The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #926
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...
 
Tron Bonne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Year 70XX
Posts: 25,337
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Maru View Post
You don't like what I said? My apologies.
Nah, it's cool. I'm just being a stealth debbie downer there. I mean, I love BB. I have all the series on DVD (outside season 5, part 2, obviously). But I see all the insane gushing about it and seeing stuff like all that "new novel" BS article, and I don't know, it's like people haven't even been watching TV within the last 10-15 years. I don't even think it was the best show as it was airing personally.

But you know, like I said, I don't want to be down on people about it. You like something that much, fair enough.

__________________
"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #927
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,813
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Anybody wants to recomend more good shows like Breaking Bad? I made a thread for that:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=466119&highlight=

But not many posted

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #928
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...
 
Tron Bonne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Year 70XX
Posts: 25,337
Default Re: Breaking Bad

I'll post some stuff in there. I'm generally kind of horrible at making lists since I think about it too much, so I may just throw out some recommendations loosely.

__________________
"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #929
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,813
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Thanks, any recomendation is welcome, as i state in the begining you don't have to follow the fields i ask if you don't want to.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #930
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 48,376
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Nah, it's cool. I'm just being a stealth debbie downer there. I mean, I love BB. I have all the series on DVD (outside season 5, part 2, obviously). But I see all the insane gushing about it and seeing stuff like all that "new novel" BS article, and I don't know, it's like people haven't even been watching TV within the last 10-15 years. I don't even think it was the best show as it was airing personally.

But you know, like I said, I don't want to be down on people about it. You like something that much, fair enough.
I haven't so I believe I should be excused.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #931
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour
 
Ramsay Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BOLTON, England, UK
Posts: 7,487
Default Re: Breaking Bad

"He's a school teacher. What is he gonna do? Give you a B-minus?" Oh, Jane. If you only knew

Ramsay Snow is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #932
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User
 
Kane52630's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Skynet
Posts: 66,531
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_agent View Post
"He's a school teacher. What is he gonna do? Give you a B-minus?" Oh, Jane. If you only knew
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:



__________________
Isolated System
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #933
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick
 
carrrnuttt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,535
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Nah, it's cool. I'm just being a stealth debbie downer there. I mean, I love BB. I have all the series on DVD (outside season 5, part 2, obviously). But I see all the insane gushing about it and seeing stuff like all that "new novel" BS article, and I don't know, it's like people haven't even been watching TV within the last 10-15 years. I don't even think it was the best show as it was airing personally.

But you know, like I said, I don't want to be down on people about it. You like something that much, fair enough.
So yours is the correct, and final thoughts on the matter then?

Because "personally," I grew up with the TV as my babysitter, and in the last 10-15 years, I can't think of ANY show that hits on as many good points as BB does. The least of which is how it treated its viewers like intelligent adults, instead of assuming, like most shows, that every nuance needs to be explained or it'll fly by us.

But hey, that's MY thoughts on the matter, right? Is there a subscription button for YOUR thoughts around here? I'd like to know what to think next.

__________________
"Fiona is NOT my past."
carrrnuttt is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #934
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour
 
Ramsay Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BOLTON, England, UK
Posts: 7,487
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:




Relating to this, when Walt comments on Jesse's "junkie girlfriend" and then Jesse throws the glass at him. That was hilarious.

Ramsay Snow is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #935
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius
 
Shifty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Earth Dimension C-137
Posts: 13,557
Thumbs up Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Maru View Post
Will there ever be a show as good as Breaking Bad was?
I hope there is. I plan on living for another 50 years.

I really liked BBC America's Orphan Black and I think Breaking Bad fans would be interested in it. It has some humour, cliffhangers, interesting characters, fantastic acting and a fresh story.

One decision by the protagonist sets things in motion and turns everyone's lives upside down. The opening scene is probably the most WTF since Breaking Bad's pilot. Plus one of the season's villains, Helena, is the most interesting since Gus Fring.

Its an addictive serial drama and you should check it out!Trailer

__________________
THOSE GUYS ARE INSIDE YOU BUILDING A PIECE OF ****, ETHAN!
They're inside you building a monument to compromise!

Rick and Morty
Shifty is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #936
Piper Maru
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,190
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
I hope there is. I plan on living for another 50 years.

I really liked BBC America's Orphan Black and I think Breaking Bad fans would be interested in it. It has some humour, cliffhangers, interesting characters, fantastic acting and a fresh story.

One decision by the protagonist sets things in motion and turns everyone's lives upside down. The opening scene is probably the most WTF since Breaking Bad's pilot. Plus one of the season's villains, Helena, is the most interesting since Gus Fring.

Its an addictive serial drama and you should check it out!Trailer
Thanks for the links, I'll definitely be checking it out!


Piper Maru is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #937
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...
 
Tron Bonne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Year 70XX
Posts: 25,337
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrrnuttt View Post
So yours is the correct, and final thoughts on the matter then?

Because "personally," I grew up with the TV as my babysitter, and in the last 10-15 years, I can't think of ANY show that hits on as many good points as BB does. The least of which is how it treated its viewers like intelligent adults, instead of assuming, like most shows, that every nuance needs to be explained or it'll fly by us.

But hey, that's MY thoughts on the matter, right? Is there a subscription button for YOUR thoughts around here? I'd like to know what to think next.
Lol, talk about catching feelings. I love how you picked up on that one word, yet ignored my last sentence where I said all is fine if that's how you feel. But yes, that is clearly the end of all arguments, that is obviously what I'm saying, haha.

__________________
"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #938
Happy Jack
Iconographer
 
Happy Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Future
Posts: 6,116
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Those are amazing.

It's surprising to me looking back at the final season how little death there actually was. Out of the core ensemble only Hank and Walt died, and the latter's death was pretty much telegraphed from the very beginning of the show. It's a testament that they were able to create such a exponential level of dread and despair throughout the last eight episodes without there being so much bloodshed (of the good guys that is). I was expecting everyone to die honestly.

__________________
O Captain! My Captain! Rise up and hear the bells.
Rise up, for you the flag is flung, for you the bugle trills.
For you bouquets and ribbon'd wreaths, for you the shores a-crowding.
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning.
Happy Jack is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #939
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 68,448
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Those are the tits.

__________________
Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is online now  
Old 10-24-2013, 02:10 AM   #940
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 20,914
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Hi folks, unfortunately I didn't win the Breaking Bad poster competition my local retailer was having. I was kinda hoping if I won I might be able to give away a couple of copies here on the Hype but unfortunately that's not going to happen. However if anyone wishes to print off a copy for themselves I'm attaching a link to the hi-res PDF file. http://fanartexhibit.files.wordpress...bad_poster.pdf

__________________
Celebrating 75 years of Batman saving Gotham City.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 02:26 AM   #941
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump
 
JJJ's Ulcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The pit of J Jonah Jameson's stomach.
Posts: 10,959
Default Re: Breaking Bad

I'm not sure Breaking Bad is the best show EVAH on TV, because after a certain high-bar of quality is reached, it boils down to subjectivity a bit, but it's definitely in the top 5.

The Shield is an extremely underrated show, which I encourage everyone to watch. It's almost as perfect a show as BB was, but sadly never got the press it deserved. But, without saying whether I agree with them or not, I could easily see someone making an argument that The Shield, The Wire or The Sopranos was the best show ever too.

Posters like carrrnuttt jumping on Tron Bonne just because he says he's not sure it's the best show ever, is really fanboyish though. The most negative thing Tron Bonne said is, out of the thousands of shows to be on the air, he's not sure BB is the best ever and he basically gets Heisenberged.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Oh, JJJ........... sometimes you make me wonder why I haven't killed you yet. :eek:
"My mum always said 'if someone doesn't like you, **** 'em. They've got bad taste.'" ~ Bob Hoskins on confidence.

Last edited by JJJ's Ulcer; 10-24-2013 at 02:31 AM.
JJJ's Ulcer is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 02:42 AM   #942
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick
 
carrrnuttt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,535
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
Posters like carrrnuttt jumping on Tron Bonne just because he says he's not sure it's the best show ever, is really fanboyish though. The most negative thing Tron Bonne said is, out of the thousands of shows to be on the air, he's not sure BB is the best ever and he basically gets Heisenberged.
I'm not jumping on him for sharing HIS opinion. I couldn't care less if he thinks Keeping Up With The Kardashians is better than BB.

I'm reacting to him being uppity about OTHER'S opinions of the show.

If people want to act like this show is the herald of the Second Coming, so be it. The show's done. If they still feel that way, let them. No need to act all snooty because people are asking things like "Will there ever be a show as good as BB?"

Personal preferences being what it is, nothing will ever please everyone equally. Just don't act like everyone else is not up to your intellectual standards because they don't share your opinion on a VERY subjective topic. I mean, what else am I supposed to infer from "it's like people haven't even been watching TV within the last 10-15 years"?

__________________
"Fiona is NOT my past."

Last edited by carrrnuttt; 10-24-2013 at 02:49 AM.
carrrnuttt is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 02:50 AM   #943
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump
 
JJJ's Ulcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The pit of J Jonah Jameson's stomach.
Posts: 10,959
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrrnuttt View Post
I'm not jumping on him for sharing HIS opinion. I couldn't care less if he thinks Keeping Up With The Kardashians is better than BB.

I'm reacting to him being uppity about OTHER'S opinions of the show.
"Uppity"? What are you a Southern plantation owner? He expressed an opinion you disagreed with and you overreacted. That's pretty much plain to see for everyone.


Quote:
If people want to act like this show is the herald of the Second Coming, so be it. The show's done. If they still feel that way, let them. No need to act all snooty because people are asking things like "Will there ever be a show as good as BB?"
He didn't act snooty or uppity or any of the other ridiculous characteristics you ascribe to him. Looking back on what he said and what you said (both here and in your original reply to him) you come off as uber-defensive, twisting his dissenting opinion into some personal attack on you.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Oh, JJJ........... sometimes you make me wonder why I haven't killed you yet. :eek:
"My mum always said 'if someone doesn't like you, **** 'em. They've got bad taste.'" ~ Bob Hoskins on confidence.
JJJ's Ulcer is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 02:54 AM   #944
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,834
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Hi folks, unfortunately I didn't win the Breaking Bad poster competition my local retailer was having. I was kinda hoping if I won I might be able to give away a couple of copies here on the Hype but unfortunately that's not going to happen. However if anyone wishes to print off a copy for themselves I'm attaching a link to the hi-res PDF file. http://fanartexhibit.files.wordpress...bad_poster.pdf
Bad luck. The winner must have been something truly exceptional to beat your effort. We love your art.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 02:59 AM   #945
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump
 
JJJ's Ulcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The pit of J Jonah Jameson's stomach.
Posts: 10,959
Default Re: Breaking Bad

jmc, I thought your artwork was phenomenal. I'm sure the entrants would have been overwhelming for this kind of contest, so it would have been no easy choice.

JJJ's Ulcer is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 04:29 AM   #946
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick
 
carrrnuttt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,535
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
He didn't act snooty or uppity or any of the other ridiculous characteristics you ascribe to him.
Feel free to interpret this for me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
But I see all the insane gushing about it and seeing stuff like all that "new novel" BS article, and I don't know, it's like people haven't even been watching TV within the last 10-15 years.
Should I subscribe to your thoughts now too? Apparently, my thoughts are just off on everything, and you and Tron are the utmost authorities on how people should think around here.

__________________
"Fiona is NOT my past."
carrrnuttt is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:05 AM   #947
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 20,914
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
jmc, I thought your artwork was phenomenal. I'm sure the entrants would have been overwhelming for this kind of contest, so it would have been no easy choice.
No doubt, although I'm wondering if the illustrated nature of the artwork was a negative, most of the submissions I imagine would have been photoshopped. Not to matter, would have been cool to win but I'm still proud of the piece and may end up printing it off myself anyway.

__________________
Celebrating 75 years of Batman saving Gotham City.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:12 AM   #948
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump
 
JJJ's Ulcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The pit of J Jonah Jameson's stomach.
Posts: 10,959
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrrnuttt View Post
Feel free to interpret this for me:



Should I subscribe to your thoughts now too? Apparently, my thoughts are just off on everything, and you and Tron are the utmost authorities on how people should think around here.
Yes. Subscribe to my thoughts. That's sarcasm by the way. When did I tell you what to think? Boy, do you have rhymes-with-tissues.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Oh, JJJ........... sometimes you make me wonder why I haven't killed you yet. :eek:
"My mum always said 'if someone doesn't like you, **** 'em. They've got bad taste.'" ~ Bob Hoskins on confidence.
JJJ's Ulcer is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:17 AM   #949
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty
 
Darkness Falls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: brisbane, Australia
Posts: 11,863
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Hi folks, unfortunately I didn't win the Breaking Bad poster competition my local retailer was having. I was kinda hoping if I won I might be able to give away a couple of copies here on the Hype but unfortunately that's not going to happen. However if anyone wishes to print off a copy for themselves I'm attaching a link to the hi-res PDF file. http://fanartexhibit.files.wordpress...bad_poster.pdf
such a shame man, that is an amazing piece of art

__________________
General Public: (on seeing tdkr multiple times) You Don't owe these people anymore...... you've given them EVERYTHING!!
DF: *Batman voice*: Not everything......Not Yet

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:17 AM   #950
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump
 
JJJ's Ulcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The pit of J Jonah Jameson's stomach.
Posts: 10,959
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
No doubt, although I'm wondering if the illustrated nature of the artwork was a negative, most of the submissions I imagine would have been photoshopped. Not to matter, would have been cool to win but I'm still proud of the piece and may end up printing it off myself anyway.
If you use twitter, @-mention Dean Norris or Aaron Paul or someone with it. They'll no doubt RT something that cool and that'll give you exposure (or at the very least, a satisfied smile).

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Oh, JJJ........... sometimes you make me wonder why I haven't killed you yet. :eek:
"My mum always said 'if someone doesn't like you, **** 'em. They've got bad taste.'" ~ Bob Hoskins on confidence.
JJJ's Ulcer is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.