episode and even Gilligan seems to agree with that.
There were some damn fine performances and a hand built automatic turret. Not to mention everything at the Schwartz home. This episode was as independently good as anything this show has produced.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #73
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Imagine someone who has never seen the show before trying to watch it in reverse, starting with the finale and ending with the premiere. I wonder what that would be like.

I should try that with a show sometime, just to see what it's like. Everyone keeps telling me I need to watch The Wire, so maybe I'll do it with that show.
I slogged my way through the first season of The Wire and stopped out of boredom. BB was much better.

Proud Co-founder of Gambit’s Royal Flush
Old 09-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #74
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Kane we need a gif of Walt coming out of the shadows at Elliot and Gretchen's, stat! Haha

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #75
StarLord
Legendary Outlaw...

Closed Thread